Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

Radio Paranoia posted:

I figured it is also because the Collectors are already deeply indoctrinated, possibly for centuries.

I thought the direct control of the collector drones was just an innate ability of the collector general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Really Pants posted:

Kill Saren on Eden Prime, Paragon/Renegade speech options to get Sovereign as a squad member.

In the form of a sexualized robot body, because Bioware.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Really Pants posted:

I note at least two correct pronunciations of "God drat," 0/5 stars

When you start a new game with an imported Shepard, is there any way to reset your skill points without changing your class? I know you can reset them for free once you're done with Mars and the Council, it just bugs me to have to wait.

You could try resetting your powers at the end of your ME2 run and import that.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

precision posted:

There's not even the shortest of conversations about how Kaidan never showed any interest in Shepard (or men) the whole series? Just "I like you Shepard" "I like you too Kaidan!"?

Doesn't he say something about how Shepard was always busy and the mission came first back then?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

precision posted:

You mean with a non-imported Shepard? But I totally imported my Shepard. :raise:

edit: And on a non-import game, don't male Shepards always get Ashley as the Virmire Survivor anyway?

e2: I might have not gotten the "mission always came first" dialogue because this Shep romanced Jack in ME2, I guess. I can't remember but he may have romanced Ashley and then sent her to her death, too. :tali:

I remembered wrong. The line I mentioned comes up in the pre-Cerberus HQ mission conversation.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Doesn't the part where you shoot the husks and marauder give you a specific pistol no matter what you have equipped? I wonder why they didn't do the same for the Eva part.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

I just looked at a few youtube videos and it seems like damage isn't the issue at all, you just need to shoot her 4 times. Maybe they thought it would be more cinematic? :psyduck:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Dr Snofeld posted:

Still, maybe Citadel will be out by that point.

The release date is 3/5, better get cracking!

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Kaizer88 posted:

Jacob is the punching bag of ME 2. Every other character you recruit for your awesome squad of death get impressive entrances. Samara floats down with biotics and executes a mercenary. Thane is a super hitman assassin. Legion shoots dudes off you. Jacob.... is shown cowering behind cover pinned down by loki mechs; the weakest enemy in the game.

Also he starts off as the only person Shepard thinks he can trust on the ship. He's friendly, respectful and even asks you "do you trust me?" when discussing Cerberus' motives. When you try getting to know him more, he suddenly becomes mega aggressive, refusing to talk (Ok so he's well adjusted and doesn't need anyone solving his issues, but in an RPG where you want to exhaust dialogue options it comes off as him being a dick). Also his "no more comments" line is way more snippy than any of the other crew members (ALREADY?! I'm not big on forcing these talks)

"Woah, WOAH Shepard, I already worked through my issues. oh please can we go find the source of this signal"

Jacob always came off as trying too hard to say he didn't have unsorted problems, but Bioware won't allow a character to not have some sort of daddy issue it seems.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

That chart is far too complicated for the ME3 vanguard.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

The trailer for the Citadel dlc is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQRP9PNxng

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

The series is 50% off on Origin through tomorrow. http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en...qTHRIWGAvfo_wGw

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Etheldreda posted:

I've got my final, ideal Shepard that I've been saving for the eventual final ME3 DLC. It's now time to take her through. This could be my last ever playthrough. Do I:

1) Play through the whole thing in sequence and be glum about the ending,
2) Play through the whole thing and quit out before STAR CHILD,
3) Play through the whole thing except for Citadel then go back after the ending and play Citadel, to leave on what sounds like a high note? Happier times?

Option 3.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

rypakal posted:

Everyone had to change the subject because Kaidan's sweaty brow was overwhelming them.

Never.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Meh. I waited five whole years for Kaidan to notice me but snoozers be losers 'cause Cortez showed up totally available and willing right out of the box. Had a dozen chances and blew them all, K.

The man is crying over his dead husband and you just walk in there to hook up? You monster. :shepface:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

A mass effect game in the same vein as saints row the third would be amazing.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

precision posted:

I don't know. I thought the Blasto thing in Citadel was kind of cringeworthy.

You just hate fun. :colbert:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

epenthesis posted:

They unveiled it at their PAX panel today. Poor Raphael Sbarge was right there as they revealed Kaidan to be far and away the least used squadmate.

They just don't know what they're missing. :colbert:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

rypakal posted:

Completely unrelated, but is there a name for that weird cut mshep has in his hair?

A scar?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Tech explosions in their current form didn't exist at launch. They used to only occur if they were the killing blow on an enemy, but they removed that requirement with a patch.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

1st AD posted:

Shepard's a Spectre so he probably has way more individual authority than all these lame Majors and Admirals serving on his ship :smug:

How does a Major who is also a Spectre factor into this? :shepface:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Burning Mustache posted:

Arc Projector is really good but I think it was a pre-order thing so not everybody might have it.
Is it included in the PS3 version of the game?

