Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just letting y'all know i FINALLY got my prescription for ahdh meds after 6 months without them. i shall do a reread with my new big brain in a couple hours.
(i feel loving fantastic rn)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*adhd

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

keane is playing a very quiet game

keane actually has quite a lot of posts. i accidentally wrote 'points' there at first and i think that's a fun new way to approach mafia games. your post count is your point total.

anyway i think it's interesting i have no idea what keane's reads are even though they have 96 points. Then again steak has 『1』『8』『9』posts and i don't really know what he think either. i guess that's part of why i want to flip the steak.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Steak posted:

just letting y'all know i FINALLY got my prescription for ahdh meds after 6 months without them. i shall do a reread with my new big brain in a couple hours.

dude grats. i know how much that sucks. awesome job making that happen for yourself.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

SNG’s case on me in masonry came after I called him out for being okay with you (Keane) dying, while thinking Solus might flip town, and not moving at all. I literally laid 1/9th of the blame at his feet. He came back and said “well your shift doesn’t look very natural to me, how were you so sure Solus would flip town?” and then I basically told him if he didn’t bring that case to thread I was gonna go after him hard, because I thought he was just trying to apply pressure back to get me to back off. But he did in fact bring it to thread so now I’m thinking maybe he’s sincere about it.

i'll go on record as thinking sng's case makes sense even tho i dont think sandwolf is this convincing of an actor as scum.

that being said, why in the world would you change your mind to think sng is town just because he listened to your ultimatum. if anything scum are more likely to cower at an ultimatum like that

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

Look, if I’m being realistic, my role is already out there so it’s not like I’m special or hiding anything with night actions or whatever, and if it comes down to it if I get lunched or NK’d town won’t really be that impacted losing an outed unconfirmed mason townie. But I really don’t see mucche as scummy in mason chat or in total with their posts in here, so I dislike the theory being batted around that my flip will suddenly make mucche look worse or vice versa when we are town, and then town be at risk of losing two townies to a false dichotomy.

what in the hell does any of this mean?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somberbrero posted:

there's 1 day of time between these two posts and it's the only real relevant solus content steak posts in that time frame. steak's read on solus just feels fake when i read directly through his post history. he really doesn't commit to anything and his posting feels more forced as time goes on. just vote steak it'll be cool.

"fake" and "barely believes anything because day 1" are closer than you'd think

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in a sense, i would say that yes the majority of my reads on any given day 1 (this game included) are fake.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
something townies dont consider enough is that accurately stating your reads (particularly town reads) in thread makes scum's choice of nk a lot easier. ive made it a habit of calling townreads on people i think are scummy but dont have enough evidence for yet.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

and there it is

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

and there it is

you're right. it took until day 2 for be to start soliloquizing about my own meta

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*me

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
probably a new record tbh

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hum plz give me insight

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Steak posted:

in a sense, i would say that yes the majority of my reads on any given day 1 (this game included) are fake.

i would vote you harder if i could

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Hum plz give me insight

I will be examining the votes on Solus day 1 when I wake up in the morning. I started already. Please hold.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there are still 6 people voting for confirmed town somehow

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(yes, by this i mean players in the masonry)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hal Insandenza posted:

Thinking about steak and the blatant hammering he says was to deny the scum the ability to hide behind the memory of murder thing... is steak really the type of player who is going to think “I gotta do this to help the town!”

Doesn’t feel like it...

breaking my silence on the subject cuz this bothers me. i really hate being accused of not playing whole-heartedly to my win condition. i **always** play to my wincon first and foremost. that's probably why i make so many superficially "scummy" moves. because my wincon is not to lunch scum every day of the game. my wincon is to eliminate all the scum before they win the game. those are DIFFERENT things.

but anyway that's a complete tangent. if my hammer would have harmed anyone's ability to investigate me, i wouldnt have done it

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

Mr. Steak posted:

Honestly this is the best game ever, I could listen to steak describe Avant-Garde Mafia all week

Mr. Steak posted:

but anyway that's a complete tangent. if my hammer would have harmed anyone's ability to investigate me, i wouldnt have done it

I don't understand this claim pattern but ok

Like it's not like there were THAT many options for what the claim would be but you are theoretically revealing new information here

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Hal Insandenza posted:

is steak really the type of player who is going to think “I gotta do this to help the town!”

For the record I 100% buy that steak would do this to help town, I just don't necessarily think that the thing steak did helped town

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Mr. Steak posted:

Also, big congratulations! :toot:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
think about it privately at-low. if i wanted the answer to be public i would have said it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ngl i completely forget why i voted dy. one sec

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh yeah omgus.

thats not as solid in hindsight ##vote oa

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Mr. Steak posted:

think about it privately at-low. if i wanted the answer to be public i would have said it

You keep volunteering information unnecessarily! Are you just complaining that I'm reading your posts at this point?

(Also, do not fear: I have absolutely been thinking about it privately)

Regarding the oa/sng situation if it continues to be a big thing I wouldn't be strictly against flipping one or both of them and seeing where that goes but like for the most part I just don't care, I've been more interested in other options both days - that said, sng's case is an interesting development

sng's case thus far I kinda read as "as ammo for my case on oa, here is the entire scumteam" which is like, kinda backwards, but okay, big play, tell me more, tell me which of the names you named you think were genuinely scum intervening

It's a real real big accusation and I wanna hear more about it

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

(for the record, if I wasn't clear, I don't really intend to talk about any role guesses in public or anything at this time, I just think the circumstances of the claims are strange)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

keane is playing a very quiet game

:sludgepal:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I THINK THIS FIXES MY QUIET GAME PROBLEM.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Merk whatcha thinking about Sandwolfs mason claim? I find it enough to move my vote off of Ilmucche.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

breaking my silence on the subject cuz this bothers me. i really hate being accused of not playing whole-heartedly to my win condition. i **always** play to my wincon first and foremost. that's probably why i make so many superficially "scummy" moves. because my wincon is not to lunch scum every day of the game. my wincon is to eliminate all the scum before they win the game. those are DIFFERENT things.

Apologies steak, genuinely mean no offense

For the record I would never think to do that so I wasn’t implying I’m more selfless than you or anything

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Merk whatcha thinking about Sandwolfs mason claim? I find it enough to move my vote off of Ilmucche.

Role means nothing this game except how it’s used.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Role means nothing this game except how it’s used.

Right, but sandwolf has additional information on ilmucche's behavior from the mason chat, right?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Right, but sandwolf has additional information on ilmucche's behavior from the mason chat, right?

Correct, but it seems to be based more on esoteric stuff and less on any content ilmucche has provided. At least that’s what it seemed to me in my sleep deprived state last night

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Insandenza posted:

Correct, but it seems to be based more on esoteric stuff and less on any content ilmucche has provided. At least that’s what it seemed to me in my sleep deprived state last night

I'm fine with vibes tbh.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I never even read anybody's posts I just look at the shape of the paragraphs and decide if somebody is scum or not based on that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Insandenza posted:

Why can't you sleep? Guilty conscience?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Normally I would say picking mason is more indicative of a town mindset than a scum one, but seeing how late in the draft order they both were it is undercut by quite a bit.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
keane and steak I'm sorry but whats the OA case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

keane and steak I'm sorry but whats the OA case?

Feels white noise content lurking.