Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Chuckles, some obscure, unvetted company with no background in audits doing an election audit with little oversight while seemingly breaking all the rules that exist to maintain accountability and traceability is the opposite of 'T'ransparency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mango sentinel posted:

The group responsible is BEGGING people to believe they were not working as state actors, which is a little suspicious to me but we will probably never know.

Somebody in the Kremlin called them and said "if the Americans blame us for this, you're proper hosed".

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I think there's a weird mix of people who sincerely think there was obvious fraud, and people who absolutely know that everything is clean but are opportunistically trying to use it to fundraise.

The kind of person who has their poo poo together enough to actually pull off a cheat is probably smart enough to realize it's all risk, no reward.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Murgos posted:

Chuckles, some obscure, unvetted company with no background in audits doing an election audit with little oversight while seemingly breaking all the rules that exist to maintain accountability and traceability is the opposite of 'T'ransparency.
I think you'll find the company was very well vetted* and has complete transparency**!
I think you owe someone an apology***!

*"wrote a check to trump"
**"the receipt"
***"eventual pardon"

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

VitalSigns posted:

I'm kinda surprised they're not smart enough to realize they needed a plan to plant fake evidence.

Did they really think they'd open up the ballot boxes and find like rice paper ballots filled out in Chinese with fortune cookies in them (oh my god that is what they thought lol)

They actually thought they would find... bamboo, about 40,000 ballots worth, that were "smuggled in from SE Asia". Sadly, I am not joking about it...

Also, with regard to the Maricopa County's sheriff going off on them about routers and passwords, it's actually bi-partisan pushback overall to the request, because not only is Paul Penzone (Democrat and Maricopa County Sheriff) refusing and pushing back, but the Maricopa County Attorney's office (lead by a Republican) and the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors (4-1 Republican:Democrat split) are refusing it on the basis of potential impacts to local and national security, privacy, pending investigations, etc.

My guess is that it doesn't go anyway, but unfortunately Doug Ducey has no spine and won't start to help publicly push back against the AZ Senate which is expanding its power day-by-day with this.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I think there's a weird mix of people who sincerely think there was obvious fraud, and people who absolutely know that everything is clean but are opportunistically trying to use it to fundraise.

The kind of person who has their poo poo together enough to actually pull off a cheat is probably smart enough to realize it's all risk, no reward.
Here locally in AZ, the general thought is that they're hoping to find anything that will help to justify the voting "reform" laws that the GOP-controlled House and Senate want to push for. Ducey has been noncommittal on whether he'd support it, in part because for any greater push for higher office, he's going to need the "moderate" voters that broke for Sinema, Kelley, and Biden and who think stuff like this is bullshit, while also needing the support of Trump supporters obviously.

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 10, 2021

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Eric Cantonese posted:

So Biden's going to have to go a bit on the defensive due to underwhelming April 2021 job report numbers. Hopefully my twitchiness about "Dems in disarray," is just Pavlovian reflexes and not based on the actual situation.

The administration actually mostly did the opposite and spent the weekend pushing the rest of their agenda with the message that we need more assistance to ensure a strong economic recovery.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Wasn't last month's jobs report absurdly great, way above expectations? Not surprising that this month' report would slump coming from a high.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The 120-day "blanket pause and review" of all executive actions and agency rulemaking that was implemented in January is starting to end. So, expect a bunch of agency rulings and executive policy announcements soon.

Big one (but, not surprising) is that many of the suspended trans health rules are going to stay gone permanently.

One rule that people are sure to throw a shitfit about is that hospitals that provide services like hysterectomies, hormone therapy, gender reassignment surgery, etc. for health issues unrelated to trans health must provide them for trans health reasons as well (including religious hospitals that accept Medicare or Medicaid money).

quote:

US restores transgender health protections denied by Trump

WASHINGTON (AP) — The federal government will protect gay and transgender people against sex discrimination in health care, the Biden administration declared Monday, reversing a Trump-era policy that narrowed rights at the intersection of changing social mores and sensitive medical decisions.

It marked the latest step by President Joe Biden to advance the rights of gay and transgender people across society, from military service, to housing, to employment opportunities.

The policy announcement by the Department of Health and Human Services affirms that federal laws forbidding sex discrimination in health care also protect gay and transgender people. The Trump administration had defined “sex” to mean gender assigned at birth, thereby excluding transgender people from the law’s umbrella of protection.

“Fear of discrimination can lead individuals to forgo care, which can have serious negative health consequences,” said HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra. “Everyone — including LGBTQ people — should be able to access health care, free from discrimination or interference, period.”

