Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

apophenium posted:

Uh oh, I've been working on this and hadn't heard about the glitched trophies. I've been alternating between Arizona and Carpathians so I'm nowhere near done with either. I did get the trophy for making a lot of money by buying a truck for 25000 and then selling it for 25000. Glad it didn't want me to have 1.5 mil moneys at one time!

My trophy hunting has really slowed down, but I finished The Swapper and used a video guide to find all the darn hidden terminals. So that's another completion (no platinum). Fun puzzle game that stumped me when it came out and I found I'm no smarter now, so I ended up cheating a bit on some of the later levels.

I got a Steam Deck this past week and it streams my PS5 perfectly, so maybe I'll start getting back into trophy stuff. I know for one it'll really help me finish the Pic-a-Pix games. Playing them on my TV gives me a headache and I can knock out a puzzle or two in bed on the Deck.

Ooooh, how do you stream from the PS5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
There's something called chiaki4deck that is a touch fiddly to setup but I found a guide and was able to do it in ~20 min. You don't even need to hook up a mouse and keyboard to the Deck but I'm sure it'd make it a lot quicker. I managed with the virtual keyboard. The guide I found was just from Googling PS5 remote play Steam Deck. I have decent-ish Internet and my PS5 is on Ethernet and it streams with minimal latency anywhere in my house. Better than it did to my laptop with the official PS Remote Play thing :)

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

apophenium posted:

There's something called chiaki4deck that is a touch fiddly to setup but I found a guide and was able to do it in ~20 min. You don't even need to hook up a mouse and keyboard to the Deck but I'm sure it'd make it a lot quicker. I managed with the virtual keyboard. The guide I found was just from Googling PS5 remote play Steam Deck. I have decent-ish Internet and my PS5 is on Ethernet and it streams with minimal latency anywhere in my house. Better than it did to my laptop with the official PS Remote Play thing :)

Oh nice, I should give that a whirl!

I just hit a random milestone - I have more hundo'ed games on Steam than unfinished games. Currenly sitting at 68 perfects, and 61 open games (many more untouched games). Out of those 61, 3 cannot be perfected. Fun!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Anti-Hero posted:

Oh nice, I should give that a whirl!

I just hit a random milestone - I have more hundo'ed games on Steam than unfinished games. Currenly sitting at 68 perfects, and 61 open games (many more untouched games). Out of those 61, 3 cannot be perfected. Fun!

That's a great milestone but what's the count of your entire steam purchased library?

Show us the real numbers!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

That's a great milestone but what's the count of your entire steam purchased library?

Show us the real numbers!

Ineffiable, here to ask the hard hitting questions!

Steam library, 181 total w/achievements (217 total games), 129 played (68 completed, 61 started), 74% average completion

PSN library, 115 total (rough estimate, some SKUs have multiple games like Mass Effect Legendary Edition), 69 :smug: played (52 completed, 17 started) 87.53% completion

A reminder that in Steam your completion percentage doesn't factor in games that you have not earned a single achievement in, just the same as PSN. However, your library/achievement page shows all games in your library, whereas PSN only shows games started on your trophy list (and we know you can delete those 0% lists).

fake edit: I have more completed & started games on Steam than untouched games, so another cool milestone. Shows that I'm at least trying to get through the games I own. My PSN library balloons with PS+ Essential games I redeem.

My global library sits at 260 unique games. I've double-dipped on 15-20 games present on both platforms which inflates the counts more.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 26, 2024

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Good numbers. I have some simplified numbers for my collection but let's go off the stats I can find for now;

As of today on ps profiles, I have 1,177 games played with 676 completed with a 79.02% completion rate by trophy values (true trophies has this as 80.8% as they don't count dlc lists I don't have/didn't play, so I prefer this number)

Also on the collection tab on ps5, I have something like 1,200 games total which has about 220 unplayed (I make folders to sort the games I need to play, so there's one folder for everything I get from ps+, and two backlog folders) so just taking these two numbers against each other means I have a 81% completion rate for actually playing my games too.

