Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Solus is the laziest vote going sorry, why would we throw away the ability to effectively lunch two scummy players in one day? If solus doesn’t play along tomorrow then I’m all for lunching them but right now it’s lazy and scummy as hell to jump on this low hanging fruit with this poor reasoning

##vote SNG

It’s not a lazy vote though? I clearly stated how their flip will either put to rest or magnify the issues in literally every other poster ITT. Even if you ignore everything else, *that’s not a bad choice to garner information and help town*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I know you like to get into big slap fights steak but I’m going to have to disappoint as I’m off to bed

i just got excited about scumhunting and you do this to me

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

ObamaAkbar. posted:

So we should just lunch solus without even asking him what he plans to do tomorrow?

Hold on, we have more than a day. I am NOT a deciding vote here, not even close. Where is this pearl clutching coming from OA?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well anyway i drank WAY too much coffee and now i feel lovely and nauseous, so prepare for me to vanish

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sandnavyguy posted:

Hold on, we have more than a day. I am NOT a deciding vote here, not even close. Where is this pearl clutching coming from OA?

Voting someone is a clear expression of you wish to lunch them that day or am I incorrect? I just 100% don’t agree that we should lunch solus today and feel that it’s an easy go to vote for scummy players. That’s my opinion take it or leave it. Goodnight

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Voting someone is a clear expression of you wish to lunch them that day or am I incorrect? I just 100% don’t agree that we should lunch solus today and feel that it’s an easy go to vote for scummy players. That’s my opinion take it or leave it. Goodnight

yours is an equally easy vote, based on almost the exact same level of meta analysis.
just saying

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes its a form of wifom (what else is new?), but "you voted for a low-hanging fruit" is ironically also low-hanging fruit

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I mean, fair opinion you don’t think he’s a good lunch candidate but uh, your first point doesn’t hold at all? I haven’t posted since Friday, I hadn’t even dropped a vote, and as I said I felt the convo had played out as much as I needed for an informed first vote. The next 29 hours is crucial for a response and more info, dropping a vote is not an instantaneous we must vote now without allowing for time or discussion?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

To clarify, Solus didn’t even have half of the votes required to lunch, it would be ridiculous to assume a turbo vote on a dead day of a weekend in the middle of a fairly slow D1

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

OA here is real bad. Need to read the interactions again when I'm not cooking mother's day dinner.

But good news for me, I went from feeling vague and direction less to having a veritable smorgasbord of choices.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I think sandnavyguys post and posting is bad but I think it's wild to call his vote lazy c'mon now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

sandnavyguy posted:

Well. There’s a few things we can glean from this. Grandi is either at least one shot BP or Solus is a faulty Vig. And no one should give Solus a gun from the cabinet lol.

This is a bad post from SNG, earlier in the game.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

CCKeane posted:

This is a bad post from SNG, earlier in the game.

Yes that is lol I readily admitted I’d misread the OP. It’s a bad habit :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes that is lol I readily admitted I’d misread the OP. It’s a bad habit :(

Ah, yeah, the part that's jumping at me isn't the misreading of the role, which is whatever, its that the information you mentioned as being gleamed from the outcome aren't useful to town and feel white noisy.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

CCKeane posted:

Ah, yeah, the part that's jumping at me isn't the misreading of the role, which is whatever, its that the information you mentioned as being gleamed from the outcome aren't useful to town and feel white noisy.

Agreed. I don’t like that post. Though I was trying to offer some insight to discussion, I didn’t see the OP had switched to only 1 vig type, so I thought I was being the first to point out the type of vig and make a joke. As it is, it added nothing and yeah I can’t defend that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also Toal hasn't contributed anything relevant, I keep forgetting their in the game. Their posts feel different than Sal's, idk.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SNG gimme an opinion on OA, me and mucche.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It solus doesn’t say anything more I’d be OK going there. Sal has been a weird nonentity

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

OA is ringing alarm bells from their easy quick succession vote on me with shaky reasoning,

You seem to be doing your normal town poke and ask without being over sharing

And mucche isn’t posting much, a null read for me, their large post read as boilerplate and doesn’t shift the needle for me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Solus not coming back today at all is scummy thinking about it further.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Solus not coming back today at all is scummy thinking about it further.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You can't shoot your shot, not really explain it, and then do nothing the rest of the day. I could see scum buddies telling Solus to stop posting to see where the day goes. That is definitely the smartest move as scum after taking that shot.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah I agree with merk. The fact that he did something null leaning scum and then dropped out looks bad. Obviously not trying to find scum

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

sandnavyguy posted:

Things are beginning to get circular on this point in the thread so I’m gonna drop my ##vote Solus

honestly I think it’s too high a liability to town to allow him to live, while there are benefits to his execution especially on Day 1 with limited information.

The method they are using (RNG) is anti-town at worst null at best, and roles not being indicative of alignment muddies the water even more.

So:

Hip shot=null
If RNG = null leaning scum
Or
If Lying about RNG = scummy

If scum:

Absolute town death D2-3

If town rough 9-11/14 chance town death because of RNG

If he’s lunched and flips town:

We lose a one shot random vig with low impact to overall strategy as an Armorer is possibly present and there is a power role heavy game, the at low connection and concerns over their positive leaning take on Solus is cleared up, and we can put the gambit business to bed with Grandi.

If he’s lunched and flips scum:

They lose a free kill, the arguments and scrutiny of At low and Grandi becomes highlighted, and interactions with nearly every poster can be analyzed as each person has commented on this issue in some fashion, which can’t be said for any other lunch candidate.

In the absence of any big upheavals, I’m happy with my vote.

On a reread, this plan sounds like SNG sat down and came up with it genuinely. I don't agree with it at all, but it seems like a real thing he did rather than scum faking it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote solus

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

SolusLunes (3): CCKeane, Grandicap, Grandicap, Grandicap, sandnavyguy, Grandicap, merk
dy. (2): Sandwolf, AT-LOW, b-minus1, Sandwolf
ObamaAkbar. (2): Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
sandnavyguy (2): merk, merk, merk, Grandicap, ObamaAkbar., merk
Grandicap (1): b-minus1, b-minus1, Hal Insandenza
Mr. Steak (1): Grandicap, Grandicap, dy.
CCKeane (0): merk, merk
Toalpaz (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
merk (0): Philip J. Fry, Philip J. Fry
Philip J. Fry (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Sandwolf (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy., ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy., ilmucche, ilmucche
.random (0): ObamaAkbar., ObamaAkbar.
AT-LOW (0): merk, dy., dy., merk
Execute No One! (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (6): .random, ilmucche, Philip J. Fry, SalTheBard, SolusLunes, Toalpaz

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 10th, 2021 at 6 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

You can't shoot your shot, not really explain it, and then do nothing the rest of the day. I could see scum buddies telling Solus to stop posting to see where the day goes. That is definitely the smartest move as scum after taking that shot.

I'm mocking you for dismissing my Solus focus. It was brutal and you are probably pouring yourself a glass of gin with shaky hands to cold.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I just read solus’ posts and I’m not really getting scummy vibes. But if he doesn’t come back to the game I’d vote him out

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Solus
I've softened on SNG, OA is the other option here.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I just read solus’ posts and I’m not really getting scummy vibes. But if he doesn’t come back to the game I’d vote him out

Yeah about the same. Sudden influx of votes is off putting though

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Insandenza posted:

Yeah about the same. Sudden influx of votes is off putting though

Ah yes, the sudden influx of votes, from...merk?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Ah yes, the sudden influx of votes, from...merk?

Okay and grand.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Okay and grand.

Ok less actual votes but votes and people building up to votes

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I mean, I've been advocating a Solus execution since Friday, now that it's getting momentum you can bet your rear end I am going to be on it too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I'm mocking you for dismissing my Solus focus. It was brutal and you are probably pouring yourself a glass of gin with shaky hands to cold.

I think your knee jerk reaction to vote him without more is still scummy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I think your knee jerk reaction to vote him without more is still scummy.

Yeah that's fine I'm naturally scummy.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

dy. posted:

Yeah that makes sense. I def misunderstood, sorry about that. I was a little extra surly yesterday.

New top scum read is Mr Steak. A lot of stream-of-consciousness posting without any real effort to find scum or ask hard questions. His posts seem weirdly guarded.

Phonepostin now so not gonna do a lot of quotes and stuff but I don’t know if there is anything specific I could point to anyway.

##vote Mr Steak

I'm sure this has already been addressed since this was 5 pages ago or whatever but that is just how Steak rolls. It gets him voted out day 1 or he wins, there isn't really an inbetween

Mr. Steak posted:

sal why did you only post a copypasta and leave???

Because Sunday and Monday are my "Dad Days" plus with it being Mothers day I haven't had time to sit down in front of my computer :-)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

I'd like Sal to say stuff.

Working on it (See: my response to Steak)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

am i too late? the OP says to keep signing up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Humalong posted:

am i too late? the OP says to keep signing up

You can sign up with a SOCON action