Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote grandi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

alright we’ve nailed 2 scum. Just need to find the other one. I’m assuming there’s a 3. 3 scum, 1 3p and 12 townies?

Am I the second scum in this assumption?

Because I'm not.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I don't know. Grandi still voted Rhymes and was around at deadline. What bothers me more, though, is that the first two votes on him are Toal and IA, who I definitely see as sketchier.

I'd vote Toal, but that doctor claim is a death sentence if true, anyway.

##vote IA

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

How am I a likely scum lol I pushed rhymes for most of d1. Do you seriously think that I was bussing rhymes all day

Tbh I had forgotten you were sussing and voting RWC way early, thought for some reason it was only around when you posted that stuff about RWC's claim. Looks like I was most likely wrong about you.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
With the RB gone leaving the claimed doc alone to see how scum react at night seems like the best thing to do. ##unvote

Probably looking at IA or Grandi lunch for today, but I'm gonna take a closer look at them and a few other people before I decide.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Sand Grandi Cloaca are where I'm leaning. Grandi was around, defended RWC against hum loosely when hum said RWC disappeared at -1 after 20 minutes had passed from their last post. Kind of loose, but the eventual distracted by beat sabering, apathy vote on RWC looks like a scum's obligatory vote. I stand by that.

Sand and Cloaca not voting could bea ttributed to something else I suppose.

But toal's after deadline vote is :eyepop: on its own.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
hmmm...

##vote toal

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
After some review Grandi trying to sway the vote from RWC while keeping that would vote at deadline reservation with this post looks worse to me ##vote Grandicap

Grandicap posted:

This the only sus RWC post I see. I don't have a problem with the rest of their stuff, but this one is very self conscious about the Sandvig and Sand's reaction to Sandvig.
Not voting here unless we hit deadline and need to not no execute.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm torn between ignoring it, or saying something, but I absolutely did try and swing the execution away from RWC yesterday. I didn't see it. I was wrong.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Idle Amalgam posted:

hmmm...

##vote toal

Explain?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Toalpaz posted:

Don't give up!

mostly stuff like this.

This was 5 minutes before deadline

Instead toal waits until 2 minutes after to do their going to bed vote.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Idle Amalgam posted:

mostly stuff like this.

This was 5 minutes before deadline

Instead toal waits until 2 minutes after to do their going to bed vote.

And today has the gall to say that idiot town didn't hammer, yeah. I'm only not voting Toal because of her claim.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Pretty much toal just spammed don't give up after they tried to angle onto Mae.

I thought Mae was scum so I won't fault them there, but it wasn't even an effort on their part that I can tell.

Literal post order from them in a single game day:
  • Powerful town vibes from Mae - 8:03 AM - US CST
  • Binus will you make a town call on me - 7 hours later - 13:15 PM - US CST
  • I would vote sandwolf for claiming this early under no pressure, seems sussy - 13:15 PM - US CST
  • If someone has a vig, you should vig me because it would be funny - 40 minutes later - 13:55 PM - US CST
  • ##vote RWC (completely unexplained vote) - About 5 hours later - 19:15 PM - US CST
  • Illu is acting very suspiciously - 6 minutes later - 19:21 PM - US CST
  • ##vote Mae (completely unexplained vote, what happened to the powerful town vibes from the morning???) - about 1.5 hours later - 20:55 PM - US CST
  • There's still enough time to vote mae out, don't give up folks - 1 minute later - 20:56
  • don't give up (RWC) +0 minutes
  • don't give up (hum) +0 minutes
  • don't give up (grandi) +0 minutes
  • don't give up (bee) +1 minute
  • don't give up, 1 hour later, 5 minutes before deadline
  • ##vote rwc - 2 minutes after deadline

So don't give up everyone. Vote out town.

Even though I lurked most of the game day and came in with hottakes that "MIGHT" have been bad and I didn't support the RWC vote because I think d1 votes usually are led by scum against town, Toal's posts don't seem town oriented at all.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Seems more shooting the poo poo toal then I'm town toal who has been wrongly accused or I'm town toal who is actively engaged or I'm town toal who is disengaged.

This is a post padding scum toal.

