Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

half cocaine posted:

I think golladay was yelling at Garrett.

Coach, we need more clapping!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
That was a really fun game last night. I thought both teams played well.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

KG: Coach we gotta get me the ball

JG: okay *calls tunnel screen to golladay on every 3rd and long*

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems cool and good.

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1438833864726691840

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Leonard Williams got paiiiiiiiiiiiiiid and has been completely invisible in the first 2 games this year too lol.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

rjmccall posted:

Interesting. Starts on November 17th and tuns through the end of the season — apparently even into the postseason, if somehow the Colts make a run.

I'm here for it, I enjoyed All or Nothing a lot and the actual football season has higher-level drama and excitement than training camp imo. You get to watch a team either completely fall apart over the course of a season or rise to the challenge. Still not paying for HBO but I'll find some way to watch it

Gonz posted:

Kenny Golladay chose to play for the Giants.

On purpose.

Dude could’ve gone to probably ten or twelve other teams. But he chose the Giants.

A lateral move from the Lions.

I don't think he chose the Giants because he though they were a good team, he chose them because they paid him an absolute shitton of money. like, I'm guessing WAY more than any other team was willing to offer

Asproigerosis posted:

Or maybe, he just doesn't know how to run a loving route.

That was an awesome route though, he was open inside for an easy touchdown. It's almost like stealing when 5'10 (I don't believe that btw he looks shorter) Hunter Renfrow has some 6'2 corner matched up in press man, they're just not gonna have the agility to stay with him on these types of routes. Unless they get their hands on him and really slow him down

Play fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 17, 2021

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

sean10mm posted:

Imagine hiring Jason Garrett for anything after watching his Cowboys tenure.

:downsowned:
And yet the Giants will promote him to head coach once Judge is canned

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nick Jr. Face posted:

And yet the Giants will promote him to head coach once Judge is canned

Nah, they'll fire Gettleman, a new GM will clean house, and they'll either hire Steve Belichick or a defensive oriented retread along the likes of... say Dan Quinn. I'd say Todd Bowles, but I doubt they'd hire a black guy former Jets coach.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm sure Judge will react well to this

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fartknocker posted:

Nah, they'll fire Gettleman, a new GM will clean house, and they'll either hire Steve Belichick or a defensive oriented retread along the likes of... say Dan Quinn. I'd say Todd Bowles, but I doubt they'd hire a black guy former Jets coach.

Phil snow coached at temple.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They are going to hire a new GM after this season and force the GM to keep Judge which I'm sure will work out great.

Also it really sucks that Mike Francesa isn't on the radio in NY today after that game last night. NY sports talk radio is loving awful now.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Play posted:

I don't think he chose the Giants because he though they were a good team, he chose them because they paid him an absolute shitton of money. like, I'm guessing WAY more than any other team was willing to offer

Yeah Galladay is 28 years old and just got 4 years with 28 million guaranteed from the Giants. By the way the contract is structured he will have made 36 million by the end of year 2 before the Giants can cut him. Judging by how the rest of the WR market shook out he did pretty well for himself.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

Also it really sucks that Mike Francesa isn't on the radio in NY today after that game last night. NY sports talk radio is loving awful now.

Uh...if this would improve things it must be dire indeed.

Which I find to be believable in the end.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Seems cool and good.

I checked and through two games he's played 24 snaps, had 2 passes thrown to him, caught both... for -2 yards.

This guy's played 82 snaps and caught 6 of 13 passes thrown to him, so I guess I get it

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1438701448599117826

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Seriously Buffalo just cut the guy already

https://twitter.com/Bease11/status/1437951114620641282

And your long snapper too

https://twitter.com/SnapFlow69/status/1437970433106718723

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Slayton looked solid the last two seasons even with everything else going on with the offense. This year, so far, who knows.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ok so I can easily start scamming NFL players for tickets by just pretending to be unvaccinated?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Ok so I can easily start scamming NFL players for tickets by just pretending to be unvaccinated?

Depends on the team probably. The bills clearly don’t care.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

I checked and through two games he's played 24 snaps, had 2 passes thrown to him, caught both... for -2 yards.

This guy's played 82 snaps and caught 6 of 13 passes thrown to him, so I guess I get it

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1438701448599117826

I maintain that this ball was needlessly overthrown

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

AndrewP posted:

By contrast, Bridgewater's deep ball to Hamler was thrown perfectly but Hamler dropped it 😤

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

It's a 50 yard bomb that hits him in the hands without him even needing to leave his feet.

You gotta loving catch that

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Asproigerosis posted:

Or maybe, he just doesn't know how to run a loving route.

That route slapped, he wasn’t the first read so he had plenty of time to put all of the moves on his man. It was his bad luck that A. The first read was wide-open and B. The pass was overthrown. Otherwise that’s an easy TD.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

It's a 50 yard bomb that hits him in the hands without him even needing to leave his feet.

You gotta loving catch that

I agree it's more on Slayton than Jones, but it's being discussed like it's the Stevie Johnson drop. It's a hard catch from a throw that was juuust barely accurate enough.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Jones was also under some pressure when he threw that IIRC

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

fsif posted:

I agree it's more on Slayton than Jones, but it's being discussed like it's the Stevie Johnson drop. It's a hard catch from a throw that was juuust barely accurate enough.

It's hard catch in the realm of regular human beings. As a professional WR that should be caught.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I bet Lamar could get me some sick tickets

Pun not intended

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ah poo poo bummer

https://twitter.com/BillHuberSI/status/1438913425342701569

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What does that mean? Is Smith injured?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

you cannot escape the curse of the Ravens

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah he's been dealing with a nagging back issue for a while now. Probably the best move because he played only 18 snaps against NO and didn't look particularly good in those. Only bright side is that means Gary gets more snaps and Gary has been looking really good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

You have to @ them and make it sound like they’re why you were coming

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/AM3IxIX.mp4

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
That drop is on Slayton, Jones threw it under duress and Slayton could have placed his hands better or dove for it

I still like Slayton and Jones sucks but that was definitely more Slaytons fault

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Vengarr posted:

That route slapped, he wasn’t the first read so he had plenty of time to put all of the moves on his man. It was his bad luck that A. The first read was wide-open and B. The pass was overthrown. Otherwise that’s an easy TD.

Yeah this is something Keenan Allen does a lot and I wouldn't say he doesn't know how to run a route. Running a two read concept on one side of the field while a high end route runner type on the other side as the third read is a good way to move the ball

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

More injury news

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1438918729065246721

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Not great!

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Storm Norton looked passable against chase Young and montez sweat last week so maybe he'll hold up for the season, which would be great because his name rules

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It's not season ending IR, so not horrible.

RT is a big area of need next offseason

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1438919024197390344

He played in three preseason games with the Ravens. I don't get why they didn't sign him except for the fact that maybe they're SO up against the cap right now they couldn't afford him, which is ridiculously grim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cowboys chance of success went up by half of a percentage point