So I have a really good rate for actually playing my games too, it's just that it's on such a massive scale so my backlog 'only' being about 220 games but it's not too crazy when I'm getting through at least 75 games a year. Still, realistically I'm probably never gonna catch up but here's hoping we have some gaming droughts and we can actually make a dent on reducing the backlog.

Even worse, I've filled out the wishlist on Playstation so that's another 100 games I might play through (but a good third of that is announced games or yet to release)

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I can't believe the PSN wishlist has a limit. I've hit it as well and had to do some picking and choosing. What kind of BS is that?

I'm slacking on trophies at the moment, just enjoying playing Diablo 2 for the first time in a couple decades. Working on getting my second character through hell now, then I'll probably get back to my backlog.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Still, realistically I'm probably never gonna catch up but here's hoping we have some gaming droughts and we can actually make a dent on reducing the backlog.

I've struggled a bit with this, but realistically we never want to catch up! There are more games to play than time available, and once you clear out your backlog you'll have more and more games available to play out in the wild.

I like to keep ahead of my backlog, so to speak, like if I pay money for something I want to get to it relatively quickly. PS+ games and bundles are much lower priority and are my "hmmm...need something to play" fillers. I don't want to get in to a habit of hoarding games, so if I make an intentional choice to purchase something for one of my libraries I intend to play it. And I'm pretty selective about what PS+ titles I redeem, but don't feel any time pressure to get to them.

Thankfully, I've never been someone to buy a game full price at launch and sit on it. Those get played immediately.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Platinum #645: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection

I'm not sure if there's many people I could recommend this to. You need to have huge nostalgia for the old games.

Trophy wise it's a pain in the rear end. 80% of the trophy list is trophies based on medals that you can only earn in BF2 (and not BF1) and you're not likely getting many of these medals playing online so you might as well grind offline with bots. And just to put a time perspective in for you guys, this took about 18 hours total (including playing all campaigns)

I was committed to finishing this though. I'm mostly happy it's done and now I can pick up something in my 'chill out games' rotation.

Still working on rise of the ronin!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Anti-Hero posted:

I've struggled a bit with this, but realistically we never want to catch up! There are more games to play than time available, and once you clear out your backlog you'll have more and more games available to play out in the wild.

I like to keep ahead of my backlog, so to speak, like if I pay money for something I want to get to it relatively quickly. PS+ games and bundles are much lower priority and are my "hmmm...need something to play" fillers. I don't want to get in to a habit of hoarding games, so if I make an intentional choice to purchase something for one of my libraries I intend to play it. And I'm pretty selective about what PS+ titles I redeem, but don't feel any time pressure to get to them.

Thankfully, I've never been someone to buy a game full price at launch and sit on it. Those get played immediately.

Yeah there's always more to play, I just wanna at least take my backlog down a significant amount because 200+ games is daunting (even if 30 of them are ps+ stuff) but I guess any number beyond probably 10 games is a daunting backlog.

Anything I buy at full price I intend to get to right away anyway, and if I don't play it day 1 at full price, I will definitely wait for sales.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah there's always more to play, I just wanna at least take my backlog down a significant amount because 200+ games is daunting (even if 30 of them are ps+ stuff) but I guess any number beyond probably 10 games is a daunting backlog.

Anything I buy at full price I intend to get to right away anyway, and if I don't play it day 1 at full price, I will definitely wait for sales.

Preach.

Are you a "grab anything that looks mildly interesting on PS+" kind of person or a little more selective than that?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Anti-Hero posted:

Preach.

Are you a "grab anything that looks mildly interesting on PS+" kind of person or a little more selective than that?

I don't grab everything (especially in the extra/premium tier, I only grab it if I'm about to play it but I actually do grab the ps1 stuff jsut because most of them are quick and they seem to stay there forever) but yes I'll only grab stuff if there's a remote chance I'll play it.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I got the platinum for Moving Out 2 for PS5, bringing me up to 74 total. Earned the way God intended, at 1am in my bed on my Steam Deck with all the assist modes turned on. I had beaten the game and gotten most of the trophies playing with my wife without any of the assists on but she got tired of dealing with my antics. Good game though!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe.

