Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

Can't believe it's been over six months since release.

Has CDPR given up on further updates?
We're all kinda waiting to see what they roll out with the next gen patch but something certainly feels rather hosed over there. You'd think it'd be back on the PlayStation store by now -- its almost been six loving months. I also didn't expect zero DLC for six months.

Sony might've cost them millions and millions of console digital sales so far because someone at CDPR shot from the hip and the refund bullet went right through their own fuckin shoe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

TheAgent posted:

We're all kinda waiting to see what they roll out with the next gen patch but something certainly feels rather hosed over there. You'd think it'd be back on the PlayStation store by now -- its almost been six loving months. I also didn't expect zero DLC for six months.

Sony might've cost them millions and millions of console digital sales so far because someone at CDPR shot from the hip and the refund bullet went right through their own fuckin shoe.

They are also reportedly working on new games already, including sequels to both Witcher and Cyberpunk. That kind of seems like a lot...?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

They are also reportedly working on new games already, including sequels to both Witcher and Cyberpunk. That kind of seems like a lot...?
nah I'm sure things over there are just great

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I can imagine they want to release as much as possible in one big burst as a kind of soft relaunch, so I expect we'll get the next-gen update and the first story DLC at the same time.

Curious to see how they handle a post-game story DLC though, given that there isn't technically a post-game at all, it just puts you right back at your point-of-no-return save. Are they going to make you do the ending again to access a DLC that takes place after the story?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ShakeZula posted:

I can imagine they want to release as much as possible in one big burst as a kind of soft relaunch, so I expect we'll get the next-gen update and the first story DLC at the same time.

Curious to see how they handle a post-game story DLC though, given that there isn't technically a post-game at all, it just puts you right back at your point-of-no-return save. Are they going to make you do the ending again to access a DLC that takes place after the story?

A few of the endings leave things open for continuing adventures. Not sure if I should spoil them or not, but several endings I can think of would easily provide a jumping off point for the further adventures of [character].

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I don’t think it will be post-story, though maybe. Basically all of the endings leaves you with the capability and interest to do one last score to save your life. There’s a few big differences possible about the state of Arasaka, though I don’t think it’s insurmountable. It could support an epilogue DLC or the first act of a sequel pretty easily. I think the game ends on a pretty tight note so I think I’d rather see some kind of interstitial DLC than an epilogue.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

No reason why V has to or should be involved in the sequel, a fresh start in the same universe makes more sense to me.

DLCs will have to though so I do wonder how they'll work that. I assume once you get magically phased back in after beating the final mission they'll take place then.

I do have gripes about the final mission though as well. It's too drat easy. I didn't even 100% it, I left many missions and other things undone, and I still crushed it on hardest difficulty. I am thinking I might go back and give some of the other endings a try, specifically the one which is supposed to be hardest where you just plow straight in to the tower and start killing everyone.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
That was the only version of the ending mission where I died, because I assumed being level 50 meant I didn't have to pay attention to anything

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

I do have gripes about the final mission though as well. It's too drat easy. I didn't even 100% it, I left many missions and other things undone, and I still crushed it on hardest difficulty. I am thinking I might go back and give some of the other endings a try, specifically the one which is supposed to be hardest where you just plow straight in to the tower and start killing everyone.
It's not any more difficult.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Play posted:

No reason why V has to or should be involved in the sequel, a fresh start in the same universe makes more sense to me.

DLCs will have to though so I do wonder how they'll work that. I assume once you get magically phased back in after beating the final mission they'll take place then.

I think I did all the endings, but missed doing one specific thing in my first playthrough so didn't get a specific achievement for one of them. I figure I'll do that now I'm on my second playthrough. Unfortunately it was my least favorite ending, but :shrug:.

Oh, I guess there was at least one other ending I missed, which I want to do if it doesn't trip an achievement.

If nothing else my completionist tendencies mean I get a lot of hours out of games I even moderately like.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

A few of the endings leave things open for continuing adventures. Not sure if I should spoil them or not, but several endings I can think of would easily provide a jumping off point for the further adventures of [character].

