Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

There are 3 caches per lost sector.

This is incorrect. I've seen 4 and in some up to 7. If you are in a bigger sector you should look at all the weird nooks and crannies, it only takes an extra second. I felt like there was an Io one that had more than 8 but I wasn't counting.

Also you can find and scan weird rare objects, normally when you scan stuff the ghost will comment, but if you scan something interesting to your faction you will get the faction leader contacting you.
I have future war cult and went into the lost sector that connects the gulch and the ocean in EDZ, and in there was a thing that was like computers with crystals in it, very weird, I don't recall seeing it before. It didn't really match the aesthetic of anything else in the game. Sort of a cross between golden age stuff and hive crystals? but not really?

Anyway I scanned it and Lakshmi called in saying it connected several different timelines and would help the cultic predictions. I think I got a lot of tokens but it might have been something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Something I'm finding I super like is matching shaders to existing foundry paint jobs, like applying Omolon Meteor Glass to Uriel's, and the FWC weapons now with War Cult Camo to really clean them up. Good stuff.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Alright, here's my contest​ entry if Totoro hasn't ended it yet.

Orpheus Rig, alternate lore
---
"I own two pairs of pants. I have one pair that I love and can never wear, and one pair that I've grown to absolutely hate but have to wear at all times because my fireteam will die if I don't.

The first pair I got off of that butch old bird on Titan. I kill the Hive, she sees I've got a hand cannon, says she's got some pants she thinks I'd like. It's amazing, the holster's spring loaded so you can practically juggle two revolvers with one hand. I could be popping over a dozen Red Legion helmets in under ten seconds. Then I noticed they had the name Cayde sewn in them, and I'm like "Holy poo poo, that Cayde, how do you have his pants?" and she got really standoffish and bitchy and I'm sensed it's time for me to leave. Great pants. Can't wear 'em."

"Why not? Because my fireteam needs my balls. RELIES on my balls.. Dependent on my balls to the point we'll probably bork a strike if they don't get 'em. Lemme explain, I got these ridiculous looking strappy-rear end leg prisons from that dick Ra'Hool, and they draw energy for a shadow shot from tethered​ targets. Simple, right? So anyway, we're deep in Hive territory - some kinda Thrall nursery or something. The Titan havocs on a wizard, I'm popping thralls left and right, the warlock is tryin' to use a sniper rifle and whiffing the entre clip, business as usual. Then there's that god-awful sound of a train breaking and green fire, followed by a tsunami of those scrawny shrieking chug-heads. Hoping to dam the tide, I drop a shadow shot. And as soon as I've fired it off, it's already back and the quiver's farted out two lil' balls of light spunk. Then it occurs to me: to get the most out of this, I can't actually kill anything. It sucks, but not as much as scrubbing the mission. So I drop a tether, and another, and another, all the while my quiver's just spewing a geyser of light goo. And the titan and the warlock are​ just staring dumbstruck until I shout over the Coms for them to PLEASE loving KILL SOMETHING, MY ARM IS GETTING VERY TIRED. So they drop their supers and all hell breaks loose. The titan's fisting everything that moves, the warlock is swinging his hot meter long rod with even less skill than he had with the sniper rifle (HOW?), I'm practically shooting all over the floor... I thought my eyes were drowning in an ocean of Technicolor clown vomit. We must have killed a nests worth of Thralls."

"Anyway, we realize everything is dead, and the adulation comes "HOLY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING!". "HUNTER, YOU'RE A loving FOUNTAIN OF LIGHT!" "WE HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN!". That last one hit me like a bullet to the head. For my team to succeed, I have to actively not kill things. How can you tell a hunter NOT to kill things?! That's like telling Eva Lavente she's not allowed to huff shaders anymore. It's loving wrong, drat it. But, because fate is cruel and my ghost is a loving snitch, Zavala now thinks we're the paragons of the new strike protocol. The fate of the tower, the Traveller, this entire shithole solar system rests on my shoulders... and balls. AND THAT is why I I have to wear these stupid loving pants that I absolutely hate."

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

This is incorrect. I've seen 4 and in some up to 7. If you are in a bigger sector you should look at all the weird nooks and crannies, it only takes an extra second. I felt like there was an Io one that had more than 8 but I wasn't counting.

Also you can find and scan weird rare objects, normally when you scan stuff the ghost will comment, but if you scan something interesting to your faction you will get the faction leader contacting you.
I have future war cult and went into the lost sector that connects the gulch and the ocean in EDZ, and in there was a thing that was like computers with crystals in it, very weird, I don't recall seeing it before. It didn't really match the aesthetic of anything else in the game. Sort of a cross between golden age stuff and hive crystals? but not really?

