Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Aww, I wished they'd turned John Cho dying at the end of every episode into a thing but oh well maybe next week.

I also love Ghost Clancy Brown and hope he keeps coming back too. Okay Sleepy Hollow, I'm sold.

Also, this show needs more of Ichabod being charmingly bemused by modern technology/society, THAT is the best part of this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Compendium posted:

John Cho, you really got to ask yourself after getting your neck stretchy and snapped and digging up bones for an ungrateful witch. Is the apocalypse really that worth it? :sigh:

Hey, apparently Satan has good healthcare coverage. Look what he did for a broken neck... granted that he caused, but still, try getting that fixed under Obamacare. :v:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 24, 2013

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Show of hands, who else here is kind of bummed that FOX didn't splurge and just buy the rights to Sympathy for the Devil to use as their opening theme? Sure they wouldn't have any money left over for their VFX budget, but at least I could get up and dace for about 20 seconds while the intro rolled.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well I think it's pretty obvious, given that she's a main character, that they're gonna rescue his wife from Limbo or wherever the hell she's tapped in before the end of the season. And between her, Abby, Ichabod, Sarah Conner, John Noble, Ghost Clancy Brown and Officer Ex-Fiancée, it looks like they're setting up a pretty nice little Scooby Gang 2.0, if things come together the right way.

Or it'll end up cancelled by November, because, well, FOX.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 25, 2013

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

NeuroticLich posted:

Best episode since the premiere, although I was totally expecting to see the Headless Horseman this week and was disappointed in that regard.

But the evil Germans and the church scene almost made up for that.

Do we know how far into the season John Noble's episode(s) are? I'm patiently waiting for my favorite acid dropping wizard to show up in Sleepy Hollow.

Fairly soon, I would imagine. FOX traded a "back 9" pick up for an instant second season renewal, so we're on episode 4 of 13. Hopefully having a short season means they can keep up this level of quality too. That OnStar gag was the Best Thing Ever :allears:.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The only thing wrong with that image is that she spelled "leftenant" wrong. :colbert:

Also, was I seeing things, or was Pestilence wearing an old-timey WWI-style gas mask under that kabuto? Because if so, that was a nice touch.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Frostwerks posted:

I kinda hope the entire police force or at least the main players come around. It'd be some strange poo poo to see a functional, competent and credulous police force in a show.

They seem to be laying the groundwork for a Person of Interest-style set up with the Main Duo (Ichabod and Abby), plus a stable of competent supporting characters with actual legal (or illegal) sway to help them out (ie: Jenny, Irving, Katrina, Ghost Clancy Brown, Ramirez & white guy, ect.)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Okay, guys, as awesome as both these images and Orlando Jones is, you seem to be missing the obvious here...

JENNY'S BACK! :buddy:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

I guess it was really pussy poison or something.

That or Ichabod is just that manly.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

johntfs posted:

I loved that Katrina's maiden name was von Tassel just like in the story.

Also, "I thought only horses slept standing up!" was glorious.

Van Tassel :eng101:

But yeah, they seemed to kind of wrap things up real quick this week, but I'm really hoping John Noble and Free Mason dudes stick around ala Jenny.

This show is just filling up with badasses.

I kind of think the horseman and Zombie Sulu are kind of hosed, right?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:allears:

Someone needs to like graph the ratio of crazy:awesome this show is running on, because I bet its like like a straight diagonal line reaching upward toward infinity starting from the first second of the pilot.

I can't believe I went into the pilot rolling my eyes at the premise only for it to become like my favourite show can't-miss show since like :bsg:. Everyone seems like they're just having a blast making this show, and that joy effortlessly translates to the audience too. I'm so happy that this shows become such a smash hit.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bull3964 posted:

It's a silly argument because tap water isn't free anyways!

The whole "it was a ritual suicide" bit reminded me of The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul by Douglas Adams where they find a guy decapitated in a locked room with his head rotating on a record player. The chief inspector wanted it to be a suicide so they could close the investigation right then and there.

I love that part too and just how everyone seems to go with it without a second thought.

