Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Mr Interweb posted:

how has no one reported that jorp's spawn got covid......AGAIN? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7VOdLRfpFA&t=28s

and this time she got the delta variant. apparently it's been bad enough for her that she's considering not being an anti-vaxx idiot anymore. hopefully she gave it to lobster daddy as well.
Evidently she's having Bret Weinstein on soon to talk about ivermectin, so she's still very much anti-vaxx.

Speaking of which, the main study supporting ivermectin was withdrawn due to the data being totally fraudulent, and Bret's response was to question the need for randomized controlled trials, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Zugzwang posted:

Evidently she's having Bret Weinstein on soon to talk about ivermectin, so she's still very much anti-vaxx.

Speaking of which, the main study supporting ivermectin was withdrawn due to the data being totally fraudulent, and Bret's response was to question the need for randomized controlled trials, lol

"I just want to be right, those pesky scientific standards keep getting in the way! :argh:"

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Mr Interweb posted:

how has no one reported that jorp's spawn got covid......AGAIN? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7VOdLRfpFA&t=28s

and this time she got the delta variant. apparently it's been bad enough for her that she's considering not being an anti-vaxx idiot anymore. hopefully she gave it to lobster daddy as well.

ahhhhh gently caress i forgot to open in incognito so my now my youtube reccos are going to be filled with chuds for the next 3 weeks. gently caress.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You can go to your YouTube history and tell YouTube to forget you clicked it! The algorithm hasn't recommended me any nazi poo poo for like months now. :eng101:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im not normally one to branch out with podcasts but this thread put me onto the Behind The Bastards on this guy and ho-lee poo poo is it informative and entertaining.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Poohs Packin posted:

Im not normally one to branch out with podcasts but this thread put me onto the Behind The Bastards on this guy and ho-lee poo poo is it informative and entertaining.

I've basically spent my last two weekends playing mindless video games and listening to how awful people like Paul Manafort, Elon Musk, and Jerry Falwell are, and I'm so glad it's been recommended to me.

Also, if you haven't listened to their 8-part series of their readthrough of Ben Shapiro's book, you really need to.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mojo1701a posted:

Also, if you haven't listened to their 8-part series of their readthrough of Ben Shapiro's book, you really need to.

i feel like this is too much of my precious life to dedicate to the thoughts of ben shapiro

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

mojo1701a posted:

I've basically spent my last two weekends playing mindless video games and listening to how awful people like Paul Manafort, Elon Musk, and Jerry Falwell are, and I'm so glad it's been recommended to me.

My personal favorite hidden gem on BtB is the episode on Steven Segal

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Rutibex posted:

i feel like this is too much of my precious life to dedicate to the thoughts of ben shapiro

I think you mean the thoughts of America's youngest brigadier general, Brett Hawthorne, a 6'3" bear of a man.

After listening to that, it boosted my confidence like nothing. If you've ever thought, "I could never do something like write a book. I'm not good enough," this will change your mind.

old beast lunatic posted:

That one, too. I stopped watching Steven Seagal Lawman after the first few episodes because the joke ran its course, but I had no idea he had moved on to Maricopa County after he was run out of Louisiana.

In fact, I'm honestly surprised that given everything, including the Russia stuff, his and Peterson's paths have never crossed.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Don't worry, no apple cider a day keeps the doctor away

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mojo1701a posted:

If you've ever thought, "I could never do something like write a book. I'm not good enough," this will change your mind.
:hmmyes:
a book is just 100 effort posts. anyone who posts can write a book

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

TheBizzness posted:

The real disease are those bangs.

BITE YOUR TONGUE

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Jordan Peterson is back, in pawg form

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

old beast lunatic posted:

Anything Seambaby touches is gold

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Start with what you can control. Make it clap.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Who What Now posted:

Anything Seambaby touches is gold

Emptyquoting for truth.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

deadking posted:

Jordan Peterson is back, in pawg form

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

here's a fun little collection of jorp's best jorp moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq7MfvnRUm0

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 11, 2021

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I heard that "I don't even own a television" podcast that reviewed his previous book while I was cleaning the house and, like, I already kinda wanted to stuff him in a locker from those two rando podcasters reading the dumb poo poo he wrote. I don't think I would survive an onslaught of hearing the guy talk without feeling the need to travel to whichever loving part of Canada he lives in and dumping his rear end on a trash bin.

e: Also lol, apparently between the time it took me to post this, it seems like the video got hit by a copyright complaint. :mmmhmm:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Mr Interweb posted:

here's a fun little collection of jorp's best jorp moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0ZDRhT6aWg

Copywrited by Channel 4 lmao

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Slotducks posted:

Copywrited by Channel 4 lmao

aw super lame :smith:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

okay try this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq7MfvnRUm0

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

from the compilation above, jorp argues that his comments about "crazy women" wasn't that he was implying he wants to actually hit women. but in typical jorp fashion he never actually explains what he meant and how everything he said doesn't eventually lead down to that road.

how else could anyone read his statements?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

looks like jorpy accidentally got his hands on the cider again

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

His daughter having to amend and classify everything he says doesnt bode well for the longevity of his personal brand. The guy is a flash in the pan.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The relationship between jorp and his daughter seems like it would fit nicely into an A24 horror film about some young people who break into the Peterson compound and discover jorp chained up in the basement.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The relationship between jorp and his daughter seems like it would fit nicely into an A24 horror film about some young people who break into the Peterson compound and discover jorp chained up in the basement.

