Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Truman Peyote posted:

are you saying they aren't legal in Canada? I'm sure they are, I'm constantly inadvertently clicking on 55+ developments when I'm clicking around property in Gibsons.

here in BC we specifically carve out age restrictions on housing from human rights discrimination law. that applies to children too. you can get pregnant and have to move if your building doesn’t allow kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

I will wfh for the rest of my life as long as I am in tech. I'll come in every other Thursday for a free lunch and 3 coffee breaks, but I'm done with offices forever.

Anyways i got 3.5 years left on my foreclosure credit hit before I can get a mortgage, so i gotta buy something cash if I do buy something. i'm at 6 figgies in the bank but not at the 6.5 level (by the yospos definition of 6.5) but we're just livin cheap and puttin cash back. eventually i will have enough to either buy a small cabin or purchase citizenship in some also-ran Caribbean nation and call it good

lol if you don’t have $150,000 in the bank

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

yippee cahier posted:

here in BC we specifically carve out age restrictions on housing from human rights discrimination law. that applies to children too. you can get pregnant and have to move if your building doesn’t allow kids.

ontario human rights code allows for age 65+ buildings. we have 55+ buildings here that are actually illegal but afaik nobody has bothered to challenge them in court so they exist in a legal gray area

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
grotesquerie:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1375231966304428046?s=20

https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-representative-arrested-after-governor-signs-elections-bill/OTVKYHMIYBHRBOVYY5M6HRIVYI/

over what is being called jim crow 2.0:

https://www.ajc.com/politics/bill-changing-georgia-voting-rules-passes-state-house/EY2MATS6SRA77HTOBVEMTJLIT4/

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the republican cheating apparatus was shown to have some vulnerabilities, so they're patching it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

carry on then posted:

the republican cheating apparatus was shown to have some vulnerabilities, so they're patching it

that is exactly what this is.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

carry on then posted:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

That’s just a pilot program for nationwide deployment, they’re testing the waters for how being an open apartheid state will be received (again).

That the Dems haven’t gotten rid of the senate filibuster and passed a voter rights act yet says they’re 100% fine with it.

Matt Taibbi is a bit of a crank but he was 100% about one thing in his 2016 postmortem - in the post civil rights era there was an effort made to see all Americans as Americans first and black, Muslim, whatever second. That is dead as gently caress in the post-2016 era and we’re absolutely going back to the pre-1964 status quo because the revanchists are in charge and there is no will among elected officials to oppose them.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

very cool

Apr 7, 2003

Joe Biden could deschedule marijuana today if he wanted to. He hasn't yet.

The Democrats could nuke the filibuster and push a new voter's rights act through congress today if they wanted to. They won't.

You can only assume from their actions that they're fine with the Republican status quo.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The Democrats could nuke the filibuster and push a new voter's rights act through congress today if they wanted to. They won't.

You can only assume from their actions that they're fine with the Republican status quo.

it’s fun to think they actively want to lose but the sad answer is that they think this is winning

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
anyways look at this diseased island

https://twitter.com/timfarron/status/1375104074320912385

Apr 7, 2003

The English language causes brain damage

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

i—uh...

what?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i was walking down plaza road in ih highland ranch and they were advertising new construction. for 750k you can get a condo with an amazing view of 470 and some mystery federal government lab with a lot of ominous signs on the fence

fart simpson posted:

lol if you don’t have $150,000 in the bank

i did then i bought a house what a loving self own on my part

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

jerry go knock this nerd down and take his milk

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

8 democratic senators voted no on setting the min wage to $15 lol.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AnimeIsTrash posted:

8 democratic senators voted no on setting the min wage to $15 lol.

on a meaningless vote that would fail regardless. they couldn't even performatively say they support $15.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

eight "progressive" senators when given the chance to say "we want to help poor people" while not actually doing anything to help them decided they would rather dramatically say "gently caress the poor."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Dems are captured opposition for the most part. They have had many opportunities to actually do something meaningful and they always compromise with themselves before they even get started.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

omg you misogynist

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
nothing will fundamentally change

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mediaphage posted:

omg you misogynist

i know, right? since krysten is lbgt and a woman she cannot be criticized.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Roosevelt posted:

jerry go knock this nerd down and take his milk

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It really owns she did it in the most let them eat cake fashion when she absolutely didn't have to.

Apr 7, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It really owns she did it in the most let them eat cake fashion when she absolutely didn't have to.

She made her political bones as a political progressive who pushed for representation for underserved communities and a living wage lmao

Good to know you can transform from the best of intentions to a sewer monster in 7 years

Apr 7, 2003

If I were from Arizona and involved in canvassing for or supporting this woman prior to her Senate run I'd have shot myself in the face by now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

She made her political bones as a political progressive who pushed for representation for underserved communities and a living wage lmao

Good to know you can transform from the best of intentions to a sewer monster in 7 years

she claimed to support that, but she never actually endorsed any bill or anything that would have increased az min wage until after it was signed into law.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

AOC is racing to beat her record so you ain't seen nothing yet

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i'm gonna reform the establishment give me your money

oh whoops i'm the establishment (ty for the money)

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Broken Machine posted:

i'm gonna reform the establishment give me your money

oh whoops i'm the establishment (ty for the money)

They re-formed the establishment I don't see the problem.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Roosevelt posted:

oof that's pretty bad

yeah and im a fairly good looking, cis, straight passing, young white guy

how loving poo poo is it for everyone else then

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AOCIA

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/kevinmkruse/status/1375494869007880195?s=21

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

matti posted:

yeah and im a fairly good looking, cis, straight passing, young white guy

how loving poo poo is it for everyone else then

You already know the answer to that.

There's a reason I can say "ACAB" without any problems even if they're more constrained than the American ones. And if the pearl clutchers start whining, I've got stories and voices for the stories, and ones a lot closer to them than they ever like to admit.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

taco_fox posted:

AOC is racing to beat her record so you ain't seen nothing yet

yeaaa she just gave an interview where she calls leftists who criticize biden and the democrats bad faith actors

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

herp a derp!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

democrats loving suck rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

democrats loving suck rear end.