Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Owen knows his poo poo about football he's just dull as gently caress

Yeah, that's fair. I caught a bit of him during the European games this week and he was calling out Pep's, "Qualifying for the last 16 is where we want to be."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
his rant about how Ole was tactically inept was on point, but it doesn't change the fact that he's a horrible human being

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

You’re breaking the car the jersey Samir

lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Seeing Jimenez get sent off for just generally being a knobhead yesterday reminded me of mascherano doing the same thing for Liverpool against pooshited I think

Just chasing the ref around the pitch moaning about like a shirt pull or some other nothing challenge he wasn't even involved in and the ref finally just giving him a second yellow to make him gently caress off

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
can't find a version of this that isn't terrible quality but you acn still see what happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8bqqL2dnr8

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Seeing Jimenez get sent off for just generally being a knobhead yesterday reminded me of mascherano doing the same thing for Liverpool against pooshited I think

Just chasing the ref around the pitch moaning about like a shirt pull or some other nothing challenge he wasn't even involved in and the ref finally just giving him a second yellow to make him gently caress off

https://youtu.be/K4qQTiC0I-c

Phone posting so it probably won't embed but I love how quickly Alonso gives up on holding him back

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Yaya toures agent going to the media to tell everyone how sad his client was that man city didn't get him a cake for his birthday

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

https://twitter.com/espnfc/status/1360921736653533184

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
:mcrappe:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

that french woman who made a bizarre tribute video about being in love with Alan Pardew (she was not married to any of his players as far as I know)

no I'm not finding it, I've seen what the algorithm has done to my dad and I'm not having "alan pardew tribute" in my history

FullLeatherJacket fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 16, 2021

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

she was german iirc and probably a good idea not to google that considering pardew's love of pineapple chunks

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Shola getting off in his last game for Newcastle

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Was it pardew who picked ameobi for a Tyne-wear derby ahead of ba and big papiss cisse and outright said it was because he always scored against Sunderland. I'm almost 40% sure this happened

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

They didn't call him the Sunderland slayer for nothing

hermyownee
Jun 5, 2011

ilmucche posted:

They didn't call him the Sunderland slayer

Correct, he's the mackem slayer

hermyownee
Jun 5, 2011
Content (will have been posted already, but lmao): https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47946382

quote:

Hennessey said he "waved and shouted at the person taking the picture to get on with it" and "put my hand over my mouth to make the sound carry".

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Also gave us an all-time sports headline

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I wish I could have seen the faces of the people conducting the investigation when they realized that Wayne Hennessy was not, in fact, lying to them and had actually lived into his thirties with essentially no knowledge of World War 2 occurring.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
No one puts their hand like then if they are "trying to make the sound carry"

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 18, 2021

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

the sex ghost posted:

Also gave us an all-time sports headline

this makes me laugh every time I see it

a classic, someone got a payrise after this

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Leicester won the premier league because nigel pearson's son did a racism while getting his bhole tongued on video

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Talk of live mics for refs in the prem thread reminded me of the time clattenburg made fun of Adam Lallana for thinking he was Billy big time just because he got an England cap and Southampton put in a formal complaint

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

was it Clattenburg who caught poo poo for telling the City players to go over and thank their fans because Arsenal were charging them £60 for an away ticket

also the time that Chelsea accused him of doing a racism because John Terry actually did a racism

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

since clatternberg has come up he's just released an autobiography with a description of getting tipped over in a portaloo as a kid

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1471807124137205763?s=20

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

there aren't many things that sound less fun than reading a referee's autobiography, but if it's just him giving out about which players were the biggest dickheads for 300 pages then I'm considering it

remembering the time that clattenburg got suspended for a year because he told someone that they should think about their family before launching any legal action (because his lawyer was extremely expensive), and they tried to construe it as a threat to show up at the next game with the wife's face sewn to a football

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

there aren't many things that sound less fun than reading a referee's autobiography, but if it's just him giving out about which players were the biggest dickheads for 300 pages then I'm considering it

Ferguson understood this. One good sensible autobiography and one where he just cuts wrestling promos on Steven Gerrard

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Parity warning posted:

Leicester won the premier league because nigel pearson's son did a racism while getting his bhole tongued on video

I had to look this up and it was so, so worth it. :lmao:
(link is to an article on a lovely site, not the actual vid)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Talk of live mics for refs in the prem thread reminded me of the time clattenburg made fun of Adam Lallana for thinking he was Billy big time just because he got an England cap and Southampton put in a formal complaint

Ahahaha what’s this

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

remembering the time that clattenburg got suspended for a year because he told someone that they should think about their family before launching any legal action (because his lawyer was extremely expensive), and they tried to construe it as a threat to show up at the next game with the wife's face sewn to a football

Jeff Winter's autobiography is pretty fun to read, lots on the Man U v Arsenal/Fergie v Wenger feud plus he sticks the boot into a fair few players as well

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

the sex ghost posted:

Not only did we complain, we also requested that Clattenburg not be allowed to ref our games after that.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

If I remember correctly it's pretty juicy about which refs are the biggest cunts, who is more bent and just how petty they are.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Radio presenter: “Hello Paul!”

