Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

growing up one of my mom's lazy dinners was chicken & rice & corn & peas -- just a can each of corn and peas with chicken cut into bite size pieces all stirred into a bunch of white rice. i don't like peas so i just make chicken & rice & corn & corn, but tonight is a struggle meal and i don't have any chicken to put in it so it's just Montreal chicken seasoning & rice & corn & corn. tastes good though i'm happy with the effort:reward ratio of fueling my human body tonight

e: also i use frozen corn, tastes better plus more appropriate portions for one meal for one person

:ohno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm making a sweet potato, normandy blend veggies, and halibut. I don't ever have sweet potatoes so I don't know how I'll dress it. Probably just some smart balance margarine or butter or whatever it is.

I just like butter and plenty of salt and pepper.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bird with big dick posted:

I made two pizza doughs and theyre chilling in the fridge and I'm going to make them into pizzas

Extremely raid-able/snackable fridge right there.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm making a sweet potato, normandy blend veggies, and halibut. I don't ever have sweet potatoes so I don't know how I'll dress it. Probably just some smart balance margarine or butter or whatever it is.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

my options boiled down to this or just sit there being depressed without eating sorry i chose so poorly

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

is that dill? dill is good with halibut

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I made two pizza doughs and theyre chilling in the fridge and I'm going to make them into pizzas

getting closer if these pizzas end up looking like poo poo I'll just disappear and never post itt again

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

is that dill? dill is good with halibut

It is. :clint:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

my options boiled down to this or just sit there being depressed without eating sorry i chose so poorly

there's always tomorrow

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

pro starcraft loser posted:

Green or yellow!?

Pink!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Rice bowls tonight. Started a pot with some garlic, coffee, and dried red pepper. Let that get really smelly then tossed in like 5 chicken thighs. Cooked those for a bit then poured over some tomatoes we canned up last year and about a quarter cup of veg stock. While the chicken poached I made up some rice with my secret rice ingredient: tomato and chicken bouillon and a bay leaf. Got my beans drained and tossed in a pan with some garlic, salted butter, a little stock and a pinch of coffee
Cooked those until the butter and stock made a nice little sauce. Took the cooking liquid from the chicken pot and slapped that through the blender. Shredded the chicken and mixed it up with that sauce and reserved a little sauce for serving. Rice on the bottom, beans in the middle, chicken on top. Sauce and finished with a little queso fresco.

Oh my God, goons. It was so loving good.

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 22, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

they turned out good

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Literally A Person posted:

Rice bowls tonight. Started a pot with some garlic, coffee, and dried red pepper. Let that get really smelly then tossed in like 5 chicken thighs. Cooked those for a bit then poured over some tomatoes we canned up last year and about a quarter cup of veg stock. While the chicken poached I made up some rice with my secret rice ingredient: tomato and chicken bouillon and a bay leaf. Got my beans drained and tossed in a pan with some garlic, salted butter, a little stock and a pinch of coffee
Cooked those until the butter and stock made a nice little sauce. Took the cooking liquid from the chicken pot and slapped that through the blender. Shredded the chicken and mixed it up with that sauce and reserved a little sauce for serving. Rice on the bottom, beans in the middle, chicken on top. Sauce and finished with a little queso fresco.

Oh my God, goons. It was so loving good.

I’d tug to this

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
This:

I must have one of these.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

getting closer if these pizzas end up looking like poo poo I'll just disappear and never post itt again

lol @ mise en placing red pepper flakes for pizza

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
good looking pizzas tho

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Aardvark! posted:

lol @ mise en placing red pepper flakes for pizza

Those aren’t red pepper flakes they’re sliced up pickled little peppers.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
4am steak and eggs. :jerky:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Those aren’t red pepper flakes they’re sliced up pickled little peppers.

😂 😆😆 oops

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol u got loving served aardvark (a slice of homemade pizza with pickled peppers on it!!!!!! XD)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
if you think im gonna spend even 2 seconds verifying something to not look like a moron in public then you got another thing coming

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

if you think im gonna spend even 2 seconds verifying something to not look like a moron in public then you got another thing coming

Like that lady who wrote that book!!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
listen, somewhere, someone has pre measured out a small bowl of red pepper flakes and it's that person that deserves scorn here ok

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

listen, somewhere, someone has pre measured out a small bowl of red pepper flakes and it's that person that deserves scorn here ok

*hides small bowl of dried rep pepper flakes*

:sweatdrop:

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019
A few weeks ago I made Impossible beef tacos with poblano pepper and tomato salsa. I highly recommend Impossible meat as an alternative to ground beef for tacos, even though it's expensive and not really healthier.

Prep:

Finished product minus the lettuce because I forgot to take another pic before shoving them into my face:

I need to clean my kitchen, drat

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Cilantro....paste???

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I need a tube of this.

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019
Dude it's the best. Beats the hell out of chopping cilantro and having the rest go bad in the fridge.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Cilantro never goes bad in my house as basically all I cook is Mexican and SE asian food. I just want to squeeze that green slime right into my maw.

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019
There should totally be a Cilantro Paste Challenge. This company also makes ginger paste and various other varieties of squeezable herbs. They're great for lazy people like me.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You can get these frozen ginger cubes, I think we usually get them at Target. They're great any time a recipe calls for grated ginger. We basically quit buying fresh ginger cause 90% of that shits just dries out in the fridge and then gets thrown away.

https://www.foodservicedirect.com/d...GYaAsKmEALw_wcB

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

TeachesOfPeaches posted:

There should totally be a Cilantro Paste Challenge. This company also makes ginger paste and various other varieties of squeezable herbs. They're great for lazy people like me.

I just got the ginger one cause the only time I use ginger is for my world famous lo mien then the root immediately goes bad.

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019
I have the ginger paste too. I don't think I've ever bought a ginger root without having to throw the rest out because it got moldy after using it in the specific recipe I bought it for.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i keep my ginger in the freezer, stays good for a long rear end time and makes it super easy to grate when you need it.

is the cilantro paste really as good as fresh? cause def would love that as alternative to having to cut it all the time

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Nooner posted:

i keep my ginger in the freezer, stays good for a long rear end time and makes it super easy to grate when you need it.

gently caress, that's brilliant.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

You can keep fresh ginger in the freezer. Grate it on a microplane from frozen when you need it

E: beaten by nooner, shameful

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Crusty Nutsack posted:

You can keep fresh ginger in the freezer. Grate it on a microplane from frozen when you need it

E: beaten by nooner, shameful

nothing shameful about being beaten by nooner. hell some would pay for the privilege

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Aardvark! posted:

nothing shameful about being beaten by nooner. hell some would pay for the privilege

:wiggle:

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019

Nooner posted:

is the cilantro paste really as good as fresh? cause def would love that as alternative to having to cut it all the time

It's not a substitute for fresh cilantro as like a garnish, but for stirring into things like rice or salsa it works great for imparting the flavor without having to chop it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i buy multiple bunches of cilantro every trip and it never goes bad. my preferred way to garnish any Mexican food is to tear a literal handful off the top of the bunch and chop it a bit. same with thai food :q:

gently caress I love cilantro so much ....