#107: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Jesus loving Christ. This game just. Doesn't ever stop. Its signature style is excess, maximalism, gratuity, indulgence, and always in a way which reminds us that those things are all the names of flaws. Sometimes we call a thing indulgent or maximal as a compliment, to say it is generous. This is not one of those times, FFVII Rebirth is defined by its ability to outlast every patience you offer it, to go on and on and on and on until it finally figures out how to make you hate it, it will make you resent every scrap of it, even the things that you like about it. Fundamentally, it fails to understand that the original FFVII's abundant minigames were all in on the joke of their own existence; none of them ever actually required very much of you, and it was only in the name of Trying To Find Everything - then in the age where we were not yet cursed with the Platinum Trophy - that you would have to achieve anything from any of them, and even that was usually just a matter of dedication and sometimes overcoming single, specific goals. Rebirth is replete with extrinsic means to compel you to engage maximally with everything it offers, and so it turns its offers into obligations, and almost none of them are able to support the level of engagement they demand from you.

As it happens it's also an indulgence of FFVII fanservice, and if that's what you want, by god are you gonna get it. Mostly it's good but I'm not going to talk about it in the Trophy thread. That stuff, and the combat generally, is why I actually like this game, despite all this commentary here.

Instead I'm going to tell you a story about the last, secretest unlockable minigame, so secret it doesn't unlock until after you get the Platinum (or, do everything needed for the Platinum except complete the story on Hard Mode): I hate almost every minigame in Rebirth, although to differing extents. One minigame I only hate a little is the piano, a rudimentary and technically (if not artistically) uninspired rhythm game combined with a somewhat impressively featured though also very rudimentary freestyle mode (frankly, it was a mistake to try and make a freestyle piano, because it simply cannot be done well enough on a controller). I don't hate it very much because it's not very difficult to play the songs you need to play for the Platinum, if you persist a little, so even if it feels kinda mediocre to play it's one of those things that doesn't occupy enough time to really make you resent it, and also it is one of the few minigames that exercises the self-awareness to never demand that you play it perfectly, allowing some actual room for error. Well, after you have fully wrung out every drop of content from every other corner of the game, a final treasure chest unlocks, in which is found a piano score for One Winged Angel, a score which is not only magnificently more difficult than the one that until then you thought was the actual designated Final Boss of Piano, but actually, fully, entirely optional; no extrinsic force ever demands that you play it at all, let alone well. So there, finally free from the brain spiders, I made the only choice anywhere in 200+ hours of gameplay that was actually fully my own; I spent an hour getting a loving perfect score on One Winged Angel. And you know what? It was fun. I did not resent it. I feel, despite how dumb the actual minigame is, and how weird and inconsistent the piano charts and especially One Winged Angel are, like I actually did something, and that it was worth doing, even if barely anyone else would even get to decide to do it, let alone actually decide to do it, and I did it for me, not for the completionist compulsion. For a single beautiful hour I enjoyed FFVII Rebirth in the way we used to enjoy video games, before this poison infected us all. In this essay I will show that Sephiroth/Jenova is a metaphor for Trop-

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The minigames in ff7 rebirth are great

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Fedule I'm impressed you did that and platted ff7rebirth. How hard was all of it? The hard mdoe vr fights and the story hard mode?

I'd like to return to it one day.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Ineffiable posted:

Fedule I'm impressed you did that and platted ff7rebirth. How hard was all of it? The hard mdoe vr fights and the story hard mode?

I'd like to return to it one day.

It's trivial and it's impossible.

The problem, figuratively and literally, is the scale. 50% of the content is excellent. The combat remains superb once you get your head around playing three parallel games of Devil May Cry while also doing your taxes. Nobody would have a problem with it were it not for a sense of perceived obligation to complete all of it, if not for it always finding little ways to remind you how much of it you're missing. You're looking at four main pillars of Platinum;

0) the time commitment. Say goodbye to 200 hours at minimum. That's game clock time, which actually generously pauses if you're idle in a menu for a minute. So actually more.

