Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

quarantinethepast posted:

I've developed the opinion that if a coffee doesn't taste good drinking it black and straight, it's not worth drinking at all. Forget about sugar or creamer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c1F0PpbHdg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

do i dare have coffee in the evening on a monday..

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

I've developed the opinion that if a coffee doesn't taste good drinking it black and straight, it's not worth drinking at all. Forget about sugar or creamer.

i dont drink creamer anymore but it's really more of a flavor multiplier. if the base of the coffee is bad, it's universally agreed to not be good. but if the base is good and you make it smoooooooooth? it's good, op.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

gonna spite you by having a good ol double-double for my second cup

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

:same:

i mean i still primarily drink cappuccinos because black coffee destroys my stomach and i like a nice sweetened cold brew on a hot summer day but my tolerance for bad coffee has plummeted over the years and if it needs a bunch of sugar and milk to be palatable i ain't botherin'

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
drank a coffee this am

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

fisting by many posted:

gonna spite you by having a good ol double-double for my second cup

not sure im on board with getting my coffee animal style

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

welcome

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lol different coffees taste different, shocker

some are better black, some are really accentuated with some type of lightening

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mediaphage posted:

some are really accentuated with some type of lightening

i dont want those, then

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Extra caffeinated today, family's sick and countries a mess, at least I've got my shakes under control for another hour

:sludgepal:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

graph posted:

i dont want those, then

thats totally fine, of course

lol i just think this "oh i drink BLACK COFFEE" like it's some winsome facet of your personality is hilarious and dumb

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
iced latte this afternoon

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i like a good black coffee, and will adjust as necessary down to diner sludge/office quality as needed

some types are enhanced with cream or some sugar and also good coffee, those are treats for me in addition to a nice work-a-day cup

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Coffee.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

drank too mutch coffee :(

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bean report: the filter blend from James Hoffman’s shop is real good

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

confession time: as i previously mentioned, my coworkers are deviant freaks who don't drink coffee so there's none in the office. i have purchased trader joes instant coffee in order to attempt some normalcy in my mornings. its ok but obviously no freshly brewed coffee

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

confession time: as i previously mentioned, my coworkers are deviant freaks who don't drink coffee so there's none in the office. i have purchased trader joes instant coffee in order to attempt some normalcy in my mornings. its ok but obviously no freshly brewed coffee

your allowed to bring a coffee maker to the office

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

and let these creeps near my coffee? absolutely not

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
gonna have a delicious late morning cup

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

the biggest victim of return-to-office is coffee quality

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Nobody Interesting posted:

great benefits such as:
- lovely coffee
- no midday naps
- cant pet your cat

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cat Face Joe posted:

That stuff is pretty okay, I sometimes use their beans if I don't have time to run to the coffee shop and pick up some.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

great benefits such as:
- lovely coffee
- no midday naps
- cant pet your cat

blessed to be in a remote-only company with my black coffee and my black cats

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

blessed to be in a remote-only company with my black coffee and my black cats

in one month and one week this will be me :coffeepal:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

great benefits such as:
- midday naps

just got up from one. feels goodman a+

going to drink coffee tomorrow

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Cat Face Joe posted:

bring in a french press

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i bought a big bag of kirkland beans and i neglected to read they were roasted by STARBUCKS

they're not great but drinkable. i wish i kne whow to read

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had first espresso in like 4 days after being sick with the roni. :feelsgood:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

does it taste good, too? my manager said his first sign he got it was he thought the coffee smelled weak one morning, when it smelled good again he knew he was getting better

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

i bought a big bag of kirkland beans and i neglected to read they were roasted by STARBUCKS

they're not great but drinkable. i wish i kne whow to read

not ideal but when things are too burnt for my tastes i’ll often do a coarse grind and cold brew that poo poo. yeah you’ll still get some of the dark bitter burnt flavours but it’s overall much smoother and bearable imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

post hole digger posted:

drank too mutch coffee :(

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Drank 3 keurig pods worth of coffee at work today.

Didnt poop

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Fayez Butts posted:

Didnt poop

they put something in the vents

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Fayez Butts posted:

Didnt poop

Better be prepared it ain't gonna pretty

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

a macchiato is nice when you want another cuppa but don't want a full cappuccino or a straight shot

hope everyone had a good coffee this morning :coffeepal:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
jamaican blend, double strong, double sweet

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i have great office coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

making some coffee to take while running errands, may reload at a nice cafe while i'm out.