Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

J
Jun 10, 2001

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah this was a mind blower for me too when I found out.

Still haven't figured out a good way to navigate the Vaal City in A7, that's my most hated story map.

Go northwest and then look and see if you get a cliff or a wall. If it's a wall, how far away is it and is it wide or short? This image shows how to move through each variation.

https://imgur.com/Bc2qjKf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I've never played aura stacker before, so it's possible my suggestions may be missing something important, but anyways -

- Your EHP pools (specifically for phys and chaos) are really low. Could you slot in Steelskin somehwere (unless you're running a guard skill I'm missing)? That'd give a big boost, although idk what your socket availability is. Also, do you have any way to link Fortify to your leap slam?
- It also looks like you're not shock/ignite immune. Shock in particular is super deadly. I don't have any specific suggestions here (and I doubt there's enough wiggle room on your tree to fix this), but just something to keep in mind.

I'm pretty socket-starved, so I wasn't running a guard skill (heh... oops). I do have one free socket -- was gonna slot RF but I don't quite have the regen to support it right now anyway. I can also get Clarity/Vitality on amulet which can free up another slot for Fortify.

I'm shock immune via Watcher's Eye. Ignite I just pray to regen through; poison has been the bigger issue so far really.

CubeTheory posted:

Can't look at your PoB right now, but do you have Divergent Determination?

Holy balls, I had no idea what divergent did. So THAT'S why others have been running Determination. This explains everything.

Wuxi posted:

A 300 ES Hubris and a 8% ES jewel will put you just shy of 5k ES, which while not terribly much is still 25% more of what you currently have.
Everything else looks to be big ticket upgrades, unless you're willing to drop dps. Obviously dropping CotB and Hatred would solve a lot of problems, giving you more slots for ES and less reservation problems, but I have a really hard time translating Spark PoB dps into real dps, so I have no idea how viable that is.

Yeah 'barely functional' is pretty accurate, heh.

Alpha's Howl is pretty hard for me to give up right now. Asides from being dirt cheap, I don't have a good answer for freeze unless I give up my boots, which then means I'll need to find another socket somewhere, which is then getting into big ticket territory.

Re: CotB, actually that might not be a bad idea. I wonder if I can drop one of them and run Trinity instead. (Or just drop Hatred entirely and get a socket back.)

Anyway, thank you all. Gave me a lot of avenues to think about and an even bigger shopping list I can't really afford!

e: Should also mention that I've been PoB-ing up a Guardian which seems tankier AND does more damage, at least at my gear levels. So that's another thing I've been thinking about. Guardian doesn't seem terribly popular on poe.ninja, though, although everyone on there has way better gear than I do so...

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 22, 2021

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
The only other one that gets me every time is coming into Solaris Temple from Imperial Fields in A8, I somehow always manage to go to the Concourse Exit instead of the Level 2 stairs every single time.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Aerox posted:

The only other one that gets me every time is coming into Solaris Temple from Imperial Fields in A8, I somehow always manage to go to the Concourse Exit instead of the Level 2 stairs every single time.

that's fine as long as you grab the waypoint as you go through. you can do lunaris and solaris temple in a8 in any order

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Jazerus posted:

that's fine as long as you grab the waypoint as you go through. you can do lunaris and solaris temple in a8 in any order

I have a system and always do Solaris second because it’s faster to get to the bridge from Lunaris Concourse’s WP. You skip Solaris Concourse entirely.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Aerox posted:

I have a system and always do Solaris second because it’s faster to get to the bridge from Lunaris Concourse’s WP. You skip Solaris Concourse entirely.

ah i see, i go to solaris first and then cross the bridge over to lunaris. that way you can skip the grand promenade entirely.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

facepalmolive posted:

e: Should also mention that I've been PoB-ing up a Guardian which seems tankier AND does more damage, at least at my gear levels. So that's another thing I've been thinking about. Guardian doesn't seem terribly popular on poe.ninja, though, although everyone on there has way better gear than I do so...
I haven't played aura stacking since Delirium since its so annoying to put together in SSF, but back then the rule of thumb was that Guardian is strictly superior unless you have 3 3p voices. Getting all charges and close to curse immunity for free is so good

