Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Shoulda just kept WFT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

The WC

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
They already have a remote open-air prison too. Petition to nickname FedEx the Gulag.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the commies

the red scare

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

These were real, by the way

https://twitter.com/Commanders/status/1488863508565569537?s=20&t=7hWfrYJm684tFXGcYIhz0A

Lol, and also lmao

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1488865924337881095

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Oh right the NFL is allowing more than one helmet again which is great

But also lmao

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Lmao gently caress off with the black alternate unis

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ok this makes it somehow even easier to tell my childhood team to gently caress off forever. I guess I’ve ignored them long enough that I’m a New NFL Fan again, and can retry my fan pick right?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

In all seriousness, what is that W logo supposed to look like? Because I see a croissant someone pulled apart.

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

Lmao the commanders ahaha I love c-level brains

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/Thankyjack/status/1488864807335911432?t=Ib31SYXdTcJh_I6NyUhSvw&s=19
https://twitter.com/kevWFT/status/1488864123848990722?t=1PjuCfpc28SqDo1T8_Ph_Q&s=19
https://twitter.com/DurbiasFunke/status/1488863932676808714?t=jG-M4mOVafvP3gamiR0RvQ&s=19

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Congrats to the Charmanders on their new name. Char! Char!

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

At this point, I feel like an old disgruntled Baltimore Colts fan. There's still a team in Washington, but it's not the same team. I think I'll just be a Bills fan now

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Heh in Canada, WC is usually shorthand for Water Closet (i.e. the bathroom). :eyepoop:

LeeMajors posted:

Ok this makes it somehow even easier to tell my childhood team to gently caress off forever. I guess I’ve ignored them long enough that I’m a New NFL Fan again, and can retry my fan pick right?

Team agnostic is fun. Root for fun poo poo, clownball, and ties. Most importantly, root for Dan Snyder to die in a quick but incredibly painful way.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Komet posted:

At this point, I feel like an old disgruntled Baltimore Colts fan. There's still a team in Washington, but it's not the same team. I think I'll just be a Bills fan now

I hate to tell you this but this only makes you a fan of the owner cause nobody stays on the team longer then 20 years anyway.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Go Comandantes!

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

I hate to tell you this but this only makes you a fan of the owner cause nobody stays on the team longer then 20 years anyway.

The name and uniform form an identity that transcends generations. I suppose the name change was inevitable. But the team I grew up watching only exists in the past now, as a memory.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Komet posted:

The name and uniform form an identity that transcends generations. I suppose the name change was inevitable. But the team I grew up watching only exists in the past now, as a memory.

Really? They've been constantly poo poo the entire time I've been a fan of theirs (late 90s-present).

The new name is boring and generic but its still the DC team.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

shyduck posted:

Oh right the NFL is allowing more than one helmet again which is great

But also lmao

Are they different helmets or just different stickers on them? The one with the W up front is darker in the picture, but I can’t tell if it’s just the lighting or a different shell color.

Chucktesla posted:

Lmao gently caress off with the black alternate unis

:hmmyes: they’re dumb and bad

Quiet Feet posted:

Congrats to the Charmanders on their new name. Char! Char!

Washington Red Comets would have been a cooler name, and fitting because Char never really wins in the end :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1AAXRu3TBA

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

gently caress the Commanders and gently caress the Snyders forevermore.

But truthfully the name is not that bad all things considered. They could’ve hosed it up so much worse and I’m shocked it didn’t happen. I’ll continue to make fun of them and curse them forever until Snyder sells. But gently caress me they’re my hometown team and I’ll secretly root for them to win on Sundays. It’s such a loving dichotomy for us fans.

:smithicide:

But gently caress giving Snyder a dime or watching the shitshow live at FedEx field.

gently caress

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wonder how long the Kansas City Chiefs will remain now that the focus is off Washington. Watching the fans do the tomahawk chop/chant during the playoffs is so cringeworthy.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Cartoon Man posted:

But truthfully the name is not that bad all things considered. They could’ve hosed it up so much worse and I’m shocked it didn’t happen. I’ll continue to make fun of them and curse them forever until Snyder sells. But gently caress me they’re my hometown team and I’ll secretly root for them to win on Sundays. It’s such a loving dichotomy for us fans.

But gently caress giving Snyder a dime or watching the shitshow live at FedEx field.

gently caress

Good football post but an even greater philosophical exploration of the duality of man.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

lmao what an awful name

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The name is bad but those uniforms are terrible. Yuck.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Washington Commandos would have been cooler, and I guarantee some old color commentators or other sports people will call them that by mistake.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
lol they literally stole the name and slogan from an AAF team

https://twitter.com/aafcommanders

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Washington Military-Industrial Complex

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Everything about this rebrand is so lazy and uninspired and they had multiple years to do it.

lol

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I like the name but the branding is pathetic. They could have made the W a battleship!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

RumbleFish posted:

Everything about this rebrand is so lazy and uninspired and they had multiple years to do it.

lol

DanSnyder.txt

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

These uniforms are horrendous, holy poo poo, the black one especially

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Washington Cummies

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 2, 2022

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

fartknocker posted:

DanSnyder.txt

Yeah, pretty much just feels like he wanted to come up with the worst possible thing in retaliation for having to change the name in the first place.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Cartoon Man posted:

gently caress

Yeah, all of this...although I think I hate the name more than you do. It's completely uninspired, the most corporate-boardroom-rear end name that they could have come up with. I'm sure it's a Danny S. original, since the man has nothing but sewage running through his head.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

steelers jersey from one of those chinese knockoff websites

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

how did a Steelers uniform get up there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

RumbleFish posted:

Yeah, pretty much just feels like he wanted to come up with the worst possible thing in retaliation for having to change the name in the first place.

didn't want to pay for one of the names that one guy squatted