1) the Ubisoft Experience. Climb those towers. Fill in those map markers. Most of the map markers just contain other map markers. The areas look nice, and some are cool to explore, while some extremely aren't. Most of this is inoffensive but eats up time, and you will come to hate Chadley for reasons that aren't really personal because he loves to call you after every single icon and tell you the exact same three dialogue lines, thus timewasting during your timewasting. Mercifully, you do not need to repeat this during Hard Mode.

2) Minigame Hell. It's not enough to play every minigame. You have to clear every stage of every minigame, and get good scores, often perfect scores. Then you sometimes have to also clear them all again in Hard Mode (which isn't the same as Story Hard Mode but unique to minigames which have it). You'll like some. You'll find some tolerable. You'll hate some. The game will drag your nose through every inch of content so if there's something you hate, don't worry, you'll have to do it, and it'll take longer than the things you love. All this is independent of their quality, which is... variable. Some are garbage but I don't mind them because they're over quickly. Some are OK but I hate them because they just don't understand when to quit. Also the trophy list is, in the inexplicably traditional fashion, coy about this; there are only a few references to minigames in there, but don't believe its lies. You will have to clear them all. I will grant that the card game is really good and I enjoyed engaging with it earnestly and clearing all its challenges with decks I put together myself. Everyone has a different personal hell minigame and also their own minigame that everyone else hates but they don't have any trouble with. Enjoy discovering yours!

3) Hard Mode. This is mostly comparable to Remake in that yeah it's scary and it hits hard but if you build around the bosses you now know to be upcoming you'll have a pretty okay time. The only real sticking points are specifically the final boss sequence (pro tip: if you die, pick the first option in the menu and whatever you do do not try and parse what the options in that menu are saying) and its many phases with unskippable frontloaded cutscenes, one specific boss in chapter 13 that is such bullshit people are still arguing over whether or not its bullshit behaviour is a bug or just a case of very bad game design, and the sidequests. The sidequests are a problem because the game offers to helpfully retain your sidequest progress but this is a trap because in Hard Mode you're supposed to replay them all because each one that ends in a boss fight has an additional skill magazine as a reward in Hard Mode, so actually you need to (temporarily) reset your quest progress in Hard Mode. You don't need to complete quests that don't end in fights, however... is what the game implies, but actually the last and final sidequest that only unlocks when you complete every other sidequest also gives a magazine. Game design! Also right now that sidequest is bugged and apparently incompletable if you have too many high scores in the Gold Saucer, or something? I don't know, I finished that quest the day before the patch that bugged it came out. Anyway some of the sideques battles in Hard Mode are pretty goddamn demanding.

4) the Goddamn Colossea. There are too many god drat arena fights. Most of them aren't that hard, they just take forever to work through and are also weirdly repetitive. At least these aren't repeated in Hard Mode, they're all shared across both modes, except the ones that are explicitly tied to sidequests. They are capped with a series of very long bouts (10 consecutive rounds) against assortments of the hardest enemies in the game, which, again, aren't even that hard but the marathon format makes them uniquely demoralising to fail at, followed by five round fight against repeats of the summon pair fights, the superboss that previously succeeded those fights, and an entirely new boss to be surprised by, and finally by a set of fairly difficult solo fights for each character, and then one more set of ten-rounders against moderately difficult foes but with respectively Zack and Sephiroth as Cloud's partner in each fight, who you won't have spent the entire game learning how to use (they do get training rooms though) and whose build you can't control. I actually like the last two, but a lot of people seem to hate them and consider them the hardest fights in the game.

It's my earnest opinion that about 50% of the content in this game should have been cut. Most of its activities cannot sustain the engagement the game demands, but would have worked fine as actual minigames only demanded of you once and with mastery actually optional, even for trophies. 95% of the game is fine, honestly, hell, 40% is top tier, it's just, it has no sense at all of its welcome or its pacing. It's too much.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fedule posted:

4) the Goddamn Colossea. There are too many god drat arena fights. Most of them aren't that hard, they just take forever to work through and are also weirdly repetitive. At least these aren't repeated in Hard Mode, they're all shared across both modes, except the ones that are explicitly tied to sidequests. They are capped with a series of very long bouts (10 consecutive rounds) against assortments of the hardest enemies in the game, which, again, aren't even that hard but the marathon format makes them uniquely demoralising to fail at, followed by five round fight against repeats of the summon pair fights, the superboss that previously succeeded those fights, and an entirely new boss to be surprised by, and finally by a set of fairly difficult solo fights for each character, and then one more set of ten-rounders against moderately difficult foes but with respectively Zack and Sephiroth as Cloud's partner in each fight, who you won't have spent the entire game learning how to use (they do get training rooms though) and whose build you can't control. I actually like the last two, but a lot of people seem to hate them and consider them the hardest fights in the game.