Right, I did all the endings, I'm just saying my most complete save is after I did the endings and ran around cleaning up the map to get the plat. If they release a post-story DLC, I would presumably have to get to the postgame again by going through one of the endings - I wouldn't be able to jump to the DLC right away.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
They'd presumably make it accessible from the post-game. Probably you'll get a text message from a fixer or something

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Eason the Fifth posted:

i think nerds call that 'ludo-narrative dissonance' which is a pretty valid point (nothing like murdering the Emperor of Tamriel during a major crisis, because who needs national leadership during the invasion of Aludin the World-Eater?) but on the other hand, games on rails can be pretty loving boring, and if you want to be a passive observer, books and movies fit that bill a lot better. But yeah, the solution is a pretty heavy suspension of disbelief in the areas where gameplay doesn't meet story.

Skyrim came out ten years ago which is loving insane to me, and the next es is probably gonna be a total piece of poo poo everyone buys, but it wouldn't surprise me if A BIG LEAGUE HERO stopped the civil war and alduin and OFC stepped into the power vacuum left by the emperor's MYSTERIOUS DEATH.

Also didn't daggerfall let you ignore the main quest and it would proceed without you leading to you getting fired in disgrace for botching the whole deal or something? Iirc you got a letter for invitation to some court intrigue or something and if you hosed off to loot dungeons for long enough it would have already happened?

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
RE story: I thought the story was ok, but definetly rushed in some parts. Main thing is that the sometimes cartoonish nature of the world felt kind of out of whack with the more low key and character driven story they were trying to tell.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I think they're going to set at least one of the expansions in orbit, which could be fun.

I restarted with a completely ice cold corpo sociopath playthrough and completely fell apart early on because it's impossible for me to be mean to Jackie.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I hope there are DLC that follow all the endings: space station assault (lets assume its more complex than a doom level and more like space night city), nomads resettling in another state (aka I swear its not night city with a new paint job) and lastly looking up Goro in Japan for that Real Food meal he promised you after getting a new body from the flesh vats. Naturally in this ending you can romance Goro if you so wish. Or big boss lady. We'll call this the slice of life expansion.

Make sure to find all 50 arasaka collectibles to win the approval of arasaka-san so you can ask his (actually 80 year old) daughter out on a date to the ice cream pachinko parlour.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:57 on May 25, 2021

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

DLC that doesn't take place in night city? That sounds mad dummy, yo.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Zeroisanumber posted:

I think they're going to set at least one of the expansions in orbit, which could be fun.

I restarted with a completely ice cold corpo sociopath playthrough and completely fell apart early on because it's impossible for me to be mean to Jackie.

He doesn't care. He just rolls with it and teases you back. Jackie really is the best character in the game. And you only interact with him for like three missions.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

forest spirit posted:

DLC that doesn't take place in night city? That sounds mad dummy, yo.

I’m sure the majority will (hopefully nothing like horse armor) but they’re at least going to have a space station DLC and I’m really hoping they have some kind of Vegas DLC. Like a shoutout to New Vegas. But otherwise, yes I agree like hopefully they add something that makes that southern area with the Voodoo Boys meaningful to be in. I can’t think of the name of it right now.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Pacifica is basically the Oxenfurt area from Witcher 3. Right now it feels like it's just there and empty, but it'll be filled with a DLC. Then again, large swathes of it are unfinished and Oxenfurt was at least completed so maybe they just really did run out of time for it.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I felt like most areas outside the starting area were too hard but I eventually progressed to pacifica and just casually deleted everyone, notably a couple dozen voodoos who I was set to meet with once their drat church opened.

Was cool doing the mall mission and I was trying to be silent but ended up causing a ruckus right in the main hall and after killing I dunno how many, precipice or whatever his name was calls me and says "okay, finish him off but keep it quiet" meanwhile its complete bedlam in there

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm not gonna lie even in my wildest dreams I didn't think 2077 would remain delisted from the SONY store this long. Feels like they are just not gonna sell the PS4 version and only sell the PS5 version at this point, what else could they be waiting for?

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I don't think any other publisher is ever going to say "just get a refund from Sony" ever again.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm not gonna lie even in my wildest dreams I didn't think 2077 would remain delisted from the SONY store this long. Feels like they are just not gonna sell the PS4 version and only sell the PS5 version at this point, what else could they be waiting for?

