Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

saladscooper posted:

The fact that you send messages to me is in my role PM

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh I think I get the flavor gimmick now

oh lol

we all went to the wedding with our plus ones

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

well they're "mafia" they may not be scum

to me those are synonymous, and they claimed to be 'scum'

but yeah i suppose maybe there's some confusion emerging from semantic minutiae here

either way far as i am concerned we gotta flip monathin to move this gamestate forward

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

Well my win condition is to stop the violence at the wedding: i win when all scum players are eliminated

Ergo, I must eliminate all of ya'll claimed scum.

From a story perspective - none of our flavors, in our scumteam, imply we have a reason to actually want to commit the violence at the wedding.

I'm being blackmailed.

Meen is just following orders from Salad.

Salad's flavor is loyalty to Moz.

Eliminating Moz advances your wincon, because we're all either one or two chains removed to Moz.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Tired Moritz posted:

Isn't it kinda dumb to have a win con that's about killing one specific person? It's not like that's hard to do.

Pmom and a few other people were in the game I mentioned, Pelicana Drama. Here and here are relevant posts for how the setup ended ludicrously fast.

shwinnebego posted:

Well my win condition is to stop the violence at the wedding: i win when all scum players are eliminated

Ergo, I must eliminate all of ya'll claimed scum.

Take a look at the above thread and tell me that wouldn't save y'all a lot of time to get rid of our ringleader if we all abscond afterwards.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Monathin posted:

Moz is lying, salad has been getting communications from Moz.

My flip is not going to do anything for you but confirm your bias that Moz is town and I'm a lying scum. Both of which aren't true.

But isn't there a mention of Moz in your rolecard or does that not flip?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

WindwardAway posted:

But isn't there a mention of Moz in your rolecard or does that not flip?

That will not flip.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
So you guys think 25 people waited for two weeks for a game that can just be cheesed by turboing someone day 1?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Something I'm thinking that I feel can't hurt to just talk about a little - regardless of their motives or conditions, it's an undeniable fact that clord was non-town and with all town players still alive, I cannot imagine a world where we lose if they swindle us in to one misdunk. If the numbers were even a little questionable it'd be unthinkable, but what'd be the harm in giving this a try?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I, for one, hope the scumteam has an ulterior motive for this because it is incredibly small time play. Like, obviously we’re going to kill one of Mona, Meen or Salad. We’re not going to trust you to kill the one person blah blah blah. Maybe tomorrow? But obviously we need to verify this first before we just BELIEVE the CLAIMED SCUM?

You especially salad, smh, you were playing a great game so far.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

So you guys think 25 people waited for two weeks for a game that can just be cheesed by turboing someone day 1?

seems unlikely

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Pmom and a few other people were in the game I mentioned, Pelicana Drama. Here and here are relevant posts for how the setup ended ludicrously fast.

Take a look at the above thread and tell me that wouldn't save y'all a lot of time to get rid of our ringleader if we all abscond afterwards.

At the moment I'm inclined to agree with shwinn because as much as I cannot trust Moritz, I can't trust you guys either unless one of your flips can confirm exactly what you said. Why is one extra day to prove that you're telling the truth such a problem for you guys? Don't you still win if we kill one of you today and kill Moritz tomorrow if youre telling the truth?

Oh wait, but chaoslord was on your scumteam, and his flip didn't show anything about Moritz. -_- is that why you don't want Monathin to flip?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Tired Moritz posted:

In the same breath, I don't believe for an instant that everyone gets a free happy end to the tale if you're eliminated

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nep-Nep posted:

Something I'm thinking that I feel can't hurt to just talk about a little - regardless of their motives or conditions, it's an undeniable fact that clord was non-town and with all town players still alive, I cannot imagine a world where we lose if they swindle us in to one misdunk. If the numbers were even a little questionable it'd be unthinkable, but what'd be the harm in giving this a try?

Why would we follow them *first*? Why would we not kill one of the three claimed scum to verify that they’re worth listening to?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Nep-Nep posted:

the harm would be that killing moritz somehow powers them up, or does something else bad to town

counter-point: what's the harm in flipping monathin and seeing his dang card?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Look at the game meen just posted

Though that was 15 players and 11 days tbf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If there IS a scumteam B or a “true scumteam” or whatever, congratulations scum team A, you’ve given them infinite blinds to hide behind.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Nep-Nep posted:

Ftr I am completely fine with taking the rest of the day to talk this out instead of turboing Monathin, but in that case I will talk this out and not blindly trust an outed scumteam by taking their words at face value like they want us to.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Why would we follow them *first*? Why would we not kill one of the three claimed scum to verify that they’re worth listening to?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I will say, I had to confirm this, but I'm gonna put this out here, because I want to make sure I stay alive to dunk Moz.