I do actually agree with this point. There are way too many coliseum/VR fights. Chocobo races too.

I haven't started hard mode yet but I'm at 128 hours with about 15 or so coliseum/VR fights left until I've done every non-hard mode thing. I don't think I'll hit 200 hours but 175 isn't out of the question. And now that guides and stuff are starting to come out I think anyone who isn't super far into the game or hasn't already sunk a lot of time into it is probably looking at closer to 150 or maybe less. I probably lost a lot of time by stubbornly doing stuff on my own instead of just looking up a guide.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 31, 2024

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Paying2Lurk posted:

I started D2R last year and yeeeeeah, it's a bit much. BUT there are a couple of little things that can help with the grind a tiny bit.

If you do the Hardcore character offline, you can backup your save in case you die. Getting to level 99 in hc will also count for both hc and sc trophies so you'll only have to do it once. The Terror Zones make leveling after 50 slightly better.

Just started looking into this, and wow what an understatement!

quote:

Overall, the time required to hit 99 included ~24 hours to hit 93, 106.5 hours to go from 93 to 98, and another 50-60 hours to hit 99... for a total of ~180 hours to hit 99 on Ladder Reset

Now, with TZ's, it will still take the same ~24 hours to hit 93, but only 32.3 hours to hit 98, then a final 17.3 hours for the final level.... for a total of ~73.6 hours to hit 99 on Ladder Reset with Terror Zones

This seems so much more reasonable, I'm tempted to actually do it.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I got the plat in Mark of the Ninja: Remastered. I never played the og but I have played plenty of stealth games influenced by it and as a result, it felt kind of small and empty. The stealth sequences are very simple and with a few rare exceptions, messing them up was a result of the stiff controls rather than not having a good plan. Trophies are all completionist stuff or killing guards in certain ways. You need to do ng+, which I first thought was going to be annoying, but actually it was pretty fun zooming through the game with op abilities in like an hour.

Meanwhile, my bugged Expeditions: Mudrunner trophies randomly unlocked while doing something unrelated.

I didn't know if I was going to manage the Dragon's Dogma 2 plat or not, but I'm definitely on track and have covered most of the missables by this point.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ultrachrist posted:

I didn't know if I was going to manage the Dragon's Dogma 2 plat or not, but I'm definitely on track and have covered most of the missables by this point.

Is there a quick list of these things to look out for?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Morpheus posted:

Is there a quick list of these things to look out for?

The game has 2 save slots, one is the auto/manual save, and one triggers when sleeping in a bed (inn/home). So you can use the inn before important events, or just cloud save.

The most important ones:

1. When you pick up your first seeker token, take a screenshot and/or write down where you found it.
2. You only get one shot at each sphinx riddle. Either save an an inn (and don't overwrite) or cloud save before doing them. I used a guide here as I never would have figure them all out on my own.
3. There's a trophy to learn all master skills. Two different sorcerers want a series of grimoires. The game gives you a way to resolve this, but if you just found one of the NPCs (who are nowhere near eachother), you may not realize the big picture.

Apparently there's a few easily missable trophies in the post game, which I haven't done yet, but I'll skim the powerpyx guide and keep a good cloud save when I get to that point. The (partial) point of no return is the main quest "A New Godsway" (when a guy wants you to give him 15 dragon crystals).

The game has a generous ng+, so missing things isn't that big of a deal.

Things I wish I knew: There's a trophy for finding 50 locations. . . nbd right? Well, it's misleading. It's 50 caves. There's only 50 total. You need to enter them for it to count, not just reveal it on the map. So I have no idea which ones I've visited or not. I'll probably just comb them on NG+.

