Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

it snowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Update from above, my saddle finally arrived.

I ordered a handmade saddle from this workshop in France back before Christmas and it finally got here. It's very pretty :toot:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
that’s an ideale saddle on that bike imo

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Did a road trip over to San Diego for a work thing. Brought my bike. It was lovely.

Been exclusively riding my Specialized Crux w/ 28s for the last four months. Love that bike. But, it was fun to switch back to the ultra stiff and narrow road bike. So responsive and fast feeling.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
That’s my stomping grounds. Glad you enjoyed

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Certainly didn't Just rig a car horn 12v battery and LEDs to my cruiser

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

lol, now you just need to go out and ride other cyclists' asses to give them the full BMW-behind-me experience

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Jestery posted:

Certainly didn't Just rig a car horn 12v battery and LEDs to my cruiser

you should download the NIOSH sound meter app and let me know how many dB this is for the rider

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Sunny weekend ride

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

kreeningsons posted:

you should download the NIOSH sound meter app and let me know how many dB this is for the rider

Hit 80db

Loud enough to be heard , won't rock my socks, I'm happy

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Jestery posted:

Hit 80db

Loud enough to be heard , won't rock my socks, I'm happy

:rock: living the dream

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
It hit the mid 60s for the first time this year on my day off this past week. Took the opportunity to go out with the "new" wheels for the first time. It's all the very finest in mid-tier early 2010's technology.

God drat I missed riding outdoors, bike are so good.

It's supposed to be nearly 70 tomorrow, I think I've gotta make time to go on a long one.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Finally managed to track down all the parts I needed to get my new gravel bike built up.

It's a Carbonda CFR707. Very happy with how it rides - quite snappy.
The shifters look ridiculous, but I can't stop my brain from wanting to get narrow and aero. It just feels right!

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

bicievino posted:

Finally managed to track down all the parts I needed to get my new gravel bike built up.

The shifters look ridiculous, but I can't stop my brain from wanting to get narrow and aero. It just feels right!

flagged nsfw :eyepop:

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

bicievino posted:

:aaaaa:

rear end saver + mudguards though?

And did you get it painted yourself or by carbonada?

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Heliosicle posted:

:aaaaa:

rear end saver + mudguards though?

And did you get it painted yourself or by carbonada?

Carbonda painted it. Can't beat the pricing on that.

The mudguards will go on-and-off depending on what I'm doing, but the rear end saver doesn't weigh anything so I didn't bother removing it.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Put my fair weather commuter on a weight loss plan. Before:

After (4.5lbs lighter):

I went from whatever deep aluminum rims it came out of the junkyard with (they look like the ones that come standard on Pure cycles bikes) to Wabi sub-15 super lights. Black rims were out of stock, but the silvers with black tires/chain still look sharp IMO. It rides clean and snappy, even with a smaller cog than before. Gotta admit I'm pretty pleased.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Time to retire these wheels and get some that don’t suck

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

the silvers with black tires/chain still look sharp IMO. It rides clean and snappy, even with a smaller cog than before. Gotta admit I'm pretty pleased.

they do and you have every right to be! that's a neat bike and a poo poo ton of weight lost. do you not mind there not being any tape higher up on the bars?

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Lex Neville posted:

they do and you have every right to be! that's a neat bike and a poo poo ton of weight lost. do you not mind there not being any tape higher up on the bars?

I don't mind at all, but I only really ride it in the drops. I'm fortunate to have good flexibility and a short commute.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

PNW forests are magical

HAIL eSATA-n fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 27, 2022

Development
Jun 2, 2016

tall goon and smol goon

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Development posted:

Campy goon and campy goon

PoorPeteBest
Oct 13, 2005

We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're riding!

Commute mode Roadini on a blustery day.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
:discourse:

Excellent pic and bike

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
First ride on new bikecycle

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

that is a very nice looking bicycle

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That’s a good bichael. That’s a Sensah SRX Pro groupset with State’s name slapped on it isn’t it?

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

That’s a good bichael. That’s a Sensah SRX Pro groupset with State’s name slapped on it isn’t it?

Yeah It's Sensah for sure, and it looks identical when I looked up a photo. At first I was worried it was gonna be cheap junk; the levers feel sloppy and cheap when you're just standing next to the bike fiddling with them, but when you're actually riding and using them they feel really good. Shifts are super smooth and quick. Downshifts especially are so smooth I had to upshift and do it again a few times just to be sure it even happened.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah it’s been pretty solid on the stumpjumper I put it on. My only beef is the RD barrel adjuster doesn’t have any indents or anything to prevent it from rotating a bit due to vibrations and throwing off the indexing a bit. I’ll probably just run housing into the RD itself and put in an in-line barrel adjuster somewhere.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Those dirt roads are starting to clear up

New wheels on this- Nox skyline to dt240 hubs with 38 terreno zeros.. Came out to 1430g whcih is most of a pound lighter than the stock wheels which kind of sucked. Maybe I should have gone with a different rim as this is the lightest xc one and hookless with a 45psi max printed on it but I don't use more than that and they were lighter so...

Think I'll switch back to the G-ones and throw in some inserts a little later this spring. Not really needed with the lower elevation dirt roads but in the summer when we're doing dumb stuff in the mountains I think I'll want them.

jamal fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 11, 2022

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

If the best bike is the bike you ride

And the only bike I have that's not broken is the one that cost five bucks

Then five bucks can get you the best bike in the world

:sun:

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I think that bike is too big for you!

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass
Not really mine, but I am storing and piloting this beast of a tandem. Thats Stuart owner and stoker.

First Priest
Feb 12, 2010
I bought a road thing!

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
holy poo poo that looks so good. what model is it exactly? and what saddle? the green paintjob + tan side walls and saddle combo is :chefskiss:

First Priest
Feb 12, 2010

Lex Neville posted:

holy poo poo that looks so good. what model is it exactly? and what saddle? the green paintjob + tan side walls and saddle combo is :chefskiss:

Thanks! It's this. The top tube is also iridescent which makes it even better to look at :discourse:

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Got in a ride before the rain comes back again tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooper Hero
Sep 11, 2001
The costumed crapper

Dog Case posted:

Got in a ride before the rain comes back again tonight

That's beautiful. What lake is that?