Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Someone asked me to look into recording some mental health data yesterday and I found out that there's a diagnosis code for attempted suicide by trapping yourself in a refrigerator, T71.232A.

i bet the "subsequent encounter" one is funnier tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

If I want halfdays I have to do it the old fashioned way. By oversleeping and being apologetic at around noon

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
i refuse to put work stuff on my phone because they don't pay for it.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
like there was a real bitchy rant in the policy book about how cell phones are just something people are just part of being a alive human now, so we're not paying.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ignoring phone calls is a big part of being an alive human too

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

actually come to think of it, when i worked in berlin it was just 30 hour weeks. took friday off, left at 3 on thursday. was great.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

when icd 10 came out all the various animal combinations were a big source of humor

you've been ... rooster struck! :guitar:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

cjs: 14% raise :toot:

and 100% reason to remember the name

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

post hole digger posted:

a lot of my friends in nyc get 'summer fridays' where they get fridays off/half-days in the summer. wtf is that.

my company started this this summer. they call it 'summer hours'. once we hit autumn my boss called us all together and asked if we'd be interested in keeping it going all year round. the only catch is we can't let anyone know outside of our department that we do this because if word gets out the jig is up and we have to go back to working full time

mystes
May 31, 2006

PIZZA.BAT posted:

my company started this this summer. they call it 'summer hours'. once we hit autumn my boss called us all together and asked if we'd be interested in keeping it going all year round. the only catch is we can't let anyone know outside of our department that we do this because if word gets out the jig is up and we have to go back to working full time
Maybe you should do the same thing except for all hours every day?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

mystes posted:

Maybe you should do the same thing except for all hours every day?

:ssh:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

post hole digger posted:

a lot of my friends in nyc get 'summer fridays' where they get fridays off/half-days in the summer. wtf is that.

we get this but summer is our busy time so im usually working to 6-7p those fridays, lol!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Jonny 290 posted:

there's always some 25 year old idiot who thinks WoRk iS LiFe and will ack them and look better to the bean counters even though they eventually hand it off to you the next morning at 9am

i was this person in my mid-20s and it paid off for jack poo poo

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

right at the end of the year the ceo sent out an email that the company wide week off we had in July last year was so positively received that they’re doing it again this year

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i have a similar robe. no rat tho

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
ive been waking and checkin in at 10am, going back to sleep, starting work at 6 pm, finishing up at 11pm and sleeping at 6am, since mid december about

its funny times

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i did something similar the last 2 months of my job. it was ok. I'd wake up for a 10 meeting and then go back to bed till about 2. Then I'd work till I got whatever done, usually between 7 to 9

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

bob dobbs is dead posted:

ive been waking and checkin in at 10am, going back to sleep, starting work at 6 pm, finishing up at 11pm and sleeping at 6am, since mid december about

its funny times

yeah the days i can do this are my most productive ones. I got a couple standing meetings in the morning but about half the time I've got a big chunk of time in the morning/afternoon and i do errands and work in the shop and then after dinner i am in the meat of my Productive Work Time between like 9pm-2am

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you need strong vitamin d supplements, it worked crap for the first 2 days before they arrived

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

rage-quit my job at the end of last feb, originally planning on a couple months to rest before picking up the job hunt. coming up on a year of being funemployed, and just realized I've applied for exactly one job.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
thats what the figgies are for

if its enough to just be funemployed forever thats called 'being retired'

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i m gonna retire one day

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

i'm a morning person and i start between 7:30 to 8am instead of 9am like most of my colleagues

but i spend the first two hours of every day posting and goofing off :hehe:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

i m gonna retire one day

me too

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
arent you like 60 and retiring in single digit years

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
idk if i'll get to retire but i'll keep saving my cash and hope i can i guess

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can amortize it and have yearlong funemployments that you cover under a "consulting" llc, thats much more sure than just having one big wham done at 65 thing that depends upon the economy and civilization lasting that long

i already did two and a half of them, thats years of my life that i got to tool around in

health insurance is a bit fiddly tho

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 13, 2022

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i looked at my budget recently and i spend probably sub 40k a year for all of my living expenses in a high COL area. if i didn't owe rent i could probably work part time forever

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
3 years on 1 year off amortizes to part time doesnt it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I guess but I'd rather have more time for myself all the time instead of every few years

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you do you. i like to do weird math projects that are pretty totalizing so this is how i do em

cqs: writeup midway through

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

although now that you mention it I could probably do just fine with one 6 month contract a year 🤔

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Now that everyone's got Teams on their phones due to permanent WFH 'on call' doesn't exist anymore, people just ping poo poo at you all hours of the day.

yeah gently caress that, i have a separate work phone that's left on silent on my work desk at the end of the day.

my boss has my personal number, if there's a no-poo poo emergency he knows how to get a hold of me

post hole digger posted:

back when i worked at the school district we'd switch to 4/10s over the summer. it was a nice change of pace and just as the long days started to wear on me it'd be time to go back to 5/8s. granted it did mean that spending vacation days took a bigger bite out of the pto bank, but also they were chill enough that if you wanted you could rearrange your week so that you came in m-th one week and t-fri the next week to give yourself a four day weekend.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

oh poo poo nice
apparently we're getting gigabit internet over the weekend

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

I spent about 10 years being at least the tertiary on-call 24/7 and often the secondary or primary (I was young and stupid). When I left my last on-call job about three years ago, I set my phone to silent and always forward to voicemail. Maybe an over-correction, but it's been loving glorious.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Cold on a Cob posted:

i'm a morning person and i start between 7:30 to 8am instead of 9am like most of my colleagues

but i spend the first two hours of every day posting and goofing off :hehe:

im not really a morning person, but i am a parent, so this is my schedule too.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

cinci zoo sniper posted:

do i read that one correctly, _second_ instance of getting sucked into a jet engine?

as hilarious as that would be for this case, it’s just a modified code for the second, third, etc appt for a condition or procedure. initial treatments are often more involved and require more work the follow up appointments so they get coded differently so you can bill differently. also known as sequela

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

im the opposite of a morning person
barely conscious as long as its light outside but after that im fuckin great