Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

The mod literally says you're ominous

I am ominous!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'll hammer if Meen posts anything substantial as end of day thoughts

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

wologar posted:

Oh, yes! Pretty cool, isn't it?

it's very funny but you being scum should mean I can be disposed of tomorrow without too much issue

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought curses were good, actually!

maerlyn, being wrong about curses? impossible

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

if wolo doesn't flip as announcer, then I'm checking Shell tonight. If she comes up town I think I'm going to rush Jen on the off chance this has been some kind of ploy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

if wolo doesn't flip as announcer, then I'm checking Shell tonight. If she comes up town I think I'm going to rush Jen on the off chance this has been some kind of ploy.

C'mon mate don't call your shots

Let's move this along though hey

##vote wolo

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye wologar!

Votecount for Day 3

wologar (6): Jen X, PlasticAutomaton, Ignatius M. Meen, Shellception, Deadbeat Dad, Bifauxnen
Jen X (2): Anonymous, Anonymous
Deadbeat Dad (1): wologar

Not Voting (3): Sandwolf, Snooze Cruise, Toalpaz

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 18th, 2023 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

FINE ILL VOTE ##vote no one

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Votecount for Day 3

wologar (6): Jen X, PlasticAutomaton, Ignatius M. Meen, Shellception, Deadbeat Dad, Bifauxnen
Jen X (2): Anonymous, Anonymous
Deadbeat Dad (1): wologar

Not Voting (3): Sandwolf, Snooze Cruise, Toalpaz

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 18th, 2023 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day.

Clancy stood up at the chapel alter as they closed in from behind. The entire tableau had been rearranged at some point in the past, giving up the facade of a place of worship. Or, rather, worship in service to the divine had been abandoned, in its place strung up an impish mockery.

At the alter, Clancy spoke these words as if recalling a distant memory.

"But now the bones of these Immaculate have mingled with the blood of Niccolň, and innocence with innocence is joined."

There were three crosses suspended above the alter, mirroring Golgatha. The middle one was empty, but on either side were two bodies that had been strung up so long as to have decomposed. One might wonder the signifigance of such a statement if Binnes mind were a more hospitable place, but these baroque little morality plays were as opaque as they were macabre.

"It's funny," Clancy said, "This is classic her."

A series of interjections shot up. "Her? You mean Binnes? How would you know her?"

Clancy gave a little burp and took a second to rummage around in his jacket pocket before producing a bottle of Tums and popping two into his mouth. (tums please sponser me) They were the new chewy berry kind, artifically painted and sweetened like candy. "I never said I knew the woman if that's what you're asking. She paid me well, that's all."

Those sensitive to psychic energy felt the air get heavy with tension, a sensation like walking next to a transformer station. No one bothered to ask if they had heard right. As Clancy turned around, there was a smell like stomach acid and he was smiling.

"We've been sampling appetizers all night, why not dig in to the main course?"

Dueling with a spirit is dangerous, their grave touch alone is enough to end your life in an instant. Still, they follow rules and patterns, science even. As Clancy's jaw bulged wide and he began to expectorate a screaming, phelgm-covered spirit, the investigators readied their tools. However ready they were, no one expected Clancy to pull out a pistol.

Between the enraged ghost and the impossibly loud gunfire, the strange duo was able to to hold them at bay. Then Clancy's magazine ran out, and they pressed forward. He seemed more comfortable falling back on his psychic defenses and fought back elegantly, trying to introduce gaps in their defenses for the spirit to reach through. His hands and spirit were well occupied when Kirchoff cut the pulley suspending the wooden crucifex above the alter. Clancy Carmichael looked up just in time to catch the wooden crossbeam in the face and his head bowed inward with a sound like a watermelon being dropped in a pot of chili.

wologar, Clancy Carmichael, Mafia Poisoner, was executed day three!

A Poisoner has the ability to modify a kill with a delayed activation.

In addition, this role has the ability to 'curse' another player as a public day action. This inflicts misfortune upon their target.

While the investigators lay in disarry, from behind them, they hear a single solitary cry.

"EGG!"