Probably going to quietly slide it out when they do the next gen updates + first dlc as others have suggested. Putting out the PS4 version on its own at this point without some other thing as an accompaniment is just going to rile stuff up again because it's not like it's gonna be magically amazingly performant, it'll likely be better in some ways but it'll still run like poo poo probably.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Robobot posted:

I don't think any other publisher is ever going to say "just get a refund from Sony" ever again.
50% a head-on-a-spike to induce that, and 50% base PS4 performance hasn't gotten much better.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

TheAgent posted:

I thought that the earnings reports showed that they sold more copies than they expected and the refunds were a non-issue?

Bust Rodd posted:

They still sell physical copies. This seems more like Sony flexing on publishers, and even then it is only because CDPR is one of the smaller ones. Sony would never do this to Ubisoft or EA.
:shrug:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I think they mean potential sales.

Imagine if cyberpunk was available on Christmas morning after everyone who had gotten a PlayStation were just finished setting it up? and how many countless people also got a 100$/50$ PSN gift card in their stocking?

The potential missed sales must be nuts.

And the missed sales to this day is even more nutty

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Not only that, CDPR themselves said in the most recent call with investors that according to their analytics the PSN ban even influenced the ammount of sales on other platforms due to bad PR.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Palpek posted:

Not only that, CDPR themselves said in the most recent call with investors that according to their analytics the PSN ban even influenced the ammount of sales on other platforms due to bad PR.

You know, if they hadn't announced this game like a decade ago and just released it on PS5/Xbox X/PC then none of the PR disasters would have happened. Of course people would actually need to be able to buy PS5 and XBox X's, but that's a whole other problem. CP77 on the PS4 is basically like playing Doom on the Sega 32X.

Robobot fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 25, 2021

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Robobot posted:

You know, if they hadn't announced this game like a decade ago and just released it on PS5/Xbox X/PC then none of the PR disasters would have happened. Of course people would actually need to be able to buy PS5 and XBox X's, but that's a whole other problem. CP77 on the PS4 is basically like playing Doom on the Sega 32X.

well, then they'd just have to deal with all the gameplay development shortcomings instead of just the optimization ones

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Witcher 3 with all its dlc was on sale for like 90% off. Just buy that game has get like 10,000 value for your 3 dollars than cyberpunk beta.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
The introduction to Pacifica with the gunship blowing up the apartment in the distance and poo poo was cool. Then it's mostly just a ghost town instead of an oppressed ghetto. They should have kept leaning into things like the checkpoint from the Nomad opening, even if it was inconvenient later in the game.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

The introduction to Pacifica with the gunship blowing up the apartment in the distance and poo poo was cool. Then it's mostly just a ghost town instead of an oppressed ghetto. They should have kept leaning into things like the checkpoint from the Nomad opening, even if it was inconvenient later in the game.

I killed all the netrunners too to make it even more empty. They pissed me off, extremely rude people those

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i generally find space stations a rather boring setting, the only exception ive found is Prey, which is not without its own problems but overall a much better game and i have a hard time believing any cp2077 space dlc will live up even to that

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

agree, i also thought that bit was cool and i liked some of the side missions in that area, a dlc that flushes out pacifica sounds a lot more interesting imo

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Play posted:

I killed all the netrunners too to make it even more empty. They pissed me off, extremely rude people those

for some stupid reason the game didnt let me kill more vodoo boys with my gun so i had to run them over with my car

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Came into thread to talk about Cyberpunk. Now you fools have me picking up a copy of Alpha Protocol. What a ride

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

necrobobsledder posted:

Came into thread to talk about Cyberpunk. Now you fools have me picking up a copy of Alpha Protocol. What a ride

Where do you pick up Alpha Protocol these days?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Ice Phisherman posted:

Where do you pick up Alpha Protocol these days?

Physical copy or bust these days, I believe. Music rights lapsed so the game is in eternal limbo...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Legends foretell that when all 12 copies of Alpha Protocol are reunited, a new plane of consciousness will reveal itself to the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

exquisite tea posted:

Legends foretell that when all 12 copies of Alpha Protocol are reunited, a new plane of consciousness will reveal itself to the world.

We talking about Alpha Protocol in here again? What a coincidence: https://www.thegamer.com/alpha-protocol-making-of/