Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Nice OP, I especially like the breakdown of the ADs. I was just telling a friend yesterday that Urakawa started out on the show giving some shaky advice, but by season 4 was Arino's go-to guy. Which of course culminated in one of the funniest punch lines ever in the Ninja Gaiden episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

LimburgLimbo posted:

Haha, I may have to go to this. For the even they're having a bunch of people cosplaying as Kachou around Akihabara, and when fans find three of them and get a stamp from each, they go to the head office and get a Christmas card with a message from the staff.
Is the stamp thing because they are pretending to be office workers?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Benly posted:

I would also sort of assume that the stamp thing is for pretty much the same reason that things like buy-ten-get-one cards at stores use them: a stamp is easy to use as much as you have to, it's a moderate pain in the rear end to fake, and unlike paper stamps you don't have to worry about whether you had enough of them printed or wasted money printing too many (worst-case scenario you send someone to get you more ink). Presumably the reason for hanko specifically is because that's the style of stamp Japanese people are used to, but you don't really need to dig too deep into cultural reasons for why they're using stamps (like "because they're office workers") - it's because stamps are pretty much an obvious and practical way to handle a promotion where you have to confirm checking in with a bunch of people.
Yeah I wasn't trying to be a jackass - the only time I've seen ink stamps was for verifying legal documents or scrapbooking. Therefore didn't know whether substituting stamps for autographs was specific to GCCX or a general trend.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Mobius posted:

My backlog of GCCX episodes has gotten embarassingly large. You guys are friggin amazing!
I made it up to Street Fighter and Castlevania 3. Street Fighter is definitely one of my favorite episodes now.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Mr Phillby posted:

It would be pretty rad if the massive episode list could be split into seasons.

After reading the AD's bios I was curious to see what all the fuss over Inoko MAX was, but knowing he debuted in the 5th season didn't help at all.
Watch Umihare Kawase, Contra, and Bonanza Brothers immediately.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Holy crap! Thanks for tackling the 24 hour episode!!!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I'm just getting back into the episodes and the last one I watched was Legacy of the Wizard. Great timing apparently, thanks again for the translations!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Is there a reason to link to Amazon instead of Deep Discount? $35 and free shipping!

http://www.deepdiscount.com/dvd/RETRO-GAME-MASTER-RETRO-GAME-MASTER-THE-GAME-CENTER-CX-CO

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Thanks for the link, I can't believe there are only 3 unsubbed episodes out of the first 73! Pretty soon I will have seen more episodes of GCCX than MST3K. :psyduck:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

MAN that Yuuyu Quiz was brutal. That's gotta be the biggest quiz team of the series.. right??? Arino, Toujima, Nakayama, Abe, Urakawa, Kibe, and the 2 other dudes I forget!!!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

The phone calls to Kibe during Wing of Madoola are my new favorite thing.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Magikoopa189 posted:

How do you play the downloaded videos on here? I tried Winzip and Windows Media Player and a bunch of other programs and none of them played anything. Is there a weird video player I need off the internet?
http://www.gamingcx.com/

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

pnumoman posted:

I am 100% convinced that it's her shtick and that she's absolutely fine with it and that she most likely suggested the shtick herself so she wouldn't feel awkward about being on air. And I also agree that it doesn't make it okay (or funny); watching it makes me uncomfortable as hell, but at least they are mercifully short sections of the show to get through.
It was kinda funny when she got stuck in that kid's ride... I think any adult would have gotten stuck in that thing.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

And season eight is in the can. That ends the completely untranslated standard definition episodes and means that you can now watch 112 consecutive episodes of Game Center CX.

Enjoy Mendel Palace, brought to you by Nagoyan and checked by Hirayuki.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 576.52 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download
Thanks again for all the effort you guys! Very curious about the GCCX movie. I thought the kacho was usually pretty awkward around kids though.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

NuclearPotato posted:

Hey guys, what would be a good episode from the DVD to show someone who's never seen GCCX before? My aunt got the DVD for my birthday, and we're probably going to watch it together. :3:
If she likes video games, Ninja Gaiden. If not, probably Battle Golfer Yui.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

The Catch Copy game is my favorite segment. I really like Ring Ring Tactics, but watching the perfectly composed Takeda lose it repeatedly to Nakayama's overcomplicated explanations is just amazing.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Snix posted:

Was this a reference that just flew over my head, because I got super excited and tried googleling this to no avail.
Just a joke.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

I voted for Punch Out because it's one of my top five episodes, and I'm hoping for a Nakayama vs. InokoMAX revenge match. Even though he doesn't appear in the Japanese game, maybe they could blow the budget hiring AD Mike Tyson.
Suddenly, that man appears.
"Could I play a life, Arino Thinya?"
That was hilarious.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

gunstarheroes posted:

Hey, quick question. Can anyone tell me the music that's played at the beginning of Retro Read-Aloud?
This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG-vmVrHOGE

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Thanks for the new episode!!!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

zari-gani posted:

It's completely thanks to this thread really. Remember when I first posted here as a random fan with just a Takahashi T-shirt...

This new one is my favourite GCCX item now.
Nice shirt!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

TheMcD posted:

Also, this is another one of my favorite moments (technically):

My favorite also. All of the Catch Copies are hilarious.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Famibomb posted:

I would totally watch a western version of Game Center CX starring Gilbert Gottfried.
What about someone even more infamous?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxp83CimT0w

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

The gun angle makes me think of that Rob Liefeld drawing of the kid shooting backwards:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Thanks for seeding these still. You guys are great.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Least realistic thing I've ever seen, obviously he should be losing for accuracy.
Lol and why is it not Metal Slug?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

FredMSloniker posted:

If you can't access nyaa.si directly, you can use the magnet link: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9be78e3a8978133554a2a80e4de1977a0124f665
Thanks, that worked :coal:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Is that an april fool??

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Anyone have the magnet link?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Nice! Thank you

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

A new translator has appeared! I'm way behind on episodes but thanks as always for sharing in here. :)

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

https://nyaa.si/view/1700649

Game Center CX #293 - Valis - The Fantasm Soldier [LocationScouts]
Here is the magnet link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:83054911450acb4e7b3d8badb0b0a2c3a6d600b7&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20%23293%20-%20Valis%20-%20The%20Fantasm%20Soldier%20%5BLocationScouts%5D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Kurui Reiten posted:

Opera has a built-in VPN you can turn on that'll let you in to Nyaa.si. It's the only reason I have it installed.
Loads okay in Tor Browser as well.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Nice, was able to pick up a couple I missed. (249 and 271 to be precise) :c00l:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

From the TwinBee DVD Challenge.

Slightly NWS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Tempura Wizard posted:

I had to rename all of mine at some point with the S##E## format, but you might want to try messing around with different databases (in the Plex settings) before getting to that point.

For what it’s worth, using TVDB (the default for Plex), you’ll want the folder to be called “GameCenter CX” not “Game Center CX”. That tripped me up for a good while.
Can you give a specific filename example? I wouldn't mind getting this going also.