DON'T YOU SWEAR AT ME YOU LITTLE poo poo, I AM YOUR DAUGHTER

*clucks tongue*

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Poohs Packin posted:

His daughter having to amend and classify everything he says doesnt bode well for the longevity of his personal brand. The guy is a flash in the pan.
Wasn't that more or less what his wife did previous to her starting to struggle with her cancer treatment?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

the anti-feminism professor who is utterly controlled by the women in his life. JP is like a cartoon character

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Rutibex posted:

the anti-feminism professor who is utterly controlled by the women in his life. JP is like a cartoon character
lol

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Maybe he's on a continuum with that nazi who dedicated his life to hating women and being a man going his own way because he hated his mother for forcing him to take his diarrhea medicine when he was a child.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rutibex posted:

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Even before his insane daughter was putting him in a coma so he could detox from benzos, he always just seemed so completely miserable and I honestly have no idea why anyone ever listened to him. It would be like taking life advice from a suicidal Kermit the frog

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the punditsphere isn't exactly uh flush with aspirational figures

turns out what the people really want isn't protips from a cool dude who has his life put together, it's a sad loser a lot like themselves very insistently telling them that the problems with their lives are all the fault of hairy-armed feminists and the globalist campaign of cultural bolshevism

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 22, 2021

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Rutibex posted:

The professor of psychology with a speciality in addictions getting addicted to a highly addictive substance that he was apparently unaware of the addictive nature of.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

"Get your poo poo together before you try to take on the world!"

*is a clinical psychologist*
*takes benzos for years like they're candy*
*blames his mental problems on drinking cider*
*quits benzos cold turkey*
*goes to a banned russian coma gulag to save himself from hardcore withdrawals*
*comes back to the public eye to show everybody how he's actually not owned*
*disappears from public eye immediately after another "medication" fucks him up*
*insists he's still not owned via his daughter as he's too hosed up to communicate anything coherently himself*

Ok dude.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

B-Rock452 posted:

Even before his insane daughter was putting him in a coma so he could detox from benzos, he always just seemed so completely miserable and I honestly have no idea why anyone ever listened to him. It would be like taking life advice from a suicidal Kermit the frog

When you're already miserable, you kind of assume that being miserable is just a natural state of being, and you don't really believe that it's possible to be genuinely content with life.

Also Peterson told people that they don't have to worry about the big problems of the world because you have to start with yourself, and also said that the big problems were because of feminism and Marxism and therefore there's nothing that I, a random sad sack who can't get a girlfriend, need to change in my life, beyond making my bed and fixing my posture. (Which are pretty common ways to improve one's mood, so clearly Peterson knows what he's talking about, because I'm feeling better now!)

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

B-Rock452 posted:

jorp has mentioned that he's been suffering from depression since he was 13, and has/had god knows how many other mental/physical problems.

but of course, that never stopped his holy lobsterness from going out and changing the world for some strange reason :iiam:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
jorpazepam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the punditsphere isn't exactly uh flush with aspirational figures

turns out what the people really want isn't protips from a cool dude who has his life put together, it's a sad loser a lot like themselves very insistently telling them that the problems with their lives are all the fault of hairy-armed feminists and the globalist campaign of cultural bolshevism

I feel like JP is actually a bit brilliant, but not in the way that he presents himself explicitly. He's well aware of his appeal and has carefully engineered and presented himself to lead people down that all too appealing* alt-right rabbit hole without (very often) saying things that are explicitly insane. In that way he's done what he's always wanted to do, which is grow a following and increase his influence. He hems and haws and waffles and presents himself in such a way so as to appeal to people of very average intelligence, which are the majority of people. He's aped fellow academics and then inserted himself into an already established sphere of thought and punditry. He hasn't done anything profound, just started towing the party line at the right time and applying a thin veneer of professorial authority. He's taken the same messaging that blowhards like Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh have been spouting for years and tweaking it slightly to appeal to mostly young white men who consider themselves to have things somewhat figured out.

He probably could've chosen to done this with any sort of ideology, but chose the right-wing western superiority stuff because hey, its a lot easier to gain a following when the messaging is already consistent with the current messaging of the ruling class. The alt-right tend to also be an excitable bunch and wave the flag of their proponents harder than other, more pensive ideologies. All the "Cultural Marxism" stuff is clearly bullshit but it creates a straw man for people to shout at while confirming capitalism as #1 forever and always gently caress you got mine, etc.

He got his timing right too. He started doing his speaking tours around 2016-2017. This was a point when the alt-right was incredibly vocal. Its right before Trump came into office. The guy seems to have had his finger on the pulse in some regard and was able to grift a fair few people into thinking he was worth following.

*empircally, not intrinsically.