Combes is standing there, fist in the air gripping something you can't see. Without another word, he vanishes.

Several hundred miles away, Combes finds himself in another church, this one in the ancient city of Zadar. There was no sense of disorientation, and using his pocket torch, Combes navigated through the abandoned cathedral until he found a statue of a woman to the side of the tabernacle. The whispers from the egg moved his hands forward, after splitting skin on the fingers from removing the heavy stone, droplets of blood fell on the treasure hidden behind it. Three hundred and thirty-three pieces of silver in total.

It took some time to fence it, but the egg helped there too. Combes found he was often where he needed to be, people he met were friendly and helpful. That first night in Zadar, he had met the manager of a local hotel smoking outside. They got to chatting and he found himself with a free room. The next day, as Combes went downstairs for breakfast, he nearly tripped over a handsome middle-aged man in a salmon sportcoat with pearlescent teeth. Rather than be upset, he smiled and laughed in a high voice, introducing himself as Doctor Clambers. Combes felt something inside himself flutter.

The years passed easy and smooth. Combes found himself with unmeasured quiet success, a family, and something like real joy. When he died, it was a shockingly long time later, surrounded by friends. His sensitivity to the other world had dulled and the egg now sat in his luxorious home office far away, but he felt a gentle whisper in his ear when it was time to walk towards the light. So he did. It was blinding, red, and warm. Passing into it, Combes finally felt a sense of peace.

Then he blinked, back on the ship. Memories crashed into his mind like a wave. The rest of the investigators only saw Combes raise the egg, shout, and then stumble away in confusion. "No, no. This isn't right. Where are they? That was the end. That was the end! I can't... again?"

He walked away from them muttering and back into the darkness of the ship. No one felt like stopping him.

Sandwolf has achieved a solo win condition and exited the game. Congratueggtions!

Sandwolf, Pylate Combes, Town Thief, has exited the game completely!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
A scream summoned them to the grand staircase. Kirchoff was seething, hands clenching in and out of fists, struggling to process what they were seeing. Seigniorage was laid out, dead, several times over.

Her body sat near the bottom of the staircase, pitched backward on the steps, bloated and heavy with water.

Her body was propped against the bannister midway up and on the right, covered in frost, limbs extended and brittle.

Her body was hanging from the chandelier, a thick indent on her temple was covered in dried blood.

A true autopsy was not possible out in the field, but a cursory medical and psychic scan revealed them to all be the same woman. Kirchoff paced grimly nearby, deliberating how to proceed. Then their head snapped up and they took a headcount.

“Where is Colson?”

She was a step ahead of them, trying to bait out a response from the spirits in the kitchy little restaurant on the ship, Saturn’s Diner. It was ice cold inside, a phenomenon common to spirits that would have tipped them off to its presence, had the spirit not already been screaming.

“DEADBEAT DAAAAAAD!”

“IGNATIUS M. MEEEEEEN!”

“SNOOOOZE CRUUUISE!”

“TOOOOOOALPAZ!”

Colson’s body was on the ground. A spirit in a dark hat hovered above it, screaming and chanting the names of her fellow agents. What could it mean? I dunno, something spooky probably.

Bifauxnen, Town Party-Host Miller, died night three!

The following players visited Bifauxnen over the course of the game, in no special order.

Toalpaz
    Snooze Cruise
    Ignatius M. Meen
    Deadbeat Dad

Votecount for Day 4

Jen X (3): Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous

Not Voting (7): Deadbeat Dad, Ignatius M. Meen, Jen X, PlasticAutomaton, Shellception, Snooze Cruise, Toalpaz

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute.

Deadline... midnight tomorrow cst?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Shell came up town last night. ##vote Jen

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
My action failed last night...

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Votecount for Day 4

Jen X (4): Ignatius M. Meen, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous

Not Voting (6): Deadbeat Dad, Jen X, PlasticAutomaton, Shellception, Snooze Cruise, Toalpaz

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

At the sight of the ghost, something erupted in Dottes' head. Screaming, he ran out the doors of the diner and right over the railing with a sickening thud.