Anyway I scanned it and Lakshmi called in saying it connected several different timelines and would help the cultic predictions. I think I got a lot of tokens but it might have been something else.

Well that sounds pretty cool. I'm glad if they're regularly adding fun scannable doodads and such.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Father Wendigo posted:

---
"I own two pairs of pants. I have one pair that I love and can never wear, and one pair that I've grown to absolutely hate but have to wear at all times because my fireteam will die if I don't.

The first pair I got off of that butch old bird on Titan. I kill the Hive, she sees I've got a hand cannon, says she's got some pants she thinks I'd like. It's amazing, the holster's spring loaded so you can practically juggle two revolvers with one hand. I could be popping over a dozen Red Legion helmets in under ten seconds. Then I noticed they had the name Cayde sewn in them, and I'm like "Holy poo poo, that Cayde, how do you have his pants?" and she got really standoffish and bitchy and I'm sensed it's time for me to leave. Great pants. Can't wear 'em."

"Why not? Because my fireteam needs my balls. RELIES on my balls.. Dependent on my balls to the point we'll probably bork a strike if they don't get 'em. Lemme explain, I got these ridiculous looking strappy-rear end leg prisons from that dick Ra'Hool, and they draw energy for a shadow shot from tethered​ targets. Simple, right? So anyway, we're deep in Hive territory - some kinda Thrall nursery or something. The Titan havocs on a wizard, I'm popping thralls left and right, the warlock is tryin' to use a sniper rifle and whiffing the entre clip, business as usual. Then there's that god-awful sound of a train breaking and green fire, followed by a tsunami of those scrawny shrieking chug-heads. Hoping to dam the tide, I drop a shadow shot. And as soon as I've fired it off, it's already back and the quiver's farted out two lil' balls of light spunk. Then it occurs to me: to get the most out of this, I can't actually kill anything. It sucks, but not as much as scrubbing the mission. So I drop a tether, and another, and another, all the while my quiver's just spewing a geyser of light goo. And the titan and the warlock are​ just staring dumbstruck until I shout over the Coms for them to PLEASE loving KILL SOMETHING, MY ARM IS GETTING VERY TIRED. So they drop their supers and all hell breaks loose. The titan's fisting everything that moves, the warlock is swinging his hot meter long rod with even less skill than he had with the sniper rifle (HOW?), I'm practically shooting all over the floor... I thought my eyes were drowning in an ocean of Technicolor clown vomit. We must have killed a nests worth of Thralls."

"Anyway, we realize everything is dead, and the adulation comes "HOLY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING!". "HUNTER, YOU'RE A loving FOUNTAIN OF LIGHT!" "WE HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN!". That last one hit me like a bullet to the head. For my team to succeed, I have to actively not kill things. How can you tell a hunter NOT to kill things?! That's like telling Eva Lavente she's not allowed to huff shaders anymore. It's loving wrong, drat it. But, because fate is cruel and my ghost is a loving snitch, Zavala now thinks we're the paragons of the new strike protocol. The fate of the tower, the Traveller, this entire shithole solar system rests on my shoulders... and balls. AND THAT is why I I have to wear these stupid loving pants that I absolutely hate."

:vince:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I got the exotic skin thing for rat king but idk if I'll ever actually do the quest

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i was on io near a public event and for some reason i was getting a constant stream of single planetary tokens and faction tokens. no idea what was going on.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Does anyone have a good setup for The Old Fashioned hc?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i was on io near a public event and for some reason i was getting a constant stream of single planetary tokens and faction tokens. no idea what was going on.

there are these supply boxes you can transmat for one of each token, and apparently you just have to be around someone doing it to get them. That's my best guess.

They get the public event icon, but only on the minimap not the director.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Ok I'm done with Cayde's caches.

3 empties, one of them the one in the wrath mines that took much too long to get to. And since I'm extra paranoid, I leave the planet and do something else between each cache. I've gotten one purple ever and it was just an engram, nothing unique like a faction drop.

Matchstick
Jul 10, 2004

So if I'm an AR-using hunter, is nascar glee club the way to go, or does this poo poo just not matter (apart from dress-up)?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mithross posted:

Ok I'm done with Cayde's caches.

3 empties, one of them the one in the wrath mines that took much too long to get to. And since I'm extra paranoid, I leave the planet and do something else between each cache. I've gotten one purple ever and it was just an engram, nothing unique like a faction drop.

