Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Comrade Question posted:

The last two episodes had a noticeable increase in quality, I can appreciate that.

They're indeed called Ostros, which is also Birdo's birthname. I think.

No, the Ostro/Birdo thing in the game is just a mistake with the labeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Zinco posted:

Just make it fuckin' Wario and Waluigi. Come on. Just fuckin' do it.

But that would require putting Waluigi in a mainline Mario game, and Shigeru doesn't want that at all.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Lazerbeam posted:

What's up with the grey Birdo? I've only really played the GBA version and don't remember seeing one.

That's because the "grey" Birdo is actually a green one.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

kalonZombie posted:

I kept yelling at the screen for you to just loving jump behind Wart and throw the vegetables in then.

You are just SO BAD at this game.

With Mario that might be a little difficult, it's easiest to use that strategy if using Peach.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Monkey Fracas posted:

This feels like a pretty drunk episode.

Also do you have any tips on getting a loving NES to work properly- just dug mine out and the bastard is really finicky. I'm cleaning the cart tracings and everything!

Blow on it.

But no really, do you mean you're having trouble getting the console itself to work, or are the games all going to the gray screen? If it's the games, you might have a problem if the dust has gotten inside of the cartridge since cleaning the contacts won't totally fix the problem. You have to be really careful about removing the casing.

However, if it's the NES itself, I can't help you, I've never had to mess with the system itself.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

CJacobs posted:

Ever since Chip Cheezum's tiny human relative showed up for no reason in C&I's Uncharted LP I have always been a fan of LP Babies. I request you involve Lucas for all edutainment games.

edit: Fun fact, Firefox considers edutainment to be a word and doesn't count it as a misspelling. That's terrible.

Would Mario's Time Machine and Mario is Missing fit in there? I kind of remember them being not as easy as those early years games and tedious like the fact that you have to do everything in Mario's Time Machine in the correct order to get the true ending. I wouldn't subject him to those games.

EDIT: Spoiler tag for the game names, just in case.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

MR. J posted:

You gonna do it again when we get to the GBA? :v:

You somehow just reminded me that Super Mario Bros. Deluxe exists. I forgot how many remakes they did.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

MR. J posted:

I think they kind of screwed themselves out of the bonus worlds when they took a warp zone.

They will still have access to worlds A-D, but not world 9. That is the world that requires you to avoid using any warp zones.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

I would just like to point out that the "rips" that Quebecgamers did were really bad. The audio and sound quality was awful compared to how it normally sounds (which is also still bad).

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

SlothfulCobra posted:

What about Majora's mask, it has that one Mario mask, does that count?

What about Ocarina of Time? It had those pictures of Mario characters you could barely see through the castle windows.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Houle posted:

I remember this game being really easy until a point then the difficulty being turned up on its head without warning near the end of the game making you hunt for the best items to finish it. Though this is my memory of the game from middle school talking here.

The only sudden spike in difficulty I experienced in the game when I first played it was when you have to fight Yaridovich. He was so much harder than the boss you fought just before that, it caught me completely off guard since he mostly uses attacks that hit the whole party every turn that does a lot of damage if your magic defense isn't high. It was bad for me since I never bothered using Peach back then, so I didn't have easy access to a party-wide heal.

After that fight the game was pretty much smooth sailing.

(Some may argue Earth Link/Mad Adder is a tougher fight for that point in the game, but just from my personal experience I got a game over on the other fight a lot more times than I did on them in my first playthrough)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Pneub posted:

I'm pretty sure the whole series follows F-Zero rules.

Lighter weight= Higher acceleration, lower traction, less speed penalty off-road

Heavier weight= Higher top speed, higher traction

I'm not sure if this carried on through the rest of the series, but I remember that between light and heavy weights, one would lose speed quickly if you turned without drifting, and the other lost speed quickly offroad. I believe it was the heavy weights that got less of a penalty offroad, because I remember it not making sense to me back then.

• Locked thread