:j: How are we gonna explain this to everyone?
:what: ...Suicide.
:j: Eh, works for me.
:rant: BOTTLED WATER?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Same thing here, more-or-less. I'm a Canadian with about the level of tour guide knowledge about the American Revolution that would make Ichabod :byodood: over, but it's approachable enough and does a good enough explaining things to the viewer that you can keep up and not really miss a step. See: the Sally Hemmings montage.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Croisquessein posted:

I'm not sure what to think of that treeman. I mean, guy in a rubber tree suit.

Yeah, but it was a drat good looking rubber suit. The way they lit it during those fight/chase scenes really made it stand out. Between Treebeard, the Sandman, the Horsemen, charcoal witch, and Zombie Sulu's hosed up neck, this show as some drat impressive practical effects work that you usually don't see on TV any more in the age of CGI. I can't wait till we get some non-blur filtered shots of Moloch, because I'm pretty sure he's a practical effect too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I would watch that...I am so sorry.

Don't be. That is a wonderful idea, and anyone who says otherwise is a joyless husk of a person. :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Compendium posted:

Now that we know that Abbie's soul is on the line, I dread that the season finale will leave us hanging.

Yeah, but at least we know we're getting a season two, so it won't be twinned with the dread that any moment between now and March FOX will announce they've cancelled it in favour of giving Greed another shot at life... Which, in all fairness, I wouldn't be too broken up about, but Greed was awesome.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
At the rate they're going, I will be legitimately surprised if Kartina is still in Purgatory by the end of the season.

SiKboy posted:

I see 2 options for season finale cliffhanger. Katrina free, Abbie in Purgatory. (By the end of S2E01 Katrina sacrifices herself to free Abbie, returning to purgatory.) Either that or the finale ends with "Ichabod, Molochs vessel... Is your son!".

I think it would be cool if it was some combination of the two. Team Crane all works together to save both Abbey and Katrina, Katrina's free from Purgatory, War is defeated, and it looks like we're getting a complete happy ending for the season until... Moloch-Possessed Jeremy shows up and sets the stage for season two.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tupping Liberty posted:

Is anyone else starting to get vibes that Katrina is maybe not on the good side? Or have I just been watching too much Scandal?

I've been trying to write it off in my mind, but people I've spoken to about the show have pretty much said the same thing. She's lied to, withheld information from, and straight-up manipulated Ichabod (and Abbie) quite a few times since the show began. She also kind of dicked over Brom pretty hard, and the Four-Who-Speak-As-One seemed to imply that she really, honestly, totally deserved to be locked away in Purgatory for whatever she's done.

I don't want to believe it and I'm hoping it's some sort of misdirect because it seems like they're setting up a way for Ichabod and Abbey to fall in love and for it to be okay because, oh, hey, Katrina was evil all along. But on the other hand, I'm getting this feeling in the pit of my stomach that she sought out Moloch herself from within Purgatory after the Four banished her and is either using him for some kind of larger purpose, or tried to and was overwhelmed by him because he's about as close to Satan as FOX can get away with showing on network television.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The scariest part was Ichabod in the devil's trouser. :stare:

I'm seriously bummed we didn't get to see pink-striped t-shirt Ichabod. The writers must have an entire wall of their writer's room just covered in silly fan art and are trying to make all of it a reality before the end of the show.

Great episode, but what the hell happened to Morales? Did they just leave him there at the safehouse unconcious? Or is he also dead now like his partner, Not-Chris Pine?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Katrina is actually Moloch in drag.

ZombieCho is a time-displaced Hikaru Sulu.

Parish is Ichabod's evil twin.

Abbie and Jenny are actually the same person and have been fooling everyone with elaborate mind games.

Orlando Jones is actually Orlando Bloom under heavy make up and costly CGI effects.

Oh, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau shows up in the last two minutes because it turns out the whole show is a stealth continuation of Virtuality, because gently caress YOU FOX!

Prove me wrong, Sleepy Hollow. :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Good day, "YouTube."

Despite the name my technologically knowledgeable acquaintance Lt. Mills used on this account, which I will not be compelled to repeat as it contains several numbers in place of letters and possibly mocking innuendos, I am Ichabod Crane, a history teacher formerly at Oxford, a soldier in the Revolutionary War, and a personal agent of General George Washington himself, who you will commonly know as the first President of these United States.