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I go whichever way in act 8 on a whim depending on how I feel that day.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Was this season a wash? After reading about all of the nerfs to, well, basically any skill I was interested in at the time and have used up to this point, I've been out of it, wondering if the introduction of Ward is helping with one-shots or if Ancestral Call is extremely good to pair with said ward.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i dont think ward is very popular, except maybe pathfinder poison stuff with the unique gloves.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

there's not much you can do to scale ward so basically it's an unsatisfying meme at the moment. hopefully if it goes core, they'll do things to let you actually utilize it

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I finished my tour of arpgs and it was pretty interesting.

D3: is about the same as it has been. The new teal weapons are interesting but they don't work with alot of builds. The fully equipable followers are neat but meh. The season journey is short and sweet.

Torchlight 1: super dated game. Prob would never play this game again because you just down down levels until the end of the game just like diablo 1.

Torchlight 2: This game was alot more fun that I initially saw in it. Played the whole game through as a berserker on elite and it was tough and super hard. Then I played it to act 3 as an embermage and it was extremely easy. Melee just get owned this game. And I'm surprised how they also owned ranged playstyles by having such a short view distance were all the bad guys just turn immune to your dmg. The story in this game wasn't too bad for an arpg, it was pretty much a retelling of diablo 2 much like torchlight 1 was retelling diablo 1. Respec mods saved the game for me.

Grim Dawn: this was pretty interesting. I can't believe someone made an arpg were all you do is stand in melee range and hold down your mouse buttons and that's all the depth of combat gets. It also has warrior charge from WOW so that's pretty funny. The story is kinda laughable also because you are possessed by the mountian dew people and they seem like a big threat for the entire game until you get at the end and then they just slide another villian into the game. You go into the new bad guys blood dungeon and fight a huge vagina monster that shoots blood while fighting it. It was also the first non-human bipel monster boss in like the entire game that wasn't just a reskin of some trash monster you kill.

The class system seems interesting but to go further I either need to play the entire game again on another difficulty or buy $30 bucks of dlc to continue. I might play some more of this. I could also see myself more interested in a Grim Dawn 2 if that ever happens.

Here's a picture of the final boss, it looks cool but it was the only cool looking monster in the game.

POE: I guess that brings me right back to poe. POE is just on another level than these other games because it gets updated every month. The story is leagues shorter than these other games and really is the only game that offers an endgame outside of replaying the game over outside of D3. Melee feels great in poe and so do casters. D3 gets updates and I'm not sure but I also think Grim Dawn is still getting them(? don't know for sure). The other games seem like a good change from POE but I really can't see them beating a game that is getting constant updates.

Grim Dawn really showed the difference in boss fights that POE gives you. Even D3 has more interesting boss fights than Grim Dawn and that says alot. The boss fights in poe are just perfect nuggets of fun gameplay except uber atziri.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 22, 2021

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how Wolcen isn't included.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

what's the deal with the wiki? normally new skills and mechanics get pages like the day after league start but so far eye of winter is MIA, ward has only a cursory overview written before 3.15 hit, etc.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Jazerus posted:

what's the deal with the wiki? normally new skills and mechanics get pages like the day after league start but so far eye of winter is MIA, ward has only a cursory overview written before 3.15 hit, etc.

Someone started a project to move the wiki off of fandom so nobody is bothering to update anything until the new one is up

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Fandom is garbage so a lot of people are unhappy with the wiki right now.

Also I heard the person who maintained PyPOE stopped and so some of the datamining stuff they used to do to auto-update the wiki isn't necessarily working right now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The new wiki hurts my eyes and most of the tables for things is loving awful looking now with the new layout.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah this was a mind blower for me too when I found out.

