Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The Management posted:

No, seriously, what the gently caress is happening?

Brad Pitt is just about to get laid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I'm not mentally or emotionally prepared for the end of this plot(?), What would a happy ending even be? Brad Pitt doodle-ified so he can pal around with his gf/mother? Jack saves the day and goes back to his lovely apartment to run around with the neighbor chick?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Holli Would will ram the spike of power right up his urethra, returning the sperm to its source and causing a reverse orgasm that will suck the doodles back into his dick. Then Brad Pitt, magically resurrected, will give a short speech about how you have to wrap that nasty thing if you don't wanna go creating world ending monstrosities.

Then they all gently caress.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

goatface posted:

Holli Would will ram the spike of power right up his urethra, returning the sperm to its source and causing a reverse orgasm that will suck the doodles back into his dick. Then Brad Pitt, magically resurrected, will give a short speech about how you have to wrap that nasty thing if you don't wanna go creating world ending monstrosities.

Headcannon : accepted

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

goatface posted:

That's the only ending that would make sense.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

holding the spike aloft, the hero bounced down a twisting sinew of many-eyed doodle stuff toward the spike's rightful socket in the glowing red cone thing on the union plaza hotel sign.

holli would and the seething doodle masses looked on in horror.

the hole was still spitting forth meaty cascades of doodle eyes and teeth, strings of ropes of clusters of nonsensical doodle appendages caught in agonising cycles of transformation.

the american flag gazed down proudly from the skies as the hero pounded the spike back into the glowing red cone thing with all his might.

holli would screamed.

the doodles clamoured in panic as the spike of power began to suck all the matter of the cool world back into itself.

holli and the amoebic giant relative of nails plummeted toward the spike.

the angel dogs that rained deadly projectiles from heaven were sucked up with their clouds like dust bunnies in a vacuum cleaner.

holli would plunged screaming upon a tide of thrashing doodles.

the doodle moon stuck out its tongue in a salacious way.

holli would screamed without pause for nine long and terrible seconds.

the stream of doodles poured into the glowing red cone thing, which was no longer a flat neon sign but a hollow vessel leading between dimensions.

a giant doodle cork dropped into the glowing red cone thing from somewhere up above. the stars and stripes stood untouched and unwavering.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
God bless America. :patriot:

And God bless you for letting me watch this without actually having to watch it. This movie is dire.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I don't understand why there needed to be three versions of Holli WOuld - the femme fatale from the first act, the unrelated cartoon from the second act, and the more cartoony version of the fist incarnation from the feverish nightmare that is the ending

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

;,fapo

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Matrix ain't got nothing on this

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
imo this third version of holi is pretty much the better one

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i love experiencing this in such slow, wrenching clarity

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mfw when I realize this threads days are numbered

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I thought the spike was supposed to make you a perma-noid, but she's been full doodle since touching it. Did Holli not want to be a noid after all? Or was she so desperate to stay in the noid world that she'd turn it into Cool World, whatevs? Who was Vegas Vinnie? Why did he have the spike? If it's the only thing keeping the two worlds in place, were they once one?

All important questions, but we just spent a lot of money on Red Superman bloodlust!

RunningOnEmpty
Nov 1, 2005
Because I work hard for the money...bitch.
I think my favorite part in this bit is mutant body-horror nails in the background just chillin'.

God, please, tell me someone has scans of the backgrounds. They are so much better than any of the foreground art in this entire train wreck. There were a few earlier in the thread, but i need more.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Huge Nails was introduced like he should be important, and so far he's done poo poo all. V disappointed in him.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

RunningOnEmpty posted:

God, please, tell me someone has scans of the backgrounds. They are so much better than any of the foreground art in this entire train wreck. There were a few earlier in the thread, but i need more.

I found this thread on Twitter a while ago that has some raw images and a couple sketches from the backgrounds.

https://twitter.com/thatsgoodweb/status/1422190566570348550?t=3Jz93TrqUrmlNaF2taWW2g&s=19

https://twitter.com/thatsgoodweb/status/1422193647047647232?t=RUlqyuRdPqOb08nejroF6A&s=19

https://twitter.com/thatsgoodweb/status/1422198911553441795?t=uXAEiB0_o183jTcXgkEd2Q&s=19

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

our antagonist's motivations are as unclear as our protagonist's character arc and the rules of the world they inhabit. really the only well-defined part of this film was brad pitt's role as the horny police, which in retrospect was the most compelling part of the story and was completely squandered.

RunningOnEmpty
Nov 1, 2005
Because I work hard for the money...bitch.

You rule. Thanks.

More work went in to these than the entire movie.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Those 9 long seconds of screaming are not to be understated.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

RunningOnEmpty posted:

More work went in to these than the entire movie.

