Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm actually a voter who's been sympathetic to harm reduction arguments (probably an outlier here), but I think I'm done with that now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I haven't paid in dime on my student loans since I got them 10 years ago.
gently caress em.

Education is the great leveler, to gatekeep access to it, behind a paywall, is morally and civically repugnant. gently caress any institutions or parties who advocate for such practices.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Tbh resuming student loan payments is one of the most direct, personal, and lovely things a politician has ever done to me. Most bad policies have effects at the structural level, but this is literally sending me a monthly bill for 10% of my income.

anecdotally the announcement that biden is going to resume student loan payments has broken even the most lib-brained people I know

a bunch of them had twisted themselves into all kinds of knots to explain why it would never happen and seeing the blunt "you're going to pay and this is not something we're doing under duress" reasoning was like flipping a switch with a bunch of them

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

anecdotally the announcement that biden is going to resume student loan payments has broken even the most lib-brained people I know

a bunch of them had twisted themselves into all kinds of knots to explain why it would never happen and seeing the blunt "you're going to pay and this is not something we're doing under duress" reasoning was like flipping a switch with a bunch of them

How can they justify it when trump decided to freeze loan payments during the pandemic

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol i've never made enough money for payments to kick in :smugdon:

this year i'm not sure i'll hit the standard deduction

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

etalian posted:

How can they justify it when trump decided to freeze loan payments during the pandemic

are you suggesting that biden hasn't crushed the pandemic and brought the economy roaring back?

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

I mean is it though?

What are Republicans going to like ignore covid or like continue the concentration camps

Worse, they are going to make libs interrupt brunch in a performance of giving a poo poo about those things.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/WaitingOnBiden/status/1471827518285967362

The democrats are going to get absolutely wiped the hosed out in 2022, like holy poo poo how is this even loving real

Honestly, scroll through this without having a stroke I dare you

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21096471-21-02311-f

smug jeebus has issued a correction as of 00:09 on Dec 19, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Oops, I forgot to do anything.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Biden is doing a speedrun of all the worst decisions you could make as a Democratic president. afaik there's still a ticking clock on that medicare privatization program the Biden administration is doing nothing to stop.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

it’s cool how info like this is out there. like dems know this. they KNOW this is where they are. a full year away. and they’re still going full steam ahead on making things worse and doing nothing about it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I know the democrat party was bad but this is on a level I genuinely cannot begin to comprehend. it’s not even like they’re actively trying to lose because even then you would still have people fighting here and there. this is an almost complete surrender on every conceivable level of government.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

like people joke about here and there but the Republican Party will absolutely have the numbers to do a constitutional convention in the 5-7 years? and literally do whatever the gently caress they want?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obama smiling from ear to ear

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I know the democrat party was bad but this is on a level I genuinely cannot begin to comprehend. it’s not even like they’re actively trying to lose because even then you would still have people fighting here and there. this is an almost complete surrender on every conceivable level of government.

Pulling the pin and diving into your own grenade. Except everyone else still blows up too.

navigation
Sep 30, 2009

wow. i think the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Fitzy Fitz posted:

My student loans would be financially crippling if I were attempting to pay them down, which I'm not. My principal hasn't moved in 7 years of repayment.

Biden campaigned on doing something about them, even though his offer was pitiful. He's backtracked on doing even that.

unless something drastic changes in my life my student debt will follow me until i die or america crumbles, whichever comes first, and joe biden is responsible

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

like people joke about here and there but the Republican Party will absolutely have the numbers to do a constitutional convention in the 5-7 years? and literally do whatever the gently caress they want?

yup. the saving grace is now that the chuds become so rabid and stupid that they don't have the organization to pull a convention off

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm actually a voter who's been sympathetic to harm reduction arguments (probably an outlier here), but I think I'm done with that now lol

whoever said biden was a harm reduction candidate is due to eat poo poo

Griz
May 21, 2001

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Tbh resuming student loan payments is one of the most direct, personal, and lovely things a politician has ever done to me. Most bad policies have effects at the structural level, but this is literally sending me a monthly bill for 10% of my income.

don't forget that biden is personally responsible for student loans not being dischargeable in bankruptcy, among other bullshit

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/07/joe-biden-student-loans/

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/scottheins/status/1472323605577056260?s=21

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Griz posted:

don't forget that biden is personally responsible for student loans not being dischargeable in bankruptcy, among other bullshit

Yeah part of the help dem gave to the FIRE sector/Wall Street banks that send them campaign cash.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They need 34 states to call a convention (2/3) and 38 (3/4)to ratify amendments coming out of said convention, I believe.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thoguh posted:

They need 34 states to call a convention (2/3) and 38 (3/4)to ratify amendments coming out of said convention, I believe.

Republicans are at 30 right now lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Republicans are at 30 right now lmao

Locking up Crooked Hillary will be added to the bill of rights

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

I’m glad biden is doing all he can to keep his promise of only serving one term

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jon Carbuncle posted:

I’m glad biden is doing all he can to keep his promise of only serving one term

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Biden is redefining the whole "lame duck" game.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Every time I see the ACH going to fed loan servicing from my bank I'm going to think "let's go Brandon"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

For comparison, 2010 was a net gain of 63 for the Republicans

lmao

E oh wait this is state houses nevermind

spacemang_spliff has issued a correction as of 03:24 on Dec 19, 2021

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Griz posted:

the president from MBNA

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

WampaLord posted:

"the republicans will do the same evil we are doing, but WORSE and FASTER" is not a rallying cry that will make people love democrats

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The democrats got destroyed long before 2022

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
But also, the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Kazzah posted:

many people are saying this

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Kazzah posted:

they've been dead for a while, it's just that the stink is finally getting to be unbearable

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

ex post facho posted:

post itt every time it's obvious that the democrats abject failure to do anything on the agenda they were elected to do is going to lead to them losing the house, senate, and the WH in 2024

Why would that possibly make them lose this, the most important election of our lifetime?

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm bad at math

18 - 6 - 2 is 0 right

Well 1400 = 2000, so it looks good to me!

I am :stoked: for the Dems to get annihilated in 2022, and again in 2024.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

holy moly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Paradoxish posted: