Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Professor Beetus posted:

e: I really like this game but I think the online options mostly suck and I am really looking forward to racing Maple Valley with goons come FM8.

I'm kinda leaning the same way, this game is great fun and good for not really paying attention to if I want something mindless to play but the rivals has gotten me wanting more structured races and just better multiplayer support in general. I think they really half assed the multiplayer stuff in this game which sucks considering how much they seem to want people to engage with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

explosivo posted:

I'm kinda leaning the same way, this game is great fun and good for not really paying attention to if I want something mindless to play but the rivals has gotten me wanting more structured races and just better multiplayer support in general. I think they really half assed the multiplayer stuff in this game which sucks considering how much they seem to want people to engage with it.

Like, here's an idea: race lobbies? Why don't they have a simple loving "create a lobby for x race with y car class or subgroup?" And no mute option for open racing? This is seriously basic poo poo. It's an amazing single player game but the lack of anything resembling competent online is really bugging me at the moment.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Professor Beetus posted:

Like, here's an idea: race lobbies? Why don't they have a simple loving "create a lobby for x race with y car class or subgroup?" And no mute option for open racing? This is seriously basic poo poo. It's an amazing single player game but the lack of anything resembling competent online is really bugging me at the moment.

Yeah a simple lobby system that I could bring my friends into with me would really go a long way.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I remember hearing FH4's multiplayer getting a lot of stick at launch, how is this by comparison?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The game doesn't really surface this very well but the Super 7 also received a new reward whenever the season changes. For completing it this week you get a Jaguar XJR-15, which is a barn find car which can't be removed, gifted or auctioned. Only do this weeks Super 7 if you don't mind having a permanent duplicate in your garage.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

The game doesn't really surface this very well but the Super 7 also received a new reward whenever the season changes. For completing it this week you get a Jaguar XJR-15, which is a barn find car which can't be removed, gifted or auctioned. Only do this weeks Super 7 if you don't mind having a permanent duplicate in your garage.

You can stick barn finds in the auction house and if they don’t sell to a chump, don’t claim then back. Then they get sent to live on a farm upstate after 60 days.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

got some new team logos up. search GRCC or LLJK to find 'em

like favorite kudos whatever if you DL please, have at 'em

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

super fart shooter posted:

I've seen this in the livery browser for the BMW Isetta, that weird little microcar. Also, the livery has Nike swooshes that instead say "Nuke" and it also has #sendnukes printed on it. It's kind of confusing, I'm actually not sure if it's pro or anti DPRK

Yeah #sendnukes, thats the one! Thanks!

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Powershift posted:

Unrelated: if you put the rally suspension and jack the ride height up on the bentley, it takes all the turns on a very stable 2 wheels.

If you lower the ride height on cars with large wheels, you can see the wheel camber go negative to account for the reduced space in the wheel wells

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Also, is there an accolade for traveling over 13 miles in a single jump?

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
it's me, i'm the one who uses manual with default controller binds almost exclusively. Feels so much more tactile and hands-on punching it down to second on a street race turn—probably helps that I drive stick in real life too. Getting it into reverse straight-up sucks though, I really wish I could have a toggle for that.

I am curious of people's Forza difficulty settings and/or kinks. I drive with only ABS, manual, and braking line only—and am sad to see that turning off rewind doesn't increase credit gain like it did in FH4. I'm also almost always in bumper cam when I'm not cavorting around the hills for skill points.

Actually, I am pretty upset they didn't fix any of my UX gripes from FH4. Allow me to list a few of the ways this game upsets me:
  • Whyyyy can't I get a view into people's tuning presets? I'll never get into it myself if I can't see what works. At least let me "delink it" without reverting my car to stock.
  • Please let me quit or adjust settings in the loading screens, especially during Horizon Opens.
  • Why is the max zoom on the map still so zoomed-in?
  • please let me skip cutscenes :(
  • There might be a way to do this that I am not aware of, but can I straight-up disable camera modes? Bumper cam is useless to me.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I use the far chase cam tuned to be even farther away to give a wider FOC, and only use manual for drifting and such. This ain't a sim and I don't want it to look or feel like one really, and I don't really want to use my middle finger for the gas which you kinda need to do if you're manually shifting with the shoulder buttons.

No ABS or traction control or anything like that, although I do leave the racing line indicator on because the alternative is actually learning each track. That's too much work for me.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

f#a# posted:

• Whyyyy can't I get a view into people's tuning presets? I'll never get into it myself if I can't see what works. At least let me "delink it" without reverting my car to stock.
  • Why is the max zoom on the map still so zoomed-in?
  • There might be a way to do this that I am not aware of, but can I straight-up disable camera modes? Bumper cam is useless to me.

