Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I typed this last night and forgot about it but binus' latest post reminded me of it (pot meet kettle?)

This is pretty savage after benefiting from Toal's execution

Did you even give a reason for your Toal vote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
No I just picked someone from the player list and voted them

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1 posted:

##vote toal

Ehh scum binus usually has filler before laying down a bad vote so maybe it's town binus after all.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1 posted:

No I just picked someone from the player list and voted them

Yeah that's kinda the conclusion I came to after looking

Yata
Dec 8, 2022
Thank you, audience!

PsychoSoldier posted:

Also, Yata, did you ever explain why your eye was on these two?

For bif I kind of explained it in page 6. I am still not fully sure what to think about them or if I believe them with their survivor stick. For Tired I thought it was very scum to push for an early turbo on yourself when there were hardly any votes in the first place. I know it was framed as a joke but still seemed suspect to me.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Scum team: Green Wing, PsychoSoldier, one of illusionis/saladscooper

Not scum: Cloacamazing, death cob, Bif

That's my N1 assessment.

You should explain these

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Yata posted:

Thank you, audience!

For bif I kind of explained it in page 6. I am still not fully sure what to think about them or if I believe them with their survivor stick. For Tired I thought it was very scum to push for an early turbo on yourself when there were hardly any votes in the first place. I know it was framed as a joke but still seemed suspect to me.

Are you still suspicious of Tired now? Who else are you suspicious of?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

What is that? No flavor, no themes, no images, just death?

b-minus1, town, has died. It is now Day 2.

Remember that Green Wing is not able to vote today.

Audience Award: The audience just loves Tired Moritz, who will take an extra vote to hammer today. The audience also felt no lurker punishment was necessary.

Audience Participation for Day 2: One player picked by the audience will be able to publicly pick another player during Night 2, and the picked player will also get an item (and will be able to use the item night 2). You will not be able to pick yourself, but are able to pick no one. If the publicly picked player is the first vote or hammer they will then get two items to use night 2.

Good luck!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (13): AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, Cloacamazing!, death cob for cutie, Green Wing, Illusionis, Maerlyn, merk, PsychoSoldier, Rhymes With Clue, saladscooper, Tired Moritz, Yata

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Please remember to send me a number between 1-100 for your potential Item pick, and whether you will ##include Overpowered Items.

Also remember TM is loved today and takes an extra vote to hammer, and Green Wing lost her vote.

Yata
Dec 8, 2022

PsychoSoldier posted:

Are you still suspicious of Tired now? Who else are you suspicious of?

Not right now, though these two votes he was given and how he uses them might change my mind. Ilusionis and Maerlyn are now on my radar. Need to reread their posts with the current deathcount in mind, but they seemed to be agressively shifting our votes direction early on. Especially Maerlyn.

Yata
Dec 8, 2022
Actually, let me get things started.

##vote Maerlyn

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Ok, so I've reread the entire thread, and I think my reads list is something like this

TOWN(Or Survivor that I don't think is a threat)
Bif
binus
salad
GW
Illu
merk
Tired

Bif is either telling the truth or unlikely to be using it as a scum bluff imo. I also just think a lot of their solving has been genuine, especially the way their logic worked out on sussing merk after considering me as town.

binus had sort of a softer start, but ultimately feels exactly like the binus I've played with, and I've only seen him as town so I think it's a good look. Also not sure he opts to townread me when he did if scum

I have some paranoia that salad is trying to pocket me, but they had the towniest opening in my opinion and seems to have genuinely been trying to move the game forward with their posts. Feel good that the paranoia is unfounded.

GW has too much conviction and has had some posts/takes that I don't think comes from scum just trying to look good. At worst, the lack of re-eval on me isn't great, but I think is more indicative of how fervently they believe I'm scum.

Illu had the two starting posts I thought were weak as gently caress, but their return posts have been completely on point and I think they're genuinely trying to solve.

I explained merk before

My read on Tired fell off about halfway through, but won me back over with posts closer to deadline. Particularly the suggestion of giving the item to the survivor and then not really knowing where to vote but following the vote leaders they trust. Feels less like scum trying to fit in while staying in the background and more like an undecided town that wants to help make their vote be productive.

LIGHT TOWN
Death Cob

Overall, I really liked Death Cob's reactions to my posts and the way they developed their reads/votes. I think it could be an aggressive and concise posting style that could maybe be an indignant scum, but overall I feel towny vibes here.

