Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

It's part of my new "tubular foods only" diet along with slim jims and macaroni

Pixie sticks and string cheese

I'm feeling it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Aardvark! posted:

It's part of my new "tubular foods only" diet along with slim jims and macaroni

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

The Bloop posted:

Pixie sticks and string cheese

I'm feeling it

Cheese sticks with a hollow core of pure, 100% uncut, unadulterated, Columbian sugar.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Cheese sticks with a hollow core of pure, 100% uncut, unadulterated, Columbian sugar.

Hmm.. but what if, instead, 100% uncut, unadulterated, American ranch dressing?

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

Hmm.. but what if, instead, 100% uncut, unadulterated, American ranch dressing?

Then battered and deep fried

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My favorite thing about ranch dressing is that it was invented in California.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
love me some franch fries

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
cartoon character shaped pasta is the best pasta because it holds onto sauce so well. Better even than wagon wheels.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Back when I was very new to cooking I tried a crock pot recipe for "Mississippi Pot Roast" which was literally just "dump a chuck roast, packet of au jus mix, packed of ranch dressing mix, ton of butter, and pepperoncinis in there and let er rip"

It wasn't bad, but dear god it was salty. I even used unsalted butter. Welp that's my ranch dressing story.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My favorite thing about ranch dressing is that it was invented in California.

California, famous for its lack of agriculture.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

redgubbinz posted:

packet of au jus mix, packed of ranch dressing mix, ton of butter, "

It wasn't bad, but dear god it was salty. I even used unsalted butter. Welp that's my ranch dressing story.
Salt, salt, probably more salt

Maybe try again with half a packet of each and unsalted butter.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

VideoTapir posted:

Salt, salt, probably more salt

My wife makes that sometimes and it's good as hell.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
It finally happened after god knows how many hours I've spent in google maps: I ended up looking through an entire restaurant's photos and found one I'd already posted (the CFS in the op). Kind of surprised it took this long.

Anyway, ranch chat gave me an idea: golden corral. For the non Americans who may not be aware, Golden Corral is an all you can eat American buffet. A bottomless pit of perversion awaits!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Last time I lived in the US, my wife developed a fondness for Golden Corral.

Golden Corral in my father's lovely nowhere town: Excellent.

Golden Corral in Las Vegas: Execrable.

In towns where Golden Corral can actually draw the best local kitchen talent, it's good. In towns where they're scraping the barrel, it's bad.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I figured I'd see a lot of ranch loaded salads, but I've only even seen 3 salads!!!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

VideoTapir posted:

cartoon characterProfessional Wrestler shaped pasta is the best pasta because it holds onto sauce so well. Better even than wagon wheels.

Pepper Crab
Mar 2, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

come on down to my ranchstaurant and try all 36 flavors of ranch!

Today's flavor: meat

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Aardvark! posted:

Anyway, ranch chat gave me an idea: golden corral. For the non Americans who may not be aware, Golden Corral is an all you can eat American buffet. A bottomless pit of perversion awaits!

I'm not normally one to cast aspersions but i gotta question how you can do not one but two posts full of Golden Corral pics without including the most americana.jpg part of all, the Chocolate Fountain:

Just in case it's not clear for our foreign guests in this thread, friends, that chocolate is in motion.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

2twiztid4me

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Porfiriato posted:

I'm not normally one to cast aspersions but i gotta question how you can do not one but two posts full of Golden Corral pics without including the most americana.jpg part of all, the Chocolate Fountain:

Just in case it's not clear for our foreign guests in this thread, friends, that chocolate is in motion.

I was hoping to find a picture of a kid putting something inappropriate in it first :ssh:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

This would be a good profile picture for online dating.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

the chocolate wonderfall is really good for purifying the air, it pulls all the contaminants (and small insects) out of the air and binds them to the chocolate so the customers can safely poop them out later instead of breathing them in

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Aardvark! posted:

It finally happened after god knows how many hours I've spent in google maps: I ended up looking through an entire restaurant's photos and found one I'd already posted (the CFS in the op). Kind of surprised it took this long.

Sizzler's taco_bar.jpg. Looks like what I fear most about going there with my folks, mom would always end up with something like that on her plate towards the end of the evening.

The salad bar is dope though.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Porfiriato posted:

Fondue pots/fountains are actually Swiss. some of them use cheese.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my old boss at my job was this older woman who had lived all kinds of lives, she had been an opera director, she went to India to follow some guru, got tired of that, came back to the States and became a Catholic nun, got tired of that, eventually ended up at the library where I worked. she lived in a house out in the country and only ever came into town for work, doctor's appointments, and Golden Corral. like once a month she would arrange to meet an old friend for lunch and they would jointly drive into the city and devastate the Golden Corral buffet. it was one of her life's greatest joys. cool lady.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Fondue pots/fountains are actually Swiss. some of them use cheese.

It's amazing Raclette never caught on in America.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Zero One posted:

The canadian girls hockey sport?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Voice of Labor posted:

townsends invading one island and growing nutmeg on it

im talking about the islands between canada and upstate new york what are you talking about lol

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Zero One posted:

This also confuses me

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
Golden Corral was good for all you can eat pot roast. It was super tender. I also liked the Bourbon Street chicken, and all you can eat fried shrimp. That was pretty much the only things I ate there; it closed due to covid.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I remember an old post about Golden Corral and how its just full of the fattest, grossest displays of white trash you could imagine. Im a coastal elite, so when I went on a cross country road trip 7 years ago or so I was insistent that we stop at a Golden Corral in Alabama so I could see it for myself. I was expecting to laugh at slovenly Poors drinking big cups of chocolate fountain sauce or something. But it was just normal families and couples eating crappy food and was disappointingly normal and I felt like a total rear end in a top hat when I left there for expecting what I did.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

As a "weird" kid who loved veggies, my favorite part of any buffet by far was the salad bar, because it had everything under the sun to put on top of that bad boy. I haven't been to an american-style buffet in a million years, but just the thought of All Of The Vegetables and then sunflower seeds and bacon bits and olives and loving whatever is making me crazy

Also the chicken wings owned

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

This also confuses me

It's cheese on toast

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Outrail posted:

It's cheese on toast

I'm confused why it's not a popular American thing. I've enjoyed it at a fancy place where it cost a bunch of money but it's literally just melted cheese on stuff. We like melted cheese.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I've never been to a Golden Corral but it seems like that whole place is really unsanitary. Especially that disgusting chocolate fountain. There's absolutely no way that you can just have that accessible to the kind of foot traffic a restaurant sees and have it be even remotely sanitary. Even under the best of circumstances where we could pretend that a whole lot of the general public is either stupid, inconsiderate, selfish, or some combination of all of those, I just don't think you can have an open air fountain of edible liquid with all those people moving around it and sticking poo poo in there.

That whole thing horrifies me.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm confused why it's not a popular American thing. I've enjoyed it at a fancy place where it cost a bunch of money but it's literally just melted cheese on stuff. We like melted cheese.

So it's like trying to sell sand to a beach. Americans put cheese on everything anyway, why would you want to pay extra to do it yourself?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

never thought id see some nachos and immediately feel a crushing sense of sadness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

OMFG FURRY posted:

never thought id see some nachos and immediately feel a crushing sense of sadness

Now you know how your nachos feel