Also, it's worth getting trickster to lv 3 asap because it gives you a way to find nearby seeker tokens. I had found, like, 5? before then. Now I have 50-something. You need 80 for the trophy.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

ultrachrist posted:

Also, it's worth getting trickster to lv 3 asap because it gives you a way to find nearby seeker tokens. I had found, like, 5? before then. Now I have 50-something. You need 80 for the trophy.

Keep in mind if your pawn says something about "aught catching the light" or "there may be aught of value here", and an exclamation point appears on the minimap, chances are it's a seeker token.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Platinum #374 - Bloodborne

Not counting it as complete in my personal list until I get the 100%, but I do want to post about finally getting the platinum trophy after all these years. 9 years and 2 weeks to be exact.

Prior to this, I'd beaten Bloodborne exactly once. It was on a shared account with a person I've since lost contact with, and every time I tried to revisit the game I would get overwhelmed and stop. Usually right around getting to the main cathedral. Where are all the people to save again? Did I find Eileen? What about those stupid marks and hunter's tools. Do I have to do this part of the questline before the blood moon or after? And so on.

But, like most things, I was building it up to be way bigger of a deal than it actually was...except for one thing. Maybe two. Bloodborne is, by From standards, a pretty short and compact game. It took me around 20 hours to get to the end decision point, and I could see halving that time now that I know the general route. Of course this was with a guide as well, but I was NOT going to miss any of those key items or quests this time.

The two things in the game that ended up being exactly as hard as I thought they would be were the Crow Hunter NPC to complete Eileen's questline, and the Cursed chalice dungeon. Luckily, the hunter fight can be cheesed with poison and molotovs, but the Cursed chalice dungeon nearly ended my run.

Where the main story is relatively straight forward to play through, the chalice dungeons are a whole other mess. Fun for a bit, but also a nightmare if you just want the one gold trophy that is linked to them. The first couple aren't too bad, especially if you're leveled up from the game and a trip or two to the cummmfpk dungeon. But even the cum dungeon won't help you with the Cursed chalice dungeon that halves your HP. So basically any hit from a boss kills you, oh and the bosses are armored up versions that take much longer to kill even if you're using a weapon they're weak to. After that, the bosses in the final dungeon needed for the trophy are just minor annoyances.

Only after banging my head against the chalice dungeons for days did I find out there's a way to skip to the last dungeon immediately after beating the first, easy one. I should've dug a little deeper into those 7 year old reddit replies. I ended up going into NG+ to make getting some of the ritual materials easier, but I backed up my pre-endings save to use for the Old Hunters trophies. No way I'm tackling that on NG+. Taking a break from the game for a couple of days, and then I'll get that 100%.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
And another easy one today for good measure.

Platinum #375, 23rd game finished in 2024 - Save Room

I already got the platinum trophy for the PS4 version so this is just me adding the free PS5 version to my list. It's the game based on RE4's inventory system. I just used the Steam guide that showed the solution for every puzzle because I wanted something quick and easy after Bloodborne. It's a neat idea though, worth the $4 or so it usually goes for.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Finished it in under my projections:

Platinum #646: Rise of the Ronin

It's not too difficult if you have any familiarity with team ninja/souls like games.

I'm debating if I want to get Stellar Blade as the next big game later this month but gonna wait for reviews to turn out. But I've got three weeks until then, I'm gonna try to knock out some backlog stuff.

I also have been doing brotato and it's really fun just to do a few runs a day. I'm using 'God mode' rules, Ala Hades, so every time I die, I turn down a difficulty stat (either enemy speed/health/ or damage by 5%) if I win two runs in a row, I turn something back up 5%.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
24th game, and 2nd From game, of 2024 finished: Bloodborne.

Played through the Old Hunters DLC tonight to get the 100%. So I can finally consider it "complete." Aside from a couple of boss fights, nothing too difficult. That's probably because I was dealing with chalice dungeons the past few days so I was already prepared for this level of From bullshit. There's definitely more enemies overall, and more hunter enemies, but again, after some of the chalice dungeon stuff it wasn't anything too bad. And being like level 130 helped as well.

