Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zedprime posted:

Ok smarty pants scientist, where do snozzberries fit in?

How much lube ya got?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

zedprime posted:

Ok smarty pants scientist, where do snozzberries fit in?

the snozzberries taste like snozzberries

this is botany 101

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Empty Sandwich posted:

the snozzberries taste like snozzberries

this is botany 101

Roald Dahl posted:

"How did you manage to roll the old rubbery thing on him?"

"There's only one way when they get violent," Yasmin said. "I grabbed hold of his snozzberry and hung onto it like grim death and gave it a twist or two to make him hold still."

"Ow."

"Very effective."

"I'll bet it is."

"You can lead them around anywhere you want like that."

"I'm sure."

"It's like putting a twitch on a horse."

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I couldn't find it, but I knew it was on its way

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

It's an abomination, but probably a tasty one.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

It's an abomination, but probably a tasty one.

ngl this thread has more "woulds" that "wouldn'ts" overall for me.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think this thread has kinda muddled its balance between people who are squeamish about foods and people who are animals that will eat anything and know no shame.

This is the season for foods that are green that have no business being green.

https://viralnova.com/saint-patricks-food-fails/

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Now that's funny

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

I had an interesting reaction to this since if you only see the top of the image it looks like some sort of cheesy chip basket which, yeah, is a mess, but probably really tasty and slowly come to the conclusion that whoever designed this has no idea what the actual form function of a burger is

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah that's the weird part, I love crunching down on dry blocks of ramen

You haven't lived till you have had a block of Ramen Noodles that is still hot and crisp off the production line*

*the one good thing that came out of the final lovely unpaid internship I had gotten stuck with as part of a program for special needs people I had gotten signed up for unwillingly after graduating high school(as I was still a minor) that was essentially me being forced to do unpaid labor for a whole year of my life(only reason I didn't quit the moment I turned 18 was because they were holding my High School Diploma hostage)

Aardvark! posted:

Oh I forgot to post this one

So is that like a fast food version of Haggis or something?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

ngl this thread has more "woulds" that "wouldn'ts" overall for me.

Honestly the thread works better when it goes in that direction anyways

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

drrockso20 posted:

*the one good thing that came out of the final lovely unpaid internship I had gotten stuck with as part of a program for special needs people I had gotten signed up for unwillingly after graduating high school(as I was still a minor) that was essentially me being forced to do unpaid labor for a whole year of my life(only reason I didn't quit the moment I turned 18 was because they were holding my High School Diploma hostage)

What the gently caress? That's insane.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I don't... And I don't want to...

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Is cakewrecks cheating?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Elviscat posted:

What the gently caress? That's insane.

Part of the problem was that it was a program clearly intended for people way more Special Needs* than I am(just some ADD and a very High Functioning Autism), so basically everything about it was structured in a way that for someone like myself who operates at a normal intellect was just mind numbing and tedious which combined with not being paid for one's own labor made it nigh intolerable(my first internship at a movie theater did at least let me see movies for free though), and it definitely caused me all sorts of anguish both mental and physical(experienced a stress fracture in my foot during my time in the program which was incredibly painful) that haunts me to this day

*which was another problem, as up to that point my experience with other Special Needs people had been very limited(indeed all but nonexistent beyond one of my friends having an even milder form of Autism), and my time in that program made me realize something, I cannot stand being around people with actual intellectual disabilities, not in a hateful way mind you, I just have no patience for their various quirks and emotional issues(during my time in thatprogramthere probably wasn't a single day that passed that didn't have at least one tantrum or emotional breakdown by one of the other people in the program, and dealing with that for an entire year is mentally exhausting^)and I also fully recognize that in some degree it's a self-hatred issue tied to my own disability and that it is probably one of my biggest flaws as a human being

^like it's not surprising that less than a year after I left that program that I had my first mental health crisis

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Eh, Philippe?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

After tiny pastry we finally have the technology for tiny banana

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

spankmeister posted:

After tiny pastry we finally have the technology for tiny banana

See, I initially read that as some sort of insect, so we're right back to that dichotomy again.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

So is that like a fast food version of Haggis or something?
more an irish answer to falafel https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/chilled-food-family-burgers-grills-walsh-s-spiceburgers-2-pack-185-g-/p-1004597000

https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/1373381135988822017?s=20

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm burgin' :burger:

Or, a healthier option:

Maybe I should just get pizza instead.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'd eat everything except the head of lettuce "burger" and the rice one, but burger people really need to remember it's supposed to fit in a mouth. There's nothing more humiliating than being forced to eat a burger with a knife and fork.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I can't believe there's a second place out there that puts cheese fries on top of a burger

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'd eat everything except the head of lettuce "burger" and the rice one, but burger people really need to remember it's supposed to fit in a mouth. There's nothing more humiliating than being forced to eat a burger with a knife and fork.

Please do not stifle the chef's creativity.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So what exactly makes a burger a "slut"? Is it some weird translation thing or is it a photoshop?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zil posted:

So what exactly makes a burger a "slut"? Is it some weird translation thing or is it a photoshop?

it's a brand

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Zil posted:

"The name refers to a chef who simply adds an egg to everything to make it better."

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

This is from the last page, but I was tripping out at seeing those orange fruit being called gooseberries, although I saw later in the thread there are apparently two different species referred to as gooseberries.

These are the ones I'm familiar with from the UK:

And apparently they were banned in the US at the same time as blackcurrant, being related, and are likewise making a bit of a resurgence in the US:

https://recipes.howstuffworks.com/gooseberry.htm

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm still not at all sure what to do with the fact that there are popular mainstream brands called "eggslut" and "shoegasm"

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Fuddruckers has been around a long time, even if that's not as blatant.

https://www.fuddruckers.com/

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Mmmm, could really go for some Pizza Slut right now.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's no way this would work to eat as a sandwich.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/msparck/status/483675993883041792?s=20

It was harder than it should have been to find a picture of that that I could actually link. Anyway, that's available near me.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Dareon posted:

It was harder than it should have been to find a picture of that that I could actually link. Anyway, that's available near me.

Reminds me of this blast from the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAQqdf2hlek

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Oh hell yeah id eat that lettuce bun burg. I also enjoy wedge salads. Its just more wedge salad. A win win for me

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Dareon posted:

Trick pricing, being alaska $20 is for the simultaneously unripe stale tomato.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

zedprime posted:

Trick pricing, being alaska $20 is for the simultaneously unripe stale tomato.

Yup, plus it's a challenge burg, eat the whole thing in one sitting by yourself without puking and I think it's free? Haven't actually paid it any attention beyond "Well, that exists."

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

There’s no way that lettuce burger wouldn’t completely fall apart the instant you took the first bite.

Good Iceberg lettuce is actually an underrated thing, but it is not a bread substitute.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Oh hell yeah id eat that lettuce bun burg. I also enjoy wedge salads. Its just more wedge salad. A win win for me
I've had lettuce wrap burgers, and the only downside for me is that they put the same amount of mayo and mustard on the lettuce version but the lettuce doesn't soak up the sauces so it gets extra messy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

There's a certain point where a burger stops being even a loosely defined sandwich and just becomes a heap