It's so you can't download someone else's tune, copy it and republish it yourself.
It's to make the map feel larger.
You can't disable camera modes.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Eclipse12 posted:

Also, is there an accolade for traveling over 13 miles in a single jump?

explain

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Zil posted:

explain
Well a mile is 5280 feet so

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I just want to play some playground games. Why must online be so poo poo

Fake edit: I think steam had an issue actually but it's working now so whatever.

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 17, 2021

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Zil posted:

explain

Hell if I know. Maybe I got disconnected while in the air or something.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have any insight please to what's going on with the gears on this build I'm working on? I dabbled with tuning a bit in 4, trying to get this A800 RX-7 set up in 5, and I don't get what's going on with the gearing. The best simulated 0-60 and 0-100 times show up when I move the final ratio slider way to the left to SPEED, and drop down to lower 0-60, 0-100, and top speed sliding it to acceleration. Going up and down the short straight street I was on I was maybe able to hit sliightly higher speeds (topping out at 138mph before running out of road) putting it toward acceleration, but it was a lot harder between torque steer and tire spin bouncing off the rev limiter making it harder to tell when to shift into 2 and 3. Sliding it to the left side to SPEED it took off nice and smooth.

Some other details if they matter - Sport tire compound, second widest rear tires, 444 hp / 2,717 lb, RWD. Do I have too much power vs grip so the shorter gearing doesn't actually accelerate faster from the car losing control? A video I watched for tuning in 4 said if spinning and limiter banging to lengthen the first gear; beyond that I'm not really sure what I should be setting this to besides going :shrug: slam it to the left ignore 6th gear and call it good. Is the power band a thing in this like it is in IRL cars, should I be looking at my dyno graph and trying to set up the gears to be in the higher zones - like maybe the slam to the left setup looks good on paper and in a short line but would suck actually racing cause it'd be falling out of the sweet spot too much? (And maybe I should save the 6 points dropping to a sport transmission if the gearing won't matter as much.)

Video of the gearing window slider: https://imgur.com/a/0zrfIfX

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Shifting discussion:

A to shift up
X to shift down
B for handbrake
Y for rewind.

no clutch.

Works great! The only weird thing is that I use the right bumper as the main "Enter" button to start races with, which is weird but it's not anything I have to use in races where twitch controls matter so whatever.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 17, 2021

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a is my clutch, x downshifts, b upshifts, left bumper is handbrake

been my setup since forza moforsport 3, why change now

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

clutch on controller seems like a nightmare to me just conceptually, i can barely handle just sequential shifting on controller because my hands are too stupid
and im usually just way too lazy to set up my h-pattern shifter on wheel

yes this 1965 mini cooper has a paddle, so what

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Oh hey found the one road I was missing. Was it a tiny piece I somehow missed? One of those weird little stub roads?

Nope, a whole rear end dirt road I somehow missed

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I get the solution is to change the radio to off and play Spotify or a podcast in the background, but the music of forza 5, like forza 4, is really awful. Always let down by the classical stations composing entirely of songs used in commercials or cartoons, and of course everything else is stuff you’d hear on top 40s retail radio.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

teh_Broseph posted:

Anyone have any insight please to what's going on with the gears on this build I'm working on?

In general, if you're running shorter gears (the "acceleration" side of the slider), the car will indeed accelerate faster (and have a lower top speed) but since the individual gears are so short, you can end up losing time on laps by constantly having to shift up and down to keep the engine in the power band.

If you have really tall gears (the "speed" side), the initial acceleration will be slower, the top speed will be higher, but you can end up with situations where one (or more) gears are basically wasted, because the gearing is high enough that the engine can't turn fast enough to generate the required power to accelerate the car and overcome drag.

If you start from the "acceleration" side of the slider and tweak the final drive gearing up in increments (I usually go with .10 to start with), you'll see the 0-60 and 0-100 times initially go up, then drop at some point, and then go back up again, and you'll see the top speed go up and then back down, so those can give you an idea of where to start with the final drive.

Since the tracks in Horizon tend to have relatively short straights (compared to actual race tracks), you don't always want to tune so that the car approaches the rev limiter in top gear at the end of the straight (since the overall gearing may be so low that you're wasting time shifting constantly on corners), so I usually start out with whatever the default final drive ratio is, drive it on whatever course I'm wanting to use, and then tweak the final drive so that I'm not constantly shifting or lugging the engine.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mr. Pardiggle posted:

I get the solution is to change the radio to off and play Spotify or a podcast in the background, but the music of forza 5, like forza 4, is really awful. Always let down by the classical stations composing entirely of songs used in commercials or cartoons, and of course everything else is stuff you’d hear on top 40s retail radio.

don't turn the radio off!!! turn the volume to zero so you can still get skill songs (classic has the longest)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

got some new team logos up. search GRCC or LLJK to find 'em

like favorite kudos whatever if you DL please, have at 'em
Thank you for updating your logo to GRCC for us. It's the current logo at the GRCC discord @ the most current link: https://discord.gg/Hgm7JRdX.