Trophy-wise the only non-boss one is for getting all of the new weapons. And the only tricky weapons to find are a couple of the ones on hunters locked up in the cells after the Ludwig fight. You have to do some extra stuff to get the keys, but it's all pretty straightforward. Oh, and the double shark giant fight. That sucked.

So that's 2 From games down of the 8 on my trophy list. Just like with the Yakuza games, I need a break before tackling the next one. So for now it's more Path of Exile and Crystal Ortha, plus maybe one new game in the rotation.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Platinum #647: Jet Moto 2

A nice quick little game from ps+ premium. Now that I'm done withs several big games I want to go through some smaller games.

Not much to say about this one, but it's crazy how difficult it is, we just put up with some poo poo way back in ps1 and old eras.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Oh hey a double post.

Platinum #648: Trip World Dx

This is a port of a really infamous game boy game that's produced by Sunsoft (some of you folks may recognize that studio name)

The claim to fame is this is one of the most rare commercially made game boy game. Check out what a copy will set you back

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/pal-gameboy/trip-world

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

So apparently Sea of Thieves will have 250 trophies at launch on the PS5.

https://www.truetrophies.com/news/sea-of-thieves-ps5-platinum-trophy-revealed

(only the base set of 60 are required for the plat)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Morpheus posted:

So apparently Sea of Thieves will have 250 trophies at launch on the PS5.

https://www.truetrophies.com/news/sea-of-thieves-ps5-platinum-trophy-revealed

(only the base set of 60 are required for the plat)

If it's anything like the Xbox list, it's gonna take over a thousand hours to unlock them all.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Did a ps4 stack of jet moto 2 allowing me to go ahead and do:

Platinum #650 Blasphemous 2

Fun metroidvania/souls like game. Decided to just use this as a milestone platinum, it'll go nicely with all the from software milestone platinums I have.

It's not as good as the first one though but a slightly easier platinum.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Did a ps4 stack of jet moto 2 allowing me to go ahead and do:

Platinum #650 Blasphemous 2

Fun metroidvania/souls like game. Decided to just use this as a milestone platinum, it'll go nicely with all the from software milestone platinums I have.

It's not as good as the first one though but a slightly easier platinum.

I agree. The first one was really special and the 2nd was great but definitely felt watered down. Nice work!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Anti-Hero posted:

I agree. The first one was really special and the 2nd was great but definitely felt watered down. Nice work!

I forgot to mention, I've saved this for a while (which is why I was able to pop it quickly) it's just nice to have it as a milestone platinum among all the other ones I have (largely from software games). Once you hit 225 platinums, at least on psnprofiles you can only get a new milestone platinum every 50 platinums so I don't get to add a lot of milestones.

I'm gonna have to figure out what to do about #700 if from software doesn't have a new game by then (and I assume the elden ring expansion will only be a dlc list attached to the main game, so no platinum)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Platinum #651: Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption

This was a fun little indie Souls-like game that's all boss rushes. About 7 bosses (for each sin) plus a final boss. Total time is like less than 8 hours but I'd play 30 minutes every night, focus on a boss and knock out all their respective trophies. Difficulty is about a 6, maybe a 7-8 if you're not as experienced with souls likes.

I recently had a scare with my ps4 console where the hard drive (a ssd too!) crapped out. Thankfully there's nothing on there that I can't replace from ps+ cloud but it was annoying to have to get a new hard drive and set up everything again. I've mentioned this year I'd like to really try and tackle the backlog, well I'm thinking one of my first steps will be to clear out as much of my ps4 only titles. Can't aim for the plat in all of them but I'd like to at least roll credits on most of them.

Truth be told there's not a lot of reasons to have a ps4 around if you've got a ps5 (the games that work on ps4 but not on ps5 are largely crap games), but since it was just a hard drive thing and I fixed it for less than $50 (I could have gone cheaper if I didn't want to do a ssd) I wanted to do it to try and keep it around.

Anyways my next big project is gonna try and do The Quarry on ps5. I'll see what ps4 title I dig up from the backlog for on my ps4 console.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Fist plat in a while: Pistol Whip!

