Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

they made it too

I am legally required to disclose that I am in no way affiliated with Bitcoin and Friends, Biitcoin and Pals, Bcash and Mates, Bitcoin Gold and Acquaintances or other derivatives thereof. No joinder exists between me and the person and/or incorporated entity of Satoshi Nakamoto (SATOSHI NAKAMOTO).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Paladinus posted:

You can't prove it, unless you watch it yourself.

i'm okay taking your word for it

Boxturret posted:

they made it too

:hmmyes:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Paladinus posted:

I am legally required to disclose that I am in no way affiliated with Bitcoin and Friends, Biitcoin and Pals, Bcash and Mates, Bitcoin Gold and Acquaintances or other derivatives thereof. No joinder exists between me and the person and/or incorporated entity of Satoshi Nakamoto (SATOSHI NAKAMOTO).

are you legally a boat?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

The latest POS buzz for Ethereum is more 6 months away every 6 months stuff right? Or are the idiots actually going to go with the naked Rich Get Richer as the underpinning for their "currency" this time? Yes, add more deflation, this will fix everything.

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

Domain names are NFTs now?

https://opensea.io/assets/0x57f1887...522224617519478

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

The latest POS buzz for Ethereum is more 6 months away every 6 months stuff right? Or are the idiots actually going to go with the naked Rich Get Richer as the underpinning for their "currency" this time? Yes, add more deflation, this will fix everything.

no ethereum has been a POS since it was first made

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Shame Boy posted:

no ethereum has been a POS since it was first made

wow really? they've all been great? amazing

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1388290167971225607

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

admittedly "rich idiots setting fire to something actually valuable and irreplaceable for no good reason" is a pretty apt description

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
someone on local reddit came in to ask about helium mining

and someone else responded

rando posted:

I'm 600k in doge, my husband doesn't want me to invest any more crypto but I'm intrigued... I have 2 idle raspberry pie computers too.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

mediaphage posted:

someone on local reddit came in to ask about helium mining

:cb:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Yo what dis from

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Alan Smithee posted:

Yo what dis from

Disco Elysium. You should buy it and play because it is super duper good and cool. No exaggeration.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Seconded, game is incredibly good.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Genetics Pioneer George Church to Auction His Genome as an NFT

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol please let me meet one of these people tripping w a blockchain book and explain the environmental damage and watch the have an episode

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
can someone please post the kelly poo poo COIN edit where everyone has an rear end for a face. please i need to see it

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

decided to check in on beeple and well

https://niftygateway.com/itemdetail/secondary/0xdd012153e008346591153fff28b0dd6724f0c256/100050031

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

steve aoki lol

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Hammerite posted:

can someone please post the kelly poo poo COIN edit where everyone has an rear end for a face. please i need to see it

also i found this one

adn a bunch of other edited cartoons from the mid 2010s

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
fffffffff

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

$55420.69

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=598b717d06cab927&tk=1f4obeaiv3oav000&from=serp&vjs=3

Kraken is hiring.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

killhamster posted:

also i found this one

adn a bunch of other edited cartoons from the mid 2010s

yessssss :yeah: :nice: :stoked:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1388478524068175874

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's a small hat.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

":gerard: posted:

Hotbit is down for temporary unscheduled rugpulling
The Hotbit crypto exchange is based in Shanghai and Taipei. It’s a Tether exchange with literally hundreds of trading pairs — the sort of exchange that never saw a minor altcoin it didn’t like.

Hotbit was suddenly taken down for maintenance at 01:03 UTC 30 April “in order to optimize server performance,” with a promise to be up by 10:00 UTC. [Twitter]

At 10:40 UTC, Hotbit announced: “Hotbit just suffered a serious cyber attack starting around 08:00 PM UTC, April 29, 2021, which led to the paralyzation of a number of some basic services.” — that is, five hours before the “maintenance.” [Hotbit]

Hotbit says the attacker failed to steal the cryptos — but, in a fit of pique, deleted the user database. They are now rebuilding all servers from the ground up, and expect to be back in a week or two.

LibreHash goes through the announcement, and concludes Hotbit are full of it, are likely completely screwed, and are unlikely to come back. [LibreHash]

starting now

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Don't send incident response; send a poet.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i want to know how many bitcoin exchanges got hacked after that guy said that no bitcoin exchanges would get hacked, it's possibly in the third digits

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hammerite posted:

starting now

quote:

Hotbit says the attacker failed to steal the cryptos — but, in a fit of pique, deleted the user database. They are now rebuilding all servers from the ground up, and expect to be back in a week or two.

"We don't like the word haircut because that's communism so uh, we're just gonna average out everyone's balance and call it a day?"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

contact us to tell us what your balance was, we'll be using the honour system here so please don't lie

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
time to penis: applies to both user created content and buttcoin exchanges

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The soviet union version of the hobbit with tsar bombadil

part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vquKyNdgH3s

part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLevCLNnLmg

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

so many obvious lols here but the big one for me is “if we call billionaires something else, there are no longer any billionaires qed”

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Remember that time that a chinese exchanged was getting looked at by the government for all the money they were dealing with so they publicly declared that they were going to move the decimal point over a few places to hide it?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

source you are quotes op

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I just want everyone to know that I bought doge, sold to make back whatever I bought it for, and now I'm just sitting here watching this number.
So my question is when do I sell? At $0.99?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

nvrgrls posted:

I just want everyone to know that I bought doge, sold to make back whatever I bought it for, and now I'm just sitting here watching this number.
So my question is when do I sell? At $0.99?

congrats on buying the rapecoin :)