A few things about the place:

It's for GRCC/FH5 stuff, it's not a replacement for ForzaGoons. When FH5 fades the GRCC channel will with it to the next big club for FM8 and FH6 or whatever the future holds.
It's non-partisan in play-style, because it's Horizon and not Motorsport. Club members will get out what they put into it, as there's probably not a lot of appetite for weekly researched and honed race events with rules and liveries and the like, unless folks want to step up and generate that stuff. I'm happy to promote any interested clubmates who demonstrate an ability to navigate this ridiculous online experience to Admin of the place if they are around a lot, helpful, and generally not insane like me.

Please use the tools under the club menu or the discord if you're looking for GRCC folks.

I can sometimes check in on the place from work, too, which will be a nice distraction when we have slow nights.

We have basic channels but could use more. We might wish to use bots but only if they are helpful and not obtrusive. Like, Vaya! Por la Familia!

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Unlocked the Doom horn (high), I'm blaring it 24/7 nonstop

Also bought my RS200 and hot drat, this thing is even more broken than I remembered from FH4. I slapped every performance enhancement possible on it and it's killer, while still being mostly controllable, especially offroad! It eats danger signs for breakfast.

I only need a superfast car now to break those drat 400km/h+ speed traps , in FH4 I used a tuned Mosler for that, what's the equivalent here? I think the Bugatti Divo is the fastest car I have and it takes quite a bit to get to those speeds

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

TorakFade posted:

I only need a superfast car now to break those drat 400km/h+ speed traps , in FH4 I used a tuned Mosler for that, what's the equivalent here? I think the Bugatti Divo is the fastest car I have and it takes quite a bit to get to those speeds

The Jesko you get for getting 3 stars in all the V10 stories will take care of those, an upgraded Porsche Taycan is also an alternative.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

TorakFade posted:

The Jaguar XJR-15 you get from a barn can be upgraded/tuned to around 445 km/h. Might be a good, cheap alternative if you can't afford one of the big cars.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I did those in one of my teenage dream cars I got in a lucky spin: an F40

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Professor Beetus posted:

The Bass DJ sucks out loud though, completely awful and obnoxious, especially in the wing and a prayer event where he rides in the plane with the pilot guy.
They lean into him being a dumb rear end in a top hat if you leave Bass Arena on for the director interviews after doing the Frankie Beaumont story segments.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Ruffian Price posted:

They lean into him being a dumb rear end in a top hat if you leave Bass Arena on for the director interviews after doing the Frankie Beaumont story segments.

that's nice but i prefer fun relaxing games that don't include dumb assholes

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Convex posted:

that's nice but i prefer fun relaxing games that don't include dumb assholes

Pretty much all you're left with is Stardew Valley.

wait, Elliot, gently caress.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I did those in one of my teenage dream cars I got in a lucky spin: an F40

This is me but the the Countach. I rip a line of coke and just drive the piss out of it everywhere. Are there faster cars? Cooler cars? Better handling ones? Sure, but it just has a presence.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I like the porsches because they always are super easy to drive. I use the 1985 Prodrive rally one and the 2012 GT2. Also I upgraded the crazy AMG you get to X class and it gets drift and destruction scores way easier than any offroad or drift or rally car I have. :shrug: edit: I already made this post

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Eclipse12 posted:

Hell if I know. Maybe I got disconnected while in the air or something.

drat I was hoping for some buggy car that normal physics didn't apply to or something.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
I tried the stock Skyline R32 on a lark against baby Drivatars (above average, I'm letting the game work me up) and it just wins ugly. Feels awful in slow corners, sometimes I'd have to rewind 3 or 4 times to get a slow corner right. After that it just drives by everything?? It's just bizarre because even when I was playing against average drivatars, it never seemed like I ever had a top speed advantage in a bunch of other cars.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
Requested access to GRCC as fallout79

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I took a Bone Shaker into a Horizons Open and people were so pissed off.
Everyone was trying to run me off of checkpoints.

Friendly Horizon ends with Hot Wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

What kind of caveman builds a game without the ability to mute other players in voice chat.
Truly egregious; audacious; scandalous.

Borderline unplayable!!!