Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Stephen Harper posted:

...not a cult!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

What in the gently caress???

yeah that existed

i don't... want... to look it up again... so feel free to find it yourself if you're curious

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The best thing about blockchains is that anyone can put anything on one!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Homeless Friends is an AI generated NFT Collection on the Ethereum Blockchain made up of 9999 unique pieces of digital art. Our main goal for this project is to bring a little bit of joy and relief to those suffering from Homelessness.

We’ll do this by giving 20% of mint proceeds and 30% of ongoing yearly royalties to charities,

A whole 20%? :drat: Such generosity!

quote:

LIFETIME ROYALTIES to the original minter.

George mints (purchases) a homeless friend NFT #55 on mint day.
George sells Homeless Friend NFT for $1000 to Cindy
George receives 5% royalty back or $50
Cindy sells Homeless Friend NFT #55 to Bob for $10,000
George receives 5% royalty from sale or $500
Bob sells Homeless Friend #55 to Greg for $100,000
George receives 5% royalty from sale or $5000

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

trucutru posted:

A whole 20%? :drat: Such generosity!

george is gettin' upset

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

wait george sells it and gets not just the sale price but a "royalty" on his own initial sale?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Man there's a lot of money being poured into bouncing the line off 21,000

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Fabricated posted:

Man there's a lot of money being poured into bouncing the line off 21,000

imagine if shoveling real dollars into a fire sometimes produced a new stack of dollars every few stacks. how cool would that be?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Agile Vector posted:

wait george sells it and gets not just the sale price but a "royalty" on his own initial sale?

look coding the contract to disable the royalty for the first sale is too hard okay

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
oh no, it went back up to 21k!

wait, down it goes again

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Kraken's official culture document is quite something (emphasis theirs) https://kraken-culture.notion.site/

quote:

- We will engage in disputes with government agencies where outdated laws are unfairly exclusionary
- We will engage in lobbying, as a single-issue donor, supporting controversial politicians and legislation that furthers The Mission, possibly to the detriment of other civil rights causes
- We will advertise with and sponsor controversial television programs, podcasts, influencers and events, if it furthers The Mission
- We may incorporate firearm and self-defense training in to corporate retreats
- We will allow discussion and photographs of firearms in public (but optional) chat rooms
- We will not discriminate based on choices resulting from Krakenites exercising their right to bodily autonomy
- Retreat attendance is optional, however, remote participation may not be facilitated. Retreat activities are optional and we try to support several options to choose from.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i feel like they could just come out and say they're alt-right and if you don't like it you should cuck off somewhere else in a lot fewer words but ok

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Zamujasa posted:

oh no, it went back up to 21k!

wait, down it goes again

it's now bouncing around $20.5k. kinda hypnotic actually

but lol, if this is where it's struggling to stay during the daytime edt, i would bet it's gonna crater hard

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
wtf did they hire squeaky fromme to write their blog?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

i feel like they could just come out and say they're alt-right and if you don't like it you should cuck off somewhere else in a lot fewer words but ok

Here's the short version, from their CEO

https://twitter.com/jespow/status/1536978826344792064

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also

quote:

We will not discriminate based on choices resulting from Krakenites exercising their right to bodily autonomy

is such a loving weird way of saying... whatever it is they're trying to say here. like i can't actually tell, i think they're either saying they won't ban you if you exercised your right to CHOOSE to be one of those degenerate trans people in the most condescending and hostile way possible, or maybe they're saying "if you got a botched abortion that's fine"

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i know people are mostly just enjoying things, but staring at these graphs and trying to acribe structured meaning to them is what would have made you a coiner in another life.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

minor slights like "please stop calling me a slur at work" even though i told them that it should be fine because you people call each other it all the time and i'm just talking like you do!!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Isn't Kraken a character or something in the QAnon lore?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

also

is such a loving weird way of saying... whatever it is they're trying to say here. like i can't actually tell, i think they're either saying they won't ban you if you exercised your right to CHOOSE to be one of those degenerate trans people in the most condescending and hostile way possible, or maybe they're saying "if you got a botched abortion that's fine"

yeah i don't know what that one's about either. i can't imagine it's something good though

