Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Voice of Labor posted:

the mid 90's kid furries who can only lust after blocky polygonal anthropomorphic cartoon animals

and Gadget

edit: just realized how many children were warped by crazy loving Conker BFD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

the mid 90's kid furries who can only lust after blocky polygonal anthropomorphic cartoon animals

i'm pretty sure it was cereal box mascots that did it judging by the art style

tony the tiger you son of a bitch. "theeeeeeyyyyyyyy'rrree broken!"

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

theyre called sonic fans

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i was pleasantly surprised by mk. best fighting game movie treatment ever (excepting o/c dead or alive)

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
been playing a lot of project zomboid lately, a yearly scratch I always itch

longest run yet, survived for about 2 months, killed about 2K zombies, stashed a bunch of food and got a generator going since the power went out a few weeks ago. currently hauling wood in a truck, mad max style, from a lumber company across the map to build my base in an old radio station. swerved to dodge a horde and got stuck in the gravel because the truck weighed too much, bailed in time to survive, but now I'm in the middle of nowhere being chased by a horde

game good

BULBASAUR has issued a correction as of 00:17 on Apr 26, 2021

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i was pleasantly surprised by mk. best fighting game movie treatment ever (excepting o/c dead or alive)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faw56WrC9nA

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Shear Modulus posted:

the captain toad levels in 3d world are some weak poo poo after playing through all of treasure tracker already

Yeah Treasure Tracker is great and it’s first level already has more depth than any of the Captain Toad levels in 3D World.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

horny? in your videogames?

its more likely than you think!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

horny? in your videogames?

its more likely than you think!

there's nothing horny about these anime tiddies in my video games

they're ~art~

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anime games are too generic, I need something more original like a dad with iffy morals in a post apocalypse setting protecting his daughter.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I ordered that game 13 Sentinels today

it’s anime but it’s the Dragon’s Crown devs I guess , so I’ll play that garbage

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
In the 90s-00s all the video games were about kicking rear end and being a cool young dude, and in the 2010-2020s it's all about being a badass gruff dad.

what's it gonna be in the 2030s-2040s.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
depressed twink

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Gobblecoque posted:

depressed twink

9S truly ahead of his time

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the mario 3d world experience is thinking "drat this level or this star is actually hard i guess i have to switch from luigi to toad"

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
2030s game covers are gonna be exactly the same as 80s pulp scifi covers but the protagonist is the bodacious babe, not the muscle bound bro

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I think the next evolution for games is going to be following in DE's footsteps and figuring out a new system for conflict without violence.
Even poo poo like Pacman/Dig Dug/Mario all have violence as an inherent part of the essence of the game.

DE is pure like Tetris is pure.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Plank Walker posted:

2030s game covers are gonna be exactly the same as 80s pulp scifi covers but the protagonist is the bodacious babe, not the muscle bound bro

That sounds rad as poo poo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

CredulousAtBest posted:

oh hey Hand of Fate 2 is free on epic.

liked the first one so yoink

HoF2 is quite good. They made a lot of good QoL improvemetns (combat, rerolling, some other things) but also personally added a little too much questy/cheevo stuff with cards that have their own cheevos and too many tokeny stuff and I felt a little overwhelmed with insane amount of choices when deck/item building. but still extremely good game

shame the developer closed up shop about a year or two back, they really had some talent punching above their weight there

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I ordered that game 13 Sentinels today

it’s anime but it’s the Dragon’s Crown devs I guess , so I’ll play that garbage

people really like the story in 13 sentinels. i hope it comes out on the pc one day

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

isn't 13 sentinels the strategy adjacent game that also goes all weirdo sex-perv evangelion style and makes the teenagers have to pilot their mechs naked for reasons

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Casey Finnigan posted:

In the 90s-00s all the video games were about kicking rear end and being a cool young dude, and in the 2010-2020s it's all about being a badass gruff dad.

Disgruntled mid 50 year old veteran hero, spouting exposition to himself about how the business he gave his youth to has lost it's way while also fighting against the 90s-00s cool young dude who is exactly the same but now the villain.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

Casey Finnigan posted:

Coincidentally all the young dudes who played those games are now dads so the wave of the future probably looks like Old Snake from mgs4

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

hyperspace outlaw seems pretty dang cool so far. if you're gonna make a game about being an internet cop, busting a bunch of drawings made by first graders for copyright violation is a pretty strong start

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Jazerus posted:

if your brain is broken in exactly the ways goon brains are broken, you will never find a game that speaks to you more

for better or for worse

do you have to have been a homeschooled christian kid for the 100% effect?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

badass gruff dad has to learn to accept middle age as his children go to university

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

kratos meets his sons new girlfriend

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Farm Frenzy posted:

kratos meets his sons new girlfriend

his sun comes out as freyja

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

do you have to have been a homeschooled christian kid for the 100% effect?

idk depends on how much internet access you had as a homeschooled christian kid

definitely a good idea to have had a couple of friends with really religious parents tho

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Enter the Gungeon is charming, but I feel like some of the references are too on the nose.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
lol the ultra lib quest in DE adds a new thing to the UI

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back
jfc sots the pit is bad, loot is crap so the best way to stretch your decent starter gear is to take it all off and spend the early game naked punching everything

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
liu kang leg sweeping kano over and over and kano not knowing how to prevent it was very mortal kombaty

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

whaley posted:

liu kang leg sweeping kano over and over and kano not knowing how to prevent it was very mortal kombaty

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Crazypoops posted:

I have a big box of bulk Amazon basics mice because I'm tired of paying $100 for something that lasts a month

Maybe you should stop smashing them every time you play Apex and die early

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

you ever have those times when you forget a game song you heard recently but can feel it somewhere in your dumbass brain, and you spend like an hour wrenching it up from the memory-swamp

just did that

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

lol the ultra lib quest in DE adds a new thing to the UI

can you see ultra rich light bending guy now

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Casey Finnigan posted:

I’ve said it before, but “estranged dad who doesn’t understand why his kids hate him” is gonna be the trend eventually.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I’ve said it before, but “estranged dad who doesn’t understand why his kids hate him” is gonna be the trend eventually.
That's a huge part of Metal Gear

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Anime games are too generic, I need something more original like a dad with iffy morals in a post apocalypse setting protecting his daughter.
Bring back Dad Nier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

isn't 13 sentinels the strategy adjacent game that also goes all weirdo sex-perv evangelion style and makes the teenagers have to pilot their mechs naked for reasons

Sure sounds like an anime game