Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

It's December and Chelsea, City, and Liverpool are pulling away from the pack, the rest of the "big 8" are fighting for a fourth place trophy, and this is the last month before Newcastle go on an eye-watering spending spree that ultimately leads to a bottom half finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

J Hume posted:

It's December and Chelsea, City, and Liverpool are pulling away from the pack, the rest of the "big 8" are fighting for a fourth place trophy, and this is the last month before Newcastle go on an eye-watering spending spree that ultimately leads to relegation.

FTFY

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Newcastle will spend £250m on exactly the wrong type of player and will win zero games

And I'm going to make all of the Mick McCarthy faces, in a row

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

don't get me wrong

the geordieposters are cool lads and I like them and their complete ambivalence to dying in natural disasters, but I want the final day MOTD to just be all of the days goals as a montage over an Embrace song, and then one full hour of people crying into their inflatable camels

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

don't get me wrong

the geordieposters are cool lads and I like them and their complete ambivalence to dying in natural disasters, but I want the final day MOTD to just be all of the days goals as a montage over an Embrace song, and then one full hour of people crying into their inflatable camels

and then the Saudis sell back to Mike Ashley at a loss because they don't want to own a Championship club

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

He bought them some bad players too but this Steve Walsh quote is still funny:

"While I was at Everton, I offered them Andrew Robertson and Harry Maguire deals, when they were at Hull, and it was worth £20 million for the pair. Everton wouldn't take them.

"I had a deal done for Jonny Evans too before he came to Leicester, but again they wouldn't take him.

"Erling Haaland, the striker with Salzburg, I had him and his dad at the club with a deal done for €4 million. The club wouldn't back me."

At this point, I think it's Brands who has to answer for a lot of bad deals after Walsh's shenanigans.

And like others have said, I have the feeling that none of that fictional transfer stuff happened. I think some of Everton's board had experience with people like Moyes finding bargains so if Walsh couldn't convince the club to back him, maybe he wasn't very good at making a case.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Farcenal

Farteta

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

FullLeatherJacket posted:

don't get me wrong

i was on match of the day a couple of seasons ago when watford beat us 3-0 at home and it was showing the crowd looking miserable. dead centre of the screen was me and the guy i go to the match with lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I hope you were bare-chested

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

i was on match of the day a couple of seasons ago when watford beat us 3-0 at home and it was showing the crowd looking miserable. dead centre of the screen was me and the guy i go to the match with lol

did you punch a horse

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

No and no

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Boo this man!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

If I can find the picture I'll post it

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
The Saudis have already passed the fit and proper owners test, so it seems to me they could probably just buy another club or two for the amount of transfer fees they will be paying at Newcastle to keep them up

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

Peniscopter?

e: maybe not, if only because I believe that supporter was celebrating a Newcastle win

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Jose posted:

me and the guy i go to the match with lol

something odd about phrasing it like this

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What’s his name

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I bet they have illegal paintball sessions together

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

no i am not explaining the joke for the americans, just assume it's a funny reference and also assume that for all of my other bad posts

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sphyre posted:

something odd about phrasing it like this

I was drunk op

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Jose posted:

I was drunk op

Mods

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Mod here, Poocastle fans are allowed to get drunk and post. Carry on

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Controversial, this.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

They only post while drunk anyway.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brendan Rodgers posted:

They only breathe while drunk anyway.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
https://twitter.com/petercrouch/status/1467271593999187968?s=21

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

the best part of being a newcastle fan is i'm completely desensitized to the team getting their first win in december. It's just newcastle

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Things were looking rough there for Leeds but when you factor in the at least 40 goals a rejuvenated Bamford will score between now and the end of the season I think anything less than 4th or 5th and questions will need to be asked

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

ilmucche posted:

the best part of being a newcastle Saudi fan is i'm completely desensitized to the team getting their first win in december. It's just newcastle Saudi
https://twitter.com/Hawaay61/status/1467417224927399937

lmaooooooo

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Chelski

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Pleased for the royal house of Saud and their official footballing partners

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
saudi arabia can eat all the rear end

i dislike having to dislike newcastle now, which just makes me despise the murderous autocrats even more

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

the sex ghost posted:

Things were looking rough there for Leeds but when you factor in the at least 40 goals a rejuvenated Bamford will score between now and the end of the season I think anything less than 4th or 5th and questions will need to be asked

From the looks of things today their boss is already asking questions!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1467833953721671691

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

He won't care. Or notice probably

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I wonder if a team has ever scored a goal during a walkout. Do you continue to walk as the ref calls for a penalty?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
SHOCKWAVES

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Leeds Mod, any opinions on the San Frnacisco 49ers ownership stake? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59548311

I left SF a long rear end time ago, but moving to the new stadium they built in 2014 saw them go from pretty good to absolute trash. They had a good season last year but they're crap again and the papers are still writing about the cursed stadium as recently as last month. There's also a corner of the stadium that fans call the frying pan, where you get annihilated by the sun and everyone leaves blind and sunburned, maybe that's a plus in Yorkshire though?

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
Well Rafa seems happy the Brands has gone - I wonder if this will see an improvement in the transfer strategy - something along the lines of actually having a transfer strategy maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Reportedly Spurs all have Covid and may have to postpone festive fixtures.