Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

The Ozark finale really was impressively poo poo lol

All of Season 4 didn't do much for me.

Really the show was downhill when the Byrdes got directly in contact with the cartel. They started extending their superpowers of desperately talking people into poo poo to the actual source of the problem whereas they really seemed to be under threat when they were only dealing with intermediaries because the cartel itself could not be reasoned with at all.

Also when the show decided that politics is magic and Wendy has a magic fundraising friend who can make any politician do anything (offscreen) as long as he has money to do it with.

Weird in the finale I was expecting the Elizondos to figure it out. They had a scene where they seemed to mostly figure it out, Camilia's last conversation with Omar. I thought for sure the finale would be the Byrdes' plans falling apart because of that.

Also I have no idea what the FBI's goals even were by the end of it. The FBI was just gonna murder Omar why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://tvline.com/2022/05/05/minx-renewed-season-2-hbo-max/
Minx was renewed. Hopefully we at least hear something about the other shows.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

https://tvline.com/2022/05/05/minx-renewed-season-2-hbo-max/
Minx was renewed. Hopefully we at least hear something about the other shows.

Certain big snake, milky robot themed shows.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Alhazred posted:

Certain big snake, milky robot themed shows.

:hai:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

I have more faith that HBO can produce a good GoT follow-up than I do that Amazon can make a good LoTR show.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ruddiger posted:

Peacock needs to stream all the USA Up All Night stuff.

Gimme whole program blocks of the USA cartoon express with the original bumpers and commercials too, gently caress it.

Just so you're aware, there is a dude out there who takes (currently the Rhonda years of) USA Up All Night, and splices in uncut blu-ray copies of the movies. He trims the bumpers/commercials for these, but I think he keeps relevant ones intact on other archival projects he does. Worth Googling around.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Minx is rad, happy to hear about the renewal

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

That's a loving awful tagline.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The funniest thing about The Pentaverate is that Netflix saw the final product and buried it. No buzz at all.

Mike Myers' career is double dead except for Shrek at this point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wasn't he shopping a new Austin Powers around?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

fez_machine posted:

The funniest thing about The Pentaverate is that Netflix saw the final product and buried it. No buzz at all.

People need to stop assuming The Algorithm gives everyone the same results.

It's the top banner for me when I log into Netflix.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

bull3964 posted:

People need to stop assuming The Algorithm gives everyone the same results.

It's the top banner for me when I log into Netflix.

I'm not currently subbed to Netflix. I had no idea it even existed before today because nobody was talking about it at all.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

Wasn't he shopping a new Austin Powers around?
Well he gave this quote recently on the subject

Mike Myers posted:

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence or non-existence of such a project, should it exist or not exist?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

There's also a script to a Shrek 5 that's been around for a few years now, by the guy who did the second and third Austin Powers. It was supposed to start filming in 2019.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

External Organs posted:

Remember when Doctor Romano fell in love with a workplace helicopter? :roboluv:

He just couldn't quit that helicopter; what a one sided crush.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gimme another Wayne's World.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rhyno posted:

Gimme another Wayne's World.

Just a couple of 60 year olds desperately clinging to their public access empire

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZM2NqmIr8k

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I feel awful for Matt Smith. He was genuinely great in Doctor Who but everything he’s done afterward (save maybe The Crown) has either been forgettable or awful.

The guy really needs a better agent.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Azhais posted:

Just a couple of 60 year olds desperately clinging to their public access empire

gently caress, a Wayne's World reboot would probably be about their kids running a youtube channel or something.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Bill and Ted 3 already covered the “two loser musicians stuck in the past suddenly find themselves over 50” plot that Wayne’s World 3 would do, but badly and with a whole bunch of stale references.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I feel awful for Matt Smith. He was genuinely great in Doctor Who but everything he’s done afterward (save maybe The Crown) has either been forgettable or awful.

Yeah he was great in The Crown.

