Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Tre Mann is only 6'3" with a +0.75 wingspan, not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Think Less posted:

The thunder need everything, but as someone who watched every single game they played last season, the two biggest needs are playmaking and rim protection. Sga was the only one who could reliably initiate the offense, and after horford sat, the paint was wide open.

This guy doesn't believe in poku smh

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Keon Johnson being only 6'3" has to hurt him right?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I don’t like Tre Mann but I would like to pair him with Terance Mann

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

Keon Johnson being only 6'3" has to hurt him right?

6'7" wingspan at least but yeah a little.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Metapod posted:

This guy doesn't believe in poku smh

lol. serious question though: what do you do with him until he puts on 40lbs of muscle? like, he has a basketball brain but other teams were going at him every time he was in because he blows away in a gentle breeze. play him at the 2 maybe?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Think Less posted:

lol. serious question though: what do you do with him until he puts on 40lbs of muscle? like, he has a basketball brain but other teams were going at him every time he was in because he blows away in a gentle breeze. play him at the 2 maybe?

Worked for KD

Either that or just play a shitload of zone

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Pictured: a dude who is definitely 6’3

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

They measured his hair

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Even with the hair that seems taller than I would have guessed but yeah they definitely couldn't get the hair to smush down to get his actual height and just gave up lol

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

how does this change our current Hair Theory?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Think Less posted:

you either gotta play him at the 3 or make him a healthy scratch. trying to find a way to use him outside of how you want him to play in the future is just gonna instill bad habits he's going to have to unlearn once he (hopefully) adds on that muscle

if he's unplayable in his current physical condition, assign him a dietician and trainer who will, if necessary, forcibly strap a feedbag to his face multiple times per day. if that doesn't work, move on to a feeding tube. given his overall strength levels, it doesn't seem like he'll be in a position to offer much resistance

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/NBADraftScoutin/status/1407393298839441415?s=19

this is harder to trust in light of the cooper thing but also ZIAIRE HIVE RISE UP

(it's just me and PD Web it is a small hive)

he’s the stanford guy, right? he’s probably someone who casual fans will look back on in five years and be like “how did he drop to 8”

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

he’s the stanford guy, right? he’s probably someone who casual fans will look back on in five years and be like “how did he drop to 8”

yeah. He was not that good last year but he had a big rear end knee brace for Unknown Reasons and the Stanford season was a mess since they had to flee campus and play the whole year on the road due to covid restrictions in palo alto. Loved his high school tape and some of the flashes he had really early in the year

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I’m on the Ziaire Train but I have zero ability to read prospects so that doesn’t mean anything

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Azathoth posted:

you either gotta play him at the 3 or make him a healthy scratch. trying to find a way to use him outside of how you want him to play in the future is just gonna instill bad habits he's going to have to unlearn once he (hopefully) adds on that muscle

if he's unplayable in his current physical condition, assign him a dietician and trainer who will, if necessary, forcibly strap a feedbag to his face multiple times per day. if that doesn't work, move on to a feeding tube. given his overall strength levels, it doesn't seem like he'll be in a position to offer much resistance

we'll see how the off-season goes. there basically wasn't one last year, and he showed really rapid development in terms of skills after going to the g-league.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/1407411078091481088?s=19

My boy is gonna get that Kevin Huerter bump

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I like Huerter's stroke a tiny bit better, but Wieskamp's form is really pretty too.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I like Huerter's stroke a tiny bit better, but Wieskamp's form is really pretty too.

I think Joe might be a better pure shooter but he's worse at pretty much everything else except maybe rebounding.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Where's the best place to watch this today? Leaguepass?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

toggle posted:

Where's the best place to watch this today? Leaguepass?

If you're in LA I think it'll be blacked out. Otherwise legally yes, it's the best place.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
i figured poku would get destroyed on defense last year but honestly, he was fairly solid on defense.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Azathoth posted:

Yeah this just isn't true

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

poku is a shooting guard, obviously

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

The Mobley #1 buzz is building from a bunch of draft people and I do not understand it at all

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
He shouldn't go in front of cade but he will be really good

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
People are saying it's inevitably going to be corrected since it looks like they used James Bouknight's exact measurements for Cooper

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

mobley's anywhere from the second to fourth best player in the draft depending on your feelings about the jalens and he's comfortably the best big in the draft

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I really like Mobley but he just doesn’t have the star upside that Cade and Green do

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

The Mobley #1 buzz is building from a bunch of draft people and I do not understand it at all

I don't think this is true, people just want to make it seem interesting.

I think he has plenty of star upside, he did a lot of interesting self creation stuff and I think he's going to shoot eventually, he was playing for an awful coach who played really stupid lineups that didn't maximize him. And he has DPOTY upside on the other end, I think he has a case as the best defensive big prospect since Davis. I would be fine taking him one in plenty of years, just not with Cade.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 23, 2021

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
1% chance.

Slick Leonard's wife Nancy is the Pacers representative.

Why not?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
If the Minnesota pick lands in top 3, do warriors get a pick next year?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I'm here for this. Deliver unto my Pistons the top pick.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

straight up brolic posted:

They measured his hair

amazing

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Calidus posted:

If the Minnesota pick lands in top 3, do warriors get a pick next year?

Yep, it's unprotected next year if not delivered this year.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

GS getting a Jalen would be cool

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Paperback Writer posted:

GS getting a Jalen would be cool

Jalen Johnson? Agreed

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

Jalen Johnson? Agreed

hey he's good

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
A nickname like Off Night is just asking to be roasted once you get to the NBA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I see the draft follows the same 'tip off is actually 15+ minutes after scheduled start' logic that the games follow