NOT SURE
Cloacamazing
Maer

I don't think both of them are scum together. I kind of think maybe there's a guaranteed scum between the both. My biggest problem with Maer is her read on me has been the one that most feels like it's trying to pocket me or be on the right side of history when I flip. That said, I think maybe she's laying it on a bit too thick by the end of the phase. I also liked this post:

-

Maerlyn posted:

I just saw this, lol

All Bif did was claim to not be town. You don't know what her wincon is, why help her when she likely doesn't share town goals?

Not to mention if Merk is town, her saying she didn't like wanna vote either wagon and trying to drum something else up rather than just following in line may be a good look?

I felt Cloaca had one of the purest openings, but I feel like all of her reads have been nothing but shade. I kinda liked the way she clapped back at Maer, but I also didn't like that in her initial response to me about her thoughts about the people voting me, it came off a bit like she was assuming I was town.

SCUM
Anarc
Yata
RWC

Anarc has barely had any reads and feels like they're just justifying a push on me without having much oomph or trying to actually evaluate me or anyone else. The retroactive explanation for their vote on me is fine but again, ultimately just feels like excuses to not update their read.

I don't have much in the way of specific reasons I don't like Yata, but I get iffy vibes their. Apparently this is their first game so I'm trying to temper that read, and I liked that they said not to go easy on them. But something isn't feeling right, and if there's not scum elsewhere in my town/not sure reads, then I think it boxes in on Yata.

RWC feels the most like just fluff posting and trying to seem around when they aren't. They've hardly contributed any real reads. Very meh on RWC's scum reads and subsequent vote/read on merk, but I guess a good look if merk is scum

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Right now the votecount makes it look to me like it's scum/scum wagons at the top. And both top vote leaders have been around and have declined to self-pres on the other one. Hmmm.

In this setup it would be kind of hilarious to NL, like I would have said it couldn't happen. Who is taking a burrito break?

This is a weird take for me because I think it's odd to assume scum/scum wagons at this point and seems more like justifying votes on either wagon.

Again, if Merk is scum, this is probably fine, but overall, doesn't make me feel great. And I don't like the "My Tired vote was totally real for no reason!"

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

At least I was right on binus lol

Also

##vote Rhymes With Clue

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Wanna vote in the last four quick votes on Toal

GW, Anarc, RWC, andddd Bif? I’m on mobile so I’m posting from memoru

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

saladscooper posted:

Wanna vote in the last four quick votes on Toal

GW, Anarc, RWC, andddd Bif? I’m on mobile so I’m posting from memoru

4 for 4 hell yes

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
binus noooooo...

I am now going to scour the list for people most likely to N1 kill binus. Oh, hey there, bif.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Okay then...

People voting Toal:

Psycho Soldier: first vote, probably jokevote, not much to see here
binus: No justification given (well, technically he later claimed to have picked a player at random, anyway, he's mod-confirmed town)
death cob for cutie: Gave this post from Toal as justification:

Toalpaz posted:

fake indignation

Content lurking

voted me

also scum

"there's a logical reason for vote leaders d1 in a game that incentivizes people to vote spread out"

scum

wtf is this post

Yata: voted right after, citing similar reasons as death cob while also proving they understand what this game is about

Yata posted:

Same reasons as you above, desinterested posts asking harmless questions at the start of the game and then quoting five different people reads like scum trying to misdirect. But maybe accussing everyone of being scum and awaiting reactions is the true meta for this game.

salad: Same reasoning
TM: wanted to give binus a cool item

Half an hour before deadline, merk and Toal were both at 4, so Bif, AN, RWC and GW voted in quick succession.

I think if there's scum in the Toal vote, the obvious place would be in the final four. They were all on the merk wagon before, and, barring RWC, on the earlier Psycho Soldier wagon as well.

Thing is, with the items rules being what they are, it obviously makes sense for there to be a rush towards the end, because nobody wants to cast a middle vote and vote themselves out of a cool item, so a bunch of votes piling up in quick succession is not really unexpected. Death, Yata and salad all using the same post from Toal seems a bit more fishy to me.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
binus was presumably killed because he got an overpowered item, and frankly, binus with a vig is a scary thought that gives me traumatic flashbacks, so I kind of get where they're coming from. He didn't get to post many reads, but read salad as town and wanted people to stop voting TM.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Cloacamazing! posted:

binus was presumably killed because he got an overpowered item, and frankly, binus with a vig is a scary thought that gives me traumatic flashbacks, so I kind of get where they're coming from. He didn't get to post many reads, but read salad as town and wanted people to stop voting TM.