It's a shame, in a better movie these would be iconic, but lmao. Too cool for cool world.

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

Bismuth posted:

I wish the rest of the movie was more psycho poo poo like this. I hate jack's hero design though, I wish it resembled the actor more. I feel like Jack is dead, hes been replaced wholesale with this being, his true self has ceased to be, and its disturbing to think about

Colonel Cancer posted:

This loving owns, whole movie should have been this

I assume you guys have seen Invincible?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

steinrokkan posted:

I don't understand why there needed to be three versions of Holli WOuld - the femme fatale from the first act, the unrelated cartoon from the second act, and the more cartoony version of the fist incarnation from the feverish nightmare that is the ending

You're literally forgetting the flesh and blood version lol

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Sourdough Sam posted:

I found this thread on Twitter a while ago that has some raw images and a couple sketches from the backgrounds.

This is the Cool world

Edit: the movie sucks though

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I hate that moon. The lit, doodle side is superimposed on another toon moon, which, fine, the lit and dark parts are the same moon. But the edges of the doodle moon don't connect with the arc of the dark moon, meaning there are two doodle moons on top of one another, how stupid

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ventral EggSac posted:

I hate that moon. The lit, doodle side is superimposed on another toon moon, which, fine, the lit and dark parts are the same moon. But the edges of the doodle moon don't connect with the arc of the dark moon, meaning there are two doodle moons on top of one another, how stupid

I hope someone got fired out of a doodle cannon for that blunder

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

This has been a wonderful thread about a horrible movie. Barry Jackson has an awesome website with his work and a book of art. I had no idea how many movie posters and album covers he'd done.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

"what the gently caress is happening?" i ask for lord knows how many-eth time reading this thread, knowing that there will be no answer coming this time either

barbecue at the folks fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 31, 2021

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Milo and POTUS posted:

You're literally forgetting the flesh and blood version lol

Well I assume IRL Kim Bassinger was supposed to be a 1:1 identical transposition of the OG doodle Holli into the noid world.

A sentence I never thought I would type up

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

reality was quick to reassert itself. one by one, the noids who'd gone doodle went back to noid.

still nobody really seemed to notice or care what had happened.

they just kept on calmly gambling.

only one civilian bore a physical trace of the chaos: a dazed-looking cowboy who'd crashed his car while in the form of a cartoon rear end.

jennifer zooped back to noid from her creepy doodle form, regaining the pupils of her eyes. "jack!" she said, distraught. "he's gone! he's gone!"

jennifer gesticulated in anguish. though she had only known jack for a few short minutes of her life, and for most of those minutes he had kidnapped her, the two of them had formed a mysterious bond. in the background, the happy noids of las vegas could be heard brightly laughing and chattering.

"dead?!" exclaimed doctor finston whiskers, although that wasn't what jennifer had said.

"i don't know for sure, but i don't think so. you know, maybe the spike protected them."

"its power is beyond our understanding!"

doctor finston whiskers waddled to where nails crouched wailing over the body of brad pitt.

"i'm sorry he didn't make it," the doctor said as he gazed upon brad pitt's noble face.

"i gotta take him back with me," nails lamented. confinement in the magic pen hadn't dimmed the ebullience of his animation. "there's a nice gal back there!"

"she deserves to see him, dead or alive," he wept.

stroking the dead man's face, nails gazed up at doctor finston whiskers. "okay doc," he said, "let 'er rip!"

doctor finston whiskers channelled the power of the spike. the two doodles and the deceased noid disappeared in a blaze of light and a puff of smoke, leaving only brad pitt's blood on the pavement to show they had ever been there at all.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Thank you for leaving behind Brad Pitt's disgorged viscera, Dr. Whiskers

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
This is the coolest world ever.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

so, what

brad's reward for being the horny police and getting kicked off a building is being buried in the cool world?

this is going to get stupider, I can feel it. I don't want to see it, but I can't look away

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

they just kept on calmly gambling.

IFremont Street is just Like That, nobody gives a gently caress

Thank you for all your hard work with this movie. I'm really hoping you can do Hey Good Lookin' next.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

We're so close to some "Cool" denouement that I don't even care that the doctor can hop back into the cool world at will, despite the laborious sealing the rift sequence.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Surely they should both have been schwapped back into the spike with the rest of them?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That would probably require a writer or director or literally anyone to be paying attention to what's happening in their movie

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
This is a pretty cool world you drew, let me just throw some trashy doodles in here. And some Brad Pitt guts who cares.

-Ralph Bakshi probably

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I wonder: when Brad Pitt writes his memoirs, will he divulge what went through his head when he was on the set of Cool World?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
"gently caress it. Fine." - Brad Pitt