The Arc Projector comes with the Cerberus network pass, which is included in every new copy of the game. You're probably thinking of the M-490 Blackstorm, which was a gamestop preorder exclusive.

Edit: It appears PS3 users can buy it for $1.99

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

forever gold posted:

Is there anyway to upload my save so YOU guys can take a crack at this thing?

If you're that desperate why don't you lower the difficulty?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

The attacks that need to target an enemy can be used on the fast transit terminals on the citadel or on the mako.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Mass Effect 1 is all about Kaidan/Wrex bro squad.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

The MSJ posted:

I imagine your N7 battalion looks and move like the zombies in the World War Z movie.

If they weren't so entrenched in having a bleak ending it would have been awesome if there were a few cutscenes that used your promoted characters class/color scheme and showed them fighting. We could have had platoons of pink krogan. :smith:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

ArcaneTree posted:

I'm playing through ME3 for the first time right now, should I download the extended cut DLC before I finish it or should I experience the original ending first then install the DLC?

Install the extended cut and buy Leviathan if you want to have the most positive first experience with it.

edit:vvv It's a choice of info dumps. Leviathan actually gives context so the ending makes some sense.

Tremors fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 11, 2013

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

If your ruthless femshep really wants to get the job done, a sentinel is more useful than a soldier. :colbert:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't get it.

It isn't available on Steam.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Jenner posted:

I just finished this... I finished the entire series. I want to know who's awful decision it was to give the player no real closure whatsoever, no way to interact with the galaxy they hosed over/sacrificed so much for, etc... The ending gave be the biggest closure blueballs I have ever had and not even The Citadel DLC, which I was told is the sweet balm on that burn, is helping.

Part of me just wants to type a long rear end angry spergfest, but it wouldn't do anything. It wouldn't make me feel better. :smith:

I don't exactly regret it, I liked the series, but goddamn.

That's why you pick high ems destroy and pretend the citadel dlc happens two years later.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

If he's having fun I say let him play the way he wants to. v:shobon:v If he were getting frustrated and his playstyle was the cause then I'd say you should give some tips, but thinking his un-optimal playstyle needs fixed is a bit :goonsay:.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

GenericOverusedName posted:

There's a version of this updated for ME3 novaguarding but I can't seem to find it right now. Charge-Nova-Nova-Charge all the time every time! And you're yelling incoherently like an anime!

http://youtu.be/1MIzrBSCfF0
Multiplayer, but the same principle applies.

:shepface:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I just started a replay of the trilogy and I'm curious if Kaidan gets better character development than Ashley over the course of the series because I've never had an ME1 playthrough where he's survived before and I want to try something different for this one.

Kaidan actually moves around the ship and talks to people instead of passing out drunk and staying in his room. He's also a much more versatile squadmate.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

chaosapiant posted:

As a squadmate, he's solid. But he's still a whiny bitch, though I think that's more the VA than his writing...or both. I'm not even sure. All I know is he's a poster child for "sensitive white guy." Also, the "moves" he puts on male shepard are almost uncomfortable to watch. I was romancing Liara all through the series, then him and I have some bro-times in the Citadel café, and next thing I know, he puts his hands on Shep's hands, looks him in the eyes, and wants to be more than brothers.

I guess my post means, in a nutshell, his character development is that he becomes bi-sexual, and gives no fucks about who you're romancing.

You must not have had your citadel date with Liara before going to Kaidan's. If you confirm your relationship with any npc then the topic doesn't even come up when you interact with the others. The mental distress you suffered from a male npc coming on to your character in the same way you had your character come on to lady npcs must have been terrible. Also, if you consider him a "sensitive white guy" you probably thought Cortez was just a big baby crying over his dead husband too, didn't you? :allears:

Tremors fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 6, 2013

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

chaosapiant posted:

Cortez is more hardcore than Kaidan will ever be.

I don't think Cortez kicked the head off any turians. :colbert:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

They should pull a Star Trek and just go "Who cares, it's an alternate universe so whatever!". It's a cheap cop-out, but there's really no way to feasibly implement all the possible actions of the prior games or to do a prequel with the limited timescale. And it avoids some of the ending-related rage that would occur if they declared a specific canon.

An alternate universe would also mean that despite Bioware saying Commander Shepard's story is finished we could get to play more games as Commander Shepherd. :v:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

In space, everybody is a slut.

What will happen is you'll get this hilariously awkward side dialogue where they basically go "dude what the hell" and you pick one or the other.

Well you can ask if you can have both. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

So how about that Kaidan comic. :stare:

• Locked thread