Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hbag posted:

i would go to the gym but my mentally ill zoomer brain doesn't want other people i know irl to know that im making efforts to improve my body for some reason

get some cheapo dumbbells you can use at home to build the confidence you need to go to the gym and pick up heavier weights than you can afford

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

get some cheapo dumbbells you can use at home to build the confidence you need to go to the gym and pick up heavier weights than you can afford

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
i hate my family knowing that i'm exercising so i tell them i'm going out to have sex and bam no questions asked. try that one hbag

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

they also know i do drugs so if i don't tell them they'll probably assume im off to shoot up heroin under an overpass or something

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

semaglutide has more like a 100% success rate

tiraglutide will lose you 20% of your weight when it comes out on market. its glp1 agonist, bariatric surgery, moving to an asian country or nothing

yeah the things that affect hormones being so effective make me put more weight on the hormonal theory of obesity. eat sugar or carbs, insulin spikes, your body reads insulin in your system as 'time of plenty dont touch the reserves' and you never actually burn fat. in like 30 years we're going to look back on fat america with 20-20 vision and know why the entire nation was obese, but today they're still figuring out how it's not another case of american exceptionalism.

mystes
May 31, 2006

On the subject of health and weight loss, today I baked a cheesecake that contains among other things (including the topping and crust):
5 eggs and 2 egg yolks
4 packs of cream cheese
1.5 sticks butter
1.5 boxes of graham crackers
8 ounces of goat cheese
at least 1 cup of sugar

RokosCockatrice posted:

yeah the things that affect hormones being so effective make me put more weight on the hormonal theory of obesity. eat sugar or carbs, insulin spikes, your body reads insulin in your system as 'time of plenty dont touch the reserves' and you never actually burn fat. in like 30 years we're going to look back on fat america with 20-20 vision and know why the entire nation was obese, but today they're still figuring out how it's not another case of american exceptionalism.
the idea that carbs are responsibility for current obesity levels was already thoroughly debunked decades ago, way before Gary Taubes wrote his lovely book that popularized it

It's pretty clear that people just tend to eat too much given unlimited access to tasty food

bob dobbs is dead is right that drugs that affect appetite are the only reliable means of weight loss but this stuff has gotten way too wrapped up various moralistic ideas and the naturalistic fallacy

mystes fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 30, 2022

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

im going to go nuke one of those tiny microwave pizzas we got with the groceries today

i also have a regular pizza in the fridge but the tiny microwave ones hit different

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

hbag posted:

they also know i do drugs so if i don't tell them they'll probably assume im off to shoot up heroin under an overpass or something

I feel like Brits should call overpasses "uppy-downy cross-cross roads" or something

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Truman Peyote posted:

i was pretty intimidated about going to the gym when i first started but in practice everybody just ignores each other when they're there. if you can somehow force yourself to try it, i think it would be worth it.

i saunter around the locker room naked and joke around loudly with the other old guys

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alright i did 1 rep of 12 box squats and either im doing them wrong or they're not that bad

mystes
May 31, 2006

hbag posted:

alright i did 1 rep of 12 box squats and either im doing them wrong or they're not that bad
I think the other people in this thread have been talking about squats with weights not bodyweight squats

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

when my dad took swimming lessons in the 60s the whole class would just hop in the pool butt naked. gently caress!

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Gotta start somewhere

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lord fifth posted:

i hate my family knowing that i'm exercising so i tell them i'm going out to have sex and bam no questions asked. try that one hbag

But sex is exercise.

Sexercise

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

mystes posted:

I think the other people in this thread have been talking about squats with weights not bodyweight squats

which ones produce more cake

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cls: poolside 😎

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

But sex is exercise.

Sexercise

otoh the original assumption, thet they were doing heroin, tends to more reliably lead to weight-loss.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Took the dog for a two mile walk around the neighborhood and drat near every yard had grills going and it smelled amazing.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Video Nasty posted:

Took the dog for a two mile walk around the neighborhood and drat near every yard had grills going and it smelled amazing.

it is a beautiful time of year. i got a box of cigars and look like such a tool puffing away on very long but extremely pleasant walks

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hbag posted:

which ones produce more cake

Lift heavy. You can do a goblet squat with anything you can pick up pretty much. Go read a beginner program and do a few major lifts

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
do they still sell diet pills like in requiem for a dream? just pop a few of those every day yeah

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lord fifth posted:

do they still sell diet pills like in requiem for a dream? just pop a few of those every day yeah

i dont want to do speed

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

hbag posted:

i dont want to do speed

kids today got no gumption

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

one or more of my neighbors has a wood fireplace and it makes the whole area feel pretty pleasant

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Back in my day kids would look for speed pills on the floor of the highschool and eat them indiscriminately. What is the world coming to

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

thats a lie i 100% do want to do speed i just dont want to become dependant on it

e: in fact im pretty sure that MDMA i took in 2018 was cut with it because 4 hours passed like nothing

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
a woman i went on one date with a year ago and then ended up blocking took lsd a few days ago and then started harassing me online because she "had a dream about me"

i forget what the point of this was i just wanted to share

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i still cant tell if that post about being 19 was a bit or not

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hbag posted:

thats a lie i 100% do want to do speed i just dont want to become dependant on it

e: in fact im pretty sure that MDMA i took in 2018 was cut with it because 4 hours passed like nothing

also you have adhd

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
hbag destroy your cognitive system challenge

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

hbag posted:

i still cant tell if that post about being 19 was a bit or not

which reality will make you happier? this is the land of dreams

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

also you have adhd

wait youre right i DO

why the gently caress did i lose 4 hours then

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

hbag posted:

wait youre right i DO

why the gently caress did i lose 4 hours then

time blindness is an adhd trait

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

MrQueasy posted:

time blindness is an adhd trait

yes but not for looking at a clock, looking at the middle-distance for a while because ooo pretty and then looking back at the clock and suddenly 4 loving hours have passed
time blindness is more like half an hour max

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

RokosCockatrice posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

mystes posted:

On the subject of health and weight loss, today I baked a cheesecake that contains among other things (including the topping and crust):
5 eggs and 2 egg yolks
4 packs of cream cheese
1.5 sticks butter
1.5 boxes of graham crackers
8 ounces of goat cheese
at least 1 cup of sugar

the idea that carbs are responsibility for current obesity levels was already thoroughly debunked decades ago, way before Gary Taubes wrote his lovely book that popularized it

It's pretty clear that people just tend to eat too much given unlimited access to tasty food

bob dobbs is dead is right that drugs that affect appetite are the only reliable means of weight loss but this stuff has gotten way too wrapped up various moralistic ideas and the naturalistic fallacy

Roosevelt posted:

i saunter around the locker room naked and joke around loudly with the other old guys

mystes posted:

Roosevelt posted:

when my dad took swimming lessons in the 60s the whole class would just hop in the pool butt naked. gently caress!

lol

Video Nasty posted:

hell yeah

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it is a beautiful time of year. i got a box of cigars and look like such a tool puffing away on very long but extremely pleasant walks

noice

PokeJoe posted:

Lift heavy. You can do a goblet squat with anything you can pick up pretty much. Go read a beginner program and do a few major lifts

lord fifth posted:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

thanks jonny

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Agreed. Also don't forget to dry your balls off with the hair dryer at the gym

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
cjs - took the day off and still got hassled by work. what the hell, work. take a hint.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Working today is unamerican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

PokeJoe posted:

Working today is unamerican

I did, because gently caress america