2 exotics
2 purps
FWC AR

haven't done this week's yet :v:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don't want to hear any more about empty Cayde boxes. One of them killed me today. I'll try to gif it later.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

This is incorrect. I've seen 4 and in some up to 7.

My bad, I used these two small ones and they had 3 each. Makes sense a bigger one would have more.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Mithross posted:

there are these supply boxes you can transmat for one of each token, and apparently you just have to be around someone doing it to get them. That's my best guess.

They get the public event icon, but only on the minimap not the director.

no, i've seen those. they weren't active, so i was just staring at a public event flag getting tokens every 15-20 seconds for a minute or two.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I actually had stuff in all of mine this time. 1 exotic engram, 3 emblems, and a bunch of blues. I'll take it.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I got merciless. That's a fun fuckin gun. Fusion rifle, but every time you shoot and DON'T get a kill it changes faster, so you can basically stream out all your power ammo into a boss and gently caress them up good

Now that I've been plugging in purple mods I find I actually want glimmer. Once I was able to make purple mods I maxed out storage buying blues and distilling them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

My bad, I used these two small ones and they had 3 each. Makes sense a bigger one would have more.

Some of them are pretty well hidden too. Now that you get these faction rewards I find myself scouring sectors and appreciating the design that went into them more.

You can tell that several teams put these different levels and planets together.

E: at first I also thought it was only three until I stumbled on a fourth one, then I started really looking and sure enough there were more. I think trostland prob only has three because they have a bunch of sectors jammed into one tiny zone.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 27, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Angry Walrus posted:

-holds down square 70+ times to dismantle every copy of atlantis wash-

atlantis wash is far from the worst, it looks hella good on some things

now all those camo themed shaders, they can all gently caress right off

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The New monarchy SMG is fully sick and their red and gold shaders are lit and bae

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

precision posted:

atlantis wash is far from the worst, it looks hella good on some things

now all those camo themed shaders, they can all gently caress right off

Atlantis Wash is an excellent substitute for the Raid shader on certain pieces. It's mostly white and a tiny bit of yellow. Ex: I use it on hunter helmets to save 3500 glimmer and be able to stick the raid shader on guns instead.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Io is loving nuts right now. Those Cabal areas are swarming and you can easily farm these drat tokens.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
FWC is the poo poo. Warlock Earnhardt Jr going to be looking good.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

PathAsc posted:

Got the fwc hand cannon, and it looks fuuuuuuun. My only regret is that it's kinetic so I can't use it and better devils at the same time

This. There needs to be titan armor like arms or legs that has a perk to reload hand cannons while stowed. So you can run double hand cannons and never stop firing.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Blind Rasputin posted:

This. There needs to be titan armor like arms or legs that has a perk to reload hand cannons while stowed. So you can run double hand cannons and never stop firing.

There's a vanguard energy HC that has cocoon and I use this with the lucky pants on my hunter. Reload dodge with primary, it will be charged up by the time you have switched to and gotten through your secondary

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Father Wendigo posted:

---

I feel like I should be paying via credit card for this quality of porn.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Hey, there's a new public event. When you see like 5 Public Event markers all in a bunch, those are points you can capture while fighting off Cabal. They give you a lot of faction tokens. Please do those events, instead of fast traveling to a normal event like everyone else on Io is doing, leaving me to do them all alone. Thanks.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Has anyone had the slow void bomb shatter on a boss and then all the small bombs track back onto the same target? Happened to me in the nightfall and it did what the gently caress damage.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

FishBulb posted:

The DO pistol seems quite good. It has boring perks but really seems to have high aim assist and handling

I went with emo crew because I want the dark shaders and the revolver

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm on now if anyone wants to try the Nightfall on XBONE. GT: Flexible Ethics

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Finally got an Orpheus Rig off an exotic engram, and I've never wanted a hand cannon as bad as I want the FWC hand cannon that apparently works like the Tiesto?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I got the exotic skin thing for rat king but idk if I'll ever actually do the quest

Friendo I have not done this either, probably will on the weekend though

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

was gonna go New Monarchy for the armors but holy poo poo the FWC weapons are some sick poo poo

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Calaveron posted:

Finally got an Orpheus Rig off an exotic engram, and I've never wanted a hand cannon as bad as I want the FWC hand cannon that apparently works like the Tiesto?

Did you choose nascult? You best have.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Roman posted:

Hey, there's a new public event. When you see like 5 Public Event markers all in a bunch, those are points you can capture while fighting off Cabal. They give you a lot of faction tokens. Please do those events, instead of fast traveling to a normal event like everyone else on Io is doing, leaving me to do them all alone. Thanks.