Both opponents and supporters of Biden’s action said it’s likely to lead to litigation.

The American Medical Association said in a statement that the Biden administration “did the right thing” by ending “a dismal chapter which a federal agency sought to remove civil rights protections.” But some conservatives warned that doctors could be forced to perform gender reassignment procedures against their professional judgement.

Becerra said HHS will now be aligned with a landmark 6-3 Supreme Court decision last year in a workplace discrimination case, which established that federal laws against sex discrimination on the job also protect gay and transgender people.

In a tweet at the time, then-President Donald Trump called the decision “horrible & politically charged.” Undeterred by the ruling, his administration proceeded to try to narrow protections against discrimination in health care. But Biden early on in his term directed government agencies to apply the Supreme Court’s reasoning to areas under their jurisdiction.

Monday’s action means that the HHS Office for Civil Rights will again investigate complaints of sex discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. Hospitals, clinics and other medical providers can face denial of Medicare and Medicaid payments for violations of the law.

Since the Trump transgender rule had been blocked by a federal judge, the Biden administration action essentially restores a policy established during the Obama years. The Affordable Care Act prohibited sex discrimination in health care but did not use the term “gender identity.” The Obama administration interpreted the law as shielding gay and transgender people as well.

Conservative lawyer Roger Severino, who as a former HHS official oversaw the drafting of the Trump rules, said the Biden administration cut corners in issuing its new policy.

“This is inflaming the culture wars, especially when you are trying to circumvent the process,” said Severino, now at the Ethics and Public Policy Center think tank. Partly because of conflicting lower court rulings on the Trump and Obama policies, Becerra should have undertaken a formal rule-making, which can take months. “I expect lawsuits,” Severino added.

But civil rights advocates said the Supreme Court’s ruling on transgender protections essentially wiped the slate clean for Biden. “The Supreme Court has already laid out the reasoning that applies under all sex discrimination laws,” said Omar Gonzalez-Pagan, a lawyer for the Lambda Legal Defense Fund. “They did so in an employment case but their reasoning applies equally in health care, in education, and in housing.”

In recent years the understanding of sex has broadened to acknowledge a person’s inner sense of being male, female, neither or a combination.

Behind the dispute over rights for transgender people is a medically recognized condition called “gender dysphoria” — discomfort or distress caused by a discrepancy between the gender that a person identifies as and the gender assigned at birth. Consequences can include severe depression. Treatment can range from gender confirmation surgery and hormones to people changing their outward appearance by adopting a different hairstyle or clothing.

Under the Obama-era rule, a hospital could be required to perform gender-transition procedures such as hysterectomies if the facility provided that kind of treatment for other medical conditions.

LGBTQ groups say explicit protections are needed for people seeking gender transition treatment, and even for transgender people who need care for illnesses such as diabetes or heart problems.

More than 1.5 million Americans identify as transgender, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank focusing on LGBT policy at the UCLA School of Law. A bigger number — 4.5% of the population— identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender, according to Gallup.

HHS is a traditional battleground for conflicts over social issues. During the Trump administration the department bent to the will of conservatives. Other Trump policies applauded by the right restricted abortion referrals and broadened employers’ ability to opt out of providing birth control to women workers covered by their health plans. Under Biden, the policy pendulum has been swinging back in the opposite direction.

One of Biden’s first steps after taking office was a Jan. 20 executive order on combating discrimination on the basis of gender identity or sexual orientation.

Biden quickly followed that up with another order reversing a Trump-era Pentagon policy that largely barred transgender individuals from serving in the military.

And earlier this spring, the Department of Housing and Urban Development withdrew a Trump policy that would have allowed taxpayer-funded homeless shelters to deny access to transgender people.

At HHS, Biden’s term has seen the Senate confirmation of Dr. Rachel Levine to be assistant secretary for health, a senior position that involves oversight of public health initiatives, HIV/AIDS, women’s health and minority health, as well as other areas including research protections. Levine, formerly Pennsylvania’s top health official, is the first openly transgender person to be confirmed by the Senate.

https://apnews.com/article/health-care-transgender-sex-discrimination-77f297d88edb699322bf5de45a7ee4ff

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
First round of voting in the GOP Primary in VA is over.

Youngkin leads.

quote:

After the first round of counting Monday, Youngkin had 33% of the weighted vote, followed by Snyder at 26%, Chase at 21% and former Virginia House Speaker Kirk Cox at 13%, according to returns provided by the party.

