Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

For what it’s worth, I still like the TT vote over all others.

As this day has trudged on and Tom has since done little to participate, I nearly agree.

"nearly" because Meen has been even worse by showing up only to spam.

##vote Meen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah meens weird, was sort of ignoring all that since I don’t have much experience with them and figured it’s new player weirdness

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

if anyone is scummy for spamming alone it's the guy who's spamming for the boon. it's not like it'd be particularly helpful to town for a townie to roll over on this poo poo even if it doesn't result in all the best posts

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

the facts about merk as I see it are 1. he's made good points so far, 2. he's laid claim to a role that'd mess with town if unknown and presumably will get confirmed D2, 3. he is having fun with posting

so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt same as others

Read meens posts, nothing other than the weird vote on TT and filler, defense of merk (spamming for the boon is scummy but merk has made good points). No other reads. ##vote meen

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Looking at Meen I see the point - over-concerned with not getting last in red light / green light and I was already baffled by whatever it was he had posted on me.

I still like Pinterest who has just been coasting, though. I think the same logic applies to Pinterest, who has posts that look like excuses to add post count. See these after the announcement:

Pinterest Mom posted:

i think it's unlikely that scum would dayvig a scum, personally

Pinterest Mom posted:

rest in peace "ignatius m. meen"

Pinterest Mom posted:

I suppose I'll try watching "squid game"

Little to no actual content but almost self-consciously trying to add to post count to get out of the bottom without saying anything at all. Pinterest has still managed to not have a single vote all day despite throwing a tiny bit of shade at Voodoo (the 'geez' post) and Maer (the 'yeah same' post). I still feel good about Pinterest being scum and I think the logic of scum not wanting to get bottom is sound but Pinterest's posts show the most deceptive attempt to get around it - other people were just posting a bunch in a row very obviously but Pinterest disguised post-count inflation in low-to-zero content posts, that reads scum trying to get above the lowest post count but trying not to make it obvious.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ughhh that’s a decent argument on PMom, who I usually expect to make some at least somewhat analytical points. I’m a little wary of how quickly Meen just got the same amount of votes as TT though.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

Ughhh that’s a decent argument on PMom, who I usually expect to make some at least somewhat analytical points. I’m a little wary of how quickly Meen just got the same amount of votes as TT though.

Yeah it always makes me feel a bit twitchy when that happens.

I’d definitely vote PMom too.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

As this day has trudged on and Tom has since done little to participate, I nearly agree.

"nearly" because Meen has been even worse by showing up only to spam.

##vote Meen

bad vibes from this post

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tom Tucker posted:

Looking at Meen I see the point - over-concerned with not getting last in red light / green light and I was already baffled by whatever it was he had posted on me.

I still like Pinterest who has just been coasting, though. I think the same logic applies to Pinterest, who has posts that look like excuses to add post count. See these after the announcement:

Little to no actual content but almost self-consciously trying to add to post count to get out of the bottom without saying anything at all. Pinterest has still managed to not have a single vote all day despite throwing a tiny bit of shade at Voodoo (the 'geez' post) and Maer (the 'yeah same' post). I still feel good about Pinterest being scum and I think the logic of scum not wanting to get bottom is sound but Pinterest's posts show the most deceptive attempt to get around it - other people were just posting a bunch in a row very obviously but Pinterest disguised post-count inflation in low-to-zero content posts, that reads scum trying to get above the lowest post count but trying not to make it obvious.

i'm trying to read this post but i'm blinded by the yellow highlight colour, sorry

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Cool let us know if you want to actually look for scum beyond just driveby "geez" and "bad vibes" posts or make an actual vote

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you'll be the first person i call, sure.

it does seem to me that some of the posts you quoted were, in fact, substantive, and that you quoting them removed from context like that is borderline deliberate misrepresentation.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

like, yeah, in a block of quotes like that, me having a post that just says "lol" looks bad

but in context, i'm responding lol to a completely demented argument made by forums poster "tom tucker" that implied that it's scummy that i didn't specify "town vigs shouldn't indiscriminately kill people" and instead just said "vigs shouldn't indiscriminately kill people", which, i think i gave that post exactly the response it deserved

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Yeah see that's not what I said and maybe that would have come up if you didn't just reply "lol" to the post which was mostly people explaining to me that people use "vig" for scum or town daykills

But maybe you're right about removing the substantive portions of an argument - not about me but how you replied "lol" to a post clarifying a single point I had made about you while ignoring the other points completely (adding null content after a daykill, agreeing with a vote without voting yourself thus stealth-bandwagoning, and argumentative strawman post), almost like you hoped with only one vote by highlighting my misunderstanding with a zero-content post you could dodge any mention of your other scummy behavior!

