Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

PNC park is nice, but make sure to spend the extra money so you don't have to sit on the top floor, which is only accessible by an extremely long concrete spiral staircase and only serves bud light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Baseball is meant to be played outside and the way every ballpark is turning into a hockey arena is wild to me

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Joementum posted:

PNC park is nice, but make sure to spend the extra money so you don't have to sit on the top floor, which is only accessible by an extremely long concrete spiral staircase and only serves bud light

Bud Light is a fate worse than being in Pittsburgh.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Marlins Park was the best but then Jeter got rid of the dinger machine

SHM is correct

Apr 7, 2003

Joementum posted:

There are escalators up to the second deck and a nice beer bar up there now, I had season tickets on the upper level at the first base line because it was better for watching baseball than the lower level.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Marlins Park was the best but then Jeter got rid of the dinger machine

cowards not naming it donger smdh

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Yeaaaah fenway green monstah best seats in baseball too bad the sox suck this year

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

you want it all, but you cant have it

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Dustcat posted:

he was a funny guy but a poor negotiator

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/1379419440018767878

:yeah:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMyYgw_94LM

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

you want it all, but you cant have it

:yooge: it's a pussy but i can't grab it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

Flavius Aetass posted:

it's a glass barn with a town-sized parking lot

pretty good dexcription of dfw

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1379189546915672065?s=21

One of my friends scolded me for eating at a table alone at reading terminal market last week, I feel like that wasn’t justified

As always, the replies justify the destruction of america

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how much would that apartment be today. IIRC its on a nice street in the upper west side like 2 blocks from central park.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

Flavius Aetass posted:

:yooge: it's a pussy but i can't grab it

get it out of your face then

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
https://twitter.com/paleofuture/status/1379420312152862726?s=19

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:rip: the Astrodome the GOAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9SodoCNiIE

Apr 7, 2003

Flavius Aetass posted:

it's a glass barn with a town-sized parking lot

I never got just how obsessed America is with cars until I went to DFW

Everyone expects to go portal-to-portal from one air conditioned space to another and stepping outdoors is absolutely beneath people, it's incredible.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I never got just how obsessed America is with cars until I went to DFW

Everyone expects to go portal-to-portal from one air conditioned space to another and stepping outdoors is absolutely beneath people, it's incredible.

did you step outdoors in the summer?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Imagine risking your life and ultimately dieing so you could watch a baseball game in person

incredible

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
By the way the new runner on second in extra innings rule ruins baseball forever when what needs to happen is a loving pitch clock.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jake Arrietas favorite stadium

Apr 7, 2003

Flavius Aetass posted:

did you step outdoors in the summer?

Yeah, I was working outdoors at the time, granted this was 1998 so maybe it wasn't as hellish yet

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Imagine risking your life and ultimately dieing so you could watch a baseball game in person

incredible

IT's just the flu bro

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

euphronius posted:

how much would that apartment be today. IIRC its on a nice street in the upper west side like 2 blocks from central park.

Zillow shows ~2,300/mo for one bedrooms near Broadway and 112th (the location of the diner)

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the best stadium is my living room because I can get up and go to the kitchen for food and beer

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

libs were pretty explicit in saying this is what they wanted out of biden :shrug:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hope covid body slams his lungs

Apr 7, 2003

Mustached Demon posted:

Jake Arrietas favorite stadium

Jake's a giant chud

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

By the way the new runner on second in extra innings rule ruins baseball forever when what needs to happen is a loving pitch clock.

A pitch clock wouldn't do jack poo poo, there is no vast force of fans waiting to get into the game until they're 8 minutes shorter

The obsession with game length is 100% about jamming more commercials into broadcasts and getting results out quicker for gambling. That's it.

Apr 7, 2003

The sporting press is loving *obsessed* with making games shorter and increasing offense

neither will increase the popularity of the sport. you either like baseball or you don't.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

jose CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Yeah, I was working outdoors at the time, granted this was 1998 so maybe it wasn't as hellish yet

After living for nearly a decade in Kansas I learned that once the temperature hits 100, it doesn't matter how dry or humid it is, it's just hot.

Also from Kansas, temperatures below 10 degrees are just cold.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

ArmZ posted:

libs were pretty explicit in saying this is what they wanted out of biden :shrug:

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

incredible

who wouldn't risk their life for a good nap

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The obsession with game length is 100% about jamming more commercials into broadcasts and getting results out quicker for gambling. That's it.

My obsession with game length is that I want to go to bed at night

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JAVdottxt/status/1379423220936413187?s=19

Apr 7, 2003

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

My obsession with game length is that I want to go to bed at night

They moved the night games back to starting at 6:30, you're good.

The hooting and hollering from sportswriters and "fans" about how we need less baseball is loving dumb, starting to think they aren't really fans at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRwveaw1oK0