Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
An aerodeck is a dream but they kind of don’t make sense? Like my entire yard full of JDM vehicles. The aero accord (which I haven’t seen one in quite a while at auction) is still just an accord, which I’m a fan of.

I have a Daihatsu Mira selling today that will probably be way under $10k which is a shame

Honda Today/ Toyota Starlet / Nissan Pulsar (not the GTI obviously) and many others can be had super reasonably. Heck I’m excited about a 24k mile manual 4 door Suzuki Alto (hatch) that’s coming this week.

The old more fun to drive a small/underpowered car fast than a fast car slow. I love the little hatches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Waiting to be vaxxed right now, can’t wait to get my 5G implant.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also I just want to see this fuckin NOBODY flick but it won't be streaming for a month and there's no way I'm ever going back to a dirty rear end theater.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Just got my 5G implant!!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

Getting vaxxed on Saturday!

Isn't it a relief to not have to worry about the chuds who won't do so, AND won't wear a mask properly (if at all)?

Rhyno posted:

Also I just want to see this fuckin NOBODY flick but it won't be streaming for a month and there's no way I'm ever going back to a dirty rear end theater.

The couple of times I've gone to the theater during this bullshit, they've been really good with handling it. One was Alamo Drafthouse, who are pretty fastidious and quality to start with. We ended up being 2 out of 6 people in the theater to see Bill and Ted. The other was a Cinemark with the power recliners and reserved seating, which makes it easy to make sure they are clean (leatherette) and space everyone out. That said, I literally have only gone out to see a movie twice in the last year, for reasons that should be obvious.
Vaccinated now, so will be going out to see Lizard v Monkey, because it (should) deserve a big screen/big sound.

I'd like to see Nobody myself.

Darchangel posted:

edit:

If it actually worked like an internal mobile phone, I'd get it for certain, if I hadn't already.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 29, 2021

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

quote != edit.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Darchangel posted:

Isn't it a relief to not have to worry about the chuds who won't do so, AND won't wear a mask properly (if at all)?

The couple of times I've gone to the theater during this bullshit, they've been really good with handling it. One was Alamo Drafthouse, who are pretty fastidious and quality to start with. We ended up being 2 out of 6 people in the theater to see Bill and Ted. The other was a Cinemark with the power recliners and reserved seating, which makes it easy to make sure they are clean (leatherette) and space everyone out. That said, I literally have only gone out to see a movie twice in the last year, for reasons that should be obvious.
Vaccinated now, so will be going out to see Lizard v Monkey, because it (should) deserve a big screen/big sound.

I'd like to see Nobody myself.

Until all of the psychopathic idiots cause enough mutations that none of the vaccines are sufficiently effective against the variants.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Rhyno posted:

fukken same. My vaccination will be in full effect on May 1st, after that i might feel OK going to a Drafthouse here in SF.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

Agreed, and next time I travel, I’m packing one of the wife’s toys even if she’s not traveling with me.

:nws: but loving hilarious https://imgur.com/gallery/SejJh5p (especially the screener's face)

64bit_Dophins posted:

I really want to buy a honda accord aerodeck.

Is it worth it?

gently caress YES.

It's basically an 86-89 Accord LXi mechanically, so parts are a bit hard to come by, but goddamn do they look amazing. :gizz:

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Waiting to be vaxxed right now, can’t wait to get my 5G implant.

I don't know about you, but my 5G reception is AMAZING now!

okay fine I JUST got my first 5G phone, speeds still awesome and beat the poo poo out of my 300/10 Spectrum plan

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 29, 2021

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

STR posted:

I don't know about you, but my 5G reception is AMAZING now!

okay fine I JUST got my first 5G phone, speeds still awesome and beat the poo poo out of my 300/10 Spectrum plan

I'm half tempted to switch to T-Mobile home internet since their tower is LoS from my house and I loving despise Charter Spectrum, the only other high-speed internet provider available to me

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Godzilla07 posted:

I'm half tempted to switch to T-Mobile home internet since their tower is LoS from my house and I loving despise Charter Spectrum, the only other high-speed internet provider available to me

I use my phone for all my internet, hot spot at home. I've got unlimited data for $75 a month and I've been really happy with it. Hotspot can't replace landline speed so you can't watch video on a TV but I just watch everything on my phone hooked up to my hi-fi with Bluetooth and it sounds amazing. If their landline is as good as mobile you will be happy with it. I get data warnings near the end of the month all the time but it has never been throttled.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Covid vaccine is synthesized from Bill Gates’ jizz.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Give me the jizz then plz

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

no

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Some of us really like jizz. :v:

So I put in a refill for my beta blocker... nearly a week ago. I ran out Saturday. I'm shaking like I have Parkinson's right now.

Doctor's office finally called. Then hung up when I picked up. Spent nearly 2 loving hours on hold trying to call back. "Oh, your doctor wants to see you". Can he at least give me a few days worth to tide me over? "lol no"

First available appointment is on Thursday. Fucker approved my klonopin a few days ago, why is he refusing a beta blocker? My blood pressure is going to be sky loving high, and I already look like Michael J Fox at this point. I got sent home from work early because I was shaking so bad, and they want a doctor's note showing I'm back on beta blockers, and a FULL loving physical, before I can use even a hand-powered pallet jack.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

:smith:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Holy poo poo they’re running Cup cars on dirt at Bristol.