Jen X, Logan Dottes, Town Watcher was executed day four!

night 4 begins!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Too much was happening at once, scarcely had they registered that Dottes was dead before they heard an ominous crash from deeper in the ship. Kirchoff screamed at them to stick together, and where the hell was agent Timberlake? Most of the agents were already sprinting down the grand stairs, ignoring the grim tableau laid out before them, the body of agent Dottes its newest addition.

They would find agent Ellen Timberlake in an access hallway leading back down towards the bowels of the ship, although they obviously didn't recognize here. She was all over the walls, the grating, there was a fine coat of her mashed neatly into the steel floor of the ship, as if by an enormous tenderizer, and the fluorescent lighting that still worked cast an eerie red light as it was covered in blood.

Shellception, Ellen Timberlake, Town Jack of All Trades died night four!

This role has a number of one-use abilities available to it, covering a spectrum of different powers.

Jen X's ghost has been summoned to the thread!

Jen X may post in the thread today, but only in response to questions. In order to ask Jen X a question, players may submit ##ask [Question?] as a day action. Each player can only do this once. Jen’s answers must be limited to a single word. If the word isn’t in the dictionary or a name, the connection is immediately broken. This effect ends at the end of the day or when everyone has had a chance to ask a question..

The five remaining agents stared each other down. The real threat was all too clear, but no single agent could survive the night without the combined skill and talent of the group. They would live and die by their trust, and they knew all too well what was waiting for them on the other side.

Day 5 BEGINS! Good luck my freaks and sneaks!

deadline tentatively Sunday night. message me if you feel strongly one way or the other.

Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): Deadbeat Dad, Ignatius M. Meen, PlasticAutomaton, Snooze Cruise, Toalpaz

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 21st, 2023 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
speaking of questions! there are several that meen needs to answer for

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Can we keep the thread open for a day at least!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##ask results?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like somber games because i always end up being one of the main characters

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

##ask results?

Unshelled

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
well, this is already funny

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So uh. We're all in agreement Meen is loving scum right. Claimed to visit Shell, actually visited Bif, quick scumhammer

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So uh. We're all in agreement Meen is loving scum right. Claimed to visit Shell, actually visited Bif, quick scumhammer

it doesn't look great, no!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
#ask Who alive gives you the worst vibes?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
lol

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Oh wait I didnt read drat it

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also in the interests of full clarity just in case executing meen somehow doesn't end this game

DBD, Snooze, the gently caress were you two doing visiting Bif

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Give me a dictionary word I like puzzles

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I mean tbf it's pretty easy to just use one word for all of us

Mean, Dad, Plastic, Snooze... um. Coal.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also in the interests of full clarity just in case executing meen somehow doesn't end this game

its the third thing i can do

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I'll claim since it's late and I'm one of the few that hasn't, I'm a town rolecop

n1 I visited Bif, got party host miller. I flavored it and constantly said how much I trust Bif and didn't want to vote them.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Quick, someone throw a party, Opop is gone!!

Deadbeat Dad to Bif posted:

I'll be the first one at your party when you do get that right :okpos:

n2 I visited you and got Medium, exposing your role but whatever I was gonna try to say I knew your favorite order of fries or something

n3 I tried to visit Snooze and got "your attempt failed"

n4 I visited Meen and got Brutal Cop

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I can finally use this picture

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hmmmmmmm

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Deadbeat Dad posted:

#ask Who alive gives you the worst vibes?

Meen

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what a shocker

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
brutal cop is the one that kills people if they are town right?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Snooze Cruise posted:

brutal cop is the one that kills people if they are town right?

I get an explanation on what the role does but to be fair to Meen the description is what what he claimed (investigates and roleblocks)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
There was a kill on the night my action failed though, is there something that makes you not able to be targeted? or did Meen investigate me?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hm

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
n1 kill i didn't block, it was the poisoner kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Snooze can you out what you were doing then? Just.. say it, no point playing coy at this point.

Also I thought Brutal Cop killed scum on investigate. ..No this doesn't line up at all. Meen visited Bif. And we know it wasn't a redirect because he claimed a /town/ result.