Ranked choice kicks in and eliminates candidates until someone gets above 50%.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

SourKraut posted:

Here locally in AZ, the general thought is that they're hoping to find anything that will help to justify the voting "reform" laws that the GOP-controlled House and Senate want to push for. Ducey has been noncommittal on whether he'd support it, in part because for any greater push for higher office, he's going to need the "moderate" voters that broke for Sinema, Kelley, and Biden and who think stuff like this is bullshit, while also needing the support of Trump supporters obviously.

I just hope Michelle Ugenti-Rita ends up getting redistricted into competition with some worthless republican who never does anything but has more seniority and is a man, and they have to fight for a seat.

She's been behind most of the big voter suppression bills in the last few years. I don't know her deal, when I told her that her ballot harvesting law seems to assume that everyone has easy access to outgoing mail (i.e, a sealed box with a slot that only the post office has access to, rather than an outgoing mail bin in the apartment office) and she told me that if people in apartments can find a way to mail in their mortgage checks every month, they can find a mailbox for their ballot.

My brain sorta froze, trying to figure out whether I should say:
a: Renters don't have a mortgage
b: It's not a felony to ask your neighbor to drop off some mail on their way to work
c: who uses checks other than to write VOID on one and set up direct deposit?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

First round of voting in the GOP Primary in VA is over.

Youngkin leads.

Ranked choice kicks in and eliminates candidates until someone gets above 50%.

Chase is the one who's gonna throw a fit and run as a third party candidate if she loses, right?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Rea posted:

That Wasserman prediction continues to baffle me. Unless he's just tweeting out random predictions because it'll get him attention, and I don't think he's at that point yet, surely he of all people should understand how polarization is killing crossover voting in the US—and, by extension, the possibility of a state that voted for Biden by 10% coming anywhere near electing a GOP candidate. He was one of the first people to note that crossover districts (i.e. Biden + GOP rep or Trump + Dem rep) were at an all-time low after 2020!

I just don't get it.

Uh... my state went > 10% for Biden and still elected a GOP governor though?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

GlyphGryph posted:

Uh... my state went > 10% for Biden and still elected a GOP governor though?

Maryland or Massachusetts? Either way, the dynamics get more complicated when you're dealing with a popular incumbent governor that does their best to keep their head down in an otherwise-unfriendly state, but I believe broader polarization theory still holds true.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Rea posted:

Chase is the one who's gonna throw a fit and run as a third party candidate if she loses, right?

Yep! Which is the funniest possible option and the "safest" to avoid potential oops-we-elected-a-nutcase situations.

also if she loses she will probably demand a recount and refuse to concede because obviously the election was a fraud

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Gotta say that the Republican party internal elections turning into a circle of candidates all pointing at the others and shouting "no you're the voting fraud!" is pretty amusing. I hope they choke on all their paranoia.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/rmc031/status/1391714180714074116

This is interesting, because it attributes part of the cause not to in-school spread, but rather to increased mobility by adults who no longer had to stay home to watch their kids. They analyzed areas with high community spread, so they stop short of saying all school openings are bad - CDC says it's fine if community spread is low and precautions are taken - but that they can be if they are opened in areas with high community spread. They do allow that the paucity of contract tracing efforts likely underestimate school infections, but still it's an angle I hadn't considered and it makes sense.

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1391849428097568775

Sorry I passed out because I saw that McConnell was softening his negotiating position and the shock of it sent me into a fugue state

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 10, 2021

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

You can tell kids and teenagers to wear masks and follow the rules

You can't tell dumbass anti-vax parents or adults who go back to work, so this checks out to me.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

zoux posted:

Sorry I passed out because I saw that McConnell was softening his negotiating position and the shock of it sent me into a fugue state

Well rouse yourself because he didn't really. The very next clip says they'll only negotiate after dems fail to rally against them. And that you can only pay for infrastructure with tolls and gas taxes, definitely not by revisiting the 2017 tax bill.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1391728642020069380?s=19

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 10, 2021

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

VitalSigns posted:

I'm kinda surprised they're not smart enough to realize they needed a plan to plant fake evidence.

Did they really think they'd open up the ballot boxes and find like rice paper ballots filled out in Chinese with fortune cookies in them (oh my god that is what they thought lol)

it has a real 'flat earthers building a backyard rocket to disprove the curvature of the earth' vibe

I expect it to go similarly.

mango sentinel posted:

The group responsible is BEGGING people to believe they were not working as state actors, which is a little suspicious to me but we will probably never know.

Their statement was one of the stranger things I've read in a while. Someone clearly just realized that poo poo rolls downhill.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 10, 2021

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

TulliusCicero posted:

You can tell kids and teenagers to wear masks and follow the rules

You can't tell dumbass anti-vax parents or adults who go back to work, so this checks out to me.