Minor correction: If I read the rules correctly, binus was not guaranteed to get an overpowered item, just applied for one.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

Ok, so I've reread the entire thread, and I think my reads list is something like this

TOWN(Or Survivor that I don't think is a threat)
Bif
binus
salad
GW
Illu
merk
Tired

Bif is either telling the truth or unlikely to be using it as a scum bluff imo. I also just think a lot of their solving has been genuine, especially the way their logic worked out on sussing merk after considering me as town.

binus had sort of a softer start, but ultimately feels exactly like the binus I've played with, and I've only seen him as town so I think it's a good look. Also not sure he opts to townread me when he did if scum

I have some paranoia that salad is trying to pocket me, but they had the towniest opening in my opinion and seems to have genuinely been trying to move the game forward with their posts. Feel good that the paranoia is unfounded.

GW has too much conviction and has had some posts/takes that I don't think comes from scum just trying to look good. At worst, the lack of re-eval on me isn't great, but I think is more indicative of how fervently they believe I'm scum.

Illu had the two starting posts I thought were weak as gently caress, but their return posts have been completely on point and I think they're genuinely trying to solve.

I explained merk before

My read on Tired fell off about halfway through, but won me back over with posts closer to deadline. Particularly the suggestion of giving the item to the survivor and then not really knowing where to vote but following the vote leaders they trust. Feels less like scum trying to fit in while staying in the background and more like an undecided town that wants to help make their vote be productive.

LIGHT TOWN
Death Cob

Overall, I really liked Death Cob's reactions to my posts and the way they developed their reads/votes. I think it could be an aggressive and concise posting style that could maybe be an indignant scum, but overall I feel towny vibes here.

NOT SURE
Cloacamazing
Maer

I don't think both of them are scum together. I kind of think maybe there's a guaranteed scum between the both. My biggest problem with Maer is her read on me has been the one that most feels like it's trying to pocket me or be on the right side of history when I flip. That said, I think maybe she's laying it on a bit too thick by the end of the phase. I also liked this post:

-

Not to mention if Merk is town, her saying she didn't like wanna vote either wagon and trying to drum something else up rather than just following in line may be a good look?

I felt Cloaca had one of the purest openings, but I feel like all of her reads have been nothing but shade. I kinda liked the way she clapped back at Maer, but I also didn't like that in her initial response to me about her thoughts about the people voting me, it came off a bit like she was assuming I was town.

SCUM
Anarc
Yata
RWC

Anarc has barely had any reads and feels like they're just justifying a push on me without having much oomph or trying to actually evaluate me or anyone else. The retroactive explanation for their vote on me is fine but again, ultimately just feels like excuses to not update their read.

I don't have much in the way of specific reasons I don't like Yata, but I get iffy vibes their. Apparently this is their first game so I'm trying to temper that read, and I liked that they said not to go easy on them. But something isn't feeling right, and if there's not scum elsewhere in my town/not sure reads, then I think it boxes in on Yata.

RWC feels the most like just fluff posting and trying to seem around when they aren't. They've hardly contributed any real reads. Very meh on RWC's scum reads and subsequent vote/read on merk, but I guess a good look if merk is scum

This is a weird take for me because I think it's odd to assume scum/scum wagons at this point and seems more like justifying votes on either wagon.

Again, if Merk is scum, this is probably fine, but overall, doesn't make me feel great. And I don't like the "My Tired vote was totally real for no reason!"

Okay I voted for merk and tied the wagons. They then sat there for a long time. People were here. Couldn't get anyone else to vote merk because I am not very persuasive, but also I wasn't totally sold, he just seemed the best dunk for D1.

I have no need to seem around when I'm not, that's an odd thing to say and also impossible to back up. you could just say "vibes" and I'm kind of a viby player so I'd accept that, but I don't accept the "trying to seem around" bit. Numerous people have thrown things at me this game like "I don't like these posts"--but why?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

You should explain these

Scum, Green Wing and salad had some kind of interplay that pinged me. Oh yeah. Green Wing came up with one of those "I don't like this post" things and salad came in with "I also don't like that post but I don't like GW's vote, quit confusing me GW." Looked kinda partnery. Like a "okay let's disagree" kind of thing.

