Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

lunch all liars

Ok I don't dislike you, I'm sorry I lied :(

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ilmucche posted:

Ok I don't dislike you, I'm sorry I lied :(

##unvote

Someone shoot this sick filth

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Solus already fired their shot today.

.random
May 7, 2007

But about that 20% chance to kill a random player (see what I did there) who is statistically more likely to be town than not...

What’s up with that?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

I’d bet anything one of the 1,1s are scum. I’m the only one that went mason. Grandi’s “I have another plan” seems kinda innocent but also feels way too serious for town Grandi. Merk is null because I don’t think he’d ever pick mason.

Toal’s a little sus for saying it and then not following through.

When you find out what I did for my role all will become clear. Is the masonry rockin? I don't need to know who is in it, but I am sad and miss it already.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

mason is honestly pretty good in this setup as long as not everyone who has it claims it, if I thought that anyone else might be thinking about it like dy maybe I would have tried harder to get it

anyways while dy is in some ways after my own heart in other ways I just woke up to day 1 and dy ranting about optimal play feels like it was 90% of what I read and I just, it's too early for this, I need peace, I need peace in this thread

##vote dy

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

We're in a game with no other faction, I'm willing to bet. hehehe.

SolusLunes posted:

god that'd be hilarious

Don't like this interaction at all. Less Toalp, but Solus jumping on it, they are trying to swerve mindset away from town stuff. Sorry 1,1 crew, I have to leave Fry and vote Solus now.

##vote Solus

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

no justice no peace

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dy. and Sand are both more likely than not town in my eyes. Not voting either today.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

To followup, dy is right in that it's suboptimal play to claim and there is a real risk to town to do it. Sandwolf is right in that it doesn't make it scummy even though it is anti town. I think this makes dy town because of the brain break, and Sandwolf town as he went for a mason role as scum, when scum are usually less flippant about "throwing their role away" especially if he could have nabbed a cool role* at pick 6.

Even though mason is the coolest role

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also also, good on this thread, I took a nap and woke up to 72 posts. I love it.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

AT-LOW posted:

mason is honestly pretty good in this setup as long as not everyone who has it claims it, if I thought that anyone else might be thinking about it like dy maybe I would have tried harder to get it

anyways while dy is in some ways after my own heart in other ways I just woke up to day 1 and dy ranting about optimal play feels like it was 90% of what I read and I just, it's too early for this, I need peace, I need peace in this thread

##vote dy

Also ugh sorry I knew it would come off like that and it feels gross but also I am right.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

When you find out what I did for my role all will become clear. Is the masonry rockin? I don't need to know who is in it, but I am sad and miss it already.

it's fuckin' sweet, we've had pet pictures already and now we're all just shooting the poo poo

we only briefly have talked about the game so far, mostly just a great chatroom

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dy. posted:

Also ugh sorry I knew it would come off like that and it feels gross but also I am right.

Nah, dySanX, you're good and right here*. But you need to feel it here**.

*Points to head
**Points to heart

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

it's fuckin' sweet, we've had pet pictures already and now we're all just shooting the poo poo

we only briefly have talked about the game so far, mostly just a great chatroom

Awesome! I'm glad the Grandi-SiV memorial chatroom is off to a good start.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

Awesome! I'm glad the Grandi-SiV memorial chatroom is off to a good start.

nah we renamed it the "Spacing in Vienna Memorial Friendship & Unity Room" because you should only name a masonry after someone who actually picks mason

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Grandicap posted:

Nah, dySanX, you're good and right here*. But you need to feel it here**.

*Points to head
**Points to heart

I think you should kiss right here*

*points to my butt

.random
May 7, 2007

What’s your flavor, Grandi?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

.random posted:

What’s your flavor, Grandi?

My best guess so far is blue raspberry

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

please god no jellybean chat this game

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

nah we renamed it the "Spacing in Vienna Memorial Friendship & Unity Room" because you should only name a masonry after someone who actually picks mason

Fair.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

dy. posted:

It's not too gross and you are objectively correct, lol

It's just that I woke up at 2 pm to a D1 that has been primarily strenuous objections to gameplay moves, and I find myself asking, where is the love?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

AT-LOW posted:

It's not too gross and you are objectively correct, lol

It's just that I woke up at 2 pm to a D1 that has been primarily strenuous objections to gameplay moves, and I find myself asking, where is the love?