Still haven't figured out a good way to navigate the Vaal City in A7, that's my most hated story map.

like 90% of the time the walls are in the shape of a U or of an L, with the wp and next zone in the middle of the U or L

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Question for the people that rush maps in a new league and get quick atlas progression - When do you start doing side content like Heists? I have decided I want to go hard next league since the last time I really played a lot of endgame was before the Conquerors in Legion. This league I have been doing SSF and trying to get to t14+ maps trying out a few different builds, resetting my ssf league each time I make a new guy. I feel like I have got the Conqueror strat down pretty well but I want to hear from others about when they deviate from the atlas grind to do the side stuff. I am definitely looking to make currency in the first few days by being able to get stuff from Red maps, so I wonder if I should just ignore everything that isn't watchstone/maven progression until like the second week.

Not playing SSF next league, just using it to simulate a fresh start in this league since the league seems like kind of a bust and I was on vacation the first 2 weeks.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

soscannonballs posted:

When do you start doing side content like Heists?

I haven't done heists since heist league. If you don't like them don't do them, if you like them then do them whenever you want.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Here are some ublock filters to make the wiki slightly less bad to look at https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/olkq2n/ublock_filters_to_make_the_wiki_usable_again/

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

Has anyone tried Behead Support with Dominating Blow? Apparently each minion can steal a buff, which sounds kinda neat if you get a bunch of minions with a bunch of auras all stacking on each other.It also works with other minions that use strikes such as skeletons or specific spectres. I'm not sure how well it actually works in practice though.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Torchlight 2: This game was alot more fun that I initially saw in it. Played the whole game through as a berserker on elite and it was tough and super hard. Then I played it to act 3 as an embermage and it was extremely easy. Melee just get owned this game. And I'm surprised how they also owned ranged playstyles by having such a short view distance were all the bad guys just turn immune to your dmg. The story in this game wasn't too bad for an arpg, it was pretty much a retelling of diablo 2 much like torchlight 1 was retelling diablo 1. Respec mods saved the game for me.

This is a game where I have to go back and look for a guide to modding because it has quite a bit of Steam Workshop content backing it up.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Alright this wander is a blast through maps but is just too squishy for my liking. I can handle the occasional map boss death or whatever, but Guardians/Conqs are just not realistic. I also almost bricked an Expedition yesterday cause of loving Desecrated Ground lmao. I could totally ignore that poo poo on my MoM/Agnostic guy!

I've got probably around 25 ex liquid currently - any recommendations for solid boss killers that are VERY tanky but also have decent DPS so bosses aren't a total slog? The tanky part is super important - I am very bad at the game and get hit by poo poo constantly. My MoM/Agnostic Raider before this was great for this part cause the high EHP + rapid recovery made mistakes very forgiving.

Alternatively, if I liquidate this wander I'd probably end up around 40 to 50 ex - any build suggestions that can do it all for that budget? Basically the boss killing tankiness above combined with exploding the screen in maps.

e: also don't want to play any variation of SST, it is not visually appealing

After looking at ninja a little more, I think Mana Guardian may fill the needs of option 1, plus I've never played one. It looks like there's several variations, though (HoP, Spiders, Skele Mages) - anyone got any insight into the major differences? I know spiders would require a little more micromanagement on bosses, but if it's a lot more DPS it might be worth it

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

soscannonballs posted:

Question for the people that rush maps in a new league and get quick atlas progression - When do you start doing side content like Heists? I have decided I want to go hard next league since the last time I really played a lot of endgame was before the Conquerors in Legion. This league I have been doing SSF and trying to get to t14+ maps trying out a few different builds, resetting my ssf league each time I make a new guy. I feel like I have got the Conqueror strat down pretty well but I want to hear from others about when they deviate from the atlas grind to do the side stuff. I am definitely looking to make currency in the first few days by being able to get stuff from Red maps, so I wonder if I should just ignore everything that isn't watchstone/maven progression until like the second week.

Not playing SSF next league, just using it to simulate a fresh start in this league since the league seems like kind of a bust and I was on vacation the first 2 weeks.

heists in particular can be quite lucrative early because their low-level (68+) yields can be pretty compelling and everyone wants alt quality gems quickly on the first few days so they go for premium prices. if you enjoy them, do them, they aren't a waste of time. more currency lets you buy watchstones and scale the atlas even if you aren't doing lots of maps straight away.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Heist is one of the best mechanics they ever put in the game (even though it doesn't "fit" well with typical ARPG adventure and it doesnt make much sense with certain playable characters).