Psycho because...mainly, I've seen a lot of scum killing the involved questioning player N1, Psycho was that player, not dead. Also, with Toal's flip, I will say her posts kind of confuse me, they didn't look town, but her being confirmed town makes me suspicious of who she was voting for because as town she's not bad at finding scum (I hate meta though, it can help or lead me down the totally wrong path and I can't tell which is which).The rest is vibe.

Clo doesn't seem to be driven by a scum agenda and I like her posts, same with death cob. Bif is survivor.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamazing! posted:

Okay then...

People voting Toal:

Psycho Soldier: first vote, probably jokevote, not much to see here
binus: No justification given (well, technically he later claimed to have picked a player at random, anyway, he's mod-confirmed town)
death cob for cutie: Gave this post from Toal as justification:

Yata: voted right after, citing similar reasons as death cob while also proving they understand what this game is about

salad: Same reasoning
TM: wanted to give binus a cool item

Half an hour before deadline, merk and Toal were both at 4, so Bif, AN, RWC and GW voted in quick succession.

I think if there's scum in the Toal vote, the obvious place would be in the final four. They were all on the merk wagon before, and, barring RWC, on the earlier Psycho Soldier wagon as well.

Thing is, with the items rules being what they are, it obviously makes sense for there to be a rush towards the end, because nobody wants to cast a middle vote and vote themselves out of a cool item, so a bunch of votes piling up in quick succession is not really unexpected. Death, Yata and salad all using the same post from Toal seems a bit more fishy to me.

What's your read on me overall?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Just for the record, I voted late bc I didn't think Toal was scum but didn't wanna nl. Not bc I was trying to get an item

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

You seem very concerned with others' read on you, why is that?

##vote psychosoldier

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Okay I voted for merk and tied the wagons. They then sat there for a long time. People were here. Couldn't get anyone else to vote merk because I am not very persuasive, but also I wasn't totally sold, he just seemed the best dunk for D1.

I have no need to seem around when I'm not, that's an odd thing to say and also impossible to back up. you could just say "vibes" and I'm kind of a viby player so I'd accept that, but I don't accept the "trying to seem around" bit. Numerous people have thrown things at me this game like "I don't like these posts"--but why?

I literally gave you my reasons in that post you quoted. It's not just "vibes". It's the tone of your posts and the content and how they come about. You trying to paint this as if I don't have a case(incorrect or otherwise) isn't doing you favors.

And I read your reasoning for thinking it's scum/scum wagons but I really don't buy that as a natural town reaction to the wagons. Again, it reads like justification for bad votes and encouraging more votes on two wagons that I think are both town.

I worded the "seem around" part wrong. What I meant was your posts come off like trying to seem active and participatory when really you're just floating by. You contributed virtually nothing other than a hollow vote on Tired until the two main wagons of the phase were decided and we were close to EOD.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Cloacamazing! posted:

This is worth looking at, I think. Particularly GW, who got the hammer, and therefore an item.

Scum losing their vote may be a benefit - no vote means no responsibility for town getting executed.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Rhymes With Clue posted:

##vote psychosoldier

Because I know I'm town and it lets me get a better look into their thought processes.

I actually have a very specific reason for asking Cloacamazing her read on me which should be pretty easy to figure out if you actually paid attention to anything in that big post other than what I said about you.

This self-defense focus and subsequent OMGUS vote is not befitting of a townie

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

death cob for cutie posted:

This is worth looking at, I think. Particularly GW, who got the hammer, and therefore an item.

Scum losing their vote may be a benefit - no vote means no responsibility for town getting executed.

What do you think of the other three? I feel pretty good that GW is just town here

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Well I will try to make better posts but the game is hard and I'm bad at it!

Tired Moritz I'm calling town because (1) the posts that pinged me, I guess they are par for the course for TM according to Bif. I was looking at all the "is this ethical" stuff which looked like filler. (2) wanting Binus to have a cool item.

So I've got towncore: TM, Bif (survivor), Clo, death cob

Sometimes I just want to get lunched and get spoiled so I can find out how wrong or right I was.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

PsychoSoldier posted:

What do you think of the other three? I feel pretty good that GW is just town here

I'll be looking deeper into it when I'm done with work today

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Scum, Green Wing and salad had some kind of interplay that pinged me. Oh yeah. Green Wing came up with one of those "I don't like this post" things and salad came in with "I also don't like that post but I don't like GW's vote, quit confusing me GW." Looked kinda partnery. Like a "okay let's disagree" kind of thing.

Psycho because...mainly, I've seen a lot of scum killing the involved questioning player N1, Psycho was that player, not dead. Also, with Toal's flip, I will say her posts kind of confuse me, they didn't look town, but her being confirmed town makes me suspicious of who she was voting for because as town she's not bad at finding scum (I hate meta though, it can help or lead me down the totally wrong path and I can't tell which is which).The rest is vibe.

Clo doesn't seem to be driven by a scum agenda and I like her posts, same with death cob. Bif is survivor.

I feel that interaction is too on the nose and awkward to be an actual partner interaction.

Your read on me is based on N1 having happened. But you had me in your scum list before toal was chopped. So this is a retroactive justification for the vote, which makes me think you didn't actually have a reason for thinking I'm scum before today.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

I feel that interaction is too on the nose and awkward to be an actual partner interaction.

Your read on me is based on N1 having happened. But you had me in your scum list before toal was chopped. So this is a retroactive justification for the vote, which makes me think you didn't actually have a reason for thinking I'm scum before today.

I feel there is a contradiction here but I can't quite lay it out. Yes I had you in my scum list before toal was chopped. That was before the vote, toal's read helped me solidify it, how is that retroactive?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

PsychoSoldier posted:

More town than not currently. There was that early train on you, that seemed to fade out naturally and not like other players trying to move their attention away from you. Read you a bit scummier later, when it looked like you were more interested in posting anything at all and trying out several reads in quick succession, but overall that looks more like you poking any player to see what happens.

Also

Rhymes With Clue posted:

That, but less in a "This player must be scum" way like RWC sees it, and more in a "Wow, this guy sure likes talking about himself" way. ;)

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I feel there is a contradiction here but I can't quite lay it out. Yes I had you in my scum list before toal was chopped. That was before the vote, toal's read helped me solidify it, how is that retroactive?

You literally said with toal's flip, you're trusting who they voted because you think they have accurate reads. So yes, it is retroactive. Nothing in your post actually had anything to do with what you could have thought before N1 other than "vibes"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote ANarc

This is still a good case. No content from ANarc that matters at all about finding scum.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamazing! posted:

More town than not currently. There was that early train on you, that seemed to fade out naturally and not like other players trying to move their attention away from you. Read you a bit scummier later, when it looked like you were more interested in posting anything at all and trying out several reads in quick succession, but overall that looks more like you poking any player to see what happens.

Also

That, but less in a "This player must be scum" way like RWC sees it, and more in a "Wow, this guy sure likes talking about himself" way. ;)

Well, when people vote me, I'm gonna ask.

I was asking you specifically because I wanted to see why most of your posts talking about me seemed to assume/brush me off as town without ever explicitly stating that read. It's still got me a little piqued, but this explanation is fine for now and I'm not really concerned about your alignment.

How do you feel about RWC's reactions to my posts so far? Or any individual thoughts you have on him?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

merk posted:

##vote ANarc

This is still a good case. No content from ANarc that matters at all about finding scum.

Good with this as an alternative, too

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

PsychoSoldier posted:

Well, when people vote me, I'm gonna ask.

I was asking you specifically because I wanted to see why most of your posts talking about me seemed to assume/brush me off as town without ever explicitly stating that read. It's still got me a little piqued, but this explanation is fine for now and I'm not really concerned about your alignment.

How do you feel about RWC's reactions to my posts so far? Or any individual thoughts you have on him?

To add to this, I don't ever trust when someone tries to bolster a flimsy case with a dead townie

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I feel like both AN and RWC are consistently read as scum, no matter their actual alignment. Which, funny enough, keeps fooling me into reading them as town.

That post, however:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Just for the record, I voted late bc I didn't think Toal was scum but didn't wanna nl. Not bc I was trying to get an item

Is pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

I feel like both AN and RWC are consistently read as scum, no matter their actual alignment. Which, funny enough, keeps fooling me into reading them as town.

That post, however:

Is pretty bad.

I really need to figure out why I keep getting read as scummy! It's getting me killed too early.

Re: AM, I voted them in a previous game for exactly the same reasons I would in this game, and they was town. So I'm kinda staying away from an AN vote right now.