Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FFT posted:

You don't look like that until after you've done a bunch of push-ups and whatnots just before getting on camera.

See also Hemsworth and Jackedman, in between takes they had to do workouts to look that jacked

Yeah, but even they never looked like that.

Because while I wouldn't be surprised to find out they used some sort of steroids, they didn't use all of them all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Skwirl posted:

Because while I wouldn't be surprised to find out they used some sort of steroids, they didn't use all of them all at once.
I'd be surprised if they did them separately instead of in a bespoke Marvel Blend.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

kirbysuperstar posted:

what the gently caress is this psycho poo poo

Primal/Paleo. It's basically a huge misunderstanding of human diets throughout our past slash grift.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Does Liver Guy also sell supplements? That's usually the real grift.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

Philippe posted:

Does Liver Guy also sell supplements? That's usually the real grift.

Ding ding! Ancestral Supplements - sells both supplements and meat (I would link the website but it's not loading for me, so gently caress it.)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Read After Burning reminded me that it was Danny Gonzales who did the videos on the Liver King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zZk0NPxiGM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38ExeUlbH2k

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FFT posted:

I'd be surprised if they did them separately instead of in a bespoke Marvel Blend.
You just know they call it super-soldier serum

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Injecting all steroids and hormones at once to become More Than Human (a pile of goo enjoying its time on the ocean floor)

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

"Oh I bet you call everything fascist. Communist." Every time, so glad to be here.

I like the implication that calling mussolini’s Italy fascist is unwarranted

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Neito posted:

Primal/Paleo. It's basically a huge misunderstanding of human diets throughout our past slash grift.

I remember just last week reading an article about how they discovered evidence of cooking going back literally hundreds of thousands of years earlier than previously thought. Like before homo sapiens, I think. Something about thousands of fish teeth that were crystallised in a way that could only happen when exposed to a specific, controlled temperature for specific times (exactly what would happen with cooking.)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Taeke posted:

I remember just last week reading an article about how they discovered evidence of cooking going back literally hundreds of thousands of years earlier than previously thought. Like before homo sapiens, I think. Something about thousands of fish teeth that were crystallised in a way that could only happen when exposed to a specific, controlled temperature for specific times (exactly what would happen with cooking.)

Yeah they discovered neanderthal cooking

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2022/nov/23/oldest-cooked-leftovers-ever-found-suggest-neanderthals-were-foodies

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Imagine loving up a pancake so bad people are still talking about it 70,000 years later

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Vib Rib posted:

"Oh I bet you call everything fascist. Communist." Every time, so glad to be here.

The best thing is when you hear that, you just know they get called fascist on a daily basis.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Jayme posted:

Ding ding! Ancestral Supplements - sells both supplements and meat (I would link the website but it's not loading for me, so gently caress it.)

I watched a video linked in one of the threads about the discovery, and the dude was rich before he became The Liver King. He started the persona like two years ago for marketing and reached out to other bodybuilder doctor types to get recommendations for his needle routine. He got enormously popular in the BB world very quickly because he was jacked, "natural", and came with a Jorp-like set of 9 rules that were mostly good and obvious things to do to be healthier.
He claims his businesses are growing 50% year over year and they take in over $100 million annually now.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

cohsae posted:

My (least) favourite part of this video is right at the end when the guy on the right starts laughing. They both know it's complete bullshit and just for a second he lets the mask slip.

I suspect that's true of a lot of these figures. They know it's bullshit, theyre just in it for the lols and/or money. Didn't Alec Jones crack up laughing in the middle of one of his tirades?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Meanwhile I continue to beg any of these workout con artists to do a single leg day.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

lmao they edited the subheading from the first time i saw this

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
E: I swear that picture wasn't there when I hit quote

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I think it's high time to either drop the Latin "cum" or else lean deeply into it

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Brawnfire posted:

lean deeply into Latin "cum"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Pyroclastic posted:

He claims his businesses are growing 50% year over year and they take in over $100 million annually now.

