Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Tubgoat posted:

I guess I didn't go back far enough to learn that "both shows" does not in fact refer to both Ducktales cartoons. Carry on.

In the context of the post, they were asking if the VAs from DT2017 were also in thr 2017 Three Cabelleros cartoon. 5 seconds of reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Jose and Panchito have different voice actors in both shows, yes. Tony Anselmo is the only consistent factor.

And I assume neither set are the actors that played those characters in their movie of origin?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Larryb posted:

And I assume neither set are the actors that played those characters in their movie of origin?

Pretty sure those VA died decades ago? Unless there is some three Caballero movie you are talking about that wasn't wwii propoganda

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Pretty sure those VA died decades ago? Unless there is some three Caballero movie you are talking about that wasn't wwii propoganda

That’s what I figured. Nevermind then

I assume said movie wasn’t very good then (I never actually saw it myself)?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The Three Caballeros is my favorite Disney film and I will not apologize.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Sockser posted:

The Three Caballeros is my favorite Disney film and I will not apologize.

Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land deserves a reboot.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Tubgoat posted:

Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land deserves a reboot.

Hell yes, I still have my vhs copy

drunkencarp
Feb 14, 2012
Still not on D+ which is kind of baffling

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Alacron posted:

If you're older than Launchpad, please join me in screaming into your pillows.

Postnomancy, I guess, but I am 19 years, 21 days older than Launchpad.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Larryb posted:

That’s what I figured. Nevermind then

I assume said movie wasn’t very good then (I never actually saw it myself)?

As I recall, it's short even by early Disney standards and emphasizes music over plot.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
It was part of a government-funded cultural outreach program. Jose Carioca exists because the US State Department was worried about Brazil allying with the Nazis.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Three Caballeros is a string of vaguely-connected songs, of which far too many contain horny Donald Duck trying to hit on live-action human women.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nameless Pete posted:

It was part of a government-funded cultural outreach program. Jose Carioca exists because the US State Department was worried about Brazil allying with the Nazis.

Jose Carioca, anti-fascist icon.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

YggiDee posted:

Three Caballeros is a string of vaguely-connected songs, of which far too many contain horny Donald Duck trying to hit on live-action human women.

And yet it manages to stand head and shoulders above all the other non-Bambi wartime Disney films

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Nameless Pete posted:

the US State Department was worried about Brazil allying with the Nazis.
That Psyduck-hydra except instead of Psyduck, it's ironicat.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Nameless Pete posted:

They wanted to make sure that the "boys from Brazil" were US/Disney fans.

I've been doing a random rewatch and I love the bit from the beginning of "The Split Sword of Swanstantine" with Scrooge realizing he's accidentally kidnapped Lena and Violet.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Everyone posted:

They wanted to make sure that the "boys from Brazil" were US/Disney fans.

I've been doing a random rewatch and I love the bit from the beginning of "The Split Sword of Swanstantine" with Scrooge realizing he's accidentally kidnapped Lena and Violet.

He should try dealing with Cheryl, Pam and Ray.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Tubgoat posted:

They're adults. Scrooge would just fire them or turn them over to Mrs. Beakley to terrify into shape. The thing that's funny about him yanking Lena and Violet along is that he accidentally abducted someone else's children for one of his family's wacky/dangerous treasure hunts.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lena's an orphan, so it's okay.

Also :lol: at classifying Cheryl Tunt as an adult.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Tubgoat posted:

Well, physically, she is (assuming physical age can be ascribed to an animated character). Mentally/emotionally I cede your point (of course mentally/emotionally I'm not sure how many actual real-life adults could pass muster at "being an adult.")

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Tubgoat posted:

Didn't she get adopted by Violet's Dads?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

bunnyofdoom posted:

Didn't she get adopted by Violet's Dads?

They never specifically said that, IIRC Lena ended up living with Violet and called her sister, so I'd say yes, she got adopted by Violet's dads.

I suspect that Scrooge helped that along by making sure that Lena had some kind identity paper trail (birth/hatch certificate, Duckworld Social Security number, etc.), likely recommended/provided appropriate lawyers and otherwise greased various wheels and cut through whatever red tape he needed to so the adoption could be fast-tracked.

One thing that's good to keep in mind about Scrooge is that he's one shrewd mother-ducker. Lena being adopted by the Sabrewings keep Lena in Webby proximity (and as part of Scrooge's extended, non-blood-related "family"). I think if there had been no other choice, Scrooge would have adopted Lena himself. However, Scrooge is smart enough to see the problems that would come with that. There would be possible hard feeling about the will/inheritance with Scrooge suddenly acquiring a new "daughter." Also, figure that being Scrooge's daughter would make Lena a target for Scrooge's enemies and even more of a target (for manipulation) for Scrooge's "friends." (and God-drat I miss Season 4 of Ducktales even more now) Best to dodge all that if possible and it was.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
I forgot about The Three Caballeros premiering Aug 7 on Disney XD. Anyone else see it and was it any good?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Scrooge would probably just have Donald adopt any extraneous youths he acquires, he's clearly both enough of a sucker and a pretty good dad.

Tubgoat posted:

Given the quality of Scrooge's personal employees, I'm sure he'd manage fine with them. Probably better than Malory ever did.

Actually, Scrooge and Malory would probably end up with both bitter rivalry and sexual tension.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I want to believe that Scrooge wouldn't make as many homophobic jokes at one of his employees' expenses.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

My 4 year old loves this show

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

paradoxGentleman posted:

I want to believe that Scrooge wouldn't make as many homophobic jokes at one of his employees' expenses.

Of course not. Scrooge may be a dick, but he's not a bigoted rear end in a top hat.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Wait what. Am I missing something?

Is Mallory from the comics?

Homophobic jokes?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Archer.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

QuarkJets posted:

My 4 year old loves this show

Your 4 year old has good taste.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Wait what. Am I missing something?

Is Mallory from the comics?

Homophobic jokes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYMBf_0HqS4

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Everyone posted:

I forgot about The Three Caballeros premiering Aug 7 on Disney XD. Anyone else see it and was it any good?

It's ok. It's a fun enough show but don't expect it to be doing anything big or groundbreaking the way Ducktales did.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Mallory is the Darkseid of Bad Moms.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
More the Gendo Ikari. Or maybe Jonas Venture.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

More the Gendo Ikari. Or maybe Jonas Venture.

In terms of bad parenting Jonas Venture is way scarier than Darkseid.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Double-posting but I don't care because *points at thread title*

Just doing a bit of a selected re watch of "The Most Dangerous Game... Night" "The Split Sword of Swanstantine" and "Beaks in the Shell." I like the way that "Game Night" kind of digs into Louie's fear and character. "Swanstantine" is great due to the accidental kidnapping of the Saberwing sisters. Meanwhile it and "Beaks in the Shell" have me very much looking forward to Jameela Jamil in She-Hulk.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Ducktales is getting an actual Art book!

https://twitter.com/KenPlume/status/1516642442925199366

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Everyone posted:

In terms of bad parenting Jonas Venture is way scarier than Darkseid.

Did Venture ever murder his own Children?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MonsterEnvy posted:

Not for lack of trying (then there's the whole "is the Rusty we're seeing a clone of the original Rusty" thing.)

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

MonsterEnvy posted:

Not willfully, usually, but still very frequently. There's a reason he had all those cloning chambers for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Funky Valentine posted:

Not for lack of trying (then there's the whole "is the Rusty we're seeing a clone of the original Rusty" thing.)

I mean...we DO know that Rusty is a clone. The only thing is a clone of whom? The original Rusty? A clone of Jonas gone sideways? Who knows!?