Shame Boy posted:

minor slights like "please stop calling me a slur at work" even though i told them that it should be fine because you people call each other it all the time and i'm just talking like you do!!!

excuse me, casually slinging around america's worst racist insult is vital to The Mission of bringing cryptocurrency to the masses

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Shame Boy posted:

Maybe they need to fire a bunch of people and hoping they can get them to quit instead.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1537106397367783426

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah he's going to move to seattle this week to work for amazon. when i asked him if that meant he's going to have to just move back east to VA in a few years, he had no idea what i was talking about and then dismissed it as seattle being "the real hq" after an explainer

they're both bougie as hell and both of their parents are high-up execs. so, too much, apparently

and yes, they made us split the bill even though it was 90% beer pitchers. i had literally one shot and my wife doesn't drink

Why are you friends with these people?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

it's now bouncing around $20.5k. kinda hypnotic actually

but lol, if this is where it's struggling to stay during the daytime edt, i would bet it's gonna crater hard

it's bouncing off of $20k as people generally predicted. when it does break through that floor, it's probably going to fall fast as the forces that have been propping it up increasingly find themselves underwater

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i know people are mostly just enjoying things, but staring at these graphs and trying to acribe structured meaning to them is what would have made you a coiner in another life.

i'm just watching the red blob and the green blob play tug of war and cheering the red blob on

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

come on red blob you can do it!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Paladinus posted:

Isn't Kraken a character or something in the QAnon lore?

it was a lawsuit and/or series of lawsuits by some crazyass lawyers that would supposedly bring about some of the more outrageous Qanon claims. those involved are currently working furiously to avoid hefty fines and disbarment for their involvement, as pretty much everything they affirmed to the courts were just crazy outrageous lies and they knew they were lies when they told them (the latter part is the real problem)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

people are going to show you some things i said and did, they are going to be horrific, vile, disgusting, many of you may be moved to tears of grief, but i promise if you had been there it would have been the most hilarious and poignant thing you've ever seen

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Azathoth posted:

it was a lawsuit and/or series of lawsuits by some crazyass lawyers that would supposedly bring about some of the more outrageous Qanon claims. those involved are currently working furiously to avoid hefty fines and disbarment for their involvement, as pretty much everything they affirmed to the courts were just crazy outrageous lies and they knew they were lies when they told them (the latter part is the real problem)

Well, we can only hope Kraken the exchange meets the same fate.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the behavior is only going to get more cult-like as the space compresses down to just the hardcore true believers

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

look i know this picture of me in blackface at the 2021 company halloween party looks bad out of context but if you'd just let me explain

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i generally don't give a poo poo about the price of crypto unless it's gonna be hilariously bad. luckily there's no shortage of that in sight

Boxturret posted:

i'm just watching the red blob and the green blob play tug of war and cheering the red blob on

basically this. let's go blobbo

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

look i know this picture of me in blackface at the 2021 company halloween party looks bad out of context but if you'd just let me explain

listen, there is going to be a lot of people criticising the tweets i made today and also some of the ones i'm going to make tomorrow but i promise i've learnt my lesson and i'm a changed person

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

kraken have another blogpost saying they're still hiring, which contains this gem:

quote:

It’s time to think about taking more of your paycheck in bitcoin because the fundamentals have only improved

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

this is just a bitcoin exchange right?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Qwertycoatl posted:

kraken have another blogpost saying they're still hiring, which contains this gem:

it's only down 30% this week

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Boxturret posted:

which like most crypto exchanges does a lot of firearms training at company retreats. yes.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

THE MISSION is love

THE MISSION is life

THE MISSION will give you warmth

Do Not disappoint THE MISSION

THE MISSION will not forgive

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Boxturret posted:

it's the future of losing all your money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
you can get a lot of dumb people to give you money if you cast yourself as the right-wing version of something