Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'd guess it was in order to not be actually charged with anything

charged with what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

new york state senate was the one where the dems started campaigning against other democrats to prevent a supermajority and maintain gridlock?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/status/1425128790083227650?s=20

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

it's going to bother him until his last breath that trump shook off two impeachment proceedings while he immediately caved and resigned

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

presumably even worse skeletons in the closet we'll never hear of, no way he resigned over anything which has already made its way into the news.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Stringent posted:

charged with what?

one of the things the investigation found was that he was retaliating against his accusers. that is a crime

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

one of the things the investigation found was that he was retaliating against his accusers. that is a crime

cheers

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Mr. Nice! posted:

the scenario where the white house tries to stop offshore drilling and a republican appointed judge stops it? did you read the article?

You don't understand, every single employee of the Federal government is in fact Joe Biden. And thus every action they take is the direct and personal action of Joe Biden himself.

fart simpson posted:

did you read the one i posted a few days ago showing the biden admin is approving new drilling permits at the highest rate since 2008

"The Biden Admin" meaning an agency that is filled with 4 years' worth of people hired by Trump appointees, who are trying to get everything moved as fast as possible before they get swept out the door.

Remember shortly after Trump was elected, when the forrest service twitter was continuing to post about climate change and people were applauding it some act of defiance? That kind of poo poo isn't especially rare, that was just unique for being public. Federal agencies are made up of individuals with their own personal and political agenda. When the administration in charge holds different views than most of the people in that agency, it can take some time for change to happen (because the folks in the agency can slow-roll it, and it takes time to replace those people).

But of course, when you are masturbating to the idea of "the cool zone" then you need Joe Biden to be a satan-level threat instead of an effective center-left politician, so every possible problem with him must be exaggerated as much as possible.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if he did a crime while he was governor him not being governor in the future isn't a defense

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

if he did a crime while he was governor him not being governor in the future isn't a defense

i would probably want the power afforded by the office to fight something like that yeah

then again if i were governor of an entire state i would simply not sexually harass my employees

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

LanceHunter posted:

But of course, when you are masturbating to the idea of "the cool zone" then you need Joe Biden to be a satan-level threat instead of an effective center-left politician, so every possible problem with him must be exaggerated as much as possible.

lol

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

LanceHunter posted:

this is true and the recent eviction moratorium fuckup shouldn't distract y'all from how effective biden has been at

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

LanceHunter posted:

You don't understand, every single employee of the Federal government is in fact Joe Biden. And thus every action they take is the direct and personal action of Joe Biden himself.

"The Biden Admin" meaning an agency that is filled with 4 years' worth of people hired by Trump appointees, who are trying to get everything moved as fast as possible before they get swept out the door.

Remember shortly after Trump was elected, when the forrest service twitter was continuing to post about climate change and people were applauding it some act of defiance? That kind of poo poo isn't especially rare, that was just unique for being public. Federal agencies are made up of individuals with their own personal and political agenda. When the administration in charge holds different views than most of the people in that agency, it can take some time for change to happen (because the folks in the agency can slow-roll it, and it takes time to replace those people).

yeah poor joe biden, this poor guy just getting whipped around by the whims of those maga chuds in the EPA, powerless to influence anything

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

that said a powerful person being temporarily embarrassed and "retiring" to a multimillion dollar tv contract strongly stimulates liberals' west wing gland because on the tv show the character simply would not appear again

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Truman Peyote posted:

yeah poor joe biden, this poor guy just getting whipped around by the whims of those maga chuds in the EPA, powerless to influence anything

at least it kept trump out, because in the same position he could have done anything

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Truman Peyote posted:

It's mind blowing to even make that type of argument considering what Trump accomplished in 4 years.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's mind blowing to even make that type of argument considering what Trump accomplished in 4 years.

a tax cut for corporations?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I'm pretty sure there's some part of cuomo that thinks he'll be able to bounce back from this in a couple years, and that resigning is just a way to ensure he doesn't get barred from holding state office again. dude really wants the 4-peat that his dad couldn't get.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

LanceHunter posted:

<whispering loudly at a press conference> didn't read

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah it's too bad all the federal agencies are full of trump appointees. If only someone could appoint someone else to those roles.