And now the most content and effort you've put in all game is when we have other people besides me actually looking at your post history and going "yeah this is a bit scummy" and suddenly there's no more "lol"s or "geez" but instead deeper content defending yourself.

Yeah I'm comfortable with my vote.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you're not typing like someone who's happy

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Pmom and meen are my strongest town reads

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

What votes are you nervous about?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

Pmom and meen are my strongest town reads

How do you have a town read on Meen?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

tom tucker's lean on "I'm an old hand at this and don't care about your drat 'meta' playstyles, scummy play is scummy play" feels actively bad. if you argue to lunch someone for their otherwise universally recognized town behavior because it violates the constants of a normal human mind, it doesn't matter how right you'd be with any of the other billions of humans out there, you're still arguing to lunch agreed town which is pretty anti-town.

merk's asking for flavor info feels strange. his reasons for this aren't bad, but I've never seen him go for that as town. could be just varying his playstyle I guess

working on more thoughts as they come

This is Meen's only content-based post, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

could I please at least get an investigation done on someone before you lunch me?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Full claim or don’t.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

rolecop

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
FULL CLAIM OR DO NOT CLAIM

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Huang-Jun-Ho, Korean police officer looking for their lost brother. At night I can target someone and be told their role.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

if that isn't 'full claim' enough for you then go ahead and kill me, I'll just poo poo-talk y'all from obsdoc with Circl

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
A full claim is flavor, role, and results. You just string claimed which is usually scummy.

But! Thinking.

##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
A role cop as town with a Miller kind of makes sense. I’ve done that before in a setup. Town didn’t have a cop but did have a role cop and there was a Miller and godfather.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
But…. Idk. Usually you’d have a town cop with the Miller and if there is a role cop it would be scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rolecop is p alignment neutral but I see what merk is getting at with the inverse cop thing going on

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

The string claim was pretty scummy but actually I’m not that against setup speculation this early since we effectively already have five claimed roles and a flipped Miller.

Day killer
Unconfirmed Mason 1
Unconfirmed Mason 2
Noisy visitor
Rolecop
Miller

Rolecop does make sense in a power role sense set up, as scum or town. To me i always think of rolecop a a scum role to balance out lots of town powers without overdoing it - rolecop and roleblocker being a solid combo.

Either way the string claim annoyed the heck out of me especially the first “let me investigate first” so I’d lean towards scum

Also noting that b minus still feel like they are coasting along without much content.

My top three would be Pinterest then Meen then B minus

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

But…. Idk. Usually you’d have a town cop with the Miller and if there is a role cop it would be scum.

I don't know why I'm needing to tell merk this, but I say disregard flavour spec and keep focused on his actual behaviour and post content.

It might be worth giving Meen a "just in case" day to see if letting him use his role proves valuable for town, but that's a different matter.

Also can I just say,

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

could I please at least get an investigation done on someone before you lunch me?

It always bugs me when people try and trump up a rolecop by calling it "an investigation" or even "a cop" to try and make it sound all important and extra townie but then nope, it's just scummy-looking rolecop

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

When it comes to "giving him a night" the upside is him finding a role like a roleblocker or something that might be scum, if he's town, while the downside if he's scum is it gives him a night to find a cop or doctor. I'm not saying this is a reason to launch him but I don't think it's a reason to give a pass today either, in my view the downside outweighs the upside.

This all presumes Meen is a rolecop, either town or scum, which I don't really doubt as it'd be very easy to confirm a lie.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think the Meen elimination is good. The string claim is sticking with me.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I still like Pinterest more but I would support a Meen launch

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Meen, if town, could exist to confirm me. Once he reads I randomly target someone each night, it’s pretty clear I can’t be scum because I couldn’t night kill.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Merk is your role involuntary?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Voodoofly posted:

Merk is your role involuntary?

Yes, it is very clear that I will target a player each night. No “may.”

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Do you get to choose?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tom Tucker posted:

Do you get to choose?

Nope. Random.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I mean not to be a butt or anything but we only have your word and maybe a vague gameplay vibe that you can't do other things during your "visiting", something to keep in mind.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

merk posted:

Nope. Random.

Mine is the same.

Was debating claiming from the start but seeing how it matches your role figure it’s worth it.

Each night im forced to visit a random dead body. I get tracked and watched but have no choice and don’t get to target. During my visit I receive information on the next days game.

Flavor is I’m a disgraced doctor who is forced by the guards to harvest organs and during the procedure I overhear them talking. Byeong-Ki is name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
A town role cop seems plausible here. ##unvote

I might go back to TT. I probably will.