"Parents just don't understand." - 20th century philosopher Willard Carroll Smith, Jr.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

SourKraut posted:

They actually thought they would find... bamboo, about 40,000 ballots worth, that were "smuggled in from SE Asia". Sadly, I am not joking about it...

I mean that's what I was referring to yeah.

When they announced this bullshit audit after multiple nonpartisan audits found no problems, contracted a pro-Trump firm peddling the lies to do it, and kicked out all the journalists except OAN or whatever I thought "oh ok they're just going to plant the evidence then" but I guess they just really believed all the dumb lazy lies that Biden did all the election crime right in the open and no one involved even bothered to try to cover it up and it would all just be there waiting for them?

They brought the UV scanners because of that QAnon theory that Trump secretly marked all the real ballots with UV ink, they apparently think that bamboo fibers and, idk, Panda fur was just going to tumble out of all the Biden ballots with "Made In China" stickers on them.

I know Trump knows he was lying to the extent that he's consciously aware of his lies rather than just mentally rewriting his own reality, and I know all the dumbasses who believe everything they see on Facebook and Newsmax don't know that he's lying, but I figured there was some middle layer of ghouls who were behind this going "ok guys we need to plant the evidence so we can justify more laws against black people voting", on the other hand maybe postmodern politics doesn't require that level of effort. You can just say the swamp defeated the audit or w/e and then pass whatever laws you want.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

zoux posted:

"Negotiating position" in this case meaning "the number he is willing to say to hide his actual position of $0." He's not negotiating, he's attempting to look "bipartisan" by being the one "willing to compromise". If Biden actually presses for details it'll just get bogged down in an endless loop of "ok $800B is good, but the money can't come from this, or that, or this other thing, and no we won't tell you where the money can come from, but keep guessing!"

EDIT:

VitalSigns posted:

I mean that's what I was referring to yeah.

When they announced this bullshit audit after multiple nonpartisan audits found no problems, contracted a pro-Trump firm peddling the lies to do it, and kicked out all the journalists except OAN or whatever I thought "oh ok they're just going to plant the evidence then" but I guess they just really believed all the dumb lazy lies that Biden did all the election crime right in the open and no one involved even bothered to try to cover it up and it would all just be there waiting for them?
They really truly believe that they live in a movie and all it'll take is one plucky li'l patriot finding the super-obvious fraud that everyone else missed, and then everyone in America will fall to their knees in joy as every Democrat is vaporized by the blinding light of the truth emanating from some convention center in AZ.

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 10, 2021

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Space Gopher posted:

Infosec scuttlebutt says that yes, it was a Russian group, but probably a standard ransomware attack rather than an explicitly targeted nation-state assault on infrastructure.

There's some overlap between the Russian government and Russian organized crime, but don't trust anybody who says that this was 100% Putin pulling the strings. There are a lot of people with a vested interest in making that argument - not just Russia hawks, but also the victims themselves. After all, "nation-state threat" is the canonical example of the place where just following everyday security practices won't protect you any more. If it was just an ordinary ransomware attack, on the other hand, then Colonial was negligent in not being able to detect and respond to it without blowing up their entire business.

"But don't trust anybody" the only verifiable statement here ATM.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ILL Machina posted:

Well rouse yourself because he didn't really. The very next clip says they'll only negotiate after dems fail to rally against them. And that you can only pay for infrastructure with tolls and gas taxes, definitely not by revisiting the 2017 tax bill.

the funny thing is the gas tax polls so terribly republicans plan to run on how democrats raised the gas tax if they can con them into doing it

but they're just printing ad after ad about how THEY want to raise the gas tax while democrats don't take the bait!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
From what I've seen, they're losing steam because it's tedious work, especially when everything keeps coming up an exact match.

I've been part of a signature challenge, and that's actually sort of fun when you're finding an invalid signature every couple of pages or so.

It'd be miserable if everything was perfect.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

evilweasel posted:

the funny thing is the gas tax polls so terribly republicans plan to run on how democrats raised the gas tax if they can con them into doing it

but they're just printing ad after ad about how THEY want to raise the gas tax while democrats don't take the bait!

I know I've said this before but I get the feeling the Repulican pollsters did some test group messaging and they said, $600 - $800 billion is what people want to hear and makes them sound reasonable.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The FAILED STATE of California is issuing $600 stimulus checks as part of a $16b $75b budget surplus

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1391815222592110596?s=20

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 10, 2021

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

From what I've seen, they're losing steam because it's tedious work, especially when everything keeps coming up an exact match.