What ever happened to all those un-filled federal positions from the trump admin anyway? Did Biden admin fill them out?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

kitten emergency posted:

I'm pretty sure there's some part of cuomo that thinks he'll be able to bounce back from this in a couple years, and that resigning is just a way to ensure he doesn't get barred from holding state office again. dude really wants the 4-peat that his dad couldn't get.

possibly, but i think that with his track record it is at least as likely that he got some ultimatum based on some even worse poo poo he did in his past, the kind where his family would walk out and he might face actual jail time, and had to quit. to join the network tv circus probably, but i'd be surprised if he ever runs for anything again.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

mediaphage posted:

i wonder if this was arranged in lieu of charges being filed

could be but i also think he would’ve been convicted via impeachment had he dug his heels in.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

possibly, but i think that with his track record it is at least as likely that he got some ultimatum based on some even worse poo poo he did in his past, the kind where his family would walk out and he might face actual jail time, and had to quit. to join the network tv circus probably, but i'd be surprised if he ever runs for anything again.

yeah, I'm not entirely sure he's gonna skate on charges in Albany either. he can pull the "ohhh I'm italianx and this is my heritage" poo poo all he wants but the law is pretty clear on retaliation.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

LanceHunter posted:

joe biden is a satan level threat. he is the enemy of every living being on earth, he is one of those with the boot on your neck and on the necks of your children, he is a rapist and a pedophile, and has dedicated his life to upholding systemic racism and the concentration of wealth and power away from us and into the hands of the ruling class. gently caress you.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

anyway, if biden is powerless to help with climate change, then why bother at all?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

joe biden is a satan level threat. he is the enemy of every living being on earth, he is one of those with the boot on your neck and on the necks of your children, he is a rapist and a pedophile, and has dedicated his life to upholding systemic racism and the concentration of wealth and power away from us and into the hands of the ruling class. gently caress you.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

fart simpson posted:

anyway, if biden is powerless to help with climate change, then why bother at all?

I never said powerless. I just pointed out that there are political headwinds that must be overcome (agency slow-rolling, conservative judges, etc) and when people try to point to things like a judge giving an injunction as proof that Biden wasn't planning on doing anything all along, it's a wild mis-read of the situation.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lmfao
center left

hahhahahahah

oh my god dude lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

bump_fn posted:

lmfao
center left

hahhahahahah

oh my god dude lol

i had the same response

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

man america doesn't even have a *center* party

approaching center-left is straight up communism to 90% of freedomlanders

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

literal architect of some of the most intentionally racist legislation in the last 30 years

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Wait this dipshit is for real? lmao I thought they were just doing a bit to workshop source-your-quote posts

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

LanceHunter posted:

I never said powerless. I just pointed out that there are political headwinds that must be overcome (agency slow-rolling, conservative judges, etc) and when people try to point to things like a judge giving an injunction as proof that Biden wasn't planning on doing anything all along, it's a wild mis-read of the situation.

planning on doing anything versus giving a poo poo if nothing gets done what's the difference?

what kind of loving trust fund are you sitting on that you don't care about the difference?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bump_fn posted:

lmfao
center left

hahhahahahah

oh my god dude lol

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

LanceHunter posted:

even ignoring the new drilling that the biden admin has affirmatively moved forward it's pretty hard to continue accepting this excuse for """"""""center-left""""""" politicians when every tepid, half-assed attempt at doing something useful is abandoned the first time there's some mild and utterly predictable obstacle

like, i dont think biden wasn't planning on doing anything all along. i think he was planning on pushing something that a court would inevitably block so that it doesn't look like his fault that nothing is getting done.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

where's my money joe

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wher s my studen loan forgivness

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

thanks for giving the cops an extra 300 million dollars joe, very center left of you

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

has he decriminalized marijuana? Do we have guaranteed sick leave yet? How's his progress on eliminating cash bail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

fart simpson posted: