Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Roosevelt posted:

i was also going to say that it’s pretty recent. easier to deny the holocaust because most of the people around back then are dead

they died in the holocaust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PokeJoe posted:

they died in the holocaust

9/11 is a bigger deal than the holocaust because there are more survivors.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Casual Encountess posted:

apparently the british royal family is here in boston visiting and traffic is a shitshow. i wanna find them and throw tea at them and i cant be the only one in town feeling the call of the void

get a large crowd together to follow them everywhere 24/7 while singing the old Irish songs, like carolers

be sure to put on your balaclavas, it’s cold

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

i was also going to say that it’s pretty recent. easier to deny the holocaust because most of the people around back then are dead

doesn’t holocaust denial have quite early origins?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

presumably as soon as it was "announced" someone denied it

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

the term "concentration camps" was denial by itself

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

they were concentrating on something alright

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

people living next to dachau claimed not to be able to tell what was going on

they later admitted to being wrong

but they were probably lying in the first place

not to put too fine a point on it but what would you, or i do?

there are a great many very real injustices i'd like to march around and shout about but i am a coward

if one of my neighbors was rounded up though i would like to believe i'd put on some liquid courage and die bravely and stupidly with them

or idk, resist as well as one can

that's the fuitility of posting on the internet

not gonna fix the prison-industrial-military-police-complex by writing diatribes

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fart simpson posted:

9/11 is a bigger deal than the holocaust because there are more survivors.

i'd say its a bigger deal to americans than most things because we mostly all watched it happen live. the jfk assassination is a similar phenomenon. if you ask any old person (well, except hw bush when he was alive) where they were when jfk was shot and they'll have an answer because most of them were watching it happen live on tv.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yeah. even though i watched it on the news, i was able to see and smell it from new jersey

bad smell

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah. even though i watched it on the news, i was able to see and smell it from new jersey

bad smell

but enough about the fish delights.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

how could you distinguish the smell from standard new jersey?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

it smelled better for a change

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Mr. Nice! posted:

smelled like burning meat and oil instead of burning garbage

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5f-iPdX3CY

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
also one of the things i remember is how nice a day it was. really incongruous

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lmao

quote:

(Reuters) — Florida lawmakers are mulling plans to reverse a move that would strip Walt Disney Co. of its right to operate a private government around its famous theme-parks, the Financial Times reported on Friday, citing people briefed on the plan.

In April, lawmakers had given their final approval to a bill ending Walt Disney’s designation as a self-governing entity, in an apparent response to its opposition to a state law limiting the teaching of LGBTQ issues in schools.

The new law would also mean that Disney would have to pay more taxes, state governor Ron DeSantis had said in April when he signed the bill.

The state lawmakers are working on a compromise that would allow Disney to keep the arrangement largely in place with a few modifications, the FT reported.

Meanwhile, the return of Bob Iger as CEO last week could help pave the way for a resolution on the law, the FT report said.

The bill signed in spring this year by governor Ron DeSantis eliminates special governing jurisdiction that allowed the company to operate Walt Disney World Resort as its own city.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cowards

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Bob Iger held a meeting with employees basically completely backing off politics. So this is transactional- Disney basically bent the knee.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it’s very funny to me that a republican governor was able to wield and apply more power to one of the largest international entertainment companies i the world, but an entire liberal federal government hasn’t managed to pin anyone down about all the people getting deleted by a certain car manufacturer

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Kind of concerning that desantis straight up won but oh well, rising tide of fascism and all that

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fabricated posted:

Kind of concerning that desantis straight up won but oh well, rising tide of fascism and all that

It also came out that he used to torture people in Gitmo. Lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

this was always the intent. they set it to go into effect with more than enough time to basically put it back into place because it would absolutely fuuuuuuck the residents of orange county if rcid was actually dissolved.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

biden to rail workers: "gently caress your sick days, get back to work"

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1598498165530968069?t=DDCLDaSNIHbigieJLOOyAQ&s=19

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Dark Joe Brandon, the most pro-labor president in history, a true progressive

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

what’s the new bill

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

fart simpson posted:

what’s the new bill

From what I can gather from a couple of extremely poorly written articles about it: any rail strikes are now illegal. Some progressives tried to pass a version that included paid sick leave but that version failed.

Apr 7, 2003

The Senate could have passed the sick leave with 51 votes. Dems chose not to.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The Senate could have passed the sick leave with 51 votes. Dems chose not to.

thank you president manchin

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ADINSX posted:

From what I can gather from a couple of extremely poorly written articles about it: any rail strikes are now illegal. Some progressives tried to pass a version that included paid sick leave but that version failed.

what happens if they strike anyway

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The_Franz posted:

isn’t that just the same thing reagan did to atc

Apr 7, 2003

The_Franz posted:

Manchin can't win in WV as a Republican, he's dependent on the national Democratic Party. If they kicked him out tomorrow his political career would be over.

He's there as an excuse for why the Dems can't do all the wonderful things they want to do for you.

Dems never intended to pass sick leave.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

fart simpson posted:

isn’t that just the same thing reagan did to atc

iirc, he fired and blacklisted all of them so they could never work in the industry again

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Manchin can't win in WV as a Republican, he's dependent on the national Democratic Party. If they kicked him out tomorrow his political career would be over.

He's there as an excuse for why the Dems can't do all the wonderful things they want to do for you.

Dems never intended to pass sick leave.

yeah, i know. i was being facetious

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

fart simpson posted:

what happens if they strike anyway

I hope we get to find out, it’s insane they don’t get sick leave

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

ADINSX posted:

I hope we get to find out, it’s insane they don’t get sick leave

"you can't not work, that's illegal!"
"what are you going to do, arrest us? how are we going to work from jail?"

alternatively:

"what are you going to do, arrest us for not working?"
- rail worker who was just arrested for not working

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Remember when the army shot striking miners with machine guns lol this country is loving garbage

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The_Franz posted:

"you can't not work, that's illegal!"
"what are you going to do, arrest us? how are we going to work from jail?"

alternatively:

"what are you going to do, arrest us for not working?"
- rail worker who was just arrested for not working

there was someone in this very thread saying we should do exactly this, for nurses. lol

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The_Franz posted:

how are we going to work from jail?
got bad news about the american prison system

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

presented without comment

https://twitter.com/jeffsutherland/status/1598379315179421696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the scrumpilled brain can only think one way. not sure how standups and sprint points can fix “crippling labor shortage” and “systemic incentives to deny care”