Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I take it he plays those million games he has on the projector screen attached to his wall? Or does he live in a classroom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Cordyceps Headache posted:

the_bahtub_is_the_best_way_to_show_off_our_house.jpg

That BRIGHT PINK Ruger is making my blood boil.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Djeser posted:

Is there a style of hat that looks good on someone with a fat face?

On one hand I'm thinking maybe formal hats just don't look good on fat people in general, on the other hand I'm thinking of comically fat Watson with a bowler cap.

I think Al Capone managed to pull it off with a fedora.

Not like you'd make fun of him anyway. "That guy looks stupid in a fedora and OH GOD"

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Are people with gas masks fair game? If so, I am awkward as all gently caress. They said "safety goggles minimum" in the chem labs. And goddamn if I didn't trump them. Plus, makes for neat Halloween costumes or exploring Зона, сталкер.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Atticus_1354 posted:

I hope it is a brand new mask with modern filters or else it isn't going to do anything except trap chemicals near your face and maybe give you cancer.

Belgian surplus mask, modern filters. Hey, Cancer is my zodiac sign. Also explains my fascination with all things that glow blue.

We now continue our previously scheduled programming.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I see the latest fashions at my job at a grocery store. Today, it was a huge person decked out in a brilliant green shirt, brilliant pink tie and brilliant red pants. Gender unknown.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Aerox posted:

Friends don't let friends watch anime.

Or rather, they don't care if they watch it, as long as they don't act like freaks in public. I've had to stop someone dressing up as some guy from Bleach or something like that. It wasn't even Halloween.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Back from when I was still loving up my grades at my last college...

There was a guy who I knew for fire spinning. That in of itself was awesome. Then he replaced the fire with glowing dildoes. Shortly afterward, he asked if I was a furry. I said "gently caress no." Then he started telling me that everyone I knew was a furry (they weren't). After this, he confessed that he was in fact the furry. (No poo poo.) He then proceeded to make a fursona for me (a fox, whaddaya know) despite my best attempts to tell him that I wanted to be a goddamn Paramecium or Euglena if I had to play along with this bullshit (or at least make him shut up). Multiple times I screamed at him to get out of my room and stop hitting me with the glowing dildoes on shoestring. Neckbeard: check. Fox tail: check (and he proceeded to hide it in my bed, closet, dresser, etc). Brony: check.

gently caress.

Who the gently caress let him hold a gun.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Did somebody say BAGELS???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aCWjkcLWBY

(Yeah, it's the same kid as the DO THE HARLEM SHAKE!! video where nobody plays along. I think this one's even worse, honestly.)

...why the gently caress did he think this was a good idea? And more importantly, how the gently caress can he sing dubstep? Does he practice that?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Themata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTstYihRjI4
An atheist Youtube series called 'Bible Answers', which opens up with a smug as hell 'disclaimer' then hits peak awkwardness by 0:30. There's 31 of these, apparently.

Oh god, his voice. I can only think of....

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Whatev posted:

I don't think there are a lot of motherfuckers gettin fat off regular rear end fruit. Watermelons and melons aren't particularly high in sugar at all, and possess an amount that is comparable to if not less than apples, oranges and bananas (~10g per 100g.) Grapes have significantly higher levels of sugar, but even then it's only about 15g per 100g. You have to eat half a pound of grapes before they rival the sugar content of one can of soda, and soda ain't got no fuckin vitamins and poo poo. It's juices and dried fruit that you really have to be considerate of.

This is my favorite photo from any of these threads. I think it is very universally enjoyable.

I would like to travel the world and ask people from many different cultures what they think about it.

loving

what

no

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

KidKrampus posted:

This documentary features that creepy Realdoll guy showing off his collection of weapons and dolls:
http://youtu.be/BizVx2Xdqs0 :nws: :nms:

All of the dudes featured are creepy/sad in their own way, but that guy takes the prize for creepy.

It also features a Realdoll repair shop where the guy running it out of his garage admits to loving some of the dolls on occasion, which just grosses me out more than anything else in this documentary. It shows him \digging out this old, crusty doll vag to replace it, as well as making incisions into them to fix joint sockets. It's also got a great segment with a dude who owns over 20 of these dolls shows off his collection to his girlfriend on his birthday, and her reaction to it. Well worth sitting through the whole thing.

...and there goes my peaceful sleep. Seriously, they're like corpses.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Fat_Cow posted:

This is planned right?

Please tell me this violates facebook's rules somehow and he got his account deleted or something. (If it's real)

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Kajeesus posted:

Look at the time stamps.

I actually don't find that bit all too peculiar; I've seen stuff progress at about the same rate before.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Frankston posted:

I have trouble hitting 3,000 calories a day. 30k is quite absurd.

Remember, us Americans use "cal" to represent "1000 calories" to make us feel better about what we eat. The rest of the world uses "kcal."

So 30k US calories = 30 * 1000 * 1000 = 3*107 real calories. Or 30 million. That's more energy than a pound of gasoline, or about 143 standard Hershey bars. I don't think he drinks pure gasoline, so candy is a safer bet.

Holy gently caress, if we burned him alive we could keep NYC lit up for like a fraction second. Or my hometown for a day.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Non Serviam posted:

In the rest of the world people use the same caloric terms. People speak of calories meaning kcal, it's not an American :911: thing, I don't know where you got that from

Just the way we write it on nutrition facts. All goods intended for American consumers just print "cal," everywhere else prints "kcal."

Which isn't to say that people out there might think it's literally just calories.

Oh god, the tumblr tags are all related to feederism.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Effingham posted:

A lot of what it comes down to is (1) laziness, and (2) lack of training to shop and cook.

Yup. I work at a grocery store and this is what I see on a regular basis.

For example, I had someone ask how to cook ground breakfast sausage (not the healthiest thing already) and eggs. I told her to brown the sausage and scramble the eggs, to which she replied with "do you have any easier ways?" I saw her at the checkout line with two boxes of Jimmy Dean's sausage, egg and cheese croissant sandwiches. Those things are scarily bad for you, far worse than making it all from scratch (and more expensive).

Another one...

Had someone else tell me what they had for lunch, and how it's a regular thing. Pre-cooked bacon, bologna and processed cheese sandwiches. Quote: "I don't even have to cook most of the week." The cart was full of frozen dinners, donuts, pre-made coffee drinks, cheap juice and canned goods. A quick mental estimate came up with at least 30% more expensive than fresh goods, but 95% more convenient. Truly, no-effort eating.

Both were rather large people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

rocketpig posted:

They were jumping about and going "squee!" and stuff while in the shop.

...wait, jumping up and down and making guinea pig sounds? Or actually saying "squeeeee!" If it's the latter, then holy poo poo.
I'm sorry you had to experience that.

There's a gaming store (D&D and card games, mainly) nearby. In the same strip mall, there's a sword/armor store. I'm tempted to go in and just record everything I see, BBC nature documentary style. It could be the next "Gorillas in the Mist."

Ditto the sad-looking comic book shop if I were driving in the opposite direction. Plus, there's a bar next door. The purpose of visiting there is twofold:
1.) Drink something strong to bleach my brain.
2.) Observe PUA in their natural habitat.

• Locked thread