Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I'm happy the 90s as gently caress neon lights are there to let us know how cool this club is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
This is as good as time as any to bring up how they put an enormous Holli Would on the Hollywood sign as part of the advertising campaign.

I have no idea if some producers thought that this would actually be big, or if they were just fantastically desperate.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 23, 2021

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

40% of this film's budget went on painstakingly crafted rotoscopes of kim basinger

I could believe it.

Are they noids as in "humanoids" or are they noids as in "nerds" with a cartoonish over-accent?

Is Brad Pitt haunted by the contents of a brown paper bag he bought at an anime fair in 1990?

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

goatface posted:

Are they noids as in "humanoids" or are they noids as in "nerds" with a cartoonish over-accent?

The former, I think. But if I am wrong, then gently caress, because that it literally the one thing in this dumb movie that makes any sense to me.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
There's something of a character design point that always bothered me about Holli - she isn't sexy. She has an old auntie hairdo, she's wearing plain white, and she dances in frantic aerobics flailings. The still pencil drawings on Jack's worktable are more appealing than the animated version.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mr.Chill posted:

There's something of a character design point that always bothered me about Holli - she isn't sexy. She has an old auntie hairdo, she's wearing plain white, and she dances in frantic aerobics flailings. The still pencil drawings on Jack's worktable are more appealing than the animated version.

boob

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr.Chill posted:

The bunny suit is doing some heavy lifting but yeah she is a pretty mediocre waifu.

We've come so far since those days.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Meme Poker Party posted:

The bunny suit is doing some heavy lifting

I'll say!

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Is Brad Pitt the protagonist or the other guy? No one seems to be actually moving the story along and I don't know why anyone is doing anything.

You have just described every single Ralph Bakshi film. Also, I just looked it up and HOLY poo poo he's still alive!

Edit: His last project was a short in 2016 called The Last Days of Coney Island, funded by Kickstarter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri4iphUqShM

Stryder fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 23, 2021

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Stryder posted:

You have just described every single Ralph Bakshi film. Also, I just looked it up and HOLY poo poo he's still alive!

Edit: His last project was a short in 2016 called The Last Days of Coney Island, funded by Kickstarter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri4iphUqShM

I just skipped to a random spot in that and it was a stampede of scribbly, nekkid bbws trampling across the screen lol

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
brad pitt came home to his beautiful cartoon house and his beautiful cartoon girlfriend, drying her cartoon hair at the sink. "hey, sexy!" he said.

"mm, it's the man with the badge," purred lonette.

"in the flesh!" said brad pitt as he pretended to touch her hair.

he went over to the window and gazed out moodily into the night. lonette snuck up and grasped him from behind.

she felt him resisting her affections.

was holli would the problem here?

yes, she was. lonette declared holli a "sleazy cow" and kissed brad pitt on the lips

but he pushed her away.

lonette asked him why.

"because we can never finish it, lonette, y'know? it's frustrating!" brad pitt cried, ineloquent in his anguish.

"i'm like a plug without a socket, y'know?"

lonette asked him if he'd ever done it in the real world, and if he'd ever thought about going back there so he could. "no," said brad pitt.

"baby, you and me, i couldn't have that in the real world. i can't live without you! but i can't be with you, y'know? what d'ya do? what d'ya do?"

as he lamented, lonette sat slowly blobbing from side to side like a lava lamp

suddenly she sprang to her feet and began to strip.

brad pitt could not resist

but just as he started toward her, at the worst possible moment,

brad pitt agonised for a second about what to do next.

throwing off all shame and decorum, he strode over to lonette and pawed at her cleavage like a wild beast as nails watched in horror.

lonette pretended she could feel his touch, but they both knew that she was faking it.

suddenly racked by emotion, brad pitt withdrew from lonette and swept out of the apartment without another word to her.

nails tried to start on about some bullshit; brad pitt told him to shuddup.

left alone, lonette breasted longingly.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

My exact visage reading this thread

To be clear, I will continue to read the tale of cool world

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can he not even get a handy?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Why can’t humans and cartoons gently caress? Has that been established?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Prof. Crocodile posted:

yes I too would like to know this

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Don't diddle the doodles, you noodles!

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

it makes all the cels sticky and doesn't animate properly. have none of u guys made professional cartoons before?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He should ram that guy's pen up his urethra and squirt himself full of ink so he only shoots cartoon sperm.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Is mouth stuff okay? Mutual masturbation?

What's definitely not cool about this world is the lack of clarity on this subject.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Is mouth stuff okay? Mutual masturbation?

What's definitely not cool about this world is the lack of clarity on this subject.

feeling like if Bakshi got the R rating he wanted there would be more than enough elucidation on the subject

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Because it’s illegal, immoral, and unnatural!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Ever cartoon has AIDS for humans, and every human has AIDS for cartoons. If they mingle their pingles they'll both get AIDS

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He should let her pos his neg hole.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
For a place called the Cool World these folks sure aren't very chill.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

there is literally nowhere else for the movie to go besides in circles around "humans can't gently caress doodles" and actually moving on to "oops some idiot actually hosed a doodle, crisis!" no other 'plot' threads exist

it's ridiculous that it is taking this long to get to the second part. the trailer already kind of gave it away that it's gonna happen

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
Lol that Lonette was very obviously designed with the intent of having Jennifer Tilly play her but they couldn't pull it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
When are they gonna get to the doodle loving factory! /cries

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This movie sucked but I enjoyed parts of it.

You think it haunts Brad Pitt?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

This movie sucked but I enjoyed parts of it.

Being in the movie? Nah, any actor with a career of that size is going to have been in some stinkers, it's just part of the biz.

Not getting to gently caress the doodles? Absolutely.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Shinjobi posted:

I'd think playing Chad in Burn After Reading would haunt him more since it's become a meme

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I want to become a big Hollywood movie producer so in like 30 years (or whenever all these people are dead) I can make a Wes Craven's New Nightmare esque movie but about Cool World and say that Brad Pitt did get to gently caress a cartoon.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
And the result is Danny Devito.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I've always kinda wanted to know what this movie was like but never wanted to actually spend any time watching it, so this thread is delivering in spades. I am completely aboard to learn about the horrible consequences of human-cartoon sexual relations

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Prof. Crocodile posted:

how do you propose to put a 3d something inside 2d anything

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

very carefully

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Look if Brad Pitt can put his 3D arm around cartoon lady’s 2D shoulder, he can put his 3D wing wang in her 2D hoo ha.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Look if Brad Pitt can put his 3D arm around cartoon lady’s 2D shoulder, he can put his 3D wing wang in her 2D hoo ha.

He's clearly hover-handing to avoid her infinitely sharp edges

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Cool World was the Dragon Con badge at one year.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would gently caress the doodle because the world deserves to end and obviously it can't be real anyway and I'm dreaming, blazed, or dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Stryder posted:

this sucked poo poo