Getting my Crown Vic inspected so I can get the registration renewed by the end of the month, and they e got it up on the TVs on the waiting room.

There’s also a very clean, mostly stock ‘72 Cutlass Supreme in getting an oil change or something, and it sounded very good. I miss driving my ‘70 coupe.

Edit: they’re pitching the rear end out and everything. This is way more interesting than a standard NASCAR race. It’s slower, but they’ve got to manhandle the cars more. Some overheating just a few laps in. Dirt in the radiators? Not enough airflow from the lower speeds?

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 29, 2021

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dirt in the radiators. This is turning into a cluster gently caress, the race was supposed to be Saturday but rain messed it all up big time. Shoulda just used a dirt track instead of putting dirt on a paved track

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

everdave posted:

An aerodeck is a dream but they kind of don’t make sense? Like my entire yard full of JDM vehicles. The aero accord (which I haven’t seen one in quite a while at auction) is still just an accord, which I’m a fan of.

I have a Daihatsu Mira selling today that will probably be way under $10k which is a shame

Honda Today/ Toyota Starlet / Nissan Pulsar (not the GTI obviously) and many others can be had super reasonably. Heck I’m excited about a 24k mile manual 4 door Suzuki Alto (hatch) that’s coming this week.

The old more fun to drive a small/underpowered car fast than a fast car slow. I love the little hatches.

Just filled out even more space in my "cool car one day" firefox bookmark folder lol

Thank you for the recs.

STR posted:

gently caress YES.

It's basically an 86-89 Accord LXi mechanically, so parts are a bit hard to come by, but goddamn do they look amazing. :gizz:

That's my favorite generation of Honda Accord so if it drives like that then I'm pretty much sold.

Hopefully I can fail upwards with my cryptocurrency portfolio and get some extra dough lol

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I think I might get whiplash from this weather.

Why yes, it's 66°F outside and we have a blowing snow advisory.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Hooooly poo poo. I went down to my MIL’s to jump, go replace the battery on, and borrow my late FIL’s truck for the week. She has been planning to trade it in along with her other car, and I just casually mentioned to her that it would be a shame to let it go.

Later that afternoon as I was driving around doing errands, I called my wife and made my case for buying it off of her mom. Well, today they all went to the zoo (all vaccinated, hell yeah) with the kids and talked about it. As it turns out, my MIL is happy to just give it to us, so now I have a free truck.

2010 Ranger XLT, 151k with a good chunk of them highway, and it is in absolutely mint condition with a bed cover. :hellyeah:

Here it is next to my boss’ F350 a couple of years ago.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Bajaha posted:

We're finna do the same in Denver, but more mild. High of 68 today, down to a low of 23 tomorrow with a chance of snow. Back up to 60s by Thursday!

Love talking about the weather I think it's cool.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I officially submitted for vacation today. First time ever “officially” since we were acquired by J&J years ago. Two weeks in summer, planning a road trip with my older son. I put the bug in my boss’s ear this morning and he just said “make sure it’s official”.

I have four weeks per year and I’ve never taken more than one even before the corporate change, but I plan on using it all this year. Feels fuckin’ great to even try.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Bajaha posted:

Power raked my lawn Saturday, my southern half of the province was burning down via prairie fires yet again whipped by 140kph winds yesterday, and now today it was a good drat blizzard.

It's spring!

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

devmd01 posted:

Hooooly poo poo. I went down to my MIL’s to jump, go replace the battery on, and borrow my late FIL’s truck for the week. She has been planning to trade it in along with her other car, and I just casually mentioned to her that it would be a shame to let it go.

Later that afternoon as I was driving around doing errands, I called my wife and made my case for buying it off of her mom. Well, today they all went to the zoo (all vaccinated, hell yeah) with the kids and talked about it. As it turns out, my MIL is happy to just give it to us, so now I have a free truck.

2010 Ranger XLT, 151k with a good chunk of them highway, and it is in absolutely mint condition with a bed cover. :hellyeah:

Here it is next to my boss’ F350 a couple of years ago.

This means you are obligated to use the money you would have spent purchasing the truck making your free truck a fully sick minitruck

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I officially submitted for vacation today. First time ever “officially” since we were acquired by J&J years ago. Two weeks in summer, planning a road trip with my older son. I put the bug in my boss’s ear this morning and he just said “make sure it’s official”.

I have four weeks per year and I’ve never taken more than one even before the corporate change, but I plan on using it all this year. Feels fuckin’ great to even try.

That sounds like a really cool way to spend your first real vacation in a while, I bet your son will love it.

I think when all of my terrible life stuff comes to an end and I start to feel some sense of closure I’m gonna dump all the critters off at my parents and ask my friend and his girlfriend if they want to go camping (real camping!) somewhere for like a week or some poo poo.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

big dong wanter posted:

This means you are obligated to use the money you would have spent purchasing the truck making your free truck a fully sick minitruck

:hmmyes:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

StormDrain posted:

Love talking about the weather I think it's cool.

