Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

genderstomper58 posted:

How did you go from dumb swat APC to racism? I'd love to see a flowchart if you could

This was really tough:

APC -> Arpaio

Do you want me to draw that up in Visio for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

genderstomper58 posted:

Do you even know the pictures being referred here? Hint: there were 3 of them all in different departments

Good luck with your search! :)

I sure know the one featuring Arpaio's equipment!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pufflekins posted:

I hope you acted, because thats cool as gently caress.

Nazi memorabilia is sick as gently caress and screw anyone who pretends to get all upset about items from a crazy-rear end war

Note: btw none of that counts if you think you're an actual nazi

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's a shame he'll never become the head of a major corporation.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Too bad, he'll never be the head of a major corporation.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The board won't pick him to be the apex of their enterprise.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

Seems the Syrian opposition have made the technological leap from catapults to trebuchets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuSl3w03UdM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93QmLk9JCAA

Man I hope some engineering scholarships come out of this.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My office launches these for missile targets, I'll see if the video montage is approved for public release. It's pretty rad.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GateheaD posted:

Apparently the Jelly Beans are going too

That's a lot of dicks.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

It's not like they had anything better to do, fuckers didn't even have tv. Think about that.

I dunno sometimes I think drinking and playing cards is a way better way to spend downtime

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That guy's wearing blue jeans

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Heh, why don't they just make the entire plane out of vertebrae then

*flies off on a beast into a Giger-esque biomechanical hellscape*

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Snowdens Secret posted:

I'm amazed no one's made some sort of "throws like a girl" joke yet

There's a video of a Chinese guy doing the same thing

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A baseball man bunted and the Queen of America cried herself to sleep at the memory of such a horrid lack of sportsmanship

It is known as the Bunting Incident of 1967 and is still remembered to this very day

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

At this point I don't know why they're not just spraypainting MiG cockpits black and trying to pass them off.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

OBi posted:

Tell me you wouldn't be screaming "Oh my god Oh my god loving poo poo oh my god holy gently caress!" if you watched a bunch of parachute bombs slow motion into your neighborhood.

I've seen enough videos of people watching planes crashing right in front of them going "gently caress." and getting all quiet to know it isn't quite equivalent.

There's no equivalency with western cultures, them dudes are just all about yelling Allahu Ackbar a lot. It's not a big deal.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My new wing commander hosted his first all-call and the first thing he said was that he hates it when people rape, and the second thing is that he will not tolerate hands in pockets

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ikarus posted:

This wing commander has got his priorities backwards

I figure hands in pockets is only slightly second

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Clickety-clackers for the spokes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If you know people are going to mock the poo poo out of you for it why would you admit it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

how come we have punkin chunkin and not contests to see who can burn something down at the longest distance

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

step one: extraction

*racks ar-15 w/ eotech*

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah I was basically 99% sure he was dead because the last thing i read from him was messages about being picked up by Turkish police or finding some dudes to head into Syria with or something

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Dayton Air Show also had a pilot ram himself and a wingwalker into the ground today.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmfao yeah sure I did all that in uni but I would've been better prepared with a degree on bossing around contractors and learning how to get civilians to do poo poo for you without pissing them off

the one time i did math in the last year i spent an hour dicking around on google trying to figure out how many pool floaties it would take to float a rocket motor

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Derek Dominoe posted:

Also, when someones calls out a laser at 9 o'clock, that doesn't mean everyone should try to look at it. On more than one occasion, a laser incident involved an entire aircrew when it only needed to be the one guy who had an indirect glance. Hell, once a pilot in another plane sent the warning and the entire crew still subsequently looked at it. :cripes:

Sounds like the kind of issue where you need to get some smart psychologist type to come up with a better warning. Recognizing and avoiding instinctive behavior and all that, given that every other time you're saying that it's so you don't ram yourself into another plane.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DrCuntmuffins posted:

iirc I remember reading a story somewhere about that picture. guy was irr or something and got called up for deployment and lost like 150 lbs throughout the deployment

i remember seeing an after photo and he was skinny and muscles

Sad story, I prefer to think that he was just fat as gently caress and living large, got off his deployment, separated, and claimed a lifetime of benefits based on injuries sustained while walking around.

Some day I hope that's me

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Meanwhile I have to write 4 paragraphs explaining to AFSPC why the mission director needs to go TDY to direct a mission paid for by customer funds

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

white privilege posted:

also are goons still jerking off over how great al jazeera is despite their blatantly MB-biased coverage in egypt?

goons jerk off over al jazeera because they think the only country they ever favor is qatar

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

why is it bronies the usaf has to deal with and not something normal like ICP fans

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Scoped Out Operator Kill Them Dogs

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SquirrelyPSU posted:

You noshit haven't lived until you've wandered onto a decomissioned and empty aircraft carrier scavenging for parts with 2 other dudes. Hoooooooooooooooly gently caress that was some spooky poo poo.

hi im a small indian boy and i do that for a living

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Baloogan posted:

I know I'm splitting hairs but you are wrong according to your own source, he was shot during the manhunt.

I'd even go so far as to say that the manhunt began when they started hunting Black Hat and White Hat; what was before Officer Collier was shot.

I'm still astounded that the police didn't kill anyone; but my experience hails from LA and Vancouver where LAPD and RCMP do just love to kill people accidentally. The LAPD and RCMP give police a bad reputation. The Boston police and the entire response to the bombings was a wonderful example of policework and fully competent emergency services.

The lapd tried to kill a couple old women in a truck during the dorner stuff and couldn't even accomplish that despite using dozens of rounds

Even their incompetence is incompetent

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol raptors are rad did you hear this story about one getting all these fake kills that never happened

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Who was the dumbass congresswoman who said "we can't cancel the program, we've spent too much money on it!" back in like 2008? It's my favorite example of sunk cost fallacy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

good guy air force scheduled a wingman day of fun team sports just when i needed it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

I like how Russian arms adverts make no bones about "Yeah, this was made to 100% murder non-hardened, occupied civilian structures."

Well, poo poo, for all this talk about counter-insurgency it kind of makes sense.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

yes yes yes yes no no no yes no no yes yes yes no yes yes no no yes yes no yes no no yes no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Knowing the recent trend, that guy probably murdered six people with a toothpick while skydiving out of a commercial jetliner.

Cool so it turns out this was probably an understatement

• Locked thread