This is some Vincent Adultman level poo poo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lumbermouth posted:

This is some Vincent Adultman level poo poo.

Leave me out of this.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

It's so funny just how upset the slave labour petrostate that wanted the World Cup for propaganda purposes are upset that countries that tend to go to the World Cup have gay people living, and it's also telling how many people are showing their complete asses unprompted because they value money over gay people.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/PantherKing14/status/1597979826367127553

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Telling the whole world that you've never cleared 50cc Flower Cup.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zero_Grade posted:

Meanwhile I continue to beg any of these workout con artists to do a single leg day.

I want to see one of these fitness gurus who only does leg day, like, their upper body is Timothy Chalamet and their lower body is the lower hindquarters of a horse

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Skwirl posted:

I want to see one of these fitness gurus who only does leg day, like, their upper body is Timothy Chalamet and their lower body is the lower hindquarters of a horse

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Skwirl posted:

You'll generally find this kind of thing in various types of cyclist:

Conversely, the real 'always skip leg day' athletes are olympic kayakers.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/red_gottie/status/1597890368317829122

https://twitter.com/xbtGBH/status/1597758601359405056

Skwirl posted:

Chun-li?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Friend of mine used to play DDR incessantly all through his teens and 20s.

He had calves like Popeye.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Bargearse posted:

The best thing is when you hear that, you just know they get called fascist on a daily basis.
"Happens to me constantly. Must be happening to everyone."

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Hemsworth got so swole before the last Thor movie that they had trouble finding a stunt double for him and had to tell him to tone it down a bit.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuX5_OWObA0

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Mister Speaker posted:

I remember reading a high end professional cyclist memoir where they explained they would actively skip any exercise or exertion that might give them some upper body muscle where it wasn't required.

Like he was on a Holiday with his wife (who was keen on Tennis) had found a villa with a Tennis Court they could use. But he absolutely refused to use it with her in case he put on an ounce or two of redundant muscle weight for his next race. According to him this would have been considered perfectly normal and reasonable behaviour amongst riders on the Tour.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
The idiot is me, because I just realized that I apparently don't know the difference between Cum Town and Chapo Trap House. :doh:

And here I thought Stavros H was one of the original Disco Elysium voice actors, OBVIOUSLY for Cuno.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Read After Burning posted:

The idiot is me, because I just realized that I apparently don't know the difference between Cum Town and Chapo Trap House. :doh:

And here I thought Stavros H was one of the original Disco Elysium voice actors, OBVIOUSLY for Cuno.

there's a character in disco elysium who's too fat to get off his chair and you went with cuno?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Mister Speaker posted:

Conversely, the real 'always skip leg day' athletes are olympic kayakers.

https://youtu.be/5_KBctBKGJA

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Deptfordx posted:

I remember reading a high end professional cyclist memoir where they explained they would actively skip any exercise or exertion that might give them some upper body muscle where it wasn't required.

Like he was on a Holiday with his wife (who was keen on Tennis) had found a villa with a Tennis Court they could use. But he absolutely refused to use it with her in case he put on an ounce or two of redundant muscle weight for his next race. According to him this would have been considered perfectly normal and reasonable behaviour amongst riders on the Tour.

There's probably some truth to this but it seems like it's taken obsessively far for wildly diminished returns. What happens if you accidentally eat a slightly larger apple than you normally do, or drink an ounce too much water?

Of course you probably see that level of obsessive behaviour in a lot of athletic disciplines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

There's probably some truth to this but it seems like it's taken obsessively far for wildly diminished returns. What happens if you accidentally eat a slightly larger apple than you normally do, or drink an ounce too much water?

Of course you probably see that level of obsessive behaviour in a lot of athletic disciplines.

It's also insane because there was a massive steroid scandal in bike racing not too long ago, and I doubt it means everyone stopped using steroids.