:dadjoke:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

what a great little truck and a nice MIL to boot!

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Awesome plan dude. My Dad and I went out west for two weeks before I went off to grad school, and it was great. We did national parks and camping, and it was amazing. I still love the photos I took on that trip - Nikon and slide film, though that's a bit passe now.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Alarbus posted:

Awesome plan dude. My Dad and I went out west for two weeks before I went off to grad school, and it was great. We did national parks and camping, and it was amazing. I still love the photos I took on that trip - Nikon and slide film, though that's a bit passe now.

20 years ago my best friend and I did 9,000 miles in three weeks in my ‘96 Mustang GT, and that was my favorite road trip I’ve taken. This is an anniversary tribute but probably with a slightly different itinerary so we can hit Tail of the Dragon and then head west on I-40. We also want to see some of the same parks as last time with some ones I missed in ‘01. Last time we went straight west on I-80 until Colorado and then wandered around. We also went all the way to California and up the west coast, but i think Utah Woll be the limit this time. I requested 16 days off work so hopefully that’s enough.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Because of Corona I actually haven't had the chance to take my new Corolla on a road trip.

Ever since I bought it the thing has only seen city driving.

Driving down to Austin in a few months should be a good time though. Pretty crazy that the cruise control pretty much does everything for you.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

64bit_Dophins posted:

Driving down to Austin in a few months should be a good time though. Pretty crazy that the cruise control pretty much does everything for you.

You gonna drive straight through, or do it over a couple of days?

That's a pretty decent drive (~950 miles from ATL to AUS), though you can shave about 30 miles off by going through DFW (doesn't save any time tho.. I-30 can eat a bag of dicks).

64bit_Dophins posted:

That's my favorite generation of Honda Accord so if it drives like that then I'm pretty much sold.

Hopefully I can fail upwards with my cryptocurrency portfolio and get some extra dough lol

3geez for life. Owned an 88 LXi sedan, and an 88 DX coupe. Loved both of them, even though the DX was a basketcase. The LXi loving scooted for what it was.

And the parts that are hard to find are mainly cosmetic - particularly the bushings for the popup headlights. Also headlight motors. Mechanical stuff is still somewhat stocked by parts stores (I would think the throttle and clutch cables will be kinda hard to find by now tho). Even the junkyards in Austin don't have any of them anymore, but Honda Heaven is only a few hours away (Arlington, south of Ft Worth).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
CONTEXT
we were having a stupid discussion in the break room about how a town north of here is having a fuckin Klan meeting.

So this shithead I've never much liked just referred to the KKK as "the movement." That's a red flag. I just have to figure out if being a white supremacist is reportable to HR

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Well it is a movement, in the bowel meaning of the term.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

STR posted:

You gonna drive straight through, or do it over a couple of days?

That's a pretty decent drive (~950 miles from ATL to AUS), though you can shave about 30 miles off by going through DFW (doesn't save any time tho.. I-30 can eat a bag of dicks).

3geez for life. Owned an 88 LXi sedan, and an 88 DX coupe. Loved both of them, even though the DX was a basketcase. The LXi loving scooted for what it was.

And the parts that are hard to find are mainly cosmetic - particularly the bushings for the popup headlights. Also headlight motors. Mechanical stuff is still somewhat stocked by parts stores (I would think the throttle and clutch cables will be kinda hard to find by now tho). Even the junkyards in Austin don't have any of them anymore, but Honda Heaven is only a few hours away (Arlington, south of Ft Worth).

I was planning on doing a 2 day trip. It's a 14 hour drive more or less according to google maps which is exactly the same distance my drive from Atlanta to Binghamton NY was when I was in college. I used to drive back and and forth via i85/i81 and I'd stop for the night in Roanoke VA as a kind of midpoint.

I don't really know where I would feel comfortable stopping on the way to Texas though. Mississippi and North Louisiana suck... lol

Rhyno posted:

CONTEXT
we were having a stupid discussion in the break room about how a town north of here is having a fuckin Klan meeting.

So this shithead I've never much liked just referred to the KKK as "the movement." That's a red flag. I just have to figure out if being a white supremacist is reportable to HR

I would imagine after trump there are more of these kinds of people but being related to some of them I have to say (and this probably changed again because of the alt-right stuff in recent years) but I remember as a kid I figured it was just a handful of sad old redneck men that really just needed to take their BP meds and get a hobby.

Kind of weird that it's even a thing. I remember hearing that there was a klan presence in upstate NY when I was living up there? I heard that and I remember thinking like bro just move to Kentucky what are you doing?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Alright I've had enough, I need to get fit. Do we have an AI keep get fit thread?

E: found it

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Mar 30, 2021

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

You mean you are not swole from bench pressing rear axle housings?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

No I only own fwd cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I've been getting in daily reps of pushing this 50 pound box around for the last few weeks. Inside the box is an exercise bike still waiting to be assembled.