These also happen on earth and i assume the other planets, it's worth driving places because you can catch them.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SquirrelGrip posted:

I went with emo crew because I want the dark shaders and the revolver

Shaders are a lot of white but the revolver seems okay

I can't really care about shaders since Tess is selling Indigo Matrix this week I'm set for life with like 50 of those.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
is this a one time thing or can I whore around the factions week to week

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
once a month probably

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

At the risk of sounding like a KDR crazed pervert...

I have a toy called "Xim", or now "Xim 4.0". I’m sure you're all familiar with the mouse and keyboard, well this is the PS4 equivalent.

Lube it up, turn it on and it starts sucking and stroking on your efficiency like an insatiable trials sherpa. The thing I like about it is that it can go for hours as long as you keep lubed up. I’ve gone as long as three hours while edging before. The best thing about the xim by far is the fact that it can stroke your cock with or without an erection, it doesn't care one bit since it sucks you in, and gives you headshots with air pressure.

Anyways, a while ago I got this hair brained idea to get a bunch of audio clips of Moana. But only Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson grunting,or yelling. Wrote up a quick bash script on the computer to randomly play them. Longer clips get played one after another at random with shorter clips overlapping. Now I was set.

My boyfriend prepared 35 mg of 4-aco-dmt for plugging while I got the xim ready. This was going to be a long duration experience so I opted for the silicone lube that lasts forever.

I lubed up, got the xim on my dualshock, plugged the 4aco, and laid back. My boyfriend put my blindfold on me, shackled my wrists and ankles and put the headphones on me.

He was listening to the audio through the laptop and controlling the Xim’s sensitivity and the speed to match the audio. You can have it headshot as slow as 3 times a minute, to faster than your hand can go at 300/minute. And by way of a second control box you can control how deep it takes you in trials. You can have it be noba bombing from behind during practically the whole stroke or putting the mida right on your head.

At first I was hard as a rock at the thought of the experiment, but I started getting nervous about ten minutes in when the heavy dose of psilocetin started to alert. I was worried that I should have done some better editing of the sound clips, they were cutting in and out pretty harsh and thought for a while that would detract from the experience. Soon enough it didn't matter.

As the veil started to lift in my mind's eye the moans and grunts and whimpers morphed into calls to set the payload "harder" and "faster" and shouts and screams of ecstasy turned into a rolling broiling cacophony of auditory ecstasy.

Ever since the dawn of man, The Rock was exiled from heaven. These screaming Dwaynes had now had enough. They all descended from the various heavens and chosen me for their sole act of defiance. One by one they seduced me and begged for my explosive package. "Oh, oh baby I want you inside me." A gentle soft spoken and timid map marker. I set the package niiiice and slow. The shaxx interupted shouting for me to go "faster uh uh faster, yeah yeah yeah"

As my mind went ever more under the influence of the drug everything became chaotic and overlapped. I was being used by a dozen Shaxxes and Dwayne Johnsons as their plaything being tossed back and forth between them like a ragdoll. For a while I begged for them to stop to no avail. Multiple times I felt myself getting soft but they kept begging for carries, and their meta AR’s turned into twisted slimy creatures unto themselves that slurped and pulled and grabbed at my limp MIDA incessantly until I was once again taken by the ecstasy and restored to full vigor.

The peak was so chaotic and confusing I can't even begin to express it. I was for sure being raped. I know I wanted them to stop. I begged them to. But at the same time I was in ecstasy.

I do remember the ticket building up. Slowly, carefully. The Rocks and Shaxxes had one shot and it had to be perfect. I had to hold it back. It had to be a flawless ticket. Not just a good one but the strongest most powerful trials run ever imagined by a human. For a moment they told me I would know what it feels like for Zavala himself to bust a nut. I came and they kept shouting at me "harder, harder HARDER!" My vision went nuts, i was seeing a field of white electric static and I felt it shooting throughout my body. I felt incredibly lucid mentally and remotely aware of my physical body. It was straining against the restraints, grunting and growling like a caged beast. My finger muscles were contracting repeatedly over and over as they seemed to pump out all of my life force and sexual energy. The grunts and growls from my mindless body started to cede as more and more life force was being drained. The cacophonous ecstasy of the crucible announcers slowly disappeared as my fingers still continued clicking into the alien xim that kept begging my dualshock for more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The FWC handcannon has delayed explosive rounds. I don't understand why it doesn't have regular explosive rounds because the delay is like a half a second. It will probably suck in PVP, but it shits all over yellow mooks in PVE.

Also the faster reload perk doesn't work.