I've been part of a signature challenge, and that's actually sort of fun when you're finding an invalid signature every couple of pages or so.

It'd be miserable if everything was perfect.

Yeah, rallying with signs and refusing to wear masks while screaming how right you are and how they should let you in to find the fraud and stop the steal is fun and easy, being trapped in a room forced to wear a stuffy mask in spring in Arizona when everyone else is enjoying the weather staring at scantron sheets for 8-12 hours a day, not so much, especially when nothing is proving you right and it becomes increasingly evident all your claims were bullshit and you're an idiot.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FCKGW posted:

The FAILED STATE of California is issuing $600 stimulus checks as part of a $16b budget surplus

Good luck to Caitlyn and Big Bear Jon

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

FCKGW posted:

The FAILED STATE of California is issuing $600 stimulus checks as part of a $16b budget surplus

Why don't they refund their loving public universities.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

ILL Machina posted:

That $800b number is just going to scare away more Republicans from supporting their version of the bill so either way Mitch is kinda boned

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Apologies, the budget surplus this year in CA is actually $75 billion

CA has law dating back to the Prop 13 days limiting how much they can actually spend if they have a surplus. Newsom unveiled a $100b budget today and has $16b left over. $8b is going back to taxpayers as stimulus checks, the other $8b is going to education.

CA also has a "rainy day fund" by law (I think it's around $50b or so?) so this is after fully funding that fund as well

Oracle posted:

Why don't they refund their loving public universities.

Additional funding for the university system is part of the plan as well. Along with rental assistance a who bunch of other stuff.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 10, 2021

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

FCKGW posted:

The FAILED STATE of California is issuing $600 stimulus checks as part of a $16b $75b budget surplus

If i get some of that money, I will vote against recalling him. I am sure that's his plan, because funding universities like they should be funded will not save his rear end.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

FCKGW posted:

ok so he's beating the recall then

pretty amazing that even the lovely dems have figured out giving people money to vote for you works, if the federal Dems are smart they'll keeping cutting checks ahead of the midterms

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Judakel posted:

If i get some of that money, I will vote against recalling him. I am sure that's his plan, because funding universities like they should be funded will not save his rear end.

I don't think the plan is fully finalized yet but it's supposed to by anyone in the state making under $75k/yr, $600 per adult and $500 per kid. They sent out checks earlier this year to anyone under $30k as well.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cancel culture is out of control!!!!!

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1391864031158415361?s=20

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

VitalSigns posted:

I know Trump knows he was lying to the extent that he's consciously aware of his lies rather than just mentally rewriting his own reality, and I know all the dumbasses who believe everything they see on Facebook and Newsmax don't know that he's lying, but I figured there was some middle layer of ghouls who were behind this going "ok guys we need to plant the evidence so we can justify more laws against black people voting", on the other hand maybe postmodern politics doesn't require that level of effort. You can just say the swamp defeated the audit or w/e and then pass whatever laws you want.

quote:

“They talk about conspiracy theories,” she said, referring to reports that the review is examining ballots for evidence of bamboo fibers and watermarks baselessly said to be signs of fraud. “But I tell you what, there’s almost a reverse conspiracy theory to demean this audit.”

does seem like the absence of any evidence will actually be evidence that the swamp extends even further than they thought

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

lol is McConnell actually suggesting raising gas taxes to balance the budget

I thought this guy was supposed to be smart, their main attack against Biden (besides whining about Dr Seuss) is "the economic recovery is actually bad because gas prices are up" now he wants to raise them even higher to keep taxes low on big business? I can't think of anything he could possibly do to piss off his suburban truck-driving farm-cosplayer base more other than banning guns or coming out as transgender.

Just :psyduck: holy poo poo they really do need Trump, these guys are hopeless.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

VitalSigns posted:

lol is McConnell actually suggesting raising gas taxes to balance the budget

I thought this guy was supposed to be smart, their main attack against Biden (besides whining about Dr Seuss) is "the economic recovery is actually bad because gas prices are up" now he wants to raise them even higher to keep taxes low on big business? I can't think of anything he could possibly do to piss off his suburban truck-driving farm-cosplayer base more other than banning guns or coming out as transgender.

Just :psyduck: holy poo poo they really do need Trump, these guys are hopeless.

He knows this, and wants it to happen so he can blame the Democrats who are in power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

FCKGW posted:

newsom might be a plastic automaton that almost every voter finds a soulless husk, but i have to give him credit for managing to brand this so thoroughly as a bold move he is taking to help the vulnerable resident's of the state when in reality it's been a mechanism of state law that's almost never relevant. can't fault his political instincts with this one