No, his wooden teeth were not obvious to those of us at the time. They were well-crafted.

Presently, in this pictographical missive, I will be airing my thoughts on last night's episode of Reign and the historical inaccuracies therein. There are several, and I will numerate them all forthwith.

God, I can't wait to see his crossover review of The Patriot with The Nostalgia Critic. :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:magical:

Well poo poo. That was awesome. And we're getting a second season so at least it doesn't end on this sick nut-punch like V did.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

There aren't any STUPID CHILD CHARACTERS on this show, so it's automatically 10,000,000 times better than V was.

Hey, V got wicked good in its last 10 minutes... Though you're 100% and I was a total masochist to stick it out to its end.

...but Sleepy Hollow. gently caress YEAH! Right?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dantes posted:

He could use it to post vlogs all summer long while we wait for the return of the show !!!

"Salutations denizens of the communications network dubbed the 'Internet.' My name is Ichabod Crane and though I may not look it at the moment due to my being trapped in a coffin, I am a... How shall we say, 'historical consultant' for the Sleepy Hollow Sheriff's Department. If anyone is watching this, the coordinates of my interment site are listed in the video description field. In the meanwhile, permit me to discuss how I found myself in this situation... For the second time in my life. :mad:"

EDIT: I think I know how they can get Abby out of Purgatory and still keep Katrina. According to Katrina, there's only two ways out of Purgatory: someone takes your place, or you find forgiveness for your sins. Since Katrina's now out of Purgatory, presumably she doesn't have to worry about the forgiveness clause so her sins have fled the coop with her. So all Abby has to do is find forgiveness for whatever sins she has left to be forgiven, an easier task than Katrina finding forgiveness for being a living affront to God, so if she does that, presumably she gets to go free and we get one of those big Sleepy Hollow style "everybody wins" endings to kick off Season Two with. No?

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jan 21, 2014

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I think it's a case of Kurtzman, Orci and Olin being savvy enough producers to know that fantasy shows on FOX get murdered before they even have a chance to make it thought their opening credits so they went for "big, crazy, and fast," and somehow ended up winning. Terra Nova for instance failed because it went big, and sort of crazy, but not crazy enough and not fast enough, ergo the show with the unsinkable premise of "Stephen Lang punches the gently caress out of dinosaurs," tanked.

...Yes I know focusing too much on the stupid family and a guy named Brannon Braga didn't really help things either, but that's semantics.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Compendium posted:

I just realized, if the Horsemen so far are people who are connected to Crane, I wonder what's stopping one of them from being Victor Garber...

Whether or not Victor Garber wants to do another TV series? That would be awesome though, because a) we get more Victor Garber, and b) Ichabod gets to be on both ends of a "No, gently caress YOU, Dad!" generational pissing match.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SiKboy posted:

Thats how they are going to tide the fans over until the new season, a youtube channel which is just a constant shot of some bare earth and Ichabod complaining in a really muffled voice.

And then around mid July they just stop because he's figured out how to get Netflix working on Abbey's iPhone and spends the rest of the summer binge-watching Breaking Bad.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Even better, Lyndie Greenwood has too!

God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world.

:woop:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Binary Badger posted:

What is so endearing to me is how he continues to clutch the pen in outrage until the very end.

He pretty much stops short of calling them valueless brigands, but hey. Can't alienate potential sponsors..

I often wonder what this show would be without Tom Misson. Everyone else in the cast is bringing their A-game too, no doubt, but he just puts over the top in the most wonderful way. :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

El Tortuga posted:

Crane is pretty much the Forest Gump of the American Revolution, and that's okay with me.

Nah. At this rate, Ichabod is becoming more the Ezio Auditore of the Revolutionary war.

Oh god, I just realized it as I typed it; this show is Assassin's Creed III done right. :aaaaa:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

So basically, I can have Tom Mison's hot-rear end voice piping into my ears for nothing? Sign me up.

What's more, he's essentially narrating the story as a more serious version of the show's Ichabod. I kept waiting for him to stop randomly and start ranting about audiobooks. :allears:

• Locked thread