Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I don't think the game sold very well? At the very least I remember hearing it wasn't very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait, wasn't that out years ago? Isn't it the "Paper Mario in all but name" game?

how dare you

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
paper mario is about mario and bug fables is about bugs they are not the same

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

jackhunter64 posted:

I'm waiting for the real bug snacks to return:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR_fa9jXXD4

God I love that game even though it is hot, steaming poo poo.

No other game let's you drive a space shuttle in to invading aliens in a vaguely Aztec village.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
body harvest is good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
i never got past the first level

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

final fantasy 9 remake :dudsmile:

There's gonna be a general FF9 revival soon. This remake, whatever form it takes, is also going to have an animated series to go with it that they announced sometime last year.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Detective No. 27 posted:

There's gonna be a general FF9 revival soon. This remake, whatever form it takes, is also going to have an animated series to go with it that they announced sometime last year.

How the hell did I miss this news? When was this all announced?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Read After Burning posted:

Was there ever talk of Nintendo porting Detective Pikachu to the Switch (or making a sequel)? I'm currently playing the original game on 3DS, and for some reason I seemed to remember there being rumors of a Switch port or sequel.

Definitely a game for the younger crowd, but it's a nice cute way to de-stress before bed. :kiddo:

It was announced in 2019 and is still in development. It's a sequel of some sort, we don't know if they're porting the original.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

Detective No. 27 posted:

Kingdom Hearts IV's existence pretty much confirmed the Nvidia leak was real. Final Fantasy Tactics Remastered is absolutely coming to Switch sometime in the future.

I'd set all of my Switch games on fire if I could have a FFTR right this instant.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Regy Rusty posted:

how dare you

Hey, I got my bug games that I've never played mixed up :shrug:

Also, I do remember everyone saying that bug fables had the RPG battle mechanics that PM64 and TTYD had. People who bitched about PMOK's fighting were directed to try that game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It also has the "Party member gives info on every screen in the game" except this time all three characters can chime in.

I need to get back to Bug Fables some day, I really dug what I played of it. Very charming and upbeat presentation.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Doom 1/2 ports got a new map pack today.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i never got past the first level

I memorized the cheat code to kill everything on screen and just spammed that through the entire game.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hell yeah that rules.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Lfgggg

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Chronojam posted:

How the hell did I miss this news? When was this all announced?

https://kidscreen.com/2021/06/21/cyber-group-lines-up-final-fantasy-ix-series/

It's being developed for a young audience. Which is fine. The game's basically a fairy tale.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I like musou but I am alarmed by how taken Nintendo is by realizing they can just have someone poo poo out a musou sequel to one of their hits and keep the money fountain flowing
It's been 3 years now for Three Houses, where's my new real fire emblem

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I like musou but I am alarmed by how taken Nintendo is by realizing they can just have someone poo poo out a musou sequel to one of their hits and keep the money fountain flowing
It's been 3 years now for Three Houses, where's my new real fire emblem

The people who make musou games are not the same people who make traditional Fire Emblem games. It isn't either/or.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

jackhunter64 posted:

I'm waiting for the real bug snacks to return:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR_fa9jXXD4

Just realizing decades after playing this game that they used the wrong 'its' in the title crawl.

I have a clear memory playing that game to the last level (I think), putting hours into it, and then getting stuck on some lovely geometry and dying, having to redo the entire level again. Never picked it up after that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ImpAtom posted:

The people who make musou games are not the same people who make traditional Fire Emblem games. It isn't either/or.

Actually the developer of the Warriors series, Koei Tecno, were the primary developers of Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Though Fire Emblem Three Hopes primary developer is Team Ninja

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wonder when Nintendo will release Advance Wars. The war doesn’t seem to be ending anytime soon but it seems the general public is mostly over it based on what people at work say

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can see it coming out at the end of the year since they have a vacuous hole in their Holiday 2022 schedule where Zelda used to be.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Actually the developer of the Warriors series, Koei Tecno, were the primary developers of Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Though Fire Emblem Three Hopes primary developer is Team Ninja

Neat, I genuinely did not know this.
It's nice to see studios stepping out of their niches, and I guess that's more what I'd like to see with some of these properties

Give me a full on fire emblem action RPG or an RTS or something. I've seen how warriors games work

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Intelligent Systems was the primary developer for Three Houses. They did have Koei Tecmo help them out. It is running on the Warriors engine and it shows.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Man now I really want a stylish Platinum style Fire Emblem game where you seamlessly switch between weapon triangle weapons and bow/magic it seems so perfect

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors were co-developed by Team Ninja and Omega Force (Dynasty Warriors devs), which are both owned by Koei Tecmo
afaik Team Ninja doesn't seem to be involved with Three Hopes, it's just Omega Force. they also weren't involved with Age of Calamity.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Omega Force does just fine solo, P5 Strikers and Dragon Quest Heroes were both good

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i just hope it's better than fire emblem warriors, which was absolute trash

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Detective No. 27 posted:

Intelligent Systems was the primary developer for Three Houses. They did have Koei Tecmo help them out. It is running on the Warriors engine and it shows.

that explains so much

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Please stop releasing games. There are already so many.

Can we just stop

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

mdemone posted:

Can we just stop

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Omega Force does just fine solo, P5 Strikers and Dragon Quest Heroes were both good

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 had what might've been the worst multiplayer setup I've ever seen in a game.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

An Actual Princess posted:

i just hope it's better than fire emblem warriors, which was absolute trash

If it is as good an “adaptation” of Three Houses as Age of Calamity was of Breath of the Wild it will be great.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Fire Emblem Warriors and Age of Calamity were both extremely underwhelming. Personally a little sick of these Warriors calibrations. They’re all pretty shallow.

Hyrule Warriors rules though.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Detective No. 27 posted:

https://kidscreen.com/2021/06/21/cyber-group-lines-up-final-fantasy-ix-series/

It's being developed for a young audience. Which is fine. The game's basically a fairy tale.

children need to learn about death and the near genecide of rat people early imo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

mdemone posted:

not on switch there isn’t lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Kirby was really loving good. I'll probably skip Switch Sports cause it seems laughably thin even for a "budget" title. I'm hyped as hell for Strikers and Splatoon 3 though. I don't really need many more games than that.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

not on switch there isn’t lmao

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

meant “good” games