Gazza: “Hello!”

Radio presenter: “Good evening – you are live on Real Radio. I just wonder… Tell us about Raoul Moat. The Raoul Moat that you know.”

Gazza: “Raoul Moat, er Raoul, I knew him years ago. He used to be a bouncer in Newcastle. I knew him a lot of years since I was a young kid, when I played for Newcastle [United]. He was like a gentleman – someone must have wound him up or done summat, right. And all of a sudden I just listened to the radio right, I mean on TV news. Obviously he’s killed someone and he’s shot two. Right?”

Radio presenter: “Well…”

Gazza: “…Doesn’t matter. He’s killed someone. Which is not nice, really. Obviously he must have been on drugs, um, and he’s shot two people, right. Now I’ve heard on the news that obviously the drugs must have worn off. Now he’s willing to give in. Right?”

Radio presenter: “I think we have to point out that…”

Gazza: “…No, please, get a hold of me, no, hear me out… He’s a lovely bloke – I know that – so at the end of the day I think he’s frightened in case, um, he’s put his gun down, I know for a fact he will… He put his gun down but I think he’s scared in case the police shoot him and kill him. The drugs have worn off. All he wants to do is surrender. And at the end of the day when you shoot someone, I think, and er, shoot, kill someone and shoot two others… You may get, what? Twelve days, twelve years, twelve…”

Radio presenter: “Paul, Paul, Paul… Well we don’t know about that exactly. But just tell us, what would you say…”

Gazza: “Twelve years, could be about six years and he’s out. He’s a good lad.”

Radio presenter: “If he could hear a message from you, Gazza, what would you say to him tonight?”

Gazza: “Well I think the police get hold… Listen, I drove from Newcastle in a taxi to Rothbury. Cost a lot of money. I brought a dressing gown for him, um, a big jacket, I brought some chicken, some bread… I know you’re going to love this one: I brought him a can of lager, I brought him a fishing rod cause I heard he’s by the river. And I brought a fishing rod too – we’ll fish together, I’ll have a chat with him, just talk and… ’cause I think I’m the only man… I think I can help him through this cause I’ve…”

Second radio presenter: “So Gazza, are you going to go to the police and say, please, let me, let me, let me help you here? I know Raoul Moat. I can help you negotiate. I can help you sort the situation out.

Gazza: “I’ve just spoke to the police.”

Radio presenter: “What did they say Gazza?”

Gazza: “That he, well er, er, well… Terry was next to us taking photos and the copper went, police, and I said ‘Listen, I know the guy, he’s a nice guy,’ I said er… ‘I want to go through, where you have everything all cordoned off, I want to get through there,’ but the police wouldn’t let us so that was a waste of time saying, ‘Oh, I knew him’ because they were being frightened he might shoot me, you know? But I told them, ‘He will not shoot me.'”

Radio presenter: “Well, it’s a dangerous situation though, Gazza, isn’t it?”

Gazza: “Hey I’m not scared – I’ve just been in a car crash, I’ve just hit the wall at 90 miles per hour. I survived that, I’m sure I can survive a bullet. Knowing my luck he’d probably miss.”

Radio presenter: “So what you’re saying is that you want to go in there, you want to help negotiate?”

Gazza: “… The police know I want to go in there. I’ve got a jacket, I’ve got a dressing gown, I’ve got some chicken, I’ve got some bread, I’ve got a can of lager, I’ve got a fishing rod, um, I’ve got my fishing rod, I’m willing to sit down, to shout, ‘Moaty, it’s Gazza!’ All I want to shout is ‘Moaty, it’s Gazza, where are you?’ and I guarantee he will shout his name out, ‘I’m here!’ and me and him could sit and chat, have a little bit of fishing and all I’ll tell him, ‘Moaty, listen…'”

Radio presenter: “And you think you could sort it out?”

Second radio presenter: “So if you like a man-to-man chat, with him, two pals on a riverbank?”

Gazza: “Yeah, yeah, two friends on a riverbank from Newcastle and all those years we’ll say is ‘Why don’t you just, you know, put the gun away, throw it in the river’ and say ‘Look Moaty, the worst is… the worst you might get a 12-year stretch, the police are not going to kill you,’ because I know he’s willing to give in now. Whatever he was on has worn off. I mean the police are not going to kill you, he might do a 12-year stretch, obviously for killing someone, which is not very nice, obviously. He did it cause he was high on drugs, probably, right?”

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

What episode of Athletico Mince is this from?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/themichaelowen/status/548219401812844544?t=qjJVmEpcJtowWq6W-YQ9gw&s=19

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

trem_two posted:

Radio presenter: “Hello Paul!”

Gazza: “Hello!”

Hahaha thanks for that. Completely forgot about it

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
LEADER LEGEND BELLEND
https://twitter.com/mutablejoe/status/1474815689789743104

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Can you say "Scam" three times please John?