My full role is Inventor. I have brought with me a number of cursed artifacts from my collection to hand out in order to sow additional discord.

If I die, all my items will become free-for-all grabs. None of them are good for town.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

WindwardAway posted:

Ftr I am completely fine with taking the rest of the day to talk this out instead of turboing Monathin, but in that case I will talk this out and not blindly trust an outed scumteam by taking their words at face value like they want us to.

noooo turbo turbo turbo kill kill kill

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pinterest Mom posted:

Look at the game meen just posted

Though that was 15 players and 11 days tbf

Also, didn’t that game end exclusively because Hal shot true? Or am I thinking of something else.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Monathin posted:

I will say, I had to confirm this, but I'm gonna put this out here, because I want to make sure I stay alive to dunk Moz.

My full role is Inventor. I have brought with me a number of cursed artifacts from my collection to hand out in order to sow additional discord.

If I die, all my items will become free-for-all grabs. None of them are good for town.

what are they

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

shwinnebego posted:

the harm would be that killing moritz somehow powers them up, or does something else bad to town

counter-point: what's the harm in flipping monathin and seeing his dang card?

None that I can picture, though I'm not clear what monathin's flip would actually confirm to us other than "oh yeah he really was scum"

Flavor stuff maybe?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

this is a very convenient late-stage reason NOT to dunk monathin that he's sharing

i don't buy it

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

what are they

Crown, Emerald, Skull, Coin, Necklace, Eyeball, Ring.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Monathin posted:

You’re scum op no one cares sorry shoulda tried this before the scumclaim

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Also, didn’t that game end exclusively because Hal shot true? Or am I thinking of something else.

You're thinking correctly!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

this is a very convenient late-stage reason NOT to dunk monathin that he's sharing

i don't buy it

shwinn with all due respect

1) i just woke up 2 hours ago
2) i'm working at the same time i'm playing this game
3) we are like 14 hours in day

shut the gently caress up

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nep-Nep posted:

None that I can picture, though I'm not clear what monathin's flip would actually confirm to us other than "oh yeah he really was scum"

Flavor stuff maybe?

Why are you so eager to trust claimed scum unquestioningly?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Monathin posted:

So are you scum or town? I'm not sure if I can ethically approved of you throwing a game because you think killing me, who is just a town mason will "maybe" let you win.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Monathin posted:

Mona with all due respect you *claimed scum* I don think you get to be indignant when someone is suspicious of what you’re saying?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

If there IS a scumteam B or a “true scumteam” or whatever, congratulations scum team A, you’ve given them infinite blinds to hide behind.

this is an odd post isn't it

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Monathin posted:

even allowing for these valid constraints on general gameplay, it's odd that you made a very long post claiming a bizarre reason for town not to dunk you, and then only when it became clear that we weren't buying it did you come in with a "oh also if u kill me bad things will happen to u"

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

even allowing for these valid constraints on general gameplay, it's odd that you made a very long post claiming a bizarre reason for town not to dunk you, and then only when it became clear that we weren't buying it did you come in with a "oh also if u kill me bad things will happen to u"

I literally just got this information from the mod OP, sorry for the realistic delays on communication and that I do not have a telepathic link with ecco

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is an odd post isn't it

Not really, I’m kind of annoyed by the developments atm. It’s immediately no longer mafia and some kind of mod psychological analysis.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

shwinnebego posted:

noooo turbo turbo turbo kill kill kill

I prefer squeezing as much info as I can out of people before turboing them

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
*rubbing my hands together thinking about using the cursed emeralda*

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Sandwolf posted:

Not really, I’m kind of annoyed by the developments atm. It’s immediately no longer mafia and some kind of mod psychological analysis.

Agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

WindwardAway posted:

I prefer squeezing as much info as I can out of people before turboing them

eh, i think it's just giving claimed scum a chance to invent more bullshit and sow more FUD (e.g., monathin's latest post)