What a fantastic game, IMO this makes the entire PSVR2 purchase worth it. It makes you feel like a total action movie star badass, and is great exercise as well. Trophies were mostly straightforward, though depending on how good you are at aiming/dodging a couple of them could be troublesome.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Double post!

Plat Star Trek: Resurgence! Took about 18 hours total over two playthroughs. It may technically be possible to do in one with some strategic reloading but it's also possible that one of the earlier choices locks you out of a later one so plan on two. (even that requires at least one reload)

It's (effectively) a Telltale game, so you know what to expect. Big emphasis on story and characters, a million QTEs, lots of choices that affect smaller things but not the overall plot, and a really janky engine. You can tell that they put a lot of effort into getting the Star Trek feel right, down to lots of little details like displaying the chapter names exactly how they would show episode titles. The story was interesting, and the game overall was fun though the combat scenes were always a drag.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Plat no. 75: Pic-a-Pix Pieces

Another one of them picross games. Playing it on my TV always gave me a headache so I only ever did like one or two puzzles at a time. And there are a heck of a lot of puzzles to get through. I imagine a lot of the people who pic(k) up these games on sale for trophies or whatever just look up solutions to get it done quickly. I like picross a lot though. The Picross S games on the Switch are my go-to lying in bed game. But since I got the Steam Deck I can play Pic-a-Pix in bed and get trophies for it, which is what I did. :)

Plat no. 76: Bloodborne

Hey, I thought I'd never beat this game! I got stuck on the Vicar Amelia boss for a long time. But then I finally beat her and just stopped playing. Not sure why! I was over the hump, really. Came back to it a week or so ago and got through it. Lots of fun stuff with a great setting and some really wild boss fights. This is only the second FromSoft game I've beaten (Elden Ring) was the first, even though I played a ton of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2. I think I'll probably hold off on starting another From game until the Elden Ring DLC, when I'll go through the whole game again on the PS5 version for those trophies. Already platted the PS4 list.

e. I started Bloodborne on May 10th 2019, nearly five years ago! That's now my longest gap between starting/completing a game with all the trophies.

apophenium fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 8, 2024

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I got the plat in Dragon's Dogma 2. Puttered around NG+ for the last few seekers tokens and getting the 50 caves. That was pretty fun, the game's at it's best while exploring. Overall the trophies are a hodgepodge of random stuff but nothing that difficult or grindy. My PS app inexplicably says 26h, but my end game save was 36, so realistically it was at least 40.

Also got the plat in Fuga: Melodies of Steel. Very cool streamlined JRPG about furry children driving tank. I immediately bought the sequel. There's a trophy for the true ending but it only has 2 requirements. The game shows you a pop-up with one of them and you'd only fail the other if you were a monster and don't deserve a trophy anyway. Otherwise, you need to play most of NG+ to max out levels/bonds/upgrades. ~15-20 hours abouts.

Ineffiable posted:

Oh hey a double post.

Platinum #648: Trip World Dx

This is a port of a really infamous game boy game that's produced by Sunsoft (some of you folks may recognize that studio name)

The claim to fame is this is one of the most rare commercially made game boy game. Check out what a copy will set you back

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/pal-gameboy/trip-world

I had bought this when it came out due to the weird mystique of being so rare, but I kind of understand why it didn't produce many copies seeing it's not very good. At the time, the trophies weren't working at all, so maybe I'll run through it once now, seemed very short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

ultrachrist posted:

I got the plat in Dragon's Dogma 2. Puttered around NG+ for the last few seekers tokens and getting the 50 caves. That was pretty fun, the game's at it's best while exploring. Overall the trophies are a hodgepodge of random stuff but nothing that difficult or grindy. My PS app inexplicably says 26h, but my end game save was 36, so realistically it was at least 40.

I had bought this when it came out due to the weird mystique of being so rare, but I kind of understand why it didn't produce many copies seeing it's not very good. At the time, the trophies weren't working at all, so maybe I'll run through it once now, seemed very short.

That seems really short for Dd2, powerpyx.com pinned it at 70-100 hours, so did they massively overestimate?

At least with trip world, it's a somewhat official color version and it's fun to say 'I platted a game boy game'