Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

been replaying Okami lately and goddamn what a great game.

oddly horny at times though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

been streaming with my friend so we can bullshit together and just beat Orichi for the first time and my friend was like "well guess we should find another game soon".

i'm like lol that's barely a quarter of the game.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Man, I got a ps5, but after 100%ing bugsnax and astro bot, I'm not really feeling paying full price on any of the existing games... Maybe I'll just replay Control.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hello

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

MrQueasy posted:

Man, I got a ps5, but after 100%ing bugsnax and astro bot, I'm not really feeling paying full price on any of the existing games... Maybe I'll just replay Control.
just do some uhhhh ps now. idk if it works any better on ps5 compared to ps4. might load a bunch faster if you download locally instead of stream

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Shifty Pony posted:

what gets me is the pc is female and joins in on the horny for some of the women you meet.

so you play as a gay wolf.

good for her

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I somehow have never played uncharted despite owning a ps4 since it first came out. I started playing it this weekend, it's pretty fun. They should make more games like this.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I somehow have never played uncharted despite owning a ps4 since it first came out. I started playing it this weekend, it's pretty fun. They should make more games like this.

They're very chill "exciting" games. Nothing too taxing, but very pretty to look at and they don't overstay their welcome (mostly)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
they made 5 of them so you can stick with them for a good long while

now naughty dog just makes brutal murder games

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

if you're starting on the first and enjoy it, you're going to love the following ones. the second is a huge step up from the first.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they are excellent "dumb guy" games from 2 on. 1 isn't terrible just hadn't found its footing and now feels very dated compared to the rest

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/igotsilver/status/1442567469013430272?s=21

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Uncharted is just the video game equivalent of Indiana Jones or National Treasure. They're great.

Never played any of them past the PS3 days but they were real real good.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Uncharted 4 is the most satisfying wrap up to Nathan Drake's "career" that anyone could have hoped for. Absolutely gorgeous, and the story manages to stick its Uber-Schmaltz ending.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i always liked the uncharted games until i got about 3/4ths through. at that point the bullet sponges got so absurd that i stopped having much fun. finished 1 and 2, skipped 3, and gave up on 4 when it stopped being enjoyable

too bad, because they are great looking and have good stories

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sully fuckin rules, having a crotchety old dad as a semi-permanent companion turns out to be awesome

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

carry on then posted:

i always liked the uncharted games until i got about 3/4ths through. at that point the bullet sponges got so absurd that i stopped having much fun. finished 1 and 2, skipped 3, and gave up on 4 when it stopped being enjoyable

too bad, because they are great looking and have good stories
the last "act" of gameplay in uncharteds are always like this, yeah

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

came here to post this. what's with the explosion at the end

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i want to say my personal ranking was something like 3 > 2 > 4 > the vita one > 1. 2 and 4 can probably be swapped one way or the other. i never played the standalone "expansion" for 4

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
want a console but i dont like new games, thinking a ps3 is the sweet spot. problem is that super shiny finish they have looks super hosed up and grody after 12 years or whatever and im like ughhhhh i dont wanna pay 120 bucks for something that looks like one of those hp laptops that came pre-greased from the factory and then run through a rock tumbler

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You just got one of the fastest graphics cards on the planet. Why do you need a console now too?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
want to sit on the couch

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Jonny 290 posted:

want a console but i dont like new games, thinking a ps3 is the sweet spot. problem is that super shiny finish they have looks super hosed up and grody after 12 years or whatever and im like ughhhhh i dont wanna pay 120 bucks for something that looks like one of those hp laptops that came pre-greased from the factory and then run through a rock tumbler

are you looking for that first ps3 gen specifically? the first gen ones are super loud, apparently the second gen ones are much better and are also a matte finish.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
should i just get a high quality 30 foot HDMI and USB cable lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Endless Mike posted:

i want to say my personal ranking was something like 3 > 2 > 4 > the vita one > 1. 2 and 4 can probably be swapped one way or the other. i never played the standalone "expansion" for 4

lost legacy is real good and probably in the top 50% of anyone's ranking

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

Yes, or just the HDMI cable and an Xbox controller. that's what I do.

There's a remastered version of crash bandicoot on steam that is a lot of fun and also hard as gently caress. I don't remember the original game being that hard

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Also: Steam Big Picture Mode

Retroarch if you wanna get fancy and emulate. I don't think the PS3 emulator has a Retroarch core yet but it's supposedly getting pretty good.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

it’s good and worth it when it’s on sale. the same amount of polish, if not more, on a smaller game. i love the cast of characters they have and hope they find a way to keep the franchise going. i’d play a sully prequel series so hard.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

carry on then posted:

are you looking for that first ps3 gen specifically? the first gen ones are super loud, apparently the second gen ones are much better and are also a matte finish.

well i was wanting something that could also do psx/ps2 with no mod. but ive changed my mind b/c sagebrush (wisely) shamed me. im gonna just run my PC output to the big teevee and that'll be plenty for fun poo poo

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

steam big picture runs on the appletv now

just get that

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

PIZZA.BAT posted:

just get that

Oh yeah. In-home streaming is also v good.

PSX and PS2 emulation is also also good. Same with Gamecube/Wii. I think the Xbox line are the only consoles without decent emulators these days.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PIZZA.BAT posted:

just get that

it's nice, even on my apple tv 4 running h264 streams

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I do the HDMI + Xbox controller on my PC to TV and it rules. Plenty of couch + controller games and to play. These days there are more playable "console" games on PC than ever

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

tbqh you should get this done even if you don't intend to game with it, having your pc hooked up to your tv turns out useful more often than one thinks.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Jonny 290 posted:

Moonlight plus a Bluetooth controller works fantastic for in house stuff. I use that setup to play snowrunner on the couch with an iPad.

if you have a laptop that can plug into your tv via HDMI that would work just fine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

haveblue posted:

lost legacy is real good and probably in the top 50% of anyone's ranking

yippee cahier posted:

it’s good and worth it when it’s on sale. the same amount of polish, if not more, on a smaller game. i love the cast of characters they have and hope they find a way to keep the franchise going. i’d play a sully prequel series so hard.
yeah, i've heard good things, i was just burnt out on the series by the time it came out and never got around to it. maybe i'll give it a go if i see a sale

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm still plugging away at deathloop at the moment. it's really fun and i'm getting good gear. i suspect i'm past the halfway point and am mostly just figuring out how to put the last few pieces together before going for a win the game run.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ordered 30 footers for usb and hdmi. going to start with my 8bitdo controller plugged in cause i know it works great in that mode. if i'm not jazzed about the setup ill get a ps4 controller

Just need to figure out how to send games to monitor 3 or whatever the hdmi will ennumerate as

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the new xbone controller is actually the superior game pad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

ordered 30 footers for usb and hdmi. going to start with my 8bitdo controller plugged in cause i know it works great in that mode. if i'm not jazzed about the setup ill get a ps4 controller

Just need to figure out how to send games to monitor 3 or whatever the hdmi will ennumerate as

hdmi is certainly easier and cheaper, but you could also consider something like an nvidia shield if you find yourself in a situation where an hdmi cable to your tv or the controller connection to your pc from the couch isn't practical