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
In theory you actually could run heist instead of maps for endgame, right?

I feel like that new ballista support would be fun for that, not sure what ascendency would be best. Jugg? Physical impale champion? Heist needs tankiness, right?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The best Heist build is going to be something extremely fast while still being decently tanky, any good Raider or Gladiator build really. You want to be highly mobile, aoe isn't as important neither is actually high damage, so something like Cyclone is extremely good. Pathfinder poison is a solid pick also because of how insane Plaguebearer is and the raw speed of boosted Quicksilver.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cinara posted:

The best Heist build is going to be something extremely fast while still being decently tanky, any good Raider or Gladiator build really. You want to be highly mobile, aoe isn't as important neither is actually high damage, so something like Cyclone is extremely good. Pathfinder poison is a solid pick also because of how insane Plaguebearer is and the raw speed of boosted Quicksilver.

in heist league i did a lacerate gladiator and it was extremely good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Heist makes sense once you sit down and actually do it

It doesn’t make much sense just by looking at it

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Heist would be a lot better if they did something about it being optimal to open the final door to the last prize and then backtrack to the little chests to open as many as you can with 1 second still left on the clock to get the final item.

Or how you could just ignore the final item on most contracts if your rogue's are already leveled to get more chests instead.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

euphronius posted:

Heist makes sense once you sit down and actually do it

It doesn’t make much sense just by looking at it

PoE: It doesn’t make much sense just by looking at it

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

boo_radley posted:

PoE: It doesn’t make much sense just by looking at it

flashbacks to opening skill tree for first time

also, title

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Cinara posted:

Wait does pathfinder prolif plaguebearer?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Kitava is the first enemy I've seen so much expanded upon (other than Malachai, I guess, but he's motivations and endgoal are really specific and vague at the same time), and I don't think he/she was treated fairly:( same with Sin and Innocence, actually, but I didn't fight Sin. And he was also not a whale.

Thanks for the explenation about story maps:) I suppose even if I won't be able to memorize the map, not bothering with side objectives, dialogues and just running to the exit will simplify the process anyway.

I do wish there was (or maybe there is, but I don't know what I'm talking about?) some "sanity switch" for weapons' links... A monster from the prophecy dropped an Unique Bow (I don't remember the name, it looks a bit like a harp) with great modifiers and really useful for me: only it has a linked Blue and Red socket, so actually useless. I suppose I'll raise its quality and throw some Orbs at it, but it really strange. I know passive tree being shared means my Ranger could go to the Strength Nodes and whatnot, but the bow requires Dexterity anyway. Oh well, the game's balanced around crafting, maybe someone who wanted the same bow with a Red socket would be unhappy with a Green one;)

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Tabletops posted:

Wait does pathfinder prolif plaguebearer?

No

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
So my RF inquisitor hit 91 last night and i start feeling the dps wall despite heavy investment, sooo... ive been looking for something else to waste my life with and stumbled upon this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlIQwS0CeQA

Since im a sucker for catchy titles this immediatly caught my eye, and i must sa this guy sell its really well

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Szurumbur posted:

I do wish there was (or maybe there is, but I don't know what I'm talking about?) some "sanity switch" for weapons' links... A monster from the prophecy dropped an Unique Bow (I don't remember the name, it looks a bit like a harp) with great modifiers and really useful for me: only it has a linked Blue and Red socket, so actually useless.

You can change the number and colour of sockets through a couple of different means. Chromatic Orbs for colours, jewellers for amount, and fusings for linking the sockets

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

frajaq posted:

Heist is one of the best mechanics they ever put in the game (even though it doesn't "fit" well with typical ARPG adventure and it doesnt make much sense with certain playable characters).

I really like it, the items you can get from it are wild, but I still can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I figure it would be something nice to get into if a league mechanic is bad to just ignore the base game, sort of like Delve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

NPR Journalizard posted:

You can change the number and colour of sockets through a couple of different means. Chromatic Orbs for colours, jewellers for amount, and fusings for linking the sockets

Yes, I know:) Though I suppose the next sentence may not be as clear as I wanted it to be.