The love is in you Alex, it has been all along.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Who cares about Sandwolf or Dy. Gimme those Solus takes.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CCKeane posted:

I think Solus is a perfect example of irresponsible gun ownership. Not only do they own several guns they don't even take care of, as evidenced by the fact that their gun didn't fire properly, but they're willing them to fire them at literally any random person.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Eh I’d vote Solus, yeah

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

dy. posted:

I am also trying to caution the rest of the town to stop claiming.

It is not working.

This reads like a slip. “Rest of the town” implies dy already knows sandwolf’s alignment. Which is town. Meaning dy is scum ##vote dy

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

CCKeane posted:

I think a townie who can't keep it in their pants is equally as likely as a scum pulling a gambit. No alignment read yet for me.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

This reads like a slip. “Rest of the town” implies dy already knows sandwolf’s alignment. Which is town. Meaning dy is scum ##vote dy
Come on I'm using "the town" to mean "all of the players in this game." This is stupid.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dy. posted:

Come on I'm using "the town" to mean "all of the players in this game." This is stupid.

I got the same reading as binus from it but I could give you the benefit of the doubt that it was just bad wording if it weren’t for the fact that these are the cases scum push, cases not based on the person being scum but the person playing “badly.”

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi friends, a lot happening in here

I think I am fine with Solus shooting there, his explanation for the target was meh but not super scummy, I get the joke randomness of it all.

Slightly wary of grandi for trying to make more out of the whole situation than I think was warranted but he was the guy who potentially would have been shot.

Kinda can see that dy. is hiding a bit by talking about play mechanics etc...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

This too a little, but it's not as compelling as bee seems to imply

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hal Insandenza posted:

This too a little, but it's not as compelling as bee seems to imply

Tbh I almost left out the vote but decided to include it to show that when it comes to scum hunting I mean business.

I’m still also suspicious of grandi. Getting some *feels* and I don’t know what to make of them

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

it weren’t for the fact that these are the cases scum push, cases not based on the person being scum but the person playing “badly.”
Stop saying that, that's not why I'm voting you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dy. posted:

The thing that tips you in the directly of scummy for me is your suggestion that the other 1,1's are scum because they didn't pick mason. Softclaiming to pick mason in the pregame and then going for a more powerful role strikes me as a smart town move and not something at all to be suspicious of.

To be fair, I think I do this with you in every game, but it's the best I got right now.

This is why you think I’m scum, allegedly, but obviously no one believes this because I wasn’t even pushing the 1,1s all that seriously. I’m not even voting for any of them and haven’t at any point. It was mostly a joke that you’re forced to take seriously otherwise it’s too obvious you’re pushing someone you know is town!

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Since Sandwolf is so keen to discuss, I would love to hear other takes on this post. This is the post that started it all but I haven't really seen anyone else respond to it. Do you think this is a real thought?

Sandwolf posted:

I’d bet anything one of the 1,1s are scum. I’m the only one that went mason. Grandi’s “I have another plan” seems kinda innocent but also feels way too serious for town Grandi. Merk is null because I don’t think he’d ever pick mason.

Toal’s a little sus for saying it and then not following through.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

This is why you think I’m scum, allegedly, but obviously no one believes this because I wasn’t even pushing the 1,1s all that seriously. I’m not even voting for any of them and haven’t at any point. It was mostly a joke that you’re forced to take seriously otherwise it’s too obvious you’re pushing someone you know is town!
What is mostly a joke? Your 1;1 thing? I didn't read it that way.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dy. posted:

What is mostly a joke? Your 1;1 thing? I didn't read it that way.

The analysis on Grandi/Toal is legit but no, I would not actually “bet anything” that one of the 1,1s is scum. I did think the point otherwise was probative so I shared it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandi/Toal/merk analysis is legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dy. posted:

Since Sandwolf is so keen to discuss, I would love to hear other takes on this post. This is the post that started it all but I haven't really seen anyone else respond to it. Do you think this is a real thought?

A thing that was tenatively floated pre game that only Sandy followed through on is totally a thing he would comment on. This is a real and legit thought from Sandwolf. Betting that at least 1/5 of people are scum is dumb because of how statistics work, but not scummy in the slightest.