Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
:bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Burritos wait for no man

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

wologar posted:

Anyway, right now I'm feeling Illusionis and Obama. Illusionis was very eager to turbo Grandi and changed gears when that didn't pan out. Obama seems very... curt? I don't have much experience with him as a player, but his posts today look very defensive.

What gears did I change? You making stuff up now? Are you Grandi's scumbuddy?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I sent the exact same message to Maerlyn and wologar last night and only Maerlyn acknowledged that she received it

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The only thing I've noticed with GW is that like half of their posts have been excuses for not posting more, and they hopped really quickly on the Anarc vote for.. basically nothing.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The only thing I've noticed with GW is that like half of their posts have been excuses for not posting more, and they hopped really quickly on the Anarc vote for.. basically nothing.

Yea I noticed this as well. It’s a tactic that scum like to use. Hey sorry guys I’m still getting caught up etc

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1 posted:

Yea I noticed this as well. It’s a tactic that scum like to use. Hey sorry guys I’m still getting caught up etc

To be fair I do this as either alignment... I'm trying to not let myself get overly caught up in mafia and focus on other things otherwise I tend to burnout fast. It's not always successful (as I post at work).

Will scum actually die if you target them? If wolo did receive a message/is scum I could table him and see if he is still alive tomorrow which would clear him.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

b-minus1 posted:

Wologar I’m wondering why you didn’t acknowledge Maerlyns post that I quoted

b-minus1 posted:

I sent the exact same message to Maerlyn and wologar last night and only Maerlyn acknowledged that she received it

I did receive it. I assumed it was just a random message someone sent but hey, if what it said was true, why make people aware that next night something magical (an action? a bp?) would happen?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Illusionis posted:

What gears did I change? You making stuff up now? Are you Grandi's scumbuddy?

lol, c'mon

You went from "let's kill Grandi, grrr" to "actually my top picks are:"

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Green Wing posted:

Wednesday is my tabletop night so I won't be posting much until tomorrow, but for the record my current highest scum pick is wolo, and:

Like this is clearly a cop softclaim right? Why not just come out and say that rather than doing the binus thing, at least then we know the implications of any wolo flip on you.

I honestly can't explain why I haven't really done much reads on Obama this game, he's sort of just passed me by.

:thunk: Isn't this blatant rolefishing?

##vote GW

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

wologar posted:

##vote GW

Literally posting on my phone because this post is sending me into a blind rage. It's not rolefishing where somebody has *clearly softclaimed* and I was seeking clarification which has since been received, ffs

##vote wologar continuous ridiculous posting about me throughout the game and has now progressed to a vote because he thinks that I'm under pressure.

And this message poo poo, which he hasn't addressed, and which there is no town reason for not mentioning.

The pressure on me is also bad - I apologise for not posting much because I'm not posting much, did so in my last game as well, was town there. What am I meant to do about that.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

PlasticAutomaton posted:

This is also a bad argument, I have been giving content and posts, I've just also been a bit distracted and have acknowledged it.

Note also that plastic was one of the people I have been suspicious of since the start of this game - on day 1 was top of my list iirc - and now comes in with this weak thing when it looks like the oracle has spoken.

Right I'm getting back to my game. Got me all tilted here.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Green Wing posted:

And this message poo poo, which he hasn't addressed, and which there is no town reason for not mentioning.

I addressed it minutes before the post that you quoted:

wologar posted:

I did receive it. I assumed it was just a random message someone sent but hey, if what it said was true, why make people aware that next night something magical (an action? a bp?) would happen?

Do you have a script that alerts you whenever someone mentions you or something? Lol.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

wologar posted:

lol, c'mon

You went from "let's kill Grandi, grrr" to "actually my top picks are:"

Cmon yourself, honestly this is so blatant twisting that it's actually making me wonder if it could be a sincere mistake. On the other hand Wolo has been defending Grandi a bunch and was more than happy to keep his vote on the tracker while ducking out.

Illusionis posted:

Binus, Cloaca, Maer and Plastic all look pretty town to me, IA is also out of consideration due to the claim still.

Of the remaining players my top picks for the other scum would be Sandy, Wolo and GW.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Why would scum wologar not mention the binus message? I’m not following this line of enquiry

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Green Wing posted:

The way that Illu reacts to binus asking for VT claims pings me very hard.

I can see the scumminess in Rhymes and would be willing to vote there but tbqh they're not top of my list.

This is Plastic's last post - hasn't posted since giving the really weird responses about the film reference thing. It reads to me like lying low after a misplay.

Scum reads: plastic, wol, Illu, RWC, Maerlyn, in that order.