A scumpaz if you will.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Yeah.... drat, I guess the doc claim is something, would be bold to claim doc and not be the doc unless scum somehow had some prescient knowledge about the setup, got a doctor role legitimately, or somehow could infer town might not have a doctor, or figured it'd be worth the heat of drawing out the real doc despite having lost a scum teammate.

Hmm, from a scum POV, I don't think the sound move after losing a teammate is to counter-claim the unclaimed doctor.

That doesn't seem like a scum play.

But I'll be god damned if toal hasn't played scummily overall.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

Yeah.... drat, I guess the doc claim is something, would be bold to claim doc and not be the doc unless scum somehow had some prescient knowledge about the setup, got a doctor role legitimately, or somehow could infer town might not have a doctor, or figured it'd be worth the heat of drawing out the real doc despite having lost a scum teammate.

Hmm, from a scum POV, I don't think the sound move after losing a teammate is to counter-claim the unclaimed doctor.

Aite, hmm ##unvote

FOR NOW!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

wologar posted:

And today has the gall to say that idiot town didn't hammer, yeah. I'm only not voting Toal because of her claim.

Oh sorry, it does sound better like this doesn't it.

Grandicap posted:

I'm torn between ignoring it, or saying something, but I absolutely did try and swing the execution away from RWC yesterday. I didn't see it. I was wrong.

Would you rather have someone telling you how it is or are you going to trust a no claim, sniveling for town forgiveness after trying to defend scum, and turboing a town player.

Really, both of our posts are excuses but one is packaged so as to make you not want to vote him, the other is the frank truth.

Grandi unvoted for me but is interested in hammering doc claim. He has no other leads other than defending himself today and no day 1 theory other than defending rwc.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Toalpaz posted:

Would you rather have someone telling you how it is or are you going to trust a no claim, sniveling for town forgiveness after trying to defend scum, and turboing a town player.

Really, both of our posts are excuses but one is packaged so as to make you not want to vote him, the other is the frank truth.

Grandi unvoted for me but is interested in hammering doc claim. He has no other leads other than defending himself today and no day 1 theory other than defending rwc.

lmao

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS THEN, NERD?:

Idle Amalgam posted:

Pretty much toal just spammed don't give up after they tried to angle onto Mae.

I thought Mae was scum so I won't fault them there, but it wasn't even an effort on their part that I can tell.

Literal post order from them in a single game day:
  • Powerful town vibes from Mae - 8:03 AM - US CST
  • Binus will you make a town call on me - 7 hours later - 13:15 PM - US CST
  • I would vote sandwolf for claiming this early under no pressure, seems sussy - 13:15 PM - US CST
  • If someone has a vig, you should vig me because it would be funny - 40 minutes later - 13:55 PM - US CST
  • ##vote RWC (completely unexplained vote) - About 5 hours later - 19:15 PM - US CST
  • Illu is acting very suspiciously - 6 minutes later - 19:21 PM - US CST
  • ##vote Mae (completely unexplained vote, what happened to the powerful town vibes from the morning???) - about 1.5 hours later - 20:55 PM - US CST
  • There's still enough time to vote mae out, don't give up folks - 1 minute later - 20:56
  • don't give up (RWC) +0 minutes
  • don't give up (hum) +0 minutes
  • don't give up (grandi) +0 minutes
  • don't give up (bee) +1 minute
  • don't give up, 1 hour later, 5 minutes before deadline
  • ##vote rwc - 2 minutes after deadline

So don't give up everyone. Vote out town.

Even though I lurked most of the game day and came in with hottakes that "MIGHT" have been bad and I didn't support the RWC vote because I think d1 votes usually are led by scum against town, Toal's posts don't seem town oriented at all.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I was just stirring poo poo, RWC happened to be scum though so lmfao.

I think last minute swings are hilarious.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

So I'm going to explain what I thought was funny. You know how during the climax of games like Dangan Ronpa or Undertale there are scenes where the protagonist rallies the team out of a stupor to fight the good fight against the antagonist? I thought it would be funny to randomly defend a nobody to swing onto a person I didn't have a read on, just to see what would happen.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Idle Amalgam posted:

On the other hand Toal was already under very heavy pressure today and doc claim is a pretty good scum move at that point, since you don't have to provide real town clears following days unlike cop and could smoke out a powerful town role when you're already likely to go down. All this considered I don't wanna lunch Toal today, but unless some some clearing night actions happen she's very much on the chopping block to me in the future.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

Why are you trying to portray this as a me vs you thing? I think I'm going to be the execution for the day. I think it makes sense, and I already claimed VT so we can lose me. But it isn't a me or you thing...
I do think you are more likely scum than not, but if you are town you lasting for a while is unlikely. If I do go down today, please keep that in mind that the longer the game goes on without Toalp nightkilled, the more likely she is scum.

As far as why would a scum Toalp claim doc, there are 2 paths.
1) We had 2 kills last night so a scum doc is plausible. I think this is the less likely option of scum-Toalp
2) Toalp was -2 like 8 hours into the day. It was looking like a possible turbo, anything to throw some water on it. Either get a counter claim, or in a doc-less game, just ride that claim as long as possible.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I wasn’t around at deadline because I am forgetful and was chilling with a friend. Bad excuse but truth. No excuse for not voting much of the day but I was fairly “on” RWC throughout most of it.

I’m inclined to vote Toal today but the doc claim does give me hesitance. Grandi doing the “hat in hand” thing also feels a little forced, like he’s admitting to more than he has to to look innocent.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

So I'm going to explain what I thought was funny. You know how during the climax of games like Dangan Ronpa or Undertale there are scenes where the protagonist rallies the team out of a stupor to fight the good fight against the antagonist? I thought it would be funny to randomly defend a nobody to swing onto a person I didn't have a read on, just to see what would happen.

So on further reading this seems pretty baf, was the person you tried to swing onto Maer who you had town vibes on earlier or myself or myself who you called out for suspicious play. Either way you really didn't swing onto a player you had no read on.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Toalpaz posted:

But you were part of the problem! The biggest part in fact.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Illusionis posted:

On the other hand Toal was already under very heavy pressure today and doc claim is a pretty good scum move at that point, since you don't have to provide real town clears following days unlike cop and could smoke out a powerful town role when you're already likely to go down. All this considered I don't wanna lunch Toal today, but unless some some clearing night actions happen she's very much on the chopping block to me in the future.

This is where I'm at. Toal is all over the place and likely scum, but on the off chance that she's actually doctor, it'd be better to look somewhere else for now.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I thought Grandi was scummy even before he tried to move the vote off rwc so I think that's definitely the right vote today

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
If Toal is not scum and doesn't die tonight we clearly eat her tomorrow

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Does anyone wanna claim to have killed rwc?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Does anyone wanna claim to have killed rwc?

Mmm. What do you think we have to benefit from that rn? That person is almost certainly confirmed Town and should keep their mouth shut for a bit imo

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If Toal is not scum and doesn't die tonight we clearly eat her tomorrow

This post is bad and AN should feel bad

One night of not being killed does not mean automatically go after Total.

Especially with out know that I will flip town.

This feels like AN knows I will flip town and can turn it to Toal tomorrow.

If AN flips scum, toalp us basically confirmed based on this post alone.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote AN

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ehh idk about that. Why would confirmed town not want to tell the rest of us town that they're town?

It's not likely that any townie who had the ability to kill rwc would have MORE abilities.

If someone killed rwc and doesn't claim, my guess is they are a 3p/sk

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
My response was to Sandwolf clearly and not the garbage OMGUS Grandi just posted

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I don’t think we gain much by the vig claiming. It would only be beneficial if they are risk of being of lunched or we are close to mylo.

I’m not liking the role fishing from AN here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ehh idk about that. Why would confirmed town not want to tell the rest of us town that they're town?

It's not likely that any townie who had the ability to kill rwc would have MORE abilities.

hmmm…

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

This also seems like a stretch to me. Plenty of reasons for the vig not to claim immediately after hitting scum.

3p speculation isn’t a great look this early in the game

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

My response was to Sandwolf clearly and not the garbage OMGUS Grandi just posted

Just because you don't like it, it doesn't make it an OMGUS. Trying to make my argument seem like it is without merit rather than engaging with it is telling.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
A townie would have claimed the vig right away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me