I mean, at least he gets to star in those Fantastic Beasts films, which aren't great but I guess must be a good payday. Oh no, wait, that's (Academy Award winner!) Eddie Redmayne doing an 11th Doctor impersonation :mad:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I would happily sacrifice Eddie Redmayne’s entire career for just one good post-DW Matt Smith movie role.

Remember when he was Skynet? :laffo:

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I would happily sacrifice Eddie Redmayne’s entire career for just one good post-DW Matt Smith movie role.

Remember when he was Skynet? :laffo:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah he had a weird stretch where he kept getting written out of movies.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Can someone with the extension let me know the like/dislike ratio on this thing?

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Looks like NBC ordered up the Quantum Leap reboot.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1522373204064575489

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, I've got to say Strange New Worlds got me with their Kirk fake out. For those wondering they mention a "Lt Kirk" multiple times in the episode before he shows up and its some dude named Samuel Kirk.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Finished Corporate a 3 season, 26 episodes, Comedy central show about corporate life in yor mid20s.

As someone in a similar position to the main characters I really enjoyed it. It's really good.

I don't think I ever saw any of the actors anywhere else, except for Lance Reddick who is outstanding as always playing the evil CEO, redundant, I know.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

ruddiger posted:

Peacock needs to stream all the USA Up All Night stuff.

Gimme whole program blocks of the USA cartoon express with the original bumpers and commercials too, gently caress it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ1Lp4PziZY

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nemo posted:

Finished Corporate a 3 season, 26 episodes, Comedy central show about corporate life in yor mid20s.

As someone in a similar position to the main characters I really enjoyed it. It's really good.

I don't think I ever saw any of the actors anywhere else, except for Lance Reddick who is outstanding as always playing the evil CEO, redundant, I know.

That was a great show.

Anne Dudek has been in a few things. House, Mad Men

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

muscles like this! posted:

Well, I've got to say Strange New Worlds got me with their Kirk fake out. For those wondering they mention a "Lt Kirk" multiple times in the episode before he shows up and its some dude named Samuel Kirk.

Isn't that James T Kirk's brother?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Davros1 posted:

Isn't that James T Kirk's brother?

Yep, the same one who gets killed by flying jellyfish (and was played by Shatner in makeup and a mustache) on TOS

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yep, the same one who gets killed by flying jellyfish (and was played by Shatner in makeup and a mustache) on TOS

I first saw that ep when I was 5 years old, and those jellyfish things grossed me out. The salt vampire was pure nightmare fuel. And the Horta looked like a giant scab. OG Star Trek was gross.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I keep forgetting how good he is, his run as the Doctor was by far the one I liked the least from the new series, though that wasn't his fault.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Apparently Mormons have the gift from god to remember exactly the right things to give perfect exposition

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

fez_machine posted:

And no loving wonder. A few beers in tonight and I decided "you know, I'm gonna put on the first episode. I like bad TV in an entertaining way, this will be funny to laugh at,"

This is ... absolute dogshit. I laughed at Maria Menounos being a good gag, but geez every single decision they could have made on how to structure / write / shoot the show they decide "eh let's do the opposite". On the surface it seemed a little like "oh, it's like upright citizen's bridage, a central conspiracy theme but linking a sketch show staring Mike Myers"? THAT'S ALL THEY HAD TO DO, but instead it's played seriously and I cannot image who watched episodes 1 and went I NEED MORE.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

DC Murderverse posted:

Apparently Mormons have the gift from god to remember exactly the right things to give perfect exposition

yeah, it's a bit much. I'm still enjoying the show though

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

isaboo posted:

yeah, it's a bit much. I'm still enjoying the show though

I was ok with it in the first couple episodes but when the 8 year old girl started reciting memories from years ago with perfect clarity in the middle of a traumatic thing I was just like “ok come on now”

I still like the show a lot but I’m just having to accept that it’s like 2/3 exposition and 1/3 Mormon True Crime. But 100% Andrew Garfield being an angel sent from heaven to act in poo poo I love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
oh gently caress that Outer Range finale got me lol