##vote PlasticAutomaton

I'm going back to sleep now but given how screwed my sleep schedule is I'm just going to set a deadline alarm to wake up and see if I need to change my vote avoid a no-kill or something.

Okay reading GW. This post stands out. Semi calls out RWC but doesn’t want to vote there yet.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Why would scum wologar not mention the binus message? I’m not following this line of enquiry

I think it’s like… scum wolo would keep that close to the chest even after Maerlyn brought it up?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
My vote has not changed, my opinion on him has not changed, I want to lunch Grandi today and have one less scum to worry about tomorrow.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Green Wing posted:

Yo ho ho, It Is A Hedge Post. A very obvious hedge post! I will never not see "I'm still on with voting for this person but I'm starting to thing their posts are fine", or similar, as anything other than a whopping great scum team.

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

This post as well doesn’t quite sit right with me. It’s a very ‘Gotcha’ post

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Illusionis posted:

Cmon yourself, honestly this is so blatant twisting that it's actually making me wonder if it could be a sincere mistake. On the other hand Wolo has been defending Grandi a bunch and was more than happy to keep his vote on the tracker while ducking out.

Hm, yeah, ok.

I've defended Grandi a lot because I didn't see him as scum and he felt similar to Robots mafia.

His self-vote today still doesn't sit well, though.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Sandwolf posted:

I think it’s like… scum wolo would keep that close to the chest even after Maerlyn brought it up?

But why?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

Why though? To what end? Surely if he’s scum he knows a town player sent him it? Why would he then keep it to himself?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sorry if I’m being stupid here but I don’t get it

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Anyway would vote illu or gw today

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Sorry if I’m being stupid here but I don’t get it

I’m not entirely sure myself tbh

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

wologar posted:

I wanted to see if you would let everyone know that you have been marked for death

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

b-minus1 posted:

I wanted to see if you would let everyone know that you have been marked for death

Yarr! :black101:

I'd only be marked for death as scum, tho. As town, all sharing the message does is putting a target on my back for later nights.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

wologar posted:

Yarr! :black101:

I'd only be marked for death as scum, tho. As town, all sharing the message does is putting a target on my back for later nights.

I do agree with this, I feel like a scum player would be more likely to share it in hopes of the townie who did it outing themselves and a town player would be more likely to keep it a secret to make use of the boon without letting scum know.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Illusionis posted:

I do agree with this, I feel like a scum player would be more likely to share it in hopes of the townie who did it outing themselves and a town player would be more likely to keep it a secret to make use of the boon without letting scum know.

If somebody actually believed that town had a delayed vig that only hits scum when we've already had one vig kill on scum that is.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Illusionis posted:

Do you think Maerlyn is scum?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Do you think Maerlyn is scum?

It is making me wonder a bit, my previous read on her has been pretty towny though. I'll give her a re-read after Stardew has been done quick.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Illusionis posted:

If somebody actually believed that town had a delayed vig that only hits scum when we've already had one vig kill on scum that is.

Yeah doesn’t seem likely

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Hmm rereading sandwolf I’m leaning town on him I think. Was pushing RWC quite a bit D1 despite missing deadline

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

wologar posted:

Anyway, right now I'm feeling Illusionis and Obama. Illusionis was very eager to turbo Grandi and changed gears when that didn't pan out. Obama seems very... curt? I don't have much experience with him as a player, but his posts today look very defensive.

Just remembered this post and could be bias but really don’t like it. I’m not sure where wologar sees me being defensive as not many people have pointed the finger at me today. Feels like someone trying to drum up a bad case.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m still annoyed that we didn’t lunch grandi yesterday. But we need to lunch green wing or wologar today

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1 posted:

I’m still annoyed that we didn’t lunch grandi yesterday. But we need to lunch green wing or wologar today

Isn't wolo gonna die if he's scum or is that just what you wrote to scare people?

If your text is fake and nothing's gonna happen, sure but if your basis for thinking he's scum is he didn't reveal his message after I did, I don't see that as scummy, but it's interesting. If he had mentioned before me I might have waited to see what was said.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah I’m not sure this is 1/10th of the gotcha binus thinks it is. Wolo could still be scum but I’m not sure THIS is the damning reason why

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
It’s a slam dunk

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
On a re-read of Maer I still think she looks fairly towny, mainly for voting early on RWC with reasoning that sounds genuine and AN's check on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
It looks like wologar and green wing were bussing during jokephase
Wologar responded to my post calling both him and green wing scum by saying “ I disagree”
He did vote green wing earlier in t hi